AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2021-09-23, 15:30   Link #221
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well, at least they did something with their budget. Honestly I might just take the Highlander 2 angle with Gou and Sotsu. That or pretend Rika wakes up at the end of this after doing some drugs. I’m not even sure what to do other than laugh at events unfolding.
Old 2021-09-23, 15:56   Link #222
MCAL

That was the most entertaining episode of anime this season. No joke.

Though I'm still left wondering what the manga adaption of these events is gonna be since nothing about Rika remembering loops or having a piece of the sword has happened yet.

EDIT: Oh yeah and its definitely ending for good next episode now.

Last edited by MCAL; 2021-09-23 at 16:08.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 18:00   Link #223
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eua perfectly summed up the events of this episode: high entertaining but utterly ridiculous. I laughed the entire time. It felt like they gathered all the memes they could think of and put them in the episode.

The best part was Satoko revealing to Rika the main reason she did all this is that she hates studying. Rika's reaction was gold.

How fucking weak is Rika? You're telling me she didn't manage to win a single one of those dozen fights? When they ended up in the classroom I thought "plenty of chairs, now is time for Rika's comeback!" but Satoko sensed the danger and threw her out the window.
Old 2021-09-23, 18:14   Link #224
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

What the fuck did I just watch?

Okay at this point they have completely given up on trying to abide by the rules of logic, the only rule that wasn't broken is the rule of cool.

I guess I sort of enjoyed this episode because at this point I don't even care and I just laughed at the utter ridiculousness of the events that unfolded.

Even before Rika used her newfound power to teleport the sword's shard on her hand, both she and Satoko displayed unrealistic superhuman strength (and I mean it in the sense that for an adult male it would still be unrealistic).

But then they end up displaying supersayan powers and somehow the universe itself rebelled by making them jump randomly between fragments for no apparent reason.

The confrontation itself and dialogs on themselves are pretty good, and it would have been a 10/10 episode if it wasn't for the 3rd rate shounen bullshit in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
How fucking weak is Rika? You're telling me she didn't manage to win a single one of those dozen fights? When they ended up in the classroom I thought "plenty of chairs, now is time for Rika's comeback!" but Satoko sensed the danger and threw her out the window.
I was thinking the same. According to the established rules if Satoko dies before Rika it's game over. And that was a stupid rule to being with, but that means Rika was killed every single time.

Or perhaps they simply decided to ignore that rule, and Rika is actually supposed to have won off screen a few times, because why the heck not at this point, who cares?

Well... at least it wasn't a recap...

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 21:10   Link #225
Gerard07

Looking at the chapter, well, at least now they showed what happened after Satoko was discovered, although Rika and Satoko's fights were somewhat exaggerated (where did they get so much strength?), The part where they use the sword I think That was an exaggeration, but I guess this is a fight between "witches", wait for the next chapter and see how it ends.
Ask out of curiosity, how successful is anime in Japan?
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 21:59   Link #226
Marina2

Quote:
I am 100% sure Ryukishi07 just ignored the rules and did whatever he thought it was cool at this point. He expected audiences to not question it and went along with the flow.

Look like Manga version just decided to divert itself from anime plot and go with something new.
https://web-ace.jp/youngaceup/conten.../episode/5713/

Images
Higurashi Jun
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by Marina2; 2021-09-23 at 23:14.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-23, 23:24   Link #227
Zolton

Manga original ending? I'm in.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 01:27   Link #228
MCAL

Higurashi manga is really gonna just be the better written version of this story, isn't it?
Old 2021-09-24, 08:42   Link #229
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Boy, sure is going to be an interesting set up for the ending of this story with it now seeming like Satoko is going to get away with killing her best friend in horrible ways over and over as well as shooting up crazy drugs into her mutuals butts.

Because this episode, aside from being mindless entertainment, clearly shows that Rika is going to forgive Satoko despite all the shit she pulled.

Well, the animation was cool.

Quote:
How fucking weak is Rika? You're telling me she didn't manage to win a single one of those dozen fights?
Among all of the ludicrous nonsense that went down in this episode, this part actually made sense given prior established lore/rules, actually.

Rika is a human, so she maintains the same physical status loop to loop after she dies.

Satoko, on the other hand, is a Saiyan, so everytime she kills herself she gets a Zenkai boost to her looper self.
Old 2021-09-24, 13:02   Link #230
Gerard07

How often does the manga come out? Well, I think the ending will be Rika or Satoko dying so that the other life in that world or it also occurs to me that maybe Eua gave the power to "another person" (to make things more interesting) and takes care of both, leave an open ending for another season as a single chapter may not be enough to close the story, although there may be some here who don't like that but in the end it depends on how successful you are in Japan, wait until Thursday.
Old 2021-09-24, 16:00   Link #231
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
How often does the manga come out?
Its been coming out with half a chapter every other Friday.

EDIT: Speaking of, the final part of chapter 15 was translated and yeah, this was basically a mostly better written version of anime Gou. LMAO

Last edited by MCAL; 2021-09-24 at 16:12.
Old 2021-09-24, 17:57   Link #232
monsta666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I was thinking the same. According to the established rules if Satoko dies before Rika it's game over. And that was a stupid rule to being with, but that means Rika was killed every single time.

Or perhaps they simply decided to ignore that rule, and Rika is actually supposed to have won off screen a few times, because why the heck not at this point, who cares?
Not that analysing makes a lot of difference at this point but Satoko has a ton of plot armour. She was cut in the neck by the fragment of that sword. A normal character would have died right there. She also got her face smashed on the table yet she wasn't even stunned there.

In this SOTSU season the whole universe has danced to Satoko's will as unlike Rika, whatever Satoko plans works. ALWAYS. Oyashiro cursed people will do exactly what she wants and no one will go outside of Satoko's script. That plus the fact there are numerous inconsistencies makes me think you are just supposed to enjoy this season and not question all the minor details. This is a mindless action flick that is supposed to be watched in the same vein you would watch an Arnie movie.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-24, 18:30   Link #233
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's kind of amazing to see what Higurashi has become. Gou and Sotsu have shat all over the original series. Who could have possibly imagined that Satoko would turn into a sadistic killer because she hates studying?
Old 2021-09-24, 23:33   Link #234
The Green One

Well for the "conflict" to continue Satoko must have plot armor invincibility and Rika must constantly fail at everything she does.

I think though this series in general an example of what happens when you force a sequel for a story that already had a definitive ending. You have to create a whole new conflict which can have trouble going through smoothly. Especially if you're reusing characters and concepts.

Not to mention with how asinine this plot is and what a cartoonish villain Satoko has made. I mean anyone not named Satoko and Rika aren't even characters anymore, their plot devices that don't even matter anymore.
Old 2021-09-24, 23:49   Link #235
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The Teppei redemption story is really the only worthwhile thing to come out of the whole debacle.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 13:54   Link #236
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
It's kind of amazing to see what Higurashi has become. Gou and Sotsu have shat all over the original series. Who could have possibly imagined that Satoko would turn into a sadistic killer because she hates studying?
The terrible thing is that it shouldn't even be that hard to turn Satoko into a villain. Even ignoring the syndrome there is plenty there. Her inkling towards traps that could veer into deadly with ease, the legitimate stress and trauma of being treated by the village the way she was, or even just feeling like she wasn't trusted by those around her with the truth. Rika not telling everyone the truth most of the time is the obvious thing. But Shion (and everyone else afterwards) hid Satoshi's condition in Kai from her, Keiichi in his bad routes tried to save her while keeping her in the dark, and the list goes on.

But nope...instead they decided a far more stupid reason was the way to go. We wouldn't want to challenge Takano's legacy by having another blonde main antagonist with a relatively well crafted fall into villainy. People might have trouble telling them apart or something .
Old 2021-09-26, 16:09   Link #237
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

They went full Umineko mode and I'm fine with it.

Sorry fans, but it is at least more entertaining than thew whiole bullshit with Takano.

I will only be disappointed if they end with stupid friendship ending, but it is highly likely.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 11:00   Link #238
Zolton

So that ominous shot of the older club members in the OP foreshadowed... exactly nothing.

Rika and Satoko made up after trading blows, and everybody lived happily ever after.
Zolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-30, 11:43   Link #239
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep.
  • Gou was only there to redeem Teppei.
  • Sotsu is there just to beat some goddamn common sense into Satoko.
  • Both seasons only exist to character-assassinate Satoko and forced some chaotic loops on Higurashi fans.
  • And all of this is just one giant waste of time since most of the conflicts could've been settled down if both parties (especially Satoko) would just sit down and talk honestly with each other. You don't need multiple loops' worth of fuckin' murderous rampage & DBZ fight just to arrive to this episode's conclusion that you can't always be together with your BFF. In the first place, what kind of delusional goal was that? Grow freakin' up & get a life, bitches!

Also, did we go back to Kai-ending timeline or is this yet another random new timeline? I don't give a damn at this point. Knock yourself out, Umineko fans.
Old 2021-09-30, 14:11   Link #240
Gerard07

Seen the last chapter, well it is not the ending I expected but I suppose it goes well with the anime, in the end Satoko and Rika reconciled with blows and in the end they understood that they cannot force the other to their dream. Hanyuu managed to do a miracle against Eua that turned into a loli (I would have liked another ending for the character), and the other characters Teppei, Satoshi, Takano, and Tomitake all had a happy ending (at least in this loop).
Regarding this season, it was not exactly what I expected, Satoko seemed like a good antagonist of the yandere, but some things like explaining what happened at case would take a long time and the DBZ-style fights somehow went against my expectations , but I guess it will open the door for Umineko or more projects related to the series, to wait for what comes next.

Last edited by Gerard07; 2021-09-30 at 21:15.