AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

View Poll Results: No Game No Life - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 15 23.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 28.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 29.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-05-13, 21:55   Link #141
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Enough probability shift to give you a plus....
Bar that I don't know how exactly it works.
If it works even remotely like Sora explained you will have a very hard time guessing chances - especially if there are smart people who split so often that they already have an entire star in front of them lol

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-05-14, 01:00   Link #142
Frontier

So it looks like Tet might not be the actual "Final boss" for Blank, as the fallen Gods still appear to have some presence in the world. It also sounds like that, even with the old war over, there's still at least some conflict between Old Deus and Tet that the former assumes the latter brought Sora and Shiro to settle. Obviously it's likely we're not going to get anywhere near to that point in the story for the anime, but it's interesting nonetheless .

Steph... just, poor Steph. If it weren't so funny, and if I didn't enjoy the fanservice, I'd probably genuinely feel pretty bad for her suffering .

I'm almost surprised that, with her luck, she didn't end up getting arrested for indecent exposure after all those challenges. I guess being the King(s)' dog for a day has its benefits .

It was nice to see the episode portray that despite her shortcomings, she's actually smart and competent when it comes to politics and actual governing. Unfortunately, she's far too naieve and she's constantly going up against Sora and Shiro whose gaming skills are well above pretty much anybody. At least Sora finally gave her some credit at the end .

Though she might have had a better chance at winning if she came up with challenges that relied on Blank's weaknesses, such as Sora and Shiro having to be in proximity of one another or their reliance on technology. But that's probably far too cruel for Steph to even consider doing .

Can't wait for the game against Jibril !
Old 2014-05-14, 02:28   Link #143
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So it looks like Tet might not be the actual "Final boss" for Blank, as the fallen Gods still appear to have some presence in the world. It also sounds like that, even with the old war over, there's still at least some conflict between Old Deus and Tet that the former assumes the latter brought Sora and Shiro to settle. Obviously it's likely we're not going to get anywhere near to that point in the story for the anime, but it's interesting nonetheless .

Steph... just, poor Steph. If it weren't so funny, and if I didn't enjoy the fanservice, I'd probably genuinely feel pretty bad for her suffering .

I'm almost surprised that, with her luck, she didn't end up getting arrested for indecent exposure after all those challenges. I guess being the King(s)' dog for a day has its benefits .

It was nice to see the episode portray that despite her shortcomings, she's actually smart and competent when it comes to politics and actual governing. Unfortunately, she's far too naieve and she's constantly going up against Sora and Shiro whose gaming skills are well above pretty much anybody. At least Sora finally gave her some credit at the end .

Though she might have had a better chance at winning if she came up with challenges that relied on Blank's weaknesses, such as Sora and Shiro having to be in proximity of one another or their reliance on technology. But that's probably far too cruel for Steph to even consider doing .

Can't wait for the game against Jibril !
Dora deserves it! She's a "Riajuu" and just any normal riajuu, she's a ojou-sama riajuu!

Burn her burn, her on a stick! Well at least strip her naked, put dog ears on her with megane on a leash.
Old 2014-05-14, 03:28   Link #144
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayulsa View Post
That's still not truly random, you only judge it as 'random' because you lack the appropriate information in order to come to a conclusion.
No, it's truly random. That's what quantum mechanics boils down to. To be exact:

Spoiler for Obnoxious physics stuff:

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-05-14, 04:10   Link #145
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
A lot of people seem to be forgetting that the Old Deus, those fallen Gods, are now one of the 16 races, in other words they're just another competitor in the game world that Tet has set up. So of course Tet is still the final boss, Sora and Shiro will have to beat the Old Deus and get their piece before they can challenge Tet again.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2014-05-14, 14:33   Link #146
Ayulsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
Spoiler for snipped:
Then is that not just lack of knowledge? Just because we can't observe it and that it might be possible we never will, doesn't mean that it's right to just hand-wave it as 'random'.
Old 2014-05-14, 14:38   Link #147
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayulsa View Post
Then is that not just lack of knowledge? Just because we can't observe it and that it might be possible we never will, doesn't mean that it's right to just hand-wave it as 'random'.
For all ends and purposes, it is believed to be truly random. Someone still refuses to accept this idea and tries to find a way around it, true, though the theorem I mentioned makes this harder (since it implies that if you want quantum phenomena to be non random, you have to scrap the lightspeed limit for certain things. Which is another huge violation of what we know). It's an open debate though, but most physicists believe it to be truly, fundamentally random.
Even if it wasn't, anyway, Sora still wouldn't be able to have any knowledge of it at the current stage of science and technology.

Old 2014-05-15, 08:19   Link #148
c933103
FTNR

-First, as mentioned before, betting does matter.
-While it is theoretically guaranteed as random, it is not that easy to confirm whether the setup is truly random
-Is it feasible to establish that in the Disboard world
-What is the purpose of a truly random game? 1. it is not gun, 2. neither party can have a hand on the game itself, meaning that if you suggest this kind of game, you will not be able to increase the chance of winning any particular round of it no matter what you do and that's probably not of anyone's favor, other than like in Steph's case but it is questionable on if they think it is a game that they probably treat games as something that you can challenge and win by strengthening yourself.
Old 2014-05-15, 08:25   Link #149
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
-First, as mentioned before, betting does matter.
-While it is theoretically guaranteed as random, it is not that easy to confirm whether the setup is truly random
-Is it feasible to establish that in the Disboard world
-What is the purpose of a truly random game? 1. it is not gun, 2. neither party can have a hand on the game itself, meaning that if you suggest this kind of game, you will not be able to increase the chance of winning any particular round of it no matter what you do and that's probably not of anyone's favor, other than like in Steph's case but it is questionable on if they think it is a game that they probably treat games as something that you can challenge and win by strengthening yourself.
We now know it IS theoretically feasible, if an
Spoiler for Ep6 spoiler:
works the basic principles of physics and quantum mechanics must be identical. As for the rest, well, it's a relatively easier setup than others , really, especially in the "guarantee randomness" department (you could do it even more easily with a double slit). And the advantage is that you at least have 50% probability to win against [ ], rather than the usual, well, 0% .

Old 2014-05-15, 15:53   Link #150
bakato

This is a bit late, but could someone explain to me Steph crying scales?
Old 2014-05-15, 16:00   Link #151
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
This is a bit late, but could someone explain to me Steph crying scales?
It is basically 目から鱗が落ちる (scales falling from the eyes), which is an idiom indicating one has realized the true situation at hand. Basically showing how Steph didn't expect math to be applicable for games, and realizing it could be.
Old 2014-05-15, 17:03   Link #152
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
-deleted-
..this is an ep5 thread..

Last edited by c933103; 2014-05-15 at 21:56.
Old 2014-05-15, 18:02   Link #153
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It is basically 目から鱗が落ちる (scales falling from the eyes), which is an idiom indicating one has realized the true situation at hand. Basically showing how Steph didn't expect math to be applicable for games, and realizing it could be.
Why thank you.
Old 2014-05-15, 18:58   Link #154
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
..this is an ep5 thread..
Yeah I just relaized that when I was looking for the post in the EP 6 one... must have gotten the wrong thread >< - Del the quote part pls obviously not belonging in here. I took care of the source post already.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2014-12-03, 00:19   Link #155
Animetheory

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Useing the word roll does not bring to mind coin flips. I went into anti Sora mode and figured you were actually talking about dice and were trying to cloud the issue.

other wise it's .5^20*100% for all 20 to be tails and 50% for the 20th filp to be heads. Assuming it is a normal coin with both a head and tail and is truly weighted so there is a 50% outcome of eather side.
I understand your reasoning, however when referring to a coin toss (saying that it's 50/50 chance), your logic is flawed . The flaw is simply you're thinking in a purely theoretical manner about a real-life occurrence. In other words, you're using math when you should be using physics. Shiro would calculate the different variables affecting the coin at the time of the toss in order to gain a more accurate perception as to which side of the coin will land on. I'll give you an example it's a trick I have used many times. If you make a fist with your thumb inside, then slowly slide your thumb out tell just the tip of your thumbnail is hidden by your index finger. This puts you into a launching position. If you balance the coin on top of your thumb so that the index finger stops the coin from falling. Then launch the coin from that position and let it fall on the floor. As long as the floor is relatively even and it does not hit any obstacles, the coin is more likely to land on the opposite side to the side that was facing out before the launch. Don't ask me to explain all the physics to you because I won't be able to but I'm sure Shiro would be able to. But if done correctly you can see even a coin toss is not truly random or just 50/50 chance. It is possible to gain a higher probability of a favorable outcome by simply applying physics.
Closed Thread