AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2006-01-31, 18:34   Link #41
PsychItsMike

Send a message via AIM to PsychItsMike
Overall this series was interesting. Never really got into the Mech stuff just the original Gundam but this one was pretty good. Biggest con was the names of the moves... just ignore them and it should be ok :P. Sad about the ending though... So now what, we have to wait 12,000 years for Apollo to come back? Will they even be reincarnated again even though there isnt a need for them anymore? I feel they can make an OVA to finish off everything.

Checked the manga forums and didnt see any SnA manga. Are there any? Does it go past the series? Any info would help thanks.
PsychItsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-01, 05:15   Link #42
wao
OK.

It's an original work by the loopy Shoji Kawamori (and Satelight), not based on a manga, so you probably won't find anything else official... not for now, anyway .
Old 2006-02-02, 22:39   Link #43
sanzo_reload

Spoiler:

Last edited by Lefteris_D; 2006-02-02 at 22:43. Reason: Spoiler tag added
sanzo_reload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 11:39   Link #44
BluWacky
尻の竜

....Aquarion is getting a second series in October, it seems, according to the Tokyo Anime Fair and the official blog of the show!

This makes me very, very happy - nothing I like EVER gets a second season! I do wonder what they can actually do with a sequel unless it's entirely new characters and takes place 10,000 years in the future/past or whatever (I actually wouldn't mind seeing a whole series based around Apollonius and Celiane). I hope they get all the same people to work on it again.
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 11:50   Link #45
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Yay! Yay! Yay! More crack anime this way please.

The origin story sounds like fun, but I would prefer if the went into the future to explore new characters (with mecha making a comeback and maybe several cameos from the old cast).
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 02:39   Link #46
wao
OK.

What the holy naked crap? How the hell did Kawamori pull THAT?! Wow, a late night original series - furthermore a completely crackpot one - gets a
second season? What strings did he pull, huh?!!

Either way, joy to the world! More insane chuckles are along the way. I wouldn't mind seeing grown up Silvia... but I insist Fudo appears, Aquarion simply is not Aquarion without Fudo!

And I hope we get another Utsunomiya episode too
Old 2006-03-26, 12:05   Link #47
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Eh... what's the point of the 2nd series anyways? It's not like they'll go BL all the way or anything.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 13:20   Link #48
KBTKaiser

if it is a sequel, I want a list of all the crossdocks! XD

*flies off on his DX Chogokin Vector Machines, both original and assault.*
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 03:24   Link #49
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis
Eh... what's the point of the 2nd series anyways? It's not like they'll go BL all the way or anything.
We can hope!!!

While normally I shun the creation of a sequel when the show was so brilliantly concluded as Aquarion, I'll have to say that this is an exception. My reason is not because I loved Aquarion so much, although I did. I would look forward to the sequel for exactly the reason you state: What is the point of the 2nd season? That question makes me consider: What was the point of the 1st season? Regardless of how well it was concluded as a show, in its role as a satire, there will always be more to wax satirical about. I have no doubt that they can find an equally messed up plot for season 2. And since it was never really meant to be taken seriously, I can't really mind that they might be excavating our smexy threesome before their 20,000 years are up.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-27, 03:56   Link #50
Lefteris_D

We get a second season or perhaps a movie? I guess the animators thought we are still not saturated with gattai "orgasms"... Still, if it is a new season it can't be taking place much further in the future because that black Aquarion in the poster is not much different than the military model.

Anyway, all we can do for now is wait and pre-order a large supply of sedatives because only God knows how much we are going to need this time if they plan to make a similar story approach.

P.S: Given the "date" written at that poster, Autumn 2006, it could be a Playstation 3 game much like it's Playstation 2 counterpart. However, if it is really a game, it's going to be hard to beat Armored Core 4.
Old 2006-03-27, 23:35   Link #51
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

I'm seeing this as more like 'same world, different time, different characters', or maybe something along the lines of Mai-Hime -> Mai-Otome. Or hell, maybe it'll go in Getter's direction.

I see the original mecha making a cameo or showing up an ep to get destroyed to make way for/defend the new ones, but nothing substantial. Marketting money has to be made off these mecha, people!

I could see Fudo returning, and maybe Rena since she's a vampire... but if you think about it, all but Apollo, Silvia, and Sirius were ultimately bit characters, while those three served their purpose in the end.

Then again, the powers that be could just use that good old Japanese Magic and do something totally different and retarded/stupid/great. We'll see, won't we?

Hell, I'm happy as long as there's a new giant robot show to watch, rather than the current tripe that passes for entertainment around here

edit: Oh, and here's hoping for far less filler.
N-Bomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 01:30   Link #52
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-Bomb
edit: Oh, and here's hoping for far less filler.
Absolutely NOT! The filler episodes of Aquarion were some of the very best~!

I would be very sad if we didn't have the brilliant lunacy of episode 18, Cosplayer of Soul! I very nearly died laughing from that episode. And that was just one of their great filler episodes.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-03-28, 02:48   Link #53
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Absolutely NOT! The filler episodes of Aquarion were some of the very best~!

I would be very sad if we didn't have the brilliant lunacy of episode 18, Cosplayer of Soul! I very nearly died laughing from that episode. And that was just one of their great filler episodes.

Seriously dude, I could had done well without 17-19 fillers.

They should had pumped up the final arc from episode 17, instead of having started it at episode 20.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 03:02   Link #54
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Yeah, but this show wasn't about the story or the final arc. This series was all about watching how wacky Kawamori and Co. can get. And that was achieved with the crack-fillers!

Oh, the main story was alright, but it was just regular superherosentai thang, while the crack-fillers were just golden! 8)
Old 2006-03-28, 05:29   Link #55
KBTKaiser

'sides, how are you gonna develop characters outside of battle without filler eps? It's not like the Shadow Angels are raiding 24/7.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 05:31   Link #56
neoko

I must be missing something, i stopped watching it because there was nothing captivating about it.

It was somewhat like power rangers from the start to where i watched (~16?)

With better action and music of course.
neoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 05:58   Link #57
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoko
I must be missing something, i stopped watching it because there was nothing captivating about it.
Yup., you're missing something: It's a satire. Forget about watching as if it were something serious, and realize that it is making fun of the shows that you might compare it to. Then you see the true Aquarion.

Old 2006-03-28, 06:28   Link #58
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Yeah, but this show wasn't about the story or the final arc. This series was all about watching how wacky Kawamori and Co. can get. And that was achieved with the crack-fillers!

Oh, the main story was alright, but it was just regular superherosentai thang, while the crack-fillers were just golden! 8)
Absolutely! I personally enjoyed the crack-fillers a lot more than the normal story. That's why ep 1-11 felt kind of flat, but from 12 onwards (except 14) it just got better and better.

Ep 18 REALLY made me bend over in laughter... gosh, just thinking of it gives me goosebumps! Ahahahahaha...

Satelight + Kawamori wackiness is always appreciated, now bring on the oscillating character art and the Super Leet Special Moves!

...Feet!!
Old 2006-03-28, 10:37   Link #59
Splendiferous
To Shangrila or Bust!

Quote:
Yup., you're missing something: It's a satire. Forget about watching as if it were something serious, and realize that it is making fun of the shows that you might compare it to. Then you see the true Aquarion.
It certainly is an attempt at satire, and some of it is really well done, but a lot of the satire is hidden under auspices of straight-laced seriousness that often put a dampener on the comedic efforts. I'd say it never quite reaches the satirical bar set by Nadesico, which hid very serious themes underneath its satirical rip on mecha/alien invasion anime.

Either way, it will be very interesting to see what Kawamori cooks up for a second season
Splendiferous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-28, 10:53   Link #60
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Nadesico was mostly a stab at Macross specifically, so a lot of the humor is really pointed and acute. While Aquarion really goes for the whole genre, mocking a variety of shows, some new, some quite old.