AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-23, 21:12   Link #501
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
I'm still wondering who the hell that right hand man in episode one is. I always thought he looked like Rossiu mutated into a beastman. Even the way he stands and puts his arms behind his back is exactly the same as current Rossiu. Hmm, maybe Rossiu gets transformed into half beastman and thus his voice changes and the VA changes? But if Saiga Mitsuki says that she'll voice Rossiu again in the last ep...
The man is most probably Boota. Boota is not on Shimon's shoulder or anywhere in the scene in episode 1 even clearly in ED we know that he still exist. Boota might be able to transform later on the story :\. They wouldn't use different VA if that's Rosui.
Old 2007-07-23, 21:24   Link #502
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Well, it's weird to imagine Boota becoming such a serious man... the Boota I know is a cute little creature that likes to go into women's cleavage... not a Beastman that gives commands to the crew of a huge intergalactic battle cruiser.
Old 2007-07-23, 22:40   Link #503
roan

there's a boota in the opening on harlock simon's shoulder though (the cut with viral and lord genome's head).
Old 2007-07-23, 22:53   Link #504
Destructive

Boota as him?
Old 2007-07-23, 23:06   Link #505
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roan View Post
there's a boota in the opening on harlock simon's shoulder though (the cut with viral and lord genome's head).
I'm not sure if that's Garlock or just adult Simon - he's wearing his goggles and the collar isn't the same.
Old 2007-07-23, 23:24   Link #506
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, keep in mind we'll probably see one more change to the OP before the end.
Afterall, we still have part 4.

So don't assume the adult Simon we see in the current OP to be the final harlock Simon just yet.
Old 2007-07-24, 06:14   Link #507
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by musashiken View Post
I'm still wondering who the hell that right hand man in episode one is. I always thought he looked like Rossiu mutated into a beastman.

Well minus whatever twist we'll see with the helix king computer (almost deja vu to the old man in Zet) and Rossiu. I'm leaning to bet that the guy in the first episode with the sunglasses may be Viral, same facial scratchs but different kind of nose. At first I didn't peg Viral to be the type to give out commands, but well he did order Dai-Gankai (Submarine) pretty good in episode 12.
Old 2007-07-24, 08:57   Link #508
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Any CHANCE of a Kamia resurection? Manipulating a dead man's body and making another one? Maybe?...Hope so even if becomes a bad guy. He's WAY more hot blooded and better than Simon will ever be as a leader. IMHO
Old 2007-07-24, 09:23   Link #509
roan

http://ranobe.sakuratan.com/up/src/up203112.jpg

i spit out coke after reading this hahahahaha

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-24, 09:43   Link #510
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-24, 09:45   Link #511
7Th
Mixtape

Spoiler for Diebuster:
Old 2007-07-24, 09:56   Link #512
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
Spoiler for Gurren Lagann 20:
Eh.... where the heck did you get 1 and 5?
It's most definitly not from the Pia spoiler, which just got posted to 2ch a little while ago.
Old 2007-07-24, 11:45   Link #513
coefficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Eh.... where the heck did you get 1 and 5?
It's most definitly not from the Pia spoiler, which just got posted to 2ch a little while ago.
They're apparently taken from a TVGuide scan, the photos of which were posted a few posts above yours. I first saw those spoilers on 4chan. Can anyone who can read moonrunes confirm this? It seems a bit short for all 5 of those spoilers but japanese can be a bit compact sometimes.

edit: unless that magazine is called Pia; I saw "TV" in there so I assumed it was a TV Guide of some sort.
Old 2007-07-24, 11:50   Link #514
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by coefficient View Post
They're apparently taken from a TVGuide scan, the photos of which were posted a few posts above yours. I first saw those spoilers on 4chan. Can anyone who can read moonrunes confirm this? It seems a bit short for all 5 of those spoilers but japanese can be a bit compact sometimes.

edit: unless that magazine is called Pia; I saw "TV" in there so I assumed it was a TV Guide of some sort.
There's nothing about Nia or escaping on that scan.
Old 2007-07-24, 13:23   Link #515
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coefficient View Post
What part of, "I smell a RickRoll" did you miss?
Old 2007-07-24, 13:51   Link #516
Samanosuke
Genma Killer

actually , i've always been wondering what that Big face (gunmen) Simon and his crew are riding on in episode 1 is .
I mean , i don't see what the Lagann could have fused with to become this .
Also , when Simon says " Gurren Lagann , Spin on " , to me it seemed to suggest that huge head was the "gurren Lagann" , of course that was before we where introduced to the Gurren . What could it Be ?~~
Old 2007-07-24, 15:51   Link #517
v1cious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
don't know if this is the right place , but here goes
i don't get the joke. is it a big spoiler? cause i just started watching Code Geass.
Old 2007-07-24, 15:58   Link #518
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
Quote:
Originally Posted by v1cious View Post
i don't get the joke. is it a big spoiler? cause i just started watching Code Geass.
Yes, its huge.... you will get it once you watched episode 22.
Old 2007-07-24, 18:41   Link #519
musashiken
ニア ☆ 命

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samanosuke View Post
actually , i've always been wondering what that Big face (gunmen) Simon and his crew are riding on in episode 1 is .
I mean , i don't see what the Lagann could have fused with to become this .
Also , when Simon says " Gurren Lagann , Spin on " , to me it seemed to suggest that huge head was the "gurren Lagann" , of course that was before we where introduced to the Gurren . What could it Be ?~~
Could be the Arc Gurren that's hidden underground, based on that TV PIA mag scan that was posted earlier. The best place to hide something that huge is underground.

Now, I don't know much about the Japanese magazines nowadays, but unless my eyes are deceiving me, in that scan that magazine beside TV PIA, it seems to be called "Young Animal".... And the pic of that hot Japanese chick on the cover isn't making the title sound any less... raunchy... lol

Can the wise dudes from Japan tell me that Japanese magazines have such funky names?? (ie. aohige-sama)
Old 2007-07-24, 19:38   Link #520
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Even for me, the Japanese magazine names sillyness escapes me.

But for Young Animal, it's actually pretty fitting.
It's a young adult magazine, with lots of violence and steamy manga, as well as skimpy model girls photos.
Popular manga such as Berserk, Futari ecchi, and Detroit Metal City runs in it.