AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 7 12.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 18.18%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 16.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 23.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.91%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 7.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.82%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-09-06, 00:32   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S, Episode 21.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Pellissier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 02:17   Link #2
Sumeragi
Banned

Now, let the next phase of the plan begin!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 06:05   Link #3
mark1246

Previews of Railgun S Episode 21
>Someone is trying to retrieve Febli and the frog-faced doctor said Febli is a scientifically created artificial object. The situation around Febli only grows more suspicious.
>Misaka tells Mikoto of the existence of Febli's "older sister" and the traces of the "Testament". With hints the dark side is possibly involved, Mikoto decides she cannot tell Saten and the others, but an offhand comment from Kongou leads them all to decide to save Febli.
>Not even Anti-Skill can touch the deep darkness of Academy City. Now that they know it exists, Saten and the others immediately beginning thinking up a plan to save Febli.
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 09:58   Link #4
zaeraal

Damn, there was too much complicated talking to fully understand what they were saying.
But the ending definitely gave me goosebumps, I can't wait till subtitles.

But I am a bit happy Mikoto decided to share at least a part of the information regarding Febli with her friends.
And I have that feelling Febli is also some clone... even though Gekota Doctor said she is not human.

Now with the time limit on Febli's life and ITEM back, next episodes are surely going to be interesting.
(Sadly we don't have any previews for them yet)

PS: WOAH, IS THAT SATEN WITH A SKIRT? (Other than her school uniform?)

Maybe it's her serious mode when she wears a skirt
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 10:04   Link #5
Haru-kun

Looks like Beatrice sound-alike is joining the fray
Haru-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 11:35   Link #6
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Date check. The day must be really long as there doesn't seem to be any change in the sunlight so still August 27. The date issue can probably be saved now but not this mess that they did.

What the hell, Nagai. Misaka telling them that she got involved in the darkness. That completely ruins the point of the Remnant arc. And they just accept it and will save the day later on with the power of friendship. Not even Misaka Imouto or ITEM in the preview can save this episode. Not even Accelerator or Touma cameo can save this arc.
And to even consider these geeks to be part of the darkness. What a joke.

To think Sisters was a perfect adaptation.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 11:52   Link #7
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by belatkuro View Post
Date check. The day must be really long as there doesn't seem to be any change in the sunlight so still August 27. The date issue can probably be saved now but not this mess that they did.

What the hell, Nagai. Misaka telling them that she got involved in the darkness. That completely ruins the point of the Remnant arc. And they just accept it and will save the day later on with the power of friendship. Not even Misaka Imouto or ITEM in the preview can save this episode. Not even Accelerator or Touma cameo can save this arc.
And to even consider these geeks to be part of the darkness. What a joke.

To think Sisters was a perfect adaptation.
I liked 4chan's ending and many descriptions of Nagai.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 11:59   Link #8
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I'm not sure why you're blaming the director for the story or script -- it's not like he wrote it. This is just like when people blame J.C. Staff for similar things when they're in charge of animation and the writers don't even work for them. Why do people always look for a single target to blame for everything, and why is it always the person or organization who is at best peripherally related to the issue? Is it so hard to look up who the writer is?
Old 2013-09-06, 12:09   Link #9
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I'm not sure why you're blaming the director for the story or script -- it's not like he wrote it. This is just like when people blame J.C. Staff for similar things when they're in charge of animation and the writers don't even work for them. Why do people always look for a single target to blame for everything, and why is it always the person or organization who is at best peripherally related to the issue? Is it so hard to look up who the writer is?
So far, manga readers pointed out how Nagai and his team aren't consistent regarding story lines and characters personalities causing difference between the two versions of the series.

Also, Nagai was the one who was excited to start this new arc that sets the mood back to that of the first season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I liked 4chan's ending and many descriptions of Nagai.
Mind telling them?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 12:13   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

You are!
Yep
From that time!
That's right!
Who were you again?

Sponsor's Card: I~ won't~ forget~
On purpose?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 12:22   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Also, Nagai was the one who was excited to start this new arc that sets the mood back to that of the first season.
It's just PR. He was excited about doing the Sisters arc and to do it properly to meet the expectation of the manga fans. He's excited about doing this arc because it's more in tone with the first season. (He also said he was excited about adapting some of the arcs and characters in the future, if he gets the chance.) He has to seem excited about everything because he wants to keep as many fans of the first anime season as happy as possible. What do you expect him to say?

It doesn't change the fact that he didn't write this arc, and he's certainly not responsible for whatever small transgressions and details there are in the script that don't align exactly with the original source. This is why the production committee hired writers, and the Dengeki editors work with them on the script. The director doesn't have the time to be getting into the weeds that much.
Old 2013-09-06, 12:26   Link #12
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Mind telling them?
Sure. It's all in good fun.
Quote:
>Railgun S finale
>Saten saves the day again with a bat
>Final scene is having them eat and say DELICIOUS in the field of clovers while Haruue brings along her ricecooker while Uiharu cry with her for no apparent reason as she is with Edasaki
Anyway, this episode... I can't believe she is back.

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2013-09-06 at 12:38.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 12:55   Link #13
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It' be entertaining if Saten-san brings out her super bat of death again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Anyway, this episode... I can't believe she is back.
Mikoto: Who was she again?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 13:20   Link #14
zaeraal

Quote:

Mind telling them?
Uhm, Febli turns out to be some "being" that was created for the sole purpose of experimenting on her.
On top of that she is slowly and painfully dying in front of her friends and even Gekota Doctor can't help her.
And if they don't find a way to fix it, she dies for real.

I am not sure what part of this goes with "mood similar to that of the first season."

So as for the Nagai stuff, I think it is pointless blaming everything on him.
I am going to wait for subtitles to fully comment on this, but you know, he is not alone on this project.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 15:07   Link #15
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Uhm, Febli turns out to be some "being" that was created for the sole purpose of experimenting on her.
On top of that she is slowly and painfully dying in front of her friends and even Gekota Doctor can't help her.
And if they don't find a way to fix it, she dies for real.

I am not sure what part of this goes with "mood similar to that of the first season."
They're taking too long to get into that part that was already obvious, they spend their time playing and doing stuff since Sisters arc ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
So as for the Nagai stuff, I think it is pointless blaming everything on him.
I am going to wait for subtitles to fully comment on this, but you know, he is not alone on this project.
lol, I said Nagai and his 'team'. That includes the amaaaaazing writers they can hire.

Last edited by Birdway; 2013-09-06 at 17:00.
Old 2013-09-06, 15:28   Link #16
SilverTalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Previews of Railgun S Episode 21
>Someone is trying to retrieve Febli and the frog-faced doctor said Febli is a scientifically created artificial object. The situation around Febli only grows more suspicious.
>Misaka tells Mikoto of the existence of Febli's "older sister" and the traces of the "Testament". With hints the dark side is possibly involved, Mikoto decides she cannot tell Saten and the others, but an offhand comment from Kongou leads them all to decide to save Febli.
>Not even Anti-Skill can touch the deep darkness of Academy City. Now that they know it exists, Saten and the others immediately beginning thinking up a plan to save Febli.
You left out quite a bit. The candy is to neutralize the poison in Febli and she has 72 hours worth left. The candy can't be reproduced even by Heaven Canceler and they will have to get the information from those that made it. The hair in the purple prism isn't Febli's but [likely] her sisters. HC sends Mikoto to see Thelestina as the quickest link to the dark side. Mikoto also learns that Nunotaba is involved and wonder's what she wanted Mikoto to do by loading her name into Febli.

And I don't think Mikoto telling them about the dark side is important for future events. Mikoto didn't tell them about 'her' dark side, just that there is one, so I think there is some massive over-reaction going on.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 15:34   Link #17
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I want to take this opportunity right now to remind manga readers that there is a thread right here to discuss the anime as it relates to future manga content, so please do not get further into the impact of this episode on things not yet revealed in the anime, as these are inappropriate spoilers.
Old 2013-09-06, 16:44   Link #18
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This was so cool. I got 2 wisdom teeth pulled literally 15 minutes after the episode ended so I couldn't comment until now. I was also on general Anasthesia so if I say something clearly wrong, please forgive me.

This episode started kind of slow. But it looked pretty serious and somber. Then we saw Mikoto talking to Kongou and worrying about her friends. THen a while later she decided to tell her friends some of the real details behind what is going on. The existence of the darkness of the city is finally being affirmed at least somewhat hmmmm... and I thought Mikoto talked with 10032 but that might have been a flashback.

The episode was relatively tense and dark in undertone. Then we got to the last few minutes and I suddenly heard this super ominous music out of nowhere while Mikoto was talking to Heaven Canceller (the doctor) and I was thinking to myself... um... ok... then I saw Mikoto going down underground and I was thinking something weird must be going on...

Then we get Ms. Terestina Kihara back. That already made my day. I was wondering about her reappearance actually eventually. (If she would) Now we get that this episode, plus an episode of ITEM in the preview for next episode.

I mean seriously guys: just because we didn't get the arc you all wanted, doesn't make this a bad arc at all.

I am definitely rather enjoying it.

I can't wait for the rest of it. I love more appearances of ITEM I have to say. I also like Kihara appearances as well. This will be the second one in Railgun, well technically the third one if you count the flashback to Gensei in episode 24 of the first season. So I'm enjoying this!

Anyway, it is very true that first season fans should be enjoying the show as well and that the staff should just as equally cater to them. I mean seriously, they clearly can't cater to both parts of the franchise at the same time and they can't abandon the people who liked the first season. Anyway, there wasn't anything wrong with the first season! The graphics just weren't as good as this season Last season I actually preferred the anime-original arc to the first one... just saying. The only difference between this season and last season is that the Sisters arc is much longer so there is a lot less time for developing a rich story for this second arc, but that doesn't mean it has to be bad. It doesn't have to be about fighting 100% of the time. Sheesh.

By nature, Railgun is a slow paced show. Even the sisters arc was pretty slow paced compared to what it could have been IMO. The slow pacing is one of my favorite parts about it because it takes the time to pay attention to minute details even if they might not be important later. This is one of the most important aspects of something called world-building

Anyway, I wash my hands of all the criticism I was giving before to slice of life. It is just a different type of story. If you know you don't like it, just watch the parts of it that you like.

Also Zaarael brought up a very good point, this arc is significantly darker than season 1 and has a very different tone. So pretty much IMO all criticism I've heard has been unwarranted.

This episode was truly excellent 10/10. I can't wait for subtitles! This is the most excited I was after seeing an episode since episode 16.

And... oh yeah, I'm curious as to what the scientists were saying at the end of the episode.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 16:59   Link #19
Birdway
Banned

You are too high Dnib, get some rest.
Old 2013-09-06, 17:11   Link #20
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
You are too high Dnib, get some rest.