AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-01-04, 15:24   Link #1
_X12A_Testament

[CE] Ideal Seed3 suggestions

Lets make this thread a place to suggest how you would like the 3rd SEED season to be:

My ideal situation is kind of extreme but it is a great solution to the character development problems that are plaguing the series:

Athrun dies. I am a huge Athrun fan, but think of how that would shake the entire remaining cast, and how it would change and add development to main characters. He was awesome at the end of GSD but he has completed his purpose. He can die a hero. The first few episodes focus on a major battle against the last (?) of a major resistance.

Immediately we are introduced to action. There are 3 enemy gundams (sword calamity, and 2 other familiar ones), and it is basically a suicide mission on their part. The pilots are drugged coordinators like in seed. We get to see Kira, Athrun, and Shinn fighting together..... but Athrun ends up dying while saving Shinn from a team attack. Athrun manages to kill both of the druggies as this happens. Kira snaps and obliterates the last enemy gundam in a rage. I picture him destroying everything but the cockpit and chest, and then finally "executing" him with all his DRAGOONS at once. This battle is about year after GSD (a few months after final +), and after it, some more time passes like a few months.....
This tragedy sets up the new season.

-----From here the main characters are :

Kira : Broken by the death of Athrun, he isolates himself . He went berserk at the sight of athrun's death was the one who wanted the kill of the 3rd rebel gundam, and since then he has changed. Lets just say his "no-kill policy" is no more.... The death of someone as close as Athrun has more of an impact than the death of Flay, and "activated" a berserker in him. What is his true destiny as the ultimate coordinator?

Shinn : Also changed by the death of Athrun. He feels responsable, and yet wants to prove himself to a dead Athrun and it solidifies his new ways since final +. He becomes a true hero like Athrun and tries to live up to Athrun's ways. It is like the spirit of justice and of Athrun have empowered Shinn. A new hero emerges...

----- I think these should be the two MAIN characters, and the contrast between them is that the death of athrun has almost reversed their roles from GSD.----

secondary characters (rest of "main" cast)

Yzak : Since the death of Athrun, he also uses it to become stronger and re-dedicates himself to be a an ace pilot. He is on the main team and gains seed mode within the first arc. Also he should get a new look (specifically haircut, lol)

Luna : Not active duty. Has a role in training the new pilots. w/ shinn

Shiho : Reserve pilot, also plays a role in training the new pilots. w/ yzak

New pilots : any combination of 3 - male/female coordinator/natural . one probably would be talia's son. Have yzak, shinn, luna, and shiho as superiors/mentors. I think that they had to accelerate the normal
recruiting program, so these are younger and less experienced than normal red coats, but they learn fast.

---- I like the idea of shinn and yzak working together and becoming brothers in arms because they are both similar, and have had a redemption in their recent past. Also a split screen red/blue seed mode would be awesome. ---

New enemy pilots that eventually show up: They are "extended coordinators" (using an altered technology seen in GSD), a part of a greater resistance that has been recruiting for their cause. The same leader of the other group, which was not the last of them. They have been growing in size since the end of GSD and have a secret base somewhere (??). The resistance are kind of a amalgam of the nations that did not want to merge with orb and also the coordinators that did not like the new way of zaft. There are naturals but mainly as grunt pilots. Their "army" is almost non-existant, but since there location is unknown, it is not the same type of war. They would be more like terrorists.

cameo only : Mwu and Murrue, Andy, Dearka (injured in final +, lost an arm and cant pilot anymore)

-----------------------Gundams --------------------------

Yzak and Shinn get entirely new gundams (Shinn's introduced from the first episode, Yzak's is created after he is re-assigned following D.O.A ) that are within the confines of the new non-nuclear treaty like all other weapons of war since GSD. They are still powerful, but have a battery limit, probably on the same level as Destiny and Legend. So not overpowered and have to be balanced. I picture Shinn having a transforming gundam (homage to athrun) and Yzak having a hulking arsenal gundam Duel II. (we havent see a normal size, but bulky gundam yet)

The 3 new pilots have a rotating use of an impulse 1.5 (non transforming, just one unit) and the 3 extended's gundam packs, abyss, gaia, and chaos. I really want to see these packs in action. The pilot of impulse is determined by who is best ace at the time, and the new pilots are always trying and succeeding in outdoing eachother. maybe each has their own favorite pack to use. The remaining 2 use Zaku.

Kira is technically not an active pilot, but he uses Strike Freedom and violates the treaty when he pleases.... He roams the outer regions of space looking for other remnants of the resistance. Since he is basically royalty, and also the most powerful, no one opposes him. But he is not involved in most major battles but instead goes on solo missions.

The new extended coordinator enemy pilots have new gundams when they finally show up, and they are nuclear powered.

From here, anything can happen. what do you think?

comment or suggest your own ideal 3rd season start.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 15:29   Link #2
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Terrible idea. The fact that Athrun can die in a 3v3 is preposterous especially considering the tech level Lacus dug up. The show would lose a huge fanbase if Athrun died. There's an unwritten rule in the CE universe. If they pop a SEED, they are immortal.

That simple.

And never ever ever underestimate Lacus's fairy dust powers.

If Shinn loses Destiny, it'd be ridiculous. That gundam needs a better showing.

In truth, you would screw the CE more than Fuckuda has already.

If you want Kira to lose his no-kill policy, just have him unable to defend what was necessary, and have Cagalli get gravely wounded, that way he questions "what if I killed them the last time?" and so loses the no-kill policy...

Killing off a character is bad. Wound them instead. Keep the fanbase dangling like idiots in suspense.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 15:42   Link #3
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I think this has already been done and discussed in good detail in a still open thread.
neodrag38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 16:05   Link #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86
Keep the fanbase dangling like idiots in suspense.
Yep, it's working great with you.
0.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 16:07   Link #5
Demongod86

Which is why it was such a letdown that Mia died.

READ: when you kill characters, they have one last effect, and then ARE FORGOTTEN.
Old 2006-01-04, 16:59   Link #6
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
T

In truth, you would screw the CE more than Fuckuda has already.
yeah ce was screwed up!wait we actually agree on something?!?!(heads to bomb shelter)it's the end of the world!

my idea for ce.
blow up orb,i'm real sick of it wining via plot device,and destroy the archangel,cause i'm sick of it existing/winning due to plot devices and holes,i'm definetly sick of every one standing on the bridge and spouting nonsense about protecting the world.destroy the eternal and kunasagi,have shinn proven to be the best,sence he is when not nerfed,bring back the minerva,kill lacus,how i hate her,and most importantly BRING BACK FLLAY!
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 17:02   Link #7
Demongod86

And I hate your lack of comprehensible sentences, dom33. Before you start crying foul on plot devices, I recommend you get a grasp of what CONSISTENCY is, first.
Old 2006-01-04, 17:41   Link #8
RX-93 HI-NU
Awesome

Since we are stuck with another season of seed, my main suggestion is...
Lets try not to have 20 gundams in a single show, and don't have backpacks bigger than the actual gundam.
RX-93 HI-NU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 17:52   Link #9
X12A_Testament

double post..

Last edited by X12A_Testament; 2006-01-04 at 18:03.
X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 18:03   Link #10
_X12A_Testament

I guess I just think something drastic needs to happen to jumpstart the CE universe back to its former glory from GS. Unless you want another recycled storyline like GSD was to GS... Plot-wise, GSD was a failure, and someone would have to be delusional not to see this.

Personally, I disagree that Athrun would be forgotten, on the contrary, I think his death would immortalize him and like I said it would have a lasting effect on the others. Kira is the most absurd choice for death, and Shinn would be a fitting successor to Athrun from their history in GSD.

Now this thread isn't necessarily about my idea only, but I would have appreciated more constructive criticism about it from you, demongod. . I do not know why you are calling the fanbase "idiots", and the negative undertone in your response really makes me wonder why I should be listening to you. Do you even like the CE universe?! your comments seem to imply that your ideal situation in Seed3 would stay very SAFE and SIMPLE. That is NOT what makes a great series. Am I the only one that doesn't want to see the same stupid formula for a third time? Lets get something original and really shake things up.

Demongod, if you want to actually give a synopsis of your Idea instead of just shooting down others, I'd really like to hear it.

----
Old 2006-01-04, 18:06   Link #11
Demongod86

My idea? How about we just give the entire old cast a rest and shift our ideas somewhere ELSE besides focusing on them? No need to kill them, no need to damage them, no need to blow up any existing gundams, or anything of the nature. EA got its ass kicked. You have the whole fucking planet earth to work with. The GAT-X blueprints are still lying around somewhere, you don't need to go back to Orb. North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Antarctica, Australia...don't tell me you can't pull a plot with the entire planet earth?

So I say: new characters, new theme (drop natural v. coordinator), new show in general. And if you need Freedom and Justice and Destiny in the show, you can have whatever villain try to hit Orb, only to get their asses royally kicked, at which point we take the spotlight off of the old cast.

Simple?

Keep the gods in olympus, do something with the mortal world.

I'm surprised nobody has been hit by the idea yet.
Old 2006-01-04, 19:07   Link #12
_X12A_Testament

Quote:
My idea? How about we just give the entire old cast a rest and shift our ideas somewhere ELSE besides focusing on them? No need to kill them, no need to damage them, no need to blow up any existing gundams, or anything of the nature. EA got its ass kicked. You have the whole fucking planet earth to work with. The GAT-X blueprints are still lying around somewhere, you don't need to go back to Orb. North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Antarctica, Australia...don't tell me you can't pull a plot with the entire planet earth?
So if this is still CE, then it is in the distant future? Or is it near future and the conflict shifts to the disbanded earth nations? This is definatly another option that would be "refreshing" and not the same old thing again. I just don't know how they could write off the entire GS-GSD cast and start anew without some kind of serious explanation...

Quote:
So I say: new characters, new theme (drop natural v. coordinator), new show in general. And if you need Freedom and Justice and Destiny in the show, you can have whatever villain try to hit Orb, only to get their asses royally kicked, at which point we take the spotlight off of the old cast.
I dont understand this part. How would this help a transfer to a new cast? Maybe if it were a Prologue to the new age. But if Orb ruled, then exactly how would the old cast stay out of things? The way I see it, you can't really erase Orb from the picture no matter how you slice it.... Unless it is the distant future and it is not the same Orb anymore.
Old 2006-01-04, 19:17   Link #13
Demongod86

No, not distant future. PLANT and Orb come to peace, PLANT stays outta the crap of the earth governments, Orb declares its neutrality with the threat of force capable of stopping two deathrays and destroying an entire space fleet. Therefore, if anybody even feels like touching Orb, they get spammed by the Strike Freedom/Hackatsuki and cut apart by Justice/Destiny. As I said, you can even show an attempted attack on Orb just get absolutely slaughtered when Shinn uses the sword and annihilates their entire fleet with one MS while Kira, Athrun, and Mwu completely pwn any MSes. And of course, Destroys will also get gruntified by Destiny.

This way, other nations just wage their wars, leave it off of Orb's doorstep, and do what they need to do. With their limited resources (all of those wasted MSes) and whatnot, the one gundam (read: ONE, ala UC, for those fans...not a zillion fancy colorful ones) will not get too powerful either. And you can have it hit jungles such as vietnam or south america or whatnot to have some terrain stuff going on down there also. Note: said gundam will NOT fly or have Strike-like super jumps. I'm talking 08th MS team shitty kind of gundam.

Very near future stuff, just complete change of setting. Consider that the EA is in a HUGE power vacuum since Copeland got Requiem'd, Orb just wants to be left the hell alone, PLANT has the capability to build deathrays, you just want to keep it off their doorsteps.

Think of today...instead of some terrorist trying to hit America, we'd have a war between say, two African nations using small arms and guerilla warfare and whatnot...would America rush in there to stop it? Nah...maybe just send some humanitarian aid, but not send F/A-22 raptors down there.
Old 2006-01-04, 19:35   Link #14
sanghyun1990
상현

Kill Cagalli or Lacus that is good way to start a conflict, or my other idea people who still support Destiny plan against Lacus and her followers.
sanghyun1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 19:38   Link #15
_X12A_Testament

Quote:
No, not distant future. PLANT and Orb come to peace, PLANT stays outta the crap of the earth governments, Orb declares its neutrality with the threat of force capable of stopping two deathrays and destroying an entire space fleet. Therefore, if anybody even feels like touching Orb, they get spammed by the Strike Freedom/Hackatsuki and cut apart by Justice/Destiny. As I said, you can even show an attempted attack on Orb just get absolutely slaughtered when Shinn uses the sword and annihilates their entire fleet with one MS while Kira, Athrun, and Mwu completely pwn any MSes. And of course, Destroys will also get gruntified by Destiny.

This way, other nations just wage their wars, leave it off of Orb's doorstep, and do what they need to do. With their limited resources (all of those wasted MSes) and whatnot, the one gundam (read: ONE, ala UC, for those fans...not a zillion fancy colorful ones) will not get too powerful either. And you can have it hit jungles such as vietnam or south america or whatnot to have some terrain stuff going on down there also. Note: said gundam will NOT fly or have Strike-like super jumps. I'm talking 08th MS team shitty kind of gundam.

Very near future stuff, just complete change of setting. Consider that the EA is in a HUGE power vacuum since Copeland got Requiem'd, Orb just wants to be left the hell alone, PLANT has the capability to build deathrays, you just want to keep it off their doorsteps.

Think of today...instead of some terrorist trying to hit America, we'd have a war between say, two African nations using small arms and guerilla warfare and whatnot...would America rush in there to stop it? Nah...maybe just send some humanitarian aid, but not send F/A-22 raptors down there.

Cool, now I understand what you mean. Kind of like the old cast "retires" from war and like you said just want to be left the hell alone. heheheh.

But maybe there could be coordinator meddlers or anarchists from PLANT that come to earth to take advantage of the situation there and to become a big fish in a little pond so to speak. I imagine there would be something to gain from coordinators that were essentially exiled from PLANT after the old regime fell. It might be interesting to have a scenario where there are coordinators that must pretend to be naturals, but their skill could be a giveaway.

Would we get to see older gundams that were cast aside (like buster) make a return from the scrapheap? That could be cool.

.............Gundam Seed: Exile ?
Old 2006-01-04, 19:41   Link #16
Demongod86

Now you get it...
Old 2006-01-04, 20:09   Link #17
tetsuo69

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanghyun1990
Kill Cagalli or Lacus that is good way to start a conflict, or my other idea people who still support Destiny plan against Lacus and her followers.
i'm a big fan of the old cast but i sure wouldnt mind if lacus or cagalli got kill to start the new conflict

Last edited by tetsuo69; 2006-01-04 at 20:23.
tetsuo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-04, 20:22   Link #18
Demongod86

I would. Kira and Lacus haven't even kissed yet. Athrun hasn't even gotten to second base with Cagalli yet. So no thxing our main characters.
Old 2006-01-04, 20:36   Link #19
_X12A_Testament

I am sick of Cagalli. If I must choose a 3rd season continuation of this cast besides my ideal scenario, (I like Demongod's scenario for a "Clean slate" cast idea) it would be one in which Cagalli dies. Death has been the best character developer in this series, and we all know that the development of this cast is getting a little....stale. SOMEONE needs to go in the first episodes!!!

Kira would probably snap (I know its a re-occuring theme in my scenarios, but it would own), Athrun would be free to get with Meyrin ( ), Shinn would solidify his new attitude with remorse for her death ( , ) . Then would a newly hardened Kira be successor to the Orb throne? Could definatly shake things up. .....
Old 2006-01-04, 20:46   Link #20
Demongod86

Death has not been the best character developer. A gundam switch has been the best character developer. Always has been for quite a while now...Heero steps inside Zero, Zero starts talking to him, holy shit, the guy changes (as much as Heero can change, anyhow...)

Kira loses Strike, gets Freedom. Bam, changed. Loses Freedom, gets SF...bam...slight change (gets even more godly than ever!). Shinn loses Impulse, gets Destiny...now he becomes even more of a drone!

In some cases, you just have to say "if they wanted to do it, they WOULD HAVE done it by now."

If Kira or Athrun or Lacus or Cagalli were to die, they would have been dead by now. There have been ample opportunities to whack them. Ditto with Shinn.