Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-02-28, 11:35   Link #2421
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
So... How much faith are people putting in Titanfall again? Lol...
MS is betting on it for some reason.

Then again, Sony seem to make Destiny a bigger deal than it should be, so I have to be fair and say both sides are doing too much hyping.
Old 2014-02-28, 11:40   Link #2422
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
I mean specifically the part about EA publishing it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 12:54   Link #2423
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
So... How much faith are people putting in Titanfall again? Lol...
Quote:
I mean specifically the part about EA publishing it
I'm not a call of duty/battlefield player but I was going to get it at launch (even though it's an EA game) just because it seemed interesting; or at least different.

Not getting it anymore. Depending on how things pan out probably never because the multiplayer system these FPS'es use is riddled with DLC anyway that just worse and worse over time.
Old 2014-03-01, 19:13   Link #2424
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Titan Fall a game with big mechs that cannot punch through or blow buildings. Booooo!
Old 2014-03-02, 00:18   Link #2425
takai
Easy Muffin

Just purchased my One yesterday. And I'm completely loving it. It legitimately feels like a next generation experience, not only just in graphics, but the Kinect and the interface the system has just blows me away. And with Titanfall only 2 weeks away, this thing is worth every penny.

Currently playing Thief on it right now, which also looks great.
takai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 06:05   Link #2426
Sagi

Right now its not worth getting a xbox one in my opinion. There are no must have games, the only game that's worth getting is Titan Fall but I already have a pc capable of running it, and lets not talk about the price cause is too expensive.
Sagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 04:45   Link #2427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Microsoft is using your data to target political ads on Xbox Live

Quote:
Microsoft is trying to persuade politicians to take out targeted ads on Xbox Live, Skype, MSN and other company platforms as midterm elections begin heating up around the country. To plug the idea, Microsoft officials handed out promotional materials Thursday at CPAC, the annual conference for conservatives.

It's the latest move by tech companies to seize a piece of the lucrative political ad market. The ads, which would appear on the Xbox Live dashboard and other Microsoft products, combine Microsoft user IDs and other public data to build a profile of Xbox users. Campaigns can then blast ads to selected demographic categories, or to specific congressional districts. And if the campaign brings its own list of voter e-mail addresses, Microsoft can match the additional data with individual customer accounts for even more accurate voter targeting.

The image of white male teens as the stereotypical average gamer is something of a myth; Microsoft says that of its 25 million Xbox Live subscribers in the United States, 38 percent are women. Forty percent are married, and more than half have children. Those numbers are important, because they represent key demographics that are among the most contested in political races. Microsoft is particularly aggressive in selling its ability to reach women, Latinos and millennials; across the company's other platforms, such as MSN, Microsoft has developed consumer categories like "Ciudad Strivers" and "Nuevo Horizons" that attempt to describe a set of characteristics including age, type of residence and income level. At a time when virtually all politicians are resorting to microtargeting, this technology could help Microsoft become a major player in the advertising space.
Old 2014-03-09, 09:24   Link #2428
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

"Hey we heard you like flamewars political debates and ads so we put some in your gaming experience so you too can kill your team mates for disagreeing with you, argue over it with 12 year olds and curse more (probably piss of your friends too)." — xBone, premium ads experience
Old 2014-03-09, 10:14   Link #2429
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Is the SpyBox One still a thing? lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-09, 12:06   Link #2430
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Is the SpyBox One still a thing? lol
In the US to my understanding the NSA currently has the "right" to force any hardware/software manufacturer to insert various spy nonsense in their products, or face accusations of treason (which are undefended more or less). This has gone all the way to really really well known security firms and solutions.

Now if you had a product that was, to give xbone the benefit of a doubt here, forced into spying on your customers don't you think they would just go ahead and use the data themselves under the clause of "well we didn't want to do it, the big bad NSA forced us to collect this data and store it on OUR servers; don't worry we would never ACCIDENTALLY sell your data to third parties"

I would be surprised if something like what was happening to yahoo chat, ie. a screenshot was taken constantly and sent to the NSA, isn't already happening with xbone at the moment.
Old 2014-03-09, 23:37   Link #2431
greensoulreaper
こんにちは

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagi View Post
Right now its not worth getting a xbox one in my opinion. There are no must have games, the only game that's worth getting is Titan Fall but I already have a pc capable of running it, and lets not talk about the price cause is too expensive.
Not to mention under powered as well. A couple games have been down scaled just to perform well on the system. For "next gen", they should have done better with the hardware architecture. I was dead set on getting PS4 and skipping Xbox One for this gen, but honestly, if it were as powerful as the PS4, I might have at least considered getting it sometime in the future. But not anymore, just doesn't seem like a worthy investment to me. If you currently own a decent gaming rig, stick to that for now. I think a lot, if not all, of Xbox "exclusives" are going to be available on PC anyways.
greensoulreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-10, 00:16   Link #2432
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Xbox’s Phil Spencer says Games with Gold is “fundamentally different” than PlayStation Plus
Quote:
Spencer is clearly referring to Sony’s competitive PlayStation Plus program, which gives users access to a collection of free games, but locks them out if their subscription expires. Microsoft allowing you to keep the games even when your subscription expires has an impact on what games it can include in Games with Gold, Spencer said.

According to Polygon, however, Spencer said that he’s “playing a more active role in picking franchises that show up in Games with Gold, and I think you'll see something that feels at least more true to what I think Games with Gold should look like with the constraints that are there."

Games with Gold is currently available for Xbox 360 only. At the start of February, Spencer said that we could expect to hear about Games with Gold reaching Xbox One "fairly soon".
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbo.../1100-6418195/

comments: uuuuuu.....free games that you can keep, but that's only games that they choose
to be gold. micro$oft is soooo awesome! free games that they choose for us? damn! aren't
they being SO kind.
Old 2014-03-10, 00:17   Link #2433
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Worse come to worse I know I have a friend who would probably get one, but Xbone hasn't even launched in my home country yet, and there's no way I'm dropping another half a grand on a gaming machine by myself here.

Hopefully Remedy's new IP would be out on PC eventually as well.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post

comments: uuuuuu.....free games that you can keep, but that's only games that they choose
to be gold. micro$oft is soooo awesome! free games that they choose for us? damn! aren't
they being SO kind.
The problem is more like their selection kinda sucks...
Old 2014-03-12, 04:03   Link #2434
Westlo
Lets be reality

dead rising 2 was the only time they selected a decent game I didn't have.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 14:35   Link #2435
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

More gamertag trolling
Old 2014-03-18, 16:49   Link #2436
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Xbox One coming to 26 more markets in September

Quote:
Find the full list of September countries below:
  • Argentina
  • Belgium
  • Chile
  • Colombia
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Finland
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • India
  • Israel
  • Japan
  • Korea
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Russia
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Singapore
  • Slovakia
  • South Africa
  • Sweden
  • Switzerland
  • Turkey
  • UAE
Old 2014-03-18, 16:58   Link #2437
Dextro
He Without a Title

YEY! We get the One here in Portugal. And only one year later than the more powerful competition! Look at the amount of not caring that I'm giving.

I'm seriously curious to see how gimped the system will be outside the launch countries. The 360 was already seriously gimped here with virtually nothing but online multiplayer when it came to online support.
Old 2014-03-19, 00:35   Link #2438
BassGSnewtype
The Sword of Darkness

Even the Care Bears would be hard pressed to make you care.
Old 2014-03-21, 15:25   Link #2439
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Ex-Microsoft creative director discusses the "Internet hate phenomenon"
Adam Orth, who left Microsoft after his Xbox One "deal with it" comments drew controversy, talks about "Internet toxicity" at GDC this week.
Quote:
"I was becoming the next victim of the Internet hate phenomenon. It was an absolute feeding frenzy. My public and private life was fair game," he said, as reported by GamesIndustry International. "People began to distance themselves from me. I was dejected, ashamed, and embarrassed. I destroyed my career and feared being blacklisted by the industry. I went from income to no income."

Orth received death threats and some people even wished cancer upon him and his child, he said. But he's not worried about the potential for Internet threats to materialize into real-world violence. Instead, he said it's seriously sad that society has "regressed" to a point where the kind of behavior and comments sent his way are acceptable when someone has an opinion other than their own.

"Most developers don't even raise an eyebrow at this because this is the new normal. As an industry we've become desensitized to this insane behavior because it's overwhelming, ubiquitous, and unstoppable. Somehow we've devolved while moving forward, and there's no going back," he said.

Orth explained that he's seen an "us versus them" theme rise to the surface between developers and players. This negative trend has the potential to spiral even further out of control, he said.

"It's chilling," he said, recalling a quote from one developer he spoke with saying this issue "represents a total breakdown of how our industry fundamentally functions and foreshadows possible dark times ahead. Internet toxicity has the power to sh** on something beautiful and destroy it."
Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ex-.../1100-6418465/
comments: "DEAL WITH IT!"

Last edited by Xefi; 2014-03-21 at 15:55.
Xefi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-21, 16:41   Link #2440
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Ex-Microsoft creative director discusses the "Internet hate phenomenon"
Adam Orth, who left Microsoft after his Xbox One "deal with it" comments drew controversy, talks about "Internet toxicity" at GDC this week.

Source: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ex-.../1100-6418465/
comments: "DEAL WITH IT!"
In all honesty, what he did, deserve massive feedback against him. Though I agree it is overboard right now, however, at the same time I believe that it is needed. Its a wake up call to the gaming industry. You do not disrespect your customers and expect no retaliation. Thinking about it, the gaming industry's return in investment is the customers, you think that it would be obvious to respect the customers.

Customers easily destroyed Mass Effect 3 and EA, now customers easily destroyed Xbox 1 and Microsoft. Its a wake up call, we're not going to take it.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote