Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-10-09, 01:39   Link #1121
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Ha ha, I know what you mean. I wish I had a better schedule and more time to work on my fanfic. Anywho, speaking of which, and since we're sharing our fanfics anyway, I thought I'd post a preview of the next chapter of my Code Geass: A World Abandoned fanfic. Keep in mind though that this isn't a complete and final version. This is just a rought draft that has yet to be revised and it's not the full chapter, just a segment. Enjoy.

Spoiler for size:
Holy crap, how many fanfics ARE there...

I can't keep up. Lol.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 02:19   Link #1122
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Holy crap, how many fanfics ARE there...

I can't keep up. Lol.
Paladinoras, the number of fanfics out there (of any show/series) is practically infinite. Just stick with a few that you like.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-09, 19:03   Link #1123
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Paladinoras, the number of fanfics out there (of any show/series) is practically infinite. Just stick with a few that you like.
Specially because there is a lot of ones that sucks baaaad. When you find one that is nice, stick with it like it's the right person in your life.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 04:49   Link #1124
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Indeed.

Well, I have already picked 4 that I particularly like. But I still have fanfics from other series that I read. Lol.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 06:30   Link #1125
HollowScar

Send a message via Yahoo to HollowScar
Do any of you think that Shirley was on the right path, by being so loyal to Lelouch all the time? I thing she loved him dearly, but for someone who is supposed to jump to conclusions like her, she still made herself believe in Lelouch's ways, without knowing if his cause was good or bad.
HollowScar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 07:13   Link #1126
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Another chapter. This time, things aren't going so smoothly for everyone.

Spoiler for writing:

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-10-10 at 08:12.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 00:42   Link #1127
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollowScar View Post
Do any of you think that Shirley was on the right path, by being so loyal to Lelouch all the time? I thing she loved him dearly, but for someone who is supposed to jump to conclusions like her, she still made herself believe in Lelouch's ways, without knowing if his cause was good or bad.
Well, if we're talking in terms of end result, then no, I suppose that wasn't a very good to path to follow to ensure her longevity.

Seriously though, admittedly Shirley was always a bit naive, but that was just part of her character. True, she didn't always exactly think things through and she couldn't really see the dark side of Lelouch's character, but I still think she made the right choice in following her heart. I don't think it was so much that Shirley was loyal to or believed in Lelouch's cause, I think it was that Shirley, out of her concern/love for him, wanted to help and be the one thing truthful to him.

@yezhanquan: Another good chapter. Keep it up.
Old 2009-10-11, 02:41   Link #1128
HollowScar

I agree. She envisioned a world with Lelouch, and for that, she let go all of his flaws. She was a bit on the dreamy side, which did cost her a lot. That's why I think Lelocuh and Shirley should be together in the afterlife, because of her blind commitment to him, and his caring towards her.
Old 2009-10-11, 02:49   Link #1129
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I agree. She envisioned a world with Lelouch, and for that, she let go all of his flaws. She was a bit on the dreamy side, which did cost her a lot. That's why I think Lelocuh and Shirley should be together in the afterlife, because of her blind commitment to him, and his caring towards her.
Hmm, well even still I wouldn't go so far as to call it "blind commitment." Sol can probably explain it better than I can, but with Shirley she didn't just ignore or see past his flaws to envision Lelouch as the idol that she wanted him to be. In fact, that was a big part of her character that she saw the flaws in Lelouch and she wanted to help change him and make him see the good in the world.

But yeah, I know they're definitely happy together in the afterlife
Old 2009-10-11, 03:26   Link #1130
HollowScar

I can see that from your avatar. I am sure many people can relate to Shirley, and even I can as a guy. I find her to be someone who does not understand how the system works, but wants to fit in, and help.
Old 2009-10-11, 11:06   Link #1131
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

@Nobodyman9: Thanks for the read. Did this chapter after reading volume 1 of the Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu manga.
Old 2009-10-12, 16:45   Link #1132
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I can see that from your avatar. I am sure many people can relate to Shirley, and even I can as a guy. I find her to be someone who does not understand how the system works, but wants to fit in, and help.
Well, if the "system" you're referring to is Lelouch's grand, larger-than-life, revolutionize the world scheme, then that's a bit of an oversimplification

But yeah, that was pretty much Shirley's problem was that she was just an ordinary high school who fell in love with a guy who just happened to be living a double-life as a revoutionary war leader. Thus, she got in way over her head and entered a world she had no business being in.

So anyway, new topic: What's your favorite Shirley/Shirlulu moment? For me it's hard to decide (since there are so many good ones ) But the end of Turn 12 really sticks out in my mind since it was such a sweet, innocen, and tender moment between the two.
Old 2009-10-12, 16:51   Link #1133
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
So anyway, new topic: What's your favorite Shirley/Shirlulu moment? For me it's hard to decide (since there are so many good ones ) But the end of Turn 12 really sticks out in my mind since it was such a sweet, innocen, and tender moment between the two.
someone steals ideals from other topics, glad that Klalen thread can be a creative inspiration though. . .

As for fav moment, i have to admit that Stage 14 all the ending with Masquerade and all that, was the best Shirlulu moment and the one that stands out from all the other hands down.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 17:16   Link #1134
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
someone steals ideals from other topics, glad that Klalen thread can be a creative inspiration though. . .

As for fav moment, i have to admit that Stage 14 all the ending with Masquerade and all that, was the best Shirlulu moment and the one that stands out from all the other hands down.
What can I say? I just don't have the creative minds that you guys do

Indeed, that seems to be the consensus that most people consider that their favorite Shirlulu moment. It really is quite touching. And Masquerade is definitely a beautiful song to help escalate the mood.
Old 2009-10-12, 17:50   Link #1135
ginran
~Smile~

I havent posted here in so long....XD

As for my favorite Shirlulu moment....the end of Turn 12 was adorable and then pretty much all of Stage 14, especially the Masquerade scene, which was just amazing even though it had a sad feeling to it. Also, the kiss scene at the end of Stage 12, as sad as it was, I thought it was pretty interesting that Lelouch still went to meet Shirley even though he was WAY late and had already planned to cancel their date. Okay, if I go on Ill just end up listing all the Shirlulu scenes and why I liked them. XD

Thanks to Yuka-Chan for the sig!
ginran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-12, 22:29   Link #1136
HollowScar

I find the scene where Lelouch erases Shirley's memories, and in her memory they meet, the most adorable. It is one of the few scenes I remember, and must say the music was great too. Lelouch and Shirley in that scene reminded me of a possible fairy tale, but the series told otherwise. In the hereafter, may they both live like King and Queen in a perfect place.
Old 2009-10-14, 00:18   Link #1137
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
I find the scene where Lelouch erases Shirley's memories, and in her memory they meet, the most adorable. It is one of the few scenes I remember, and must say the music was great too. Lelouch and Shirley in that scene reminded me of a possible fairy tale, but the series told otherwise. In the hereafter, may they both live like King and Queen in a perfect place.
You're referring to Stage 14, correct? And I must admit that is a very nice idea you have with Lelouch and Shirley becoming King and Queen of a perfect place. I wonder where that would be though? Oh, I know! Lelouch takes over heaven! (or the World of C. Whichever)

All right anyway, here's another idea (that I DIDN'T steal from the Kallen Thread, thank you ) Post your favorite Shirley/Shirlulu pics. It can be anything. It can be official art, fanart, or scenes from the show. I'll admit, it is pretty hard for me to pick a favorite, but this one's definitely in my top 5 anyway.

Just a soft, tender, beautiful embrace presumably in the afterlife. Absolutely gorgeous
Old 2009-10-14, 00:49   Link #1138
ConfinesOfTheDark
Reaper's Disciple

Wow Nobodyman9, I have to give you 2 thumbs up. I'm a ShirxLuLu fan myself and you putting that picture up just made my heart melt (but I'm not gonna cry, *sob*). Despite all the KallenxLuLu and LuLuxC.C. fans, I'm sticking with the canon because Kallen is too smart, independent (not to mention totally hot) to be with Lelouch.
ConfinesOfTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-14, 01:25   Link #1139
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConfinesOfTheDark View Post
Wow Nobodyman9, I have to give you 2 thumbs up. I'm a ShirxLuLu fan myself and you putting that picture up just made my heart melt (but I'm not gonna cry, *sob*). Despite all the KallenxLuLu and LuLuxC.C. fans, I'm sticking with the canon because Kallen is too smart, independent (not to mention totally hot) to be with Lelouch.
Ah, you flatter me. Hee hee But wait, are you saying that you're a Shirlulu fan and NOT a Kalulu fan. That last sentence in your post confuses me a little.
Old 2009-10-14, 03:59   Link #1140
Knightrunner

I'm not sure but I think along time ago I found a code geass audio that ask what sport lelouch will beat suzaku and it had all the girls thinking of possibilities of what sport lelouch can stand a chance on.

In that audio shirley was always thinking of lelouch and suzaku being together.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote