Old 2006-01-25, 12:32   Link #41
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader
your right, rau doesn't have a nick name

Neo= phantom pain
Well Neo didn't have a nickname either, Phantom Pain was the codename for his team/squad/unit. (consisting of Sting, Auel, Stellar, etc.)
Old 2006-01-31, 00:21   Link #42
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Alright, enough of this "Other" nonsense, and hurry up and add Harry Ord.

Not voting until you do that. And you clearly have less than 10 poll options, so I know you can definitely fit in Harry.

UNIVERSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-31, 21:15   Link #43
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I guess you wont be voting anytime soon then. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 21:49   Link #44
KuwabaraTheMan
The True Protagonist

Send a message via AIM to KuwabaraTheMan
Char Aznable. The original and the greatest, from MSG to Zeta to CCA.
KuwabaraTheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 10:08   Link #45
servitude

Char. Why? He wears a mask but is nobody's lacky (he plotted against teh Zabi family from the start), a darn great pilot (he's skills is legendary and his suits in MSG painted red like teh Red Baron), rival to perhaps the best and well known pilot in Gundam universe (Amuro), and well.. nearly forced humanity off earth entirely (Axis in CCA), and he's the real deal, he doesn't need the best suits to kick butt (Red Zaku vs RX-78, Hayku Shiki and not Z Gundam). Excellent tactician and strategist (seen it in MSG, Z and CCA). A newtype and he is the only one who eventually took off his mask to fight... You couls say Neo but well when he removed the mask he was a different person alltogether while Char still is Char..

Lastly... He started the mask thing.. The worst has got to be the guy in F-91... With a mask that makes him look like an idiot and he sucks.
servitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 20:09   Link #46
Copy-cat
Rau <3

Rau.... with Char being a very close second.

i guess i should've voted for Char since Rau is a bit of a rip-off of him..... but, i have a more personal connection with Rau, so ha.

and Kira didn't own Rau with skill. Kira owned Rau through primary character god-moding, and thats the cheapest trick there is. the reality?

Rau was owning Kira that whole entire time, get it? kira was the one that only had an arm and a leg left over by the time rau finished with him. until god-moding came in, Rau >>>>>> Kira.
Copy-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-06, 15:45   Link #47
c_dz36

gotta go with Char it just doesnt get better only worse with Neo and Chronicle as examples of that
c_dz36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-07, 09:39   Link #48
The_Marshal_AEB
ZEON ALIVE !

Send a message via MSN to The_Marshal_AEB Send a message via Yahoo to The_Marshal_AEB
My favorite gundam character Rau Le Kuruuze is the one I chose ...
The_Marshal_AEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 10:19   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

We may as well start this thread up again. Could Mister Bushido and Harry Ord be added to the poll?
Old 2008-11-18, 10:37   Link #50
patnam

Char... of course... and where is Mr.Bushido?
patnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 10:38   Link #51
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

lol Shiroth, you're really looking for some fun.

I chose Char, other maskmen just don't have qualities, charisma he carried and though most were as insane, Char was insane for the longest time lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 11:49   Link #52
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Char... of course... and where is Mr.Bushido?
This thread hasn't been posted in since 2006, so Mister Bushido isn't apart of it. That's why i asked if he could be added --- along with Harry Ord from Turn A Gundam.
Old 2008-11-18, 11:57   Link #53
Mister Mister
Redshirt

Harry Ord, of course.
Mister Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 14:15   Link #54
Shadow Kira01

I am voting for Zechs, since our political perspective are rather similar.

However, in terms of popularity, I would say that Char Aznable is most people's favorite. His Sazabi and Hyaku Shiki are awesome mobile suits.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 14:25   Link #55
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

I don't understand why Harry Ord is considered a masked character. Most the the masked characters wear their mask to conceal their identity but not Harry, he wears them pink shades so he can check out women all he wants.

Mr. Bushido would get my vote here. Just when I thought Iron Mask was psycho, Mr. Bushido one ups him.

But really, Graham is just awesome.
Old 2008-11-18, 15:28   Link #56
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
I don't understand why Harry Ord is considered a masked character. Most the the masked characters wear their mask to conceal their identity but not Harry, he wears them pink shades so he can check out women all he wants.
Well same goes for Cronicles, his mask was only meant to protect him from allergies, it was never intended to conceal his identity.

Harry Ord is N°1 for me! (But I should watch more of Char to appreciate him )

BTW, shouldn't Jamil Neate from After War Gundam X belong to the masked man list?
Old 2008-11-18, 15:56   Link #57
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Harry Ord is titled a masked character because he plays the role of the masked character in Turn A Gundam. A character doesn't actually have to wear a mask to have the title.

& they're red shades. Latest fashion from the moon!
Old 2008-11-18, 18:54   Link #58
Willowhugger

You cannot really defeat Char Aznable for the Magnificent B****** that he is. A character based on the Red Baron who manages to ultimately get everything he wanted in the first Gundam series by eliminating the Zeon High Command. He also manages to suceed AGAIN in the second series. Only in the movie does he get thwarted and even then it is at the cost of the Earth's greatest pilot and the total decimation of their fleet.

To that end, I can't even rank Millardo Peacecraft, because why he's still a semi-decent character; he's actually not just based on Char. He's just a rewritten Char that performs most of the man's actions in a perfunctory manner.

Instead, I rank Chronicle Asher as my second favorite Masked Pilot. Why? Because poor Chronicle actually wins my respect for the fact that he seems to be the only semi-decent man in the whole of Zanscare and it's hilarious yet tragic how even his good deeds come back and haunt him. He's kind and compassionate to Katejina who...well....we know what happened to her.
Willowhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 19:05   Link #59
justavisitor

my favorite masked character is Char of course XD

Well, to Char fans, you must know that some ppl like to blame lots of things on Char: He only has one mobile suit kill (GM) in entire 0079 series, he likes loli and dumps Haman when she grows up (I swear this is true, some ppl really say this) and how childish he put the giant rock to Earth

Char has his flaws but these flaws never take away his charsima, or should I say, his flaws make him more attractive to viewers. His tragic background, struggle, his ability to inspire ppl (in Zeta and Counterattack) and lead battle squad, etc makes him one of the legendary and classic figures in anime history.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-18, 19:30   Link #60
Willowhugger

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
my favorite masked character is Char of course XD

Well, to Char fans, you must know that some ppl like to blame lots of things on Char: He only has one mobile suit kill (GM) in entire 0079 series, he likes loli and dumps Haman when she grows up (I swear this is true, some ppl really say this) and how childish he put the giant rock to Earth
True, though I think Char gets some more kills in Igloo of all places.

He also has some very fine love interests of the older persuasion in Zeta and CC.
Willowhugger is offline   Reply With Quote