Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-10-14, 18:39   Link #1581
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
So Haro didn't start with Gundam SEED? Can anyone explain when Haro first appeared and what other series it's been in, and what the functions were?
here is your ans

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haro_(anime)
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 19:32   Link #1582
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Just watched the first two episodes of Gundam 00 over the weekend.

I have mixed feelings toward this. Already, we have an ORB-like faction attempting to 'stop war' by destroying weapons of conflicting factions. Must we go through that again?

But, I suppose I will reserve my judgment until a later time.

Another thing. I do not hold Gundam grunts in high-regard (then again, who does?), but I find myself somehow appreciating the designs on certain grunts here. Then again, these are FRONT-MISSION WANZER types (aka walking coffins)! How is it that they can pull-off anything against Gundams is beyond me.

Obviously, as some of the characters in the show stated several times already, "they completely outclassed us".

Well, no shit.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 20:04   Link #1583
myopius

http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardwar.../2129233.shtml
Old 2007-10-14, 20:06   Link #1584
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
So Haro didn't start with Gundam SEED? Can anyone explain when Haro first appeared and what other series it's been in, and what the functions were?
Its actually been around since the first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam...

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
URL fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Just watched the first two episodes of Gundam 00 over the weekend.

I have mixed feelings toward this. Already, we have an ORB-like faction attempting to 'stop war' by destroying weapons of conflicting factions. Must we go through that again?
Yes, since this time they aren't being painted in an all positive pink pixie dust lit light. Its a far cry from the portrayal of Orb.

Quote:
Another thing. I do not hold Gundam grunts in high-regard (then again, who does?), but I find myself somehow appreciating the designs on certain grunts here. Then again, these are FRONT-MISSION WANZER types (aka walking coffins)! How is it that they can pull-off anything against Gundams is beyond me.

Obviously, as some of the characters in the show stated several times already, "they completely outclassed us".

Well, no shit.

- Tak
You didn't watch the extended preview for Ep 3, did you?

Last edited by brightman; 2007-10-14 at 20:19.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-14, 21:36   Link #1585
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post

You didn't watch the extended preview for Ep 3, did you?
If you are referring to the aerodynamic 'mecha' that appeared late in Episode 2, then aye, I already caught a glimpse of it. Unfortunately, it is not a Gundam, and it appears that EXIA is equipped with an energy blade to boot.

Quote:
Yes, since this time they aren't being painted in an all positive pink pixie dust lit light. Its a far cry from the portrayal of Orb.
The underlying idea remains the same, unfortunately.

At the same time, you should note that right now, I hold no negative feelings toward this show. To my credit, I specifically stated:

"I suppose I will reserve my judgment until a later time."

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2007-10-14, 21:37   Link #1586
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
If you are referring to the aerodynamic 'mecha' that appeared late in Episode 2, then aye, I already caught a glimpse of it. Unfortunately, it is not a Gundam, and it appears that EXIA is equipped with an energy blade to boot.
No, the one in the extended preview... The High Mobility Tieren, it seems like its doing something against Exia.

Quote:
The underlying idea remains the same, unfortunately.
No the ideas are actually pretty different. CB is using 4 high technology machines to disarm militaries around the world, while Orb's motto is "Speak, and back it up with power" and they practice neutrality while being heavily militarized. One is in the offensive, while one is in the defensive.
Old 2007-10-14, 21:43   Link #1587
Tak

Quote:
No, the one in the extended preview... The High Mobility Tieren, it seems like its doing something against Exia.
I am not sure if we should count the Tieren as a grunt. Although I am almost certain that we will see a lot more Wanzer-type "mobile coffins" running around than these specialty suit.

Then again, judging from experience, even specialty suits fall flat in the face of 'superior' Gundams. After all, we know what happened to those DESTROY Gundams once they were mass-produced...

- Tak (But we shall see...)

Old 2007-10-14, 23:02   Link #1588
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I am not sure if we should count the Tieren as a grunt. Although I am almost certain that we will see a lot more Wanzer-type "mobile coffins" running around than these specialty suit.

Then again, judging from experience, even specialty suits fall flat in the face of 'superior' Gundams. After all, we know what happened to those DESTROY Gundams once they were mass-produced...

- Tak (But we shall see...)
But they are grunt suits. It's simply the aerial version of the Ground pounding Tieren. Much like how we have a space and long range version.

So these suits should be much faster than their ground versions.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 01:29   Link #1589
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
CB isn't really disarming anyone.

From the CB members' lines after the battle in Episode 2, it's quite obvious that the purpose of CB is to piss everyone off so much that they unite against CB, hence culminating in a united Earth against CB, at which point they will accept defeat and complete their mission.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-15, 05:49   Link #1590
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
From the CB members' lines after the battle in Episode 2, it's quite obvious that the purpose of CB is to piss everyone off so much that they unite against CB, hence culminating in a united Earth against CB, at which point they will accept defeat and complete their mission.
Well, from the first episode, the CB was supposed to be warning the AEU against militarizing, so I assume they don't want anyone building up and fighting anyone else. But meh, that statement of purpose makes no sense anyway, as others have pointed out... Plus the most critical part was mentioned by Alejandro Corner, who's just some weird guy sipping wine somewhere.
Old 2007-10-15, 05:56   Link #1591
servitude

A new Gundam series more stuff to crap about.

THe new series looks and feels great. Just out of curiosity, how many think the directors, producers, scrip writters, etc.. will hold on to their horses and make this a really different series? In that they won't do the customary one suit to rule them all scenario. It seems to be the fad lately, or rather in the past 5 years.

What if the series ends up being a SEED clone with a FREEDOM like gundam piloted by the lead trashing everyone? Of course the only saving grace so far is that the... Exia... Is.. Melee.... Maybe a Justice?

Just hope they do a Nu Gundam or Turn A without butterfly wings super suit. One that gets damaged.. Can be scrathched and isn't good in everything....
servitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 00:51   Link #1592
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

I just thought of a cool ass theory. I was reading some peoples speculation about Celestial being trying to piss of the other forces to force them to come together and that is what sparked my theory.

What if the celestial being group are actually the bad guys of the series?

At face value, they say they want to end wars. That seems makes sense because Setsuna was a child soldier, Lockon lost his parents to terrorists and Allelujah was an orphan. One might assume that they want to end war because it ruined their childhood however, thats when the X-factor comes in. Tieria Erde.

He doesnt seem like someone that strives for peace. He annihilates ship single troops and ships without hesitation at all. Plus his line about judging humanity and the captian saying "thats evil/cruel/whatever your sub said".

Considering all this, I believe that Celestial Being is trying to take revenge on the world. They are going to interfere in all warfare so the other teams stop weapon development. That will mean Celestial being will have the best weaponry and will be able to easily conquer the world and become a superpower.

I think that's the real OR hidden agenda. That old guy looks evil anyway.

Another variation(however the hidden agenda is still the same) is that the pilots are being used. Once they find out whats going on, their alliances will crumble. Setsuna will rebel against celestial being with his girlfriend from the opening. Allelujah and Tieria will stick with Celestial Being. And Lockon is gonna die. I'm positive hes gonna bite it sometime during the series. and allelujah seems like a Rey Za Burrel type. Tieria, enough said.
Old 2007-10-16, 01:42   Link #1593
Papaya
Sup

Send a message via AIM to Papaya Send a message via MSN to Papaya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
I just thought of a cool ass theory. I was reading some peoples speculation about Celestial being trying to piss of the other forces to force them to come together and that is what sparked my theory.

At face value, they say they want to end wars. That seems makes sense because Setsuna was a child soldier, Lockon lost his parents to terrorists and Allelujah was an orphan. One might assume that they want to end war because it ruined their childhood however, thats when the X-factor comes in. Tieria Erde.

He doesnt seem like someone that strives for peace. He annihilates ship single troops and ships without hesitation at all. Plus his line about judging humanity and the captian saying "thats evil/cruel/whatever your sub said".

Considering all this, I believe that Celestial Being is trying to take revenge on the world. They are going to interfere in all warfare so the other teams stop weapon development. That will mean Celestial being will have the best weaponry and will be able to easily conquer the world and become a superpower.

Another variation(however the hidden agenda is still the same) is that the pilots are being used. Once they find out whats going on, their alliances will crumble. Setsuna will rebel against celestial being with his girlfriend from the opening. Allelujah and Tieria will stick with Celestial Being. And Lockon is gonna die. I'm positive hes gonna bite it sometime during the series. and allelujah seems like a Rey Za Burrel type. Tieria, enough said.
I'll subscribe to that.
Papaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 03:10   Link #1594
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:

Quite probable.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 03:51   Link #1595
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I hope not. An evil organization wanting to take over the world sounds. And I have enough of side defections....
Old 2007-10-16, 03:55   Link #1596
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Quite interesting, although there are something that bug me.
From the line of those pilots, it seems that they are pretty aware of their doing. They even know it's evil, so I don't think they are being used. It's likely they choose that path.

Quote:
Where did you get that information?
I'm just asking, since I don't know a bit about Lockon and Allelujah.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 05:35   Link #1597
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Where did you get that information?
I'm just asking, since I don't know a bit about Lockon and Allelujah.
Its from the cast revelation video from back in August/September...

BTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunota
Oricon has L'Arc-en-Ciel's "Daybreak's Bell" as #1 on the weekly singles charts with sales of 116,000 copies. It joins T.M. Revolution's "ignited" and Hitomi Takahashi's "Bokutachi No Yukue" as the only Gundam songs to reach #1.
And not only is this the third Gundam song to reach #1, it has the best opening week for a Gundam TV series OP/ED EVER, beating Ignited (108,161 copies) and Bokutachi no Yukue (60,445 copies, debuted in a down week). Note it doesn't beat Vestige (which started as an insert and was the OP for a special), nor does it surpass the successes of L'Arc en Ciel's Ready Steady Go and Link from FMA (163,102 and 156,084 copies, respectively).

Still, chalk one up for Gundam 00's success...
Old 2007-10-16, 07:29   Link #1598
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
great!!!! another gundam song tops the chart!!!!
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 02:14   Link #1599
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I wonder if they can(or will) make a Gundam 00 game like GS/D's EA vs. ZAFT.

The difference in power of the MS's seems too great.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-17, 05:30   Link #1600
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I wonder if they can(or will) make a Gundam 00 game like GS/D's EA vs. ZAFT.

The difference in power of the MS's seems too great.
If they can make a Gundam vs. Gundam in which every single protag Gundam from every single series duke it out, what made you think they can't make a game with the difference in power like those in this show?

Tags
spoilers