Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-24, 15:42   Link #11621
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
nunnaly just proved that will and determination can beat the effects of a geass
and kallen is running on the same mindframe as nunnaly is (stoping lelouch at any cost becouse she loves him)

and emotions tramp magical brainwashing any day in a mecha anime when the two pilots are equal (which they are, deal with it)

and probably most importent is that KALLEN ISNT THERE FOR SUZAKU (gino might be)
shes there for lelouch and suzaku is not the final goal but just the dragon
shes gets by him one way or another
and since she and lelouch have enough time together for her to say the gum line it wont be with suzaku on her tail
she beats him for the same reason he beat her in 24 of last season
becouse the plot says so
They also lead to failure as well, unless you forgot.
If it wasn't for that line she'll be dead you know that right?
Old 2008-09-24, 15:44   Link #11622
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post
You guys, Live Geass is a huge automatic plus but it is not like Suzaku will put an Excalibur out of his ass and start cutting everyone or something whenever he is at pinch.
If Kallen pwns him like she did with CC {god, that was live Mortal Kombat -flawless} Suzu does not stand a chance.
1. Geass seed mode shouldn't force Suzaku to ever be in a position where he can be pawned.
2. Lancelot Fontier has been established to get pawned by Seiten no matter how skill the pilot is.
3. (Geass+awesome knightmare)<(Awesome Knightmare) it just doesn't compute. Yes Unless the whole world starts blowing up where everyone gets taken out including Suzaku then yes he is allowed to fail. But if that's not the case then yes I do expect Suzaku to pull excalibur out of his ass and start pawning everybody.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:44   Link #11623
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
As for when it cannot simply help him, it surely did NOT help him during his fight with Bismarck. Hence, the nickname we gave him RunZaku.

Besides it's not like he's spamming his geass.
Like I said later on, with this new control and a Knightmare, I'd like to see how the assist-"live" pans out.

As for spamming, fight with Bismarck, Li, throwing anti-FLEIJA spear...
Old 2008-09-24, 15:44   Link #11624
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
1. Geass seed mode shouldn't force Suzaku to ever be in a position where he can be pawned.
2. Lancelot Fontier has been established to get pawned by Seiten no matter how skill the pilot is.
3. (Geass+awesome knightmare)<(Awesome Knightmare) it just doesn't compute. Yes Unless the whole world starts blowing up where everyone gets taken out including Suzaku then yes he is allowed to fail. But if that's not the case then yes I do expect Suzaku to pull excalibur out of his ass and start pawning everybody.
Geass does not make Suzaku more powerful.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:46   Link #11625
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Gino is totally useless btw right? I think Anya will help Kallen, as much as i hate it, i bet she will win Orange-kun.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:46   Link #11626
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Like I said later on, with this new control and a Knightmare, I'd like to see how the assist-"live" pans out.

He didn't use it for the spear genius and with Li he had two high level pilots attacking him at the same time.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:47   Link #11627
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion View Post
He didn't use it for the spear genius and with Li he had two high level pilots attacking him at the same time.
Wrong on both counts. He activated his Geass when Li alone had wraped the harken cable around his sword, and his eyes are clearly glowing when he throws the spear.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:48   Link #11628
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Actually, he did. When he was throwing the spear, the shot of him inside the cockpit still had his eyes rimmed red as he yelled.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:48   Link #11629
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Easy,

He's conquered his live geass by controlling it and changing it to the point that the only way to survive is to win.

So if he's facing danger where the Geass would tell him to "run" he can change it to "win" so he can still stay on the field.

If it fails it means Suzaku could not control the geass and he either runs or Kallen simply overpowers him but he in no way is relying on it 100% (Or more like he doesn't have a choice since it just activates whenever it deems it necessary). It gives him the necessary edge against issues such as Bismarck and Anti-FLEIJA or when he's badly outnumbered (Li and the BK's)

In which case it failed him because the BK's were able to board the Avalon and shoot it down.

Quote:
Spamming means continually using it which he did NOT.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:48   Link #11630
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Gino is totally useless btw right? I think Anya will help Kallen, as much as i hate it, i bet she will win Orange-kun.
HOW DARE YOU! Orange will pwn the living daylights out of her slow piece of junk but then again anything could happen for the sake of the plot so yeah she definitely be formidable, sigh id only he had his Siegfried
Old 2008-09-24, 15:49   Link #11631
Dream_Traveller
Banned

A "slow piece of junk" that was able to withstand a hit from Excalibur. Twice. Jeremiah made the right choice of words through 'I've met my match!'.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:50   Link #11632
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion View Post
HOW DARE YOU! Orange will pwn the living daylights out of her slow piece of junk but then again anything could happen for the sake of the plot so yeah she definitely be formidable, sigh id only he had his Siegfried
Well i'd pay to see Orange smash her little ass down but Anya is good and has a better KMF i think, besides if Kallen is to say her gumline she has to beat Suzaku and i can totally see a scenario two on one.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:50   Link #11633
Dandylion
Banned

I said formidable
Old 2008-09-24, 15:50   Link #11634
Vakir

Quote:
We already know how it pans out.

If you cannot live, you...

Oh man, do I need to spell it out? I think we need some Fate/stay night here.

People die if they are killed.

Just acknowledge "I want Suzaku to die." That way it won't be labeled as meandering bias, it'll just be bias bias, which I guess is fine.

As it is now, you're trying to make a debate out of something that isn't one, which is the primary reason some of us are over here guffawing.

Quote:
Given the machine gun delay, I think he was capable of throwing the FLEIJA spear without the Live Geass. Ep 16 of season 1 was just a Chekhov's Gun of sorts. The reaction time was established to be relevant later.

As for "spamming," I think it pretty much would activate under whatever consequences he would need it now. You're once again asking for someone to think LESS about living for the sake of "fairness." That's slightly irrational. Maybe he should drop his VARIS too. I mean, make matters a little more balanced.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:50   Link #11635
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tael View Post
Geass does not make Suzaku more powerful.
It just pushes him to use his body to it's highest potential so yes Fight or Flight can make someone more powerful. Kallen has never shown to do anything extroadinary of that level.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:51   Link #11636
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Well i'd pay to see Orange smash her little ass down but Anya is good and has a better KMF i think, besides if Kallen is to say her gumline she has to beat Suzaku and i can totally see a scenario two on one.
Or get the hell out of there either way
Old 2008-09-24, 15:52   Link #11637
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
So if he's facing danger where the Geass would tell him to "run" he can change it to "win" so he can still stay on the field.

If it fails it means Suzaku could not control the geass and he either runs or Kallen simply overpowers him but he in no way is relying on it. It gives him the necessary edge against issues such as Bismarck and Anti-FLEIJA or when he's badly outnumbered (Li and the BK's)

Spamming means continually using it which he did NOT.
Arguably he shouldn't be able to do that, but hey, he's Suzaku. As for relying, if it comes to a point where he uses it, then he's using it to his advantage, i.e. relying on the strength it gives him to win. Can't really dispute the mechanics, even though it may not play out like that. Up until he's forced to eject, he could always convince himself that Kallen would kill him. Finally, to the spamming, he's using it quite a lot. Just because he doesn't use it in every instance (Gino) doesn't change that.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:52   Link #11638
Tael
Banned

Quote:
It just pushes him to use his body to it's highest potential so yes Fight or Flight can make someone more powerful. Kallen has never shown to do anything extroadinary of that level.
That does not make him more powerful, that just makes him be at his peak. He is not getting a further boost. If we consider that Kallen is 'in a rage' then, we can say that both will be pushing themselves to the utmost level in order to achieve their goals. As such, Geass becomes irrelevant, the mechs become irrelevant, and it becomes a battle of who simply wants to win more.
Old 2008-09-24, 15:53   Link #11639
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Arguably he should be able to do that, but hey, he's Suzaku. As for relying, if it comes to a point where he uses it, then he's using it to his advantage, i.e. relying on the strength it gives him to win. Can't really dispute the mechanics, even though it may not play out like that. Up until he's forced to eject, he could always convince himself that Kallen would kill him.
That's a given after 18 by the way
Old 2008-09-24, 15:55   Link #11640
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:

Just wait to see Kallen use her Live on Love, you will see what she can do
Live on Love VS Live on Geass; Shirley told it herself, Koi wa powaaa ~

On another topic, I wonder what plan to do Nunally to stop her brother...with her magic button, I'm a little afraid but if this is necessary to put some sense in lelouch's head...let's go !

Closed Thread

Tags
spoilers