Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-26, 11:09   Link #621
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
She's so much of a Tsundere, the authors are so determined to fit her in a Tsundere box that it actually hurts to see this trainwreck excuse of a show. And let's not get started with the insistence, against every modicum of plot-development for the status quo to remain. Urgh.

2/10, worst this season, worse than Hagure, which at least had an interesting premise.
Hey. I actually picked Hagure as my anime of the season. The Main character is hands down the best we've had in ages.
Old 2012-09-26, 11:23   Link #622
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
I guess there are limits to the levels of Tsundere people can take o.o;;
For me yea, don't really care for the insecure types who never learn to open up to the guy they like.

I usually prefer the jealous type who turn the Tsun switch on more out of obvious jealousy than insecurity for not being able to speak your feelings. Sohara from SnO is a good example, having her occasional Tsun bitch fits, but can be pretty damn open about her love for Tomoki. Same with Tsukiumi from Sekirei.
Old 2012-09-26, 11:42   Link #623
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Everyone shares the same sentiment. A friend of mine said that if the YnS staff returns to make another animé, they better fucking grow a pair and actually return to what made them so awesome in the first place and not waste their talents on light novels like this.
Old 2012-09-26, 11:58   Link #624
Dorsai

In my opinion Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai, SnO, Sekirei are pretty much same... Poor quality of ecchi trash anime destroy pleasure of watching romance with tsundere girls... Its not like i cannot enjoy ecchi stuff, but most of them are really bad... No development till end, random plot for most time, first girl win sh1t, no conclusion in the end or harem end in most cases...
Old 2012-09-26, 12:26   Link #625
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
In my opinion Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai, SnO, Sekirei are pretty much same... Poor quality of ecchi trash anime destroy pleasure of watching romance with tsundere girls... Its not like i cannot enjoy ecchi stuff, but most of them are really bad... No development till end, random plot for most time, first girl win sh1t, no conclusion in the end or harem end in most cases...
That doesn't resemble Sekirei or SnO in anyway. And both make it pretty obvious that Harem end is the true end. Both situations warrant the girls stuck to the MC for life. Both are also known as Harem with very good plot.
Old 2012-09-26, 12:49   Link #626
Dorsai

SnO and good plot? Please... Seeing pantsu robot was enough for me to never try this anime again... They are examples of good plot? For who? 14-17 year teens?

Its not like that kind of anime cannot be enjoyable, but plot never was good point of them. And never will be...
Old 2012-09-26, 12:59   Link #627
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
SnO and good plot? Please... Seeing pantsu robot was enough for me to never try this anime again... They are examples of good plot? For who? 14-17 year teens?

Its not like that kind of anime cannot be enjoyable, but plot never was good point of them. And never will be...
Well, maybe for you, but you don't speak for the majority. There is a huge reason both get high praise and sold VERY well.
Old 2012-09-26, 13:17   Link #628
Dorsai

Both got high praise and sold VERY well, because they are good in this kind of anime (ecchi, relaxing- to watch without using your brain). But that still not means plot in them is good...

Its like film American Pie. One of best in his own film category, but still plot is not even average... Comparing it with masterpieces like Donnie Darco or Amadeus would be crime...

Harem end is cowardly move, because there is always one girl who is one step further then rest... There are always hints for it... But still creators are too afraid to follow path they choosed and run away in the end to please all shippers... I never saw real harem end, SnO isnt different in this aspect...

Last edited by Dorsai; 2012-09-26 at 13:27.
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 13:46   Link #629
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Harem end is cowardly move
Disagree, when the Harem end is done right. Nowadays, Harem shows have been diluted to the point where when you think of Harem end, you just think of an ending where the MC never chooses and the status quo goes on without acknowledging anything. This is a no choice ending, not a Harem ending. SnO is so far not a no choice with the simple fact that all of the girls are most likely stuck to him for life, so he WILL most likely be surrounded by the girls til he die unless something strange happens.

A True Harem ending is where its is firmly established that ALL of the harem members have become somewhat of a family base, and they have committed to sharing the MC. The most recent example we've had to this True Harem end is Campione.

Don't feel a real harem end is cowardly because making a "choice" defeats the entire point for the genre. If it was all about making a choice and choosing someone, it should have just stuck to using the romantic tags. And I think that takes more of a backbone to be able to make MULTIPLE girls commit and share you.
Old 2012-09-26, 14:09   Link #630
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

(true) Harem endings tend to not be very believable. Unless the harem lead happens to be a king or have something else that makes him extremely desirable. And that's where I stop talking about Campione and start talking about this.

I came here originally for the lulz and got the lulz. Then suddenly romance happened, so I stayed for the romance. I don't mind him falling for Lisara. I have mentioned before that love often doesn't make sense. Real life fact.

Aaaaand then we get Lisara refusing to take the relationship to the next level. Does she love the guy or not?

I seem to have a reputation for being easily amused, but the ending did not amuse me.

Its saving grace is that I stopped feeling something for Miina. She may not have gotten the guy, but apparently she awakened a little devil inside her, so she's going to be just fine.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:11   Link #631
Dorsai

Dengar you cant expect more from not finished LN adaptation... Next season will come, probably...

About SnO

First- his childhood friend isnt stuck to him for live. She is human.
Second- angeloids are, but still that not means he cant choose one girl whom he love the most. There is not only one kind of bond in this world. Just watched last episode from season 2 and its obvious that Ikaros is one step further then rest of girls...

Real true end harem not exist. There is always one girl leading, even if lead is the slightest... Campione? Lol LN is still not finished and there is just first season of anime, its too early to talk about harem end or not there... Can you predict future development in this LN/anime? Ofc not...

Lol harem tag means its romance with multiple girls falling in love with MC, but that not means it need to end without conclusion or with harem end. A lot of harem anime/manga end with one girl winning...
Old 2012-09-26, 14:21   Link #632
bastek66

Why world didn't stop looking like covered in moss?
bastek66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 14:23   Link #633
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

A wizard did it.
Old 2012-09-26, 14:38   Link #634
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Real true end harem not exist. There is always one girl leading, even if lead is the slightest...
This doesn't justify your stance at all.. Just cause a girl might be favorable in the MC's eye doesn't mean no feelings for the others exist. If feelings were strictly meant for one person, then cheating would never exist in this world. Godou literally is sharing feelings for both Erica and Lili at the moment, doesn't matter that feelings for erica might be stronger, point still stands that both are in his eye right now. The thing about fiction is that Harem can be made to work, ANYTHING can be made to work in fiction.

I agree with you Dengar that its usually unbelievable, but a GOOD harem series creates a case where it is believable and makes sense. In Sekirei for example, the MC's girls are literally bonded to his DNA, and in turn becomes attracted to him, sometimes without even knowing why themselves. Or like in Tenchi Muyo where the Harem presents political benefits since the MC is a important politcal figure, and different nations want one of their own married to him to make bonds for their nation. So in fiction, its not common, but has been done.

Quote:
Lol harem tag means its romance with multiple girls falling in love with MC, but that not means it need to end without conclusion or with harem end. A lot of harem anime/manga end with one girl winning...
It doesn't need to end like that, problem is that because Harems have been basically following the Love Hina formula, this is what everyone now expects of the harem, who will the MC choose instead of wondering how can he balance multiple girls after him.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:14   Link #635
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The problem with stories like that is that it's always obvious who the MC is going to choose right from episode 1.
Old 2012-09-26, 15:19   Link #636
Dorsai

It doesnt matter if its fiction or real life... Some basic stuff like love, feelings and relations between people never change. Do you know what licentia poetica means? You can create everything you want in world of fiction. But still you need to hold onto rules you created yourself... If you want real harem end feelings for all girls should be equal... Real equal. Outside factors like politcal issues, being stuck together etc etc shouldnt really matters. Its not how love work. If i see in anime hints that one girl is "special" then harem end is fictional.
Old 2012-09-26, 17:35   Link #637
Korps!
Ikarechimattaze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
She's so much of a Tsundere, the authors are so determined to fit her in a Tsundere box that it actually hurts to see this trainwreck excuse of a show. And let's not get started with the insistence, against every modicum of plot-development for the status quo to remain. Urgh.

2/10, worst this season, worse than Hagure, which at least had an interesting premise.
2/10, I agree, nothing more for that show, though to be honest even before it aired it wasn't going to break 3/10. They really did everything they could to make Lisara the unsufferable tsundere type in any case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
The problem with stories like that is that it's always obvious who the MC is going to choose right from episode 1.
That's the way light novels are designed, you need to define quickly your main ship, it's gonna be the selling point of the work after all. It's pandering cheap writing but some of them are more clever than others.
Korps! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 18:54   Link #638
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
If you want real harem end feelings for all girls should be equal... Real equal.
That's the thing though, just because you favor someone doesn't necessarily mean you LOVE them more. A case might be where one of the girls can understand the MC better than the others, in turn making it seem like he favors her, compared to the Tsundere who might have a harder time having casual chit-chat. That doesn't mean he might love the Tsundere any less.

But like Korps and Dengar has just mentioned above, you usually get a CLEAR sign that a series expects one girl to come out on top. A harem that's doing a good job of keeping the race pretty fair leaves you wondering who could actually be the most loved even if one girl seemed favored because its pretty fair. Problem is, we just don't get shows like that anymore.

Quote:
If i see in anime hints that one girl is "special" then harem end is fictional.
Nothing wrong with that, this is fictional stories we're talking about. Anime lets people see things that usually aren't realistic, and that's why many people like it, it fulfills our need for fantasy.
Old 2012-09-26, 18:55   Link #639
Insane
Banned

Studio, director, and all staffs in the charge had worked very hard for the sake of their work, and yet i heard that they hardly get the profits they deserved to. Now i wonder why people keep complaining about their work while in reality, we don't even pay anything to enjoy their hardwork, not even thanks towards their dedication to bring out their work into us. Simply put, if you don't like it, then don't watch it. No need for bitching or trashing the work just because you don't like it.
P.S. Please don't take it personally, it's just my 2 cents anyway.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 19:13   Link #640
Tenchi Ryu
True Harem End or BUST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Simply put, if you don't like it, then don't watch it.
Not a good statement because its not like people came into this not liking it. The problem is that people DID like it, then it changed to the point of being a bad watch. IMO, they have every right to critic it. Japan watches this on television free, just like we do on the net. When you make a product that deals with entertainment, must be prepared for it to receive judgement, which can be anywhere in the world now since the internet has become a huge thing.

And people who watched this might have been planning on buying it since its now licensed, so they could have just saved themselves some money.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, science fiction, shounen