AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-13, 10:12   Link #1181
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
All the more reason to push a moderately thought-out fic through first than an elaborately thought-out but bound to miss something profile...
Well I was trying... although it's easily ret-conned. Not my fault I get easily side-tracked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
For a change, a different target.

Spoiler:

Though I'm not really taht annoyed with you.
Aww, and I thought I was going to get a true 'Kha breaker'
Quote:
Well pretty much none of us were milotakus until you guys came so errors will come up.
*shrug* Although I think there was more a problem translation wise than anything.... That and the fact that I'm probably semi- milotaku myself
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:12   Link #1182
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
At least the milotakus write crack that makes sense.
You say that like crack needs to make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
And yet mil-otaku crack tends to not resemble Nanoha if they're not carefull.
QFT

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:22   Link #1183
Aaron008R

Crack is subjective? It's all about how you people crack your heads over it?

On another note, I feel like writing some young!Aurion Enforcer Mission scenarios.:3
I guess I need to try try squeezing in some writing time in my work schedule...

@PhoenixG: Very funny...>.>

[IRC]/me punts Phean![IRC]

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:30   Link #1184
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Mil-otaku crack covers a wide spectrum, wider than even Nanoha I was referring to Gundam SEED Tactics, where the forces of OCT lead the charge against Patrick Zala and ZAFT's GENESIS using the Macross Cadia, with Signum as the Captain.

I've got all sorts of crack. Like the epilogue to TF6, which features Bunny! Shamal, Bunny! Tesla, Bunny! Naomi, Bunny! Emili, and of course, for GREAT JUSTICE:

BUNNY SIGNUM.

And the crowds go wild.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:36   Link #1185
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
On another note, I feel like writing some young!Aurion Enforcer Mission scenarios.:3
Me wants , Aurion made such an impact on me that at every pic i see of Kiritsugu(nt sure about spelling) instead of the original person, the first thing that comes to mind is, Aurion lol

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 10:43   Link #1186
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Not just milotakus, but any otaku would have to be very careful, the more reasonable people will try their best to stay true to Nanoha. Others get carried away to the point it's not Nanoha anymore but Dragon Ball/Sailor Moon/Stargate/Babylon 5/Warhammer/D&D/Touhou/Guilty Gear/Nasuverse*insert franchise here* with Nanoha bits stuck together with duct tape.

I cant remember how many character concept I have scratched because I felt that they would NOT fit.

Bottom line is, anyone can fall in this trap, not just milotaku.

PS: Right now, I am reading the pdf file of Dungeons & Dragons 4, as a player who like Big Stupid Fighters, it's the best Dungeons & Dragons ever. Otoh, wizards may feel shafted, but now they have spells they can cast at will, others they can cast once an encounter, or others they can have once a day. Wizards of the Coast/TSR is likely aiming to emulate what happens in fantasy movies/TV series and anime. hell, there are even a feature allowing the player characters to get on their feet for one last ditch effort when they are badly wounded (Second Wind).
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 11:31   Link #1187
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I just realized something in my own creation that I missed earlier: MILOtakus. I'm so not gonna drink that.

And the latest Aaronkhrack was a little stale (since as Nana's fan I've seen it before), but Anita came up with a better idea...

...and filming for the graduating Class 3-B in a special memorial video is now underway...

...will the Forwards by surprised by the transformation Fate undergoes everytime she picks up the mike! And it's backed by Soundstage! XD
Old 2008-06-13, 11:45   Link #1188
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
MILOtakus.

Spoiler for The superior Milo:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 11:52   Link #1189
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post

[Ding Dong]

Outer Cadia wishes to bring you a very special reminder:

Spoiler for What they all have in common:

Remember, never judge a book by it's cover. And always look before you leap.

[Ding Dong]

*RUNS FASTER*
LOL
I actually recognize a good chunk of them

Quote:
Which is fixed at the beginning of the universe. -_-

EDIT: Now we are tagged "Peace through Crack"? The Rebellion is going along better than I expected.
Mmmm....crack

Quote:
I see some traps I don't recognise... got a name list, or at least a show list to go with it? :3
*gasp*

Some Keroko even doesn't recognize?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
*hammers Kha with Goldion and drags him away*

Study for xmas sake!
*waves*

Glad you're making use of that Goldion Hammer I gave you

Quote:
I just realized something in my own creation that I missed earlier: MILOtakus. I'm so not gonna drink that.
*facepalms*

-----------

And on a side note...being in a car accident SUCKS. Takes freakin' forever to deal with the insurance companies... -_-
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 11:59   Link #1190
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
And on a side note...being in a car accident SUCKS. Takes freakin' forever to deal with the insurance companies... -_-
Damm. Everything alright on your end?
Liingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 12:07   Link #1191
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Damm. Everything alright on your end?
Physically, I'm fine. A little shaken up still though. Not signs of injury I think. At worse, minor whiplash but nothing eyt. Got a co-worker to help tie down my trunk since it now refuses to close . Right now I'm waiting on the other party's claim adjuster to come in 2 business days to evaluate the damage and all that fun stuff. After that...need to find a shop and then I'm out of a car until it's repaired. Hopefully I can get a rental or something
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 12:09   Link #1192
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Physically, I'm fine. A little shaken up still though. Not signs of injury I think. At worse, minor whiplash but nothing eyt. Got a co-worker to help tie down my trunk since it now refuses to close . Right now I'm waiting on the other party's claim adjuster to come in 2 business days to evaluate the damage and all that fun stuff. After that...need to find a shop and then I'm out of a car until it's repaired. Hopefully I can get a rental or something
I've been out of a car since my accident for like almost half a year now...
Hopefully it won't be too bad
Old 2008-06-13, 12:30   Link #1193
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I've been out of a car since my accident for like almost half a year now...
Hopefully it won't be too bad
Wait....wasn't that the time that the front end of your car rammed into something? And then Satashi made a one-shot out of it?
ghazghkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 12:49   Link #1194
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
Wait....wasn't that the time that the front end of your car rammed into something? And then Satashi made a one-shot out of it?
Actually now that you mention it...
Old 2008-06-13, 15:04   Link #1195
Satty
Slash!

Quote:
Ouch...that's gotta suck...on another note:

I'm done with my 2nd year in high school today...it felt pretty short. Point is, I'll now be coming back to the OC thread now...

(Maybe this wasn't a good time...)
Satty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 17:59   Link #1196
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
At least the milotakus write crack that makes sense.
*TK reminds Goose of Joint Training...* Don't get too full of yourself buddy.

Quote:
I mean, yeah, Signum captaining the Macross Cadia, firing the Macross Cannon codenamed Sturm Falken makes lots of sense. Yeah. Really.
... -_-

Quote:
Acutally I find allot of it stays closer then other sorts of crack mostly becasue Miltaku tend to be realism nazi's and so are reluctant to put to page anything utterly outlandish. Which can have it's own problems, but on the whole as a group I find them less prone to truly outrageous excesses then many types of authors.

Quote:
Mil-otaku crack covers a wide spectrum, wider than even Nanoha I was referring to Gundam SEED Tactics, where the forces of OCT lead the charge against Patrick Zala and ZAFT's GENESIS using the Macross Cadia, with Signum as the Captain.
You know you really ARE just as bad as Kha only in different areas... I make a piece of fiction which as a minor in joke includes a ship captain that vaugely resembles Signum, but is otherwise pretty much as close to canon as I can manage and then you hijack it, remove all self restraint, and turn the lunacy dial to 11...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Not just milotakus, but any otaku would have to be very careful, the more reasonable people will try their best to stay true to Nanoha. Others get carried away to the point it's not Nanoha anymore but Dragon Ball/Sailor Moon/Stargate/Babylon 5/Warhammer/D&D/Touhou/Guilty Gear/Nasuverse*insert franchise here* with Nanoha bits stuck together with duct tape.

I cant remember how many character concept I have scratched because I felt that they would NOT fit.

Bottom line is, anyone can fall in this trap, not just milotaku.
Indeed though IMO the fans of some genre are more prone to this others... (glances at the fans of several absurdly popular Shōnen franchises) That maybe an age factor as well though as frankly the younger the writer the less self control or logic I tend to see going into things. I'd really almost say people just shouldn't write FF until they hit college, but you do run across that rare jewel of a teenager that has enough sense to create something balanced and interesting indeed we have one or two in this very thread, and I suppose that even if it sucks it's good that they're writing SOMETHING.

Quote:
I prefer Miltaku myself sounds cooler rolls off tongue better.

Quote:
Well that's good to hear and yeah dealing with Insurance companies is an exercise in hair pulling. My dad got rear ended in a PARKING LOT recently and it took them the better part of a fucking month just to show up and inspect the damage never mind to pay up so we could get the damn thing into a shop.

I've never had an accident (or even a parking ticket) myself my sister Crash meanwhile got a ticket for driving too late on a provisional licence, totaled a new Sebring about two years ago (Got distracted and ran it into an along a concrete freeway divider for about a hundred meters...), and then ran her jeep off the road and had to be towed back on last winter (car wasn't damaged though just stuck in snow)... You want to know what's bullshit though? After all that my insurance is STILL higher then hers since I'm a "dangerous male" AKA under the age of 25.

Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 18:31   Link #1197
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
That maybe an age factor as well though as frankly the younger the writer the less self control or logic I tend to see going into things.
Example: Yours truly has the distinct dishonor of having written no less than two Megacrosses of utterly epic proportions when he was about 10 or so... epic only in the number of characters included for no reason other than to have them there, and epic in the physical pain it would inflict on any reader with an IQ greater than 10 just to look upon it. Written in Caps Lock, no semblance of plot or any sense put into the story whatsoever, horrendous spelling and punctuation, basically the whole shit-encrusted nine yards. Thank god for English classes.

I actually wish I'd kept them around instead of deleting them; that way I could post them here and we could all point and laugh and get an Ego boost from how much better all our stuff is than how mine used to be.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 19:08   Link #1198
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
*TK reminds Goose of Joint Training...* Don't get too full of yourself buddy.
Totally forgot that. Old shame, old shame! Though in my defence the idea was sound, only the execution wasn't so good (memo to self: Red Cell's MO under Marcinko is NOT how to do things).

Quote:
Acutally I find allot of it stays closer then other sorts of crack mostly becasue Miltaku tend to be realism nazi's and so are reluctant to put to page anything utterly outlandish. Which can have it's own problems, but on the whole as a group I find them less prone to truly outrageous excesses then many types of authors.
Mostly IMO it's because miltakus tend to be dealing a lot with stuff that's already quantified, like muzzle velocity, ballistics, missile stats, etc etc, so they've already got a greater grounding in realism.

That said when a miltaku decides to cast off realism and throw caution to the solar winds, he can be very, very dangerous.

Quote:
You know you really ARE just as bad as Kha only in different areas... I make a piece of fiction which as a minor in joke includes a ship captain that vaugely resembles Signum, but is otherwise pretty much as close to canon as I can manage and then you hijack it, remove all self restraint, and turn the lunacy dial to 11...
This was partly a subtle jab at Kha with all his "I have the high ground Goose" and all that. That said I don't really have any intentions of using the Macross Cadia, simply because it'd be too much of a pain in the ass for independant operations, Enterprise, by virtue of being a Saratoga subvariant carrier, would definately be a much better choice; this was IRC stuff that sorta slipped in. (Basically I wanted to make the final attack on GENESIS be a redux of Episode 7, with Aaron charging in and shooting up crap, TK and Lowe blasting away with Armored Pack beercan spam, and Signum bringing the Cadia in for a Macross Cannon shot.) The final product will be a lot saner, though as one change - and one only - Zig Flight will upgrade to VF-25s instead of YVF-26s.

I'm trying out how it is to be kha. I can understand part of why he writes khrack now. There's a sort of rush that one gets when creating craziness.

Quote:
Indeed though IMO the fans of some genre are more prone to this others... (glances at the fans of several absurdly popular Shōnen franchises) That maybe an age factor as well though as frankly the younger the writer the less self control or logic I tend to see going into things. I'd really almost say people just shouldn't write FF until they hit college, but you do run across that rare jewel of a teenager that has enough sense to create something balanced and interesting indeed we have one or two in this very thread, and I suppose that even if it sucks it's good that they're writing SOMETHING.
Generally, if you're not writing anything, you can't improve. I first got to know the Trollbitch Kat in the Gatekeepers 21 fandom, where she was writing and asked for feedback. Between 2003 and 2007, she wrote nothing, while I kept churning out bits and pieces here and there, and she kept complaining about how she sucked when she wouldn't write to improve herself. (Though IMO there were bigger issues at play, but that's neither here nor there.)

Quote:
I prefer Miltaku myself sounds cooler rolls off tongue better.
Kha was referring to Milo. I used to drink it a lot but now slowed down a fair bit. It's fairly chocolaty.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 21:28   Link #1199
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Spice is what makes life a bit more liveable, and if Khrack is a spice, why not have some?

Granted a addict will need lots to reach the same kick.
Old 2008-06-14, 03:53   Link #1200
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
One must remember that one of the prerequisits to something going wrong around crash is that there has to be something that can go wrong.

Likewise between himself, Reinforce Zwei, and the Wolkies... you must first identify something that would have a high probability of breaking in the first place.

In the case of Rein... She actively Unisons with people, yet there is always a moderate risk of unknowns not being compatable. And there's always a risk of incompatabilities reacting like matter to antimatter.

With the Wolkies, there isn't really anything innately mechanical that can 'go wrong' unless you start bludgoning them to death with a baseball bat.
Of course, there is a MINOR chance that with Crash's probability enhancement, he could turn and point at someone while talking, and accidently poke... say... Signum in the breast. And she would react in a violent (And rather uncharacteristly impulsive) manner to the unwelcome touch. (Ken Akamatsu style.) And such reaction would result in Crash getting his ass kicked through a few walls only to come out of it going "WHAT'D I DO?!" While at the same time Signum would recover and be like "What did I just do? WHY did I just do that?"
I see. And the above scenario needs to be written down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
But Crash is more fun when he doesn't have a clue what's really going on.
Agreed.

Quote:

I've got all sorts of crack. Like the epilogue to TF6, which features Bunny! Shamal, Bunny! Tesla, Bunny! Naomi, Bunny! Emili, and of course, for GREAT JUSTICE:

BUNNY SIGNUM.

And the crowds go wild.
*claps hands* I rest my case.

Quote:
*gasp*

Some Keroko even doesn't recognize?
It means I've never seen the anime in question.

Quote:
Whew, good to know that you're okay. You could always use public transportation in the mean time.

Quote:
Actually, realism is one of the problems. When miltaku's aren't carefull, their stories can end up being too realistic, removing the fantasy elements and filling with a lot of technobable or military bable the rest will be left scratching their heads at. Stuff that would happen in the anime doesn't, and what wouldn't happen does, because it's more realistic.

Now, this doesn't happen all the time, but it does ocasionally.

Quote:
I've never had an accident (or even a parking ticket) myself my sister Crash meanwhile got a ticket for driving too late on a provisional licence, totaled a new Sebring about two years ago (Got distracted and ran it into an along a concrete freeway divider for about a hundred meters...), and then ran her jeep off the road and had to be towed back on last winter (car wasn't damaged though just stuck in snow)... You want to know what's bullshit though? After all that my insurance is STILL higher then hers since I'm a "dangerous male" AKA under the age of 25.
Oh, the irony...

I myself hate driving cars. I don't know why, but I just can't get myself to like sitting in the drivers seat of one pasengers seat is fine, but when it comes to driving I'd rather take my bike anyday.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-06-14 at 06:49.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content