Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-01-16, 21:02   Link #1541
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
Is it a facade? Maybe some yes, but all of it? Can you be so sure? And you're exactly right, Tsumugu doesn't bother, he doesn't try. That's what i'm annoyed about, he is no longer a pleasant character to interact with. This is the point i'm making, I don't like his character interactions, I don't like his character at the moment, he's just not trying.

His grandpa is in the hospital, but he doesn't visit him. He's not trying. Hikari, the first sea dweller to come out of hibernation is at a house he is familiar with for 2 days and yet he makes no attempt to even drop in to say hello, see how he's doing. He isn't trying. Isn't Tsumugu studying the sea and the sea village, researching the hibernation etc? And yet he makes no attempt to get information out of Hikari for his work? He isn't trying.

Now you can see why I feel like his character deserves it. He isn't trying.
He's a man with a lot on his shoulders right now while acting as the head of the household since his gramps is still sick.

This guy is usually calm and cool, but he's holding back a lot. Slamming that cup spoke volumes.

Tsugumu doesn't want to be a scumbag. If he was, he would have taken advantage of Chisaki's state during these past 5 years.

Instead, he's a researcher who wants to know what happen to his friends and I would say a chunk of that reason is to make Chisaki happy. He's a good guy and he couldn't stand hearing her cry when she first moved in after losing everyone she knew. He got his resolve once he saw how hysterical she got over his gramp's condition. He explained his plans on the next scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post

Hikari's strong enough to accept things as they are. This doesn't mean Chisaki is suddenly capable of moving on or anything. You're confusing his character development with hers. She's still stuck in the past and Hikari accepting her doesn't change that, especially since his rational is that she really hasn't changed, which is not true. She changed, and she has to face that reality. She can't hid behind Hikari's kindness and strength.
Right. She needs to change and start moving on her own.

Chisaki has to understand that there's always been a rock/red belly sea slug right beside her.

As for Hikari, I feel for him.

It's like somebody waking up from a coma for x amount of years and has to readjust to his/her new surroundings.

He held back his frustration/pain from his family since he wanted to act strong, but vented his problems to his boy. Pretty accurate stuff.
Miuna helped him in her own way by raising her own flag.

Kancho = Butterflies

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2014-01-16 at 21:58.
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 21:28   Link #1542
blottyparchment

I think they meant to show that contrast between Tsumugu and Hikari. Hikari has always been the active type, can't sit still without doing something for somebody even when everybody else feels helpless. Tsumugu, on the other hand, does things by way of silent gestures. He made a pond for the sea kids at the beginning of the story. He offered advise when asked. He does things quietly. Tsumugu's the type who gives others' space, doesn't invade others' space, and will react more when sought out, as opposed to Hikari who doesn't have qualms taking the initiative. And one of the times that Tsumugu did take the initiative and offered to be Chisaki's red-bellied sea slug again, it backfired on him, and Chisaki left upset.

Doesn't mean that Tsumugu's way of caring/comforting is less than Hikari's. Well, to each his own.

I do think that Tsumugu, is like Chisaki in a way. He's being cautious/wary about tipping the balance/changing the status quo. It took a while for Chisaki to return her usual cheerful and smiling face, but even that was a front, because Chisaki would still have this sad expression at times. He knew that Chisaki was missing her sea friends and her underwater home. What else could he do? He couldn't bring back the sleeping seafolks, which is impossible. Tsumugu studying oceanography was his silent way of helping Chisaki and the seafolks. It's not that Tsumugu isn't bothering to do anything. He is just subtle.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 21:56   Link #1543
Excorsism

Kind of sad that Kaname was mentioned only once in the entire episode and that was from his best friend.

True suffering, .
Old 2014-01-16, 22:23   Link #1544
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Kind of sad that Kaname was mentioned only once in the entire episode and that was from his best friend.

True suffering, .
Who's that? I seem to recall hearing the name, but ... nah, he must not be an important character.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 22:25   Link #1545
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Kaname is the Mamoru (Shin Sekai Yori) of this anime .
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 22:42   Link #1546
sikvod00

Hey, if the level of suffering Kaname experiences when he returns manages to tone down that overly precocious personality of his, that's a change for the better. This is a melodrama involving the main cast. So everyone should be sucked into the vortex. There were signs of his facade slipping near the end of the 1st cour, but that's not enough to satiate Okada.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 23:05   Link #1547
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Really enjoyed this episode. I espically loved the interactions with Chisaki and Tsumugu. Since Hikari has shown up, hopefully Chisaki can leave her romantic feelings about him behind and move on. I'm interested to see see how Tsumugu handles all of this too

For whatever reason Miyu's feelings don't quite reach me. Perhaps because I only saw her feelings a childish crush and nothing more. I'm interested to see how Hikari will handle her feelings. Will he still hold hope for Manaka or move on with Miyu? I hope Manaka returns.

Kaname? Kaname who?
Hope he shows up soon too.

What? Kaname? Who is that XD
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 23:12   Link #1548
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku View Post

Kaname is the name of a cool character in Samurai Flamenco. Kaname is also the family name of the titular character in Madoka Magica.

...I'm not familiar with any Kaname in this show however.
Old 2014-01-16, 23:14   Link #1549
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:

Kaname? Kaname who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Who's that? I seem to recall hearing the name, but ... nah, he must not be an important character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Hey, if the level of suffering Kaname experiences when he returns manages to tone down that overly precocious personality of his, that's a change for the better. This is a melodrama involving the main cast. So everyone should be sucked into the vortex. There were signs of his facade slipping near the end of the 1st cour, but that's not enough to satiate Okada.
Karma will come for you guys. Is Okada and your talk reminds me a lot of Hanasaku's talk about OhanaxTohru so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Kaname is the Mamoru (Shin Sekai Yori) of this anime .
Who ended Mamoru with in that series?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-16, 23:23   Link #1550
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Kaname? Kaname who?

I think I found him!!!

Seriously though, he might show up next episode.

I don't think he'll adapt as quick since he doesn't have Hikari's support team.

Who knows? For all we know, maybe he's already on the surface.
Old 2014-01-16, 23:41   Link #1551
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Kaname is the name of a cool character in Samurai Flamenco. Kaname is also the family name of the titular character in Madoka Magica.

...I'm not familiar with any Kaname in this show however.
Oh so true forgot about those ones! There is still hope yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmaker2k View Post

I think I found him!!!

Seriously though, he might show up next episode.

I don't think he'll adapt as quick since he doesn't have Hikari's support team.

Who knows? For all we know, maybe he's already on the surface.
Oh god that is fantastic! I got some Another vibes too from that image. Oh I never thought that he might be out there walking around, good thinking!
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 01:36   Link #1552
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Quote:

True suffering, .
I was actually waiting for Chisaki to talk about what happened during the ofunehiki. I mean holy shit man, you just witnessed one of your friends fall off the boat and get crushed by a huge ass pillar. Not to mention this said friend is in love you. Never-mind the fact you could have probably helped him get back if you weren't so hung on Tsumugu.

I just find it strange that people just assumed that the Shioshishio kids easily hibernated afterwards. We're talking about whirlpools, the seagod and all that magical crazy stuff man. They should be glad that they're still alive, but it's like 'oh hey you're back. You should totally see the 5 years worth of changes while you were asleep.' I especially expected Akari to explain things so Hikari wouldn't be overwhelmed but alas, she just let him be and expected him to deal with everything. Good thing Hikari is already mature enough and headstrong to absorb these changes.

Miuna's crush on Hikari can't be more obvious and we're just starting! I think even Akari is starting to notice her fixation on Hikari.
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 02:05   Link #1553
ices
Working Hard

Woaah... how does this Kaname bullying started? You guys sure have fun being a Sadist Give a rest to him. He just thrown away from the ship (literally) the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
**snip**

Miuna's crush on Hikari can't be more obvious and we're just starting! I think even Akari is starting to notice her fixation on Hikari.
Let's hear the preview of next episode:

Hikari: I'm sakishima, who's repeating this class. Please call me Senpai and respect me.
Miuna: I'm going to hold your hand so you don't wander off.
Sayu: Must be nice! The person you like woke up!

Looks like it'll become more obvious next episode with Hikari going to the same class as Miuna. Way to go Miuna. First kiss, check. Raising Flag, check. Next gonna be holding hand for sure

Oh, and it seems that we'll have Sayu x Miuna conflict.
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 02:13   Link #1554
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

HHNNNGGG Miuna just too cute!

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 02:20   Link #1555
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
Looks like it'll become more obvious next episode with Hikari going to the same class as Miuna. Way to go Miuna. First kiss, check. Raising Flag, check. Next gonna be holding hand for sure
Can't wait to see Minegoshi get friendzoned even harder than he already is

And speaking of the friendzone, it's pretty much a guarantee that Kaname will return next ep. Maybe he'll walk in on Chisaki getting kancho'd by Akira again
Old 2014-01-17, 02:44   Link #1556
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Can't wait to see Minegoshi get friendzoned even harder than he already is

And speaking of the friendzone, it's pretty much a guarantee that Kaname will return next ep. Maybe he'll walk in on Chisaki getting kancho'd by Akira again

Spoiler for worst case scenario:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2014-01-17 at 03:05.
Old 2014-01-17, 04:07   Link #1557
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
As Hikari's no one cheerleader from the beginning I am glad to see him finally get the love he deserves on this thread.
People were calling him a sexist bully after the first two episodes, and look at the reactions now.
Quote:

True suffering, .
At this point doesn't the scientist have more lines than Kaname did in the entire first cour?
Old 2014-01-17, 04:24   Link #1558
dark44

if Chisaki and Tsumugu happen at the end so why didnt happen now after 5 years any one well forget their frist crush or love after 1 year or 2 but after 5 years and nothing then happen it well be stupid
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 04:33   Link #1559
deadite

Prof and Tsumugu seems to be talking about something important
deadite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-17, 04:38   Link #1560
kira22

that is, some people think that hikari in 1 hour fell in love with Chisaki?
in this whole story and the characters of Miuna tsugumu what about them?

kaname where you will live?
kira22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, harem, love polygon, mari okada, p.a. works, romance, seinen