Heero Yuy 29 9.60%
Kira Yamato 73 24.17%
Shin Asuka 12 3.97%
Athrun Zala 16 5.30%
Voters: 302. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-01-09, 23:40   Link #161
servitude

while the psychomu frame sort of concentrated all those psychic energy.. you would still need a newtype pilot like Amuro to activate that potential...
Old 2006-01-09, 23:43   Link #162
polar720

I dunno about that, I think that anyone can access the psychoframe, but it takes a newtype to do it effectively. That`s just my two cents though.
Old 2006-01-10, 00:11   Link #163
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
I just can't believe how many people thought that my Kira is god post was actually completely serious -.-...would Kira have pwned axis? Probably...with all of meteor's missiles, AA's Lohengrins, the hackatsuki blasting it up with dragoons, and IJ meteoring it up as well...it woulda gone down. If one AA and one SF are enough to take down Messiah, I think it's enough for another big asteroid...I mean sheesh, Heero's Twin Buster Rifle thxes colonies with a shot, Zechs's epyon sword and tallgeese 3 mega cannon destroy huge installations with one use, SF's meteor ALSO takes that stuff down.

Even if you want to say that Amuro pwned rock, the rock also pwned Amuro at the same time. Amuro died. If something kills you, it pwns you. If person B got shot by person A and killed while trying to protect person C, bullet>person B, because bullet killed person B. Simple?
*sigh* You're so clueless....

I took your Kira-God comment seriously because it was extremely annoying after all the one-sided fanboyish-ness you keep saying.

Now, nuclear weapons plus all of the many, many, many normal missiles fired at Axis when Char took it from the Federation, is far greater than what the Orb forces threw at Messiah. Thus, unchangeable fact derived from that comparison, Axis > Messiah.

Not to mention which, the AA and S-F's ridiculously over-powered weaponry doesn't exist in UC, because the same weaponry the AA and S-F use in CE would actually do realistic damage, i.e. less damage, in UC. Positron cannons don't even exist period in Char's Counterattack. And I said this once already, wake up and get it through your head: Amuro and the Nu Gundam had no artillery whatsoever, realistic, over-powered, or otherwise, by the time Axis started falling and they tried to push it away. And last I checked, twin buster rifles, satellite cannons, and any mobile suit equipped super beam cannons don't exist in Char's Counterattack, or in any UC series at all, either.

You keep bs-ing the "fact" that Axis killed Amuro. One last time: THIS NEVER HAPPENED. Axis did nothing to kill Amuro.

Since when did the freaking bullet have a will of its own? You keep talking about Axis and bullets as if they are sentient beings that control themselves and plot to win wars and kill people. Bullets and rocks don't do jack. They never will do anything without something or someone using them. So lay off of the "bullet/rock pwns" thing, you're sounding totally stupid now.

And how is bullet > person B when person B made no attempt to preserve his life anyway? His whole goal was to get hit by the bullet, with no regard for his own survival. Thus whether or not the bullet killed person B is irrelevant, because person B's single goal of protecting the president was completely successful, and his own survival wasn't a goal at all.

Last edited by Shinji103; 2006-01-10 at 00:22.
Old 2006-01-10, 00:17   Link #164
polar720

Your only arguement about Axis killing Amuro (if anything -_-;; ), is that Char killed Amuro through dropping Axis on Earth. Personally, I consider it a suicide, though a respectable one.
Old 2006-01-11, 08:27   Link #165
servitude

Actually Char didn't killl Amuro.. What Amuro did was actually unexpected. Remember the main tech on Nu Gundam was actually provided by Char.... He corretly anticiapated the other half of Axis to still crash on Earth.. He didn't expect Amuro to try and stop it with Nu-Gundam.

In any case, Amuro stopped a BIG ROCK with nothing but bare hands and thought. Unlike Heero's use of an irresponsible piece of weaponry in all of Gundam universe.

So get over it.. If Nu Gundam had that irresponsible Buster rifle, he would have shot Axis down. Heck he would have blated Axis before they could ignite its engines.

But if Kira got Nu he would let the bloddy rock to hit earth. : P Because he's no newtype... and he ain't got any Buster rifle...
Old 2006-01-11, 10:05   Link #166
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetsuo69
why cant you just Re-watch the damn Ep? kira a noob?
here i took some caps for you... hope this help
GS Kira in Strike >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GSD Kira in Strike. Compare the 2 instances and see if I'm making all of this up.

That's not the Kira I knew in GS days. The way he handled Strike in GSD is too noob for me.

Quote:
Here the main reason why he couldnt keep kicking Zaku @ss
Losing arms, shield... heck, GS Kira could have avoided these pot shots in a sec. It just points out that Kira is only good in a user friendly MS and anything lower than that (Freedom) is enough to kill him if he isn't armed with the rainbow spam button...

Quote:
It's kinda of funny... i actually think the opposite... Athrun's win over Kira was one of the few things that wasn't a plot device
Kira fans would argue that Kira went through Yzak and Athrun and Athrun again...or whatever...and that his Strike Gundam lost power, and Aegis lost power at the instant that he was about to fry Kira to 8th hell...Athrun presses the self destruct button to which Kira shouldn't even have survived... but luckily, thanks to the Astray plot device, he's still alive and kicking...

I actually think Athrun really won in that ep, no plot device...but because of these "valid" arguments...

Quote:
I dunno about that, I think that anyone can access the psychoframe, but it takes a newtype to do it effectively. That`s just my two cents though.
I thought the psychoframe was created for the sole purpose of making a Newtype be able to handle piloting a psychoframe equipped Gundam a lot easier...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Old 2006-01-12, 03:16   Link #167
polar720

Quote:
Originally Posted by servitude
Actually Char didn't killl Amuro.. What Amuro did was actually unexpected. Remember the main tech on Nu Gundam was actually provided by Char.... He corretly anticiapated the other half of Axis to still crash on Earth.. He didn't expect Amuro to try and stop it with Nu-Gundam.
Well technically he did kill Amuro, since he was in control of the whole operation, but it wasn`t intetional, thus, like you, I don`t think it counts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper
I thought the psychoframe was created for the sole purpose of making a Newtype be able to handle piloting a psychoframe equipped Gundam a lot easier...
First of all using a psychoframe to help use the psychoframe? I think I know what you`re trying to say though so I`ll attempt to answer. This is just my thoughts, but I think the psychoframe can be used by normal types, it`s just that the reaction isn`t strong enough to make a difference, thus it would appear to do nothing. This would still work at the end of CCA because of the amount of people helping Amuro push Axis in distress. This plus Amuro and Char`s full blown psychic energy overloaded the psychoframe. The strength of a newtype`s mind (per say) is much beyond that of an old type, thus they can use the psychoframe to an extent to where it would be useable in combat.
Old 2006-01-14, 00:59   Link #168
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
The best Gundam pilot from UC to AU

Okay, its been a while since I post in the forum (not since some one hacked the site) anyways, here is a poll on who you think is the strongest of all Gundam Pilots, this includes UC and AU. The poll will be mostly main gundam characters simply because I can only make 10 choices and most of the time the main protaganist is the strongest. (The exception here is Char, he will be in the poll since he is so popular and all). Last time I posted a Amuro vs Kira poll and things got really out of topic we ended up disscussing Rommel, WWII history and code of Chivalry (don't ask) so Lets stay on topic. Note this is a poll on their piloting prowless not their popularity with the ladies, their looks, their personalites, how many times they got laid etc.
PS maybe it wasn't such a good idea to add G gundam characters, the show identify more with DBZ then Gundam, you can ignore them if you wish.

Here is some bio for those who arent familair with some of the choices, there might be some spoilers if you haven't seen some of the Gundam series up for poll:

Amuro Ray: The main character of the original Gundam, Char's arch nemises and one of the federations first known and perphaps best known Newtype pilot. Pilots Gundam (duh), in MSG, Rick Dias in Z gundam Re-GZ and Nu/Hi Nu in CCA. A veteran of four space wars from the 1 year to the neo zeon conflict. He starts out as a normal kid, force into military, he was a bit whinny in the start of MSG, but became more mature as the show progess. He sometime does get bloody trusty but not often. At the start of CCA he is a totally different man then he was at the start of MSG and he spend 14 out of his 29 year life fighting. His age ranged from 15-29 depending on the series you watch him in. PS according to wikipedia.org, the place where I got some of the Character information on the Gundams that i did not personally watch, (Victory and ZZ gundam) Amuro is widely considered to be the greatest pilot in Gundam history and the benchmark of all Gundam pilots that came after him. Weither this is true or not will be a source for eternal debate between gundam fans.

Char Aznable: Main antigonaist of MSG and Amuro's arch Nemises, ever wonder where all those masked characters from all the gundam shows come from? His the original. Also a newtype, like Amuro spend his entire adult life fighting from 1 year till neo zeon. Pilots a varites of MS in MSG from a zaku II to the Zeong, piloted the Hyaku Shiki in Z Gundam and the Sazabi or nightgale in CCA. He is not an "Evil" character like some of the subsiquant incranations in other gundam series became, he's goal has always been to create a world where newtypes could live as newtypes and to accomplish that he was going to force all of humanity into space so all humans can become newtypes. Amuro believe that people should have a choice and that is a part of where their conflict came from. These two hated and cursed each other till the very end. Though the hatred did not come from their difference in ideals but in Lalah sune's death.

Kamille Bidan: Main character of Zeta gundam, a newytpe like Amuro and Char and a member of AEUG. He also makes a brief appearince in ZZ gundam. Pilots mostly the Zeta Gundam but also uses the Gundam Mark II. This kid had it pretty bad seening both of his mother and father die within the series. He is imposlive at time but also considerate as well, depending on what the situation was.

Judau Ashta: Main character of ZZ gundam, pilots the zz gundam and as far as I know, he is the only gundam character that, at the start fought for food. Not much else to say really.

Uso Evin: Main character of Victory gundam, and the youngest gundam main pilot to date at the age of 13. The show is quite dark and the casualty rates of support characters a very high. Some rumors has it that he is the grandson of char but thats just a rumor.

Domon Kasshu: Main character of G-gundam, japanese and pilot the God Gundam or if you find it offensive burning Gundam. The show is quite different from any other gundam series and you either love it or if your a real robot genre fan like myself, you will hate it.

Heero Yuy: Main character of Gundam Wing, pilots Wing Gundam, Epyon and Wing 0. Japanese he is around 15 during Gundam Wing and 16 in Endless Endless Waltz, a rather cold and caculating indvidual who will stop at nothing to accomplish his mission.

Kira Yamato: Main character in Gundam Seed and second half of seed destiny. Pilots the strike gundam, Freedom, strike freedom or something like that. He is not a newtype but the ultmate Coordinator, though he exbits some newtype abilites they are no were near to the level of Amuro or Kamille. He's character ranged from a cry baby in at the start of Seed, ( lost count how many times he cried) to a peace activist at the end of seed to like amuro, let people choose for themselves at the end of destiny.

Shin Asuka: Suppose to be the main character of Gundam seed destiny but thats arguable. He is in two words "messed up" Kid, Vendctive, full of hatred etc. He pilots the impulse and later on the destiny. He is also a coordinator.

Athrun Zala: Another main character of Gundam Seed and Gundam seed destiny. Kira's childhood friend, fought against kira in GS but later fought along side him. Fought along side kira in GSD. Pilots the the Aegis and later Justice in GS and Saviour and infinte Justice in GSD.

I know I missing some, but turn A and after war I haven't seen and its hard to get info on them so...

Vote and let your voice be heard or in this case seen.

Last edited by idofgrahf; 2006-01-14 at 04:38.
Old 2006-01-14, 01:08   Link #169
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by idofgrahf
Kira Yamato: Main character in Gundam Seed and second half of seed destiny. Pilots the strike gundam, Freedom, strike freedom or something like that. He is not a newtype but the ultmate Coordinator, though he exbits some newtype abilites they are no were near to the level of Amuro or Kamille. He's character ranged from a cry baby in at the start of Seed, ( lost count how many times he cried) to a peace activist at the end of seed to like amuro, let people choose for themselves at the end of destiny.

Shin Asuka: Suppose to be the main character of Gundam seed destiny but thats arguable. He is in two words "messed up" Kid, Vendctive, full of hatred etc. He pilots the impulse and later on the destiny. He is also a coordinator.

Athrun Zala: Another main character of Gundam Seed and Gundam seed destiny. Kira's childhood friend, fought against kira in GS but later fought along side him. Fought along side kira in GSD. Pilots the the Aegis and later Justice in GS and Saviour and infinte Justice in GSD.
Um....I dont think these 3 are from UC/AU....unless you forgot to mention CE?
Old 2006-01-14, 01:10   Link #170
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

well CE is an Alternate Universe.

anyone else has a sinking feeling that Kira will win this poll....
Old 2006-01-14, 01:25   Link #171
shaolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04
well CE is an Alternate Universe.

anyone else has a sinking feeling that Kira will win this poll....

Not while Amuro Ray is in the poll.

My personal top is #1. Amuro Ray #2.Char Aznable #3.Kamille Bidan #4. Heero Yuy #.5 is Domon Kasshu.
Old 2006-01-14, 01:54   Link #172
Talesweaving
Bonta-Kun SWAT Team

Kira would get totally trashed by Amuro or Char...
Old 2006-01-14, 02:02   Link #173
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talesweaving
Kira would get totally trashed by Amuro or Char...
And Domon/Master Asia/Swartz would totally trash Amuro and Char.......

No offence, but the idea of even comparing pilots from different dimensions is.....not a fair one. Let's keep it to their own timelines.
Old 2006-01-14, 02:16   Link #174
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

Where is Seabook, Shiro, Kou, Christina, Garrod and Loran? I think at least Garrod or Loran deserve to be there instead of Athrun, who, while you coudl call him a "main" pilot, was no more main than Chibodee, Duo, Roybea...you can see where I'm going with this.

Char I can accept, but Athrun really doesn't deserve a spot up there until he is wholly the focus of a series.

My votes go to Loran, Amuro and Kira, in that order.
Old 2006-01-14, 02:32   Link #175
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
No offence, but the idea of even comparing pilots from different dimensions is.....not a fair one. Let's keep it to their own timelines.
Alas, that is a fact that people here on AF overlook, especially during the Amuro vs Kira thread.
Old 2006-01-14, 02:35   Link #176
polar720

Quote:

Well, technically I wouldn`t consider Domon or Master Asia to be great pilots as much as I would consider them superhuman. If you stuck them within pure piloting premises then I would still expect Amuro to come out on top.
Old 2006-01-14, 02:40   Link #177
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar720
Well, technically I wouldn`t consider Domon or Master Asia to be great pilots as much as I would consider them superhuman. If you stuck them within pure piloting premises then I would still expect Amuro to come out on top.
They are who they are because of their capabilities and their MS. Domon is not Domon without a Mobile Fighter, just as Kamille is not Kamille without his godly NT powers.

That's why it's unfair for pilots from different timeline to be compared. You cannot remove the essence of what made them who they are, but there can be no fair discussion if you don't either.
Old 2006-01-14, 03:05   Link #178
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
Yea my vote falls to Amuro Ray I dont believe any one has piloted more Gundams with multifacitude of features with mostly skill and experience other than Char Aznable. Compared to Kira and Athrun if were looking at experience on a greater scale of time then its on a fairly different level.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
Old 2006-01-14, 03:05   Link #179
Laik

Quote:

Yeah, that's pretty much the best way to do it. We can only really compare people in the same timelines and, even then, we still argue so we know what will eventually happen.

It's like at least we have something to work with when it comes to Kira and Shinn but Kira vs. Char or something like that is kind of out there.
Old 2006-01-14, 04:19   Link #180
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
Thats why this isn't an MS comparsion thread, the different Unverise makes that hard, but there is only so many ways to pilot an MS, what I'm simply saying is who do you think has the most skill, since in this case skill makes the pilot since we cannot compare their MS's as for Domon's case, I don't mean the pilots fighting hand to hand, Skill in piloting and nothing else, that I think is compareable.

As for Shiro, no offense but in pure piloting abilites he would be at the bottom of the list, any of these characters would probably beat him, but thats why some people, like myself, likes him, he is normal like us, no Godly newytpe powers like Kamille, lalah or Amuro or gentic enhancments like Kira and co.

I don't see how something like Kira vs Char is out there, their MS is different but they mostly operate the same way, just imagine them in the same type of MS, its not like the MS's are different size or move differently, Kira and Char would fight the same way as Kira vs Shinn, trading shots, close range etc, hows that out there?

Last edited by idofgrahf; 2006-01-14 at 04:31.
Closed Thread