Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-05-16, 05:12   Link #221
Scab
Saizen
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
PS: In the A-E/Saizen release it should be vernier, not burner. Although I don't expect a v2 just for that, but for future reference.
On behalf of the translator, I think I'll blame that on Keith's pronunciation. ^^;

Anyway, I QC these episodes, so I'll keep that in mind for future checks.
Scab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 05:54   Link #222
JediNight
キズランダム

Burner would be something like バーナー while he says バーにアー but w/e it's not terribly important, just something I heard.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 10:16   Link #223
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
I was putting off watching the episodes after the first one for some reason, and now I realized how wrong that was.

Terra E is excellent. The pacing of the plot is good, the characters are interesting and I am actually excited about watching the next episode. A very good series, I must say.

PS: Ha-ha. I am glad I am not the only one who saw the similarities between the μ ship and Galactica. Especially now, if the United Human Army is going to pursue them to Earth. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 19:31   Link #224
-Tock-
'-'V

This serries looks very promising ^_^
But now people have pointed it out, there are lots of parallels to Galactica o_o
But anyway,
Spoiler for episode 6:
-Tock- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-16, 23:33   Link #225
JediNight
キズランダム

Well the original movie that the TV series is based on pre-dates Galactica afaik. And the storyline only very loosely parallels some parts of Galactica... it was mostly just a tongue-in-cheek comment for a joke.

[spoiler=Speculation]Well in the preview it said that Sam and Swena were now Members candidates, so I wonder if that was because of them working with Keith. At any rate, I expect that they will graduate and be assigned to a ship that is sent out to persue the Shangrila. And then the inevitable reunion of Sam and Swena when they are shocked to find out that Jomy is now the leader of the Mu.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 08:49   Link #226
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Well, the original manga came out in 1977-1980, while Battlestar Galactica started airing in 1978.

I too was only half-joking about the similarities (though, they are there!). I guess you can attribute them more to the Zeitgeist of those days. Perhaps this was the kind of story that was relevant at the time.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 11:45   Link #227
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalem View Post
Some people posted some major spoilers not too long ago in response to some questions I asked. But I'm warning you, they are MAJOR spoilers for the whole series and ending. Click if you dare. Curious how much the movie differs from the manga. I found a copy of it finally, but haven't gotten around to watching it.
So I finally went and read the whole thread, and found those spoilers you mentioned. I almost wish I didn't. This'll be a rough ride from here on out.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-17, 11:50   Link #228
zalem

Hey, I warned you.

Though it's possible they might change some things. Who knows...
Old 2007-05-19, 00:25   Link #229
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Stopped watching anime for a few weeks. Decided to pick up To Terra for some reasons. It was a lucky good choice.

Keith is definately my favorite character so far. I hope he gets a big role later cause I don't like Jomy that much.

Shiroe in the preview of episode 7 is getting on my nerve. Not that I liked him when he appeared in episode 5, but it seems like he grew worse in between.

Perhaps I am just pure evil, but seriously, I would not mind seeing bad things happen to him (Like seeing Keith beat him up or something).
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-19, 09:02   Link #230
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori View Post
Perhaps I am just pure evil, but seriously, I would not mind seeing bad things happen to him (Like seeing Keith beat him up or something).
I'll second that. But with him being what he is, I think tragedy is only a couple of steps away It's amazing that he made it past the adulthood exam, but I doubt that he'll be able to suppress his nature forever.
Old 2007-05-20, 12:26   Link #231
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

I just started this Serie yesterday .
And i felt it was my duty (:P) to watch the Original movie .
When i read that the series was a remake , I had thought the movie was some kind of prequel . So now i kinda regret having watched it a bit as i realized it wasn't a prequel at all .
But apart from having being spoiled , I loved the movie even thought it wasn't short enough so they didn't had the time to focus on the character development much .
And that's the good thing the series is doing , it's focusing on the character development .
I think this may perhaps be the best series of the season .
Samanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-20, 13:03   Link #232
lightbringer
M9000

Lol duty. I'm a bit cautious since the movie is so old, but since many posters here say it's worth it, I guess I'll have to watch it after all. This series was really shit when it started out but has been improving tremendously ever since episode 3. Must be due to being based on a cool story
Old 2007-05-20, 13:05   Link #233
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Yeah , well the movie is old , and if you download it , the quality of the video won't give credit to the movie . But definitely , it was a great movie .
Old 2007-05-20, 13:58   Link #234
lightbringer
M9000

Mostly I'm just curious about the story, and am already prepared for bad video... the spoilers earlier in the thread really whetted my appetite
Old 2007-05-21, 04:14   Link #235
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
And episode 7... I was totally right about Shiroe. He is really really annoying.

Last edited by Ori; 2007-05-21 at 21:10.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-21, 22:35   Link #236
lightbringer
M9000

So, now that I've spoiled myself silly by watching the movie, here's a brain dump while it's still fresh in my mind. I think it's safe to post here, since we've already been discussing the movie in this thread and all that...

Spoiler for extreme movie spoilers:
Old 2007-05-22, 18:10   Link #237
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

So , I was at Chapters today and i picked up "to Terra" volume two for a quick read ( cuz volume one wasn't anywhere to be seen ) and this is what i noted ( differences and such )

Spoiler for Manga & Movie:

Last edited by Samanosuke; 2007-05-22 at 18:28.
Old 2007-05-22, 18:26   Link #238
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler for karina et all:
Old 2007-05-22, 18:29   Link #239
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

Ah , i see who she is now . thanks .
Also i edited my previous post , now it should make sense :P
Old 2007-05-22, 19:31   Link #240
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

In later eps, if it follows the movie, Kieth becomes as big a role as Jomy. I dont really like keith at the moment, theres just something wrong about him. Shiroe is weird, im not sure what to make of him. He was cute in ep5 in a way, but now he's a total freakazoid.

As for Jomy, i've missed him lol. Hope they get back to him soon. Judging from the time jump we've had already Jomy is now the leader of the Mu, which sucks IMO. Since we could of had atleast 2 eps of tension as he tried to win over the Mu.

Really must see if i can get the manga some how
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen