AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2009-06-30, 21:07   Link #1
GlugMan

Japanese Text Display Problems

Hi everyone,

I've gotten my hands on some Japanese visual novels to get some more practice with the language and because they're awesome, but I'm having trouble getting my computer to show the Japanese text at all... what I'm seeing right now is nonsense text like this:

Spoiler:

In Shuffle!, the menus display correctly but the game text and menu windows don't.

Spoiler:

On the other hand, in Kanon the game text works, while all the menus are nonsense.

Spoiler:

Here's a screenshot of my current language settings. I installed the files for East Asian Languages from the Windows XP Service Pack 1 disc rather than the SP2 disc, but I doubt that the difference could be that great between them, especially since these games are older than XP.

Any advice on how to fix this would be much appreciated! Thanks!
GlugMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 22:07   Link #2
Antares
Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlugMan View Post
Hi everyone,

I've gotten my hands on some Japanese visual novels to get some more practice with the language and because they're awesome, but I'm having trouble getting my computer to show the Japanese text at all... what I'm seeing right now is nonsense text like this:

Spoiler:

In Shuffle!, the menus display correctly but the game text and menu windows don't.

Spoiler:

On the other hand, in Kanon the game text works, while all the menus are nonsense.

Spoiler:

Here's a screenshot of my current language settings. I installed the files for East Asian Languages from the Windows XP Service Pack 1 disc rather than the SP2 disc, but I doubt that the difference could be that great between them, especially since these games are older than XP.

Any advice on how to fix this would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Can you take a screenshot of your "Regional and Language Options" -> "Advanced tab"? Switch the drop down menu to Japanese if it isn't.

If that doesn't work, try this topic.
Antares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 22:45   Link #3
GlugMan

Heh, figures it'd be the one option I didn't fiddle with because I was tired of restarting

Thanks a lot for the help!
GlugMan is offline   Reply With Quote