AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2004-08-07, 22:12   Link #41
wao
OK.

If I'm not wrong that same seiyuu, Nanri Yuuka, sang the insert + OP/ED songs for Madlax... FictionJunction YUUKA... but I might be wrong. I heard this some time ago, someone might have found out otherwise.

I really am interested to watch the movie, it has a very exciting feeling about it. The music helps in creating this wonderful thrilling mood... the plane flying at such heights and so on... Heh. Though Sayuri doesn't seem like a particularly extraordinary girl I think she's portrayed very well and for once I don't think I actually hate any of the characters for being annoying or unrealistic...
Old 2004-08-08, 00:08   Link #42
Sakai
libro de mi padre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Is that who that is? Nice. If she had said "Jose-san" I'd have recognized the voice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
If I'm not wrong that same seiyuu, Nanri Yuuka, sang the insert + OP/ED songs for Madlax... FictionJunction YUUKA... but I might be wrong. I heard this some time ago, someone might have found out otherwise.
I didn't know "FictionJunction YUUKA", but according to this page, you're right. She is Yuuka Nanri.
Sakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-08, 03:23   Link #43
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
It says it will be shown in Autumn of 2004 in Cinema Rise(sp?) theaters in Japan. August 6th was when the new trailers came up.
That's Cinema Rise theater (singular, not plural). There is only one Cinema Rise theater, and it is in Shibuya as you go up Spain Hill and it is a huge theater in front of the PARCO department store.

Also, just in case anyone wants a link to the original Japanese trailers for "Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho," they can be found at the official site at:

http://www.kumonomukou.com/trailer.html

There are three versions, one each on HTTP and the other on FTP, with large and small sizes for your convenience. From top to bottom, they are:

Shinkai Makoto's original trailer (120 seconds)
Regular theater trailer (90 seconds)
Pilot film (200 seconds)
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 10:59   Link #44
FlyByNite

What's with all the different fansub groups releasing the trailers? If it's in theaters then won't it be awhile before it's out on DVD so it can be subbed?

And going by how amazing Voices of a Distant Star was I wouldn't be shocked if it's licensed quickly. I hope it's a little more happier though, man I teared up so much during Voices...

This does look very very good. I wonder if it has any chance to get released with subtitles in the US theaters and be nominated for best animation Oscar like Spirited Away?
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 12:14   Link #45
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
What's with all the different fansub groups releasing the trailers? If it's in theaters then won't it be awhile before it's out on DVD so it can be subbed?
It's hyped and all these fansub groups want to get a piece of the pie.
Quote:
And going by how amazing Voices of a Distant Star was I wouldn't be shocked if it's licensed quickly. I hope it's a little more happier though, man I teared up so much during Voices...
This does look very very good. I wonder if it has any chance to get released with subtitles in the US theaters and be nominated for best animation Oscar like Spirited Away?
A theatrical release in 35mm with subtitles would be nice. Isn't that what's going on with Innocence 2? Kumo no Mukou has the "not as popular as Ghost in the Shell" thing going against it being shown in theaters, but the "niche market" thing going for it being shown with subtitles.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 16:00   Link #46
Timon
The Timon

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
plus it's pretty short compared to most films that get even a limited release. Hopefully it'll be at film/anime conventions, though, or just be released on DVD quickly

eitherway it has to be finished first, but you can't really rush something that only a handful of people are working on and even more so when you consider the quality of the work

power to the independed animators!
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 17:27   Link #47
LordBrian
Triad's Friendly Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon
plus it's pretty short compared to most films that get even a limited release.
Short? 90 mins is a pretty average length for an animated film.
LordBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-22, 23:08   Link #48
Timon
The Timon

Send a message via ICQ to Timon Send a message via AIM to Timon Send a message via MSN to Timon Send a message via Yahoo to Timon
So what's the word on this now? I see website activity and dates in red but no comprehenday
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 01:30   Link #49
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

I'm hearing that there's something big holding this up, some kind of dispute, but I've got conflicting reports of what specifically. I've heard of everything from legal and licencing issues to problems with the final release to crazy stuff like internal bickering between the director, authors, studio. In short, you name it, I've probubly heard it. So all I can say is that since I don't have two sources that agree right now, I'm going to assume that it's something internal to the studio that's delaying this.

But give it time. It will eventualy be out. If it's anything like the previous releases by this guy, it will be worth the wait.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 13:59   Link #50
Sakuya
*Artist

It's been delayed again? I thought it was finally going to premiere again? Hopefully, whatever problems they have, they will solve them.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-23, 20:18   Link #51
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, there's been problems all along that have held it up time and again. It would move forward for a while, hit a wall, they'd fight through it, then advance some more, then hit a wall, etc. So this is no surprise. The part that's interesting is they have a december 10th planned and haven't changed it or moved it back any. So I would say that this is an expected hangup, ie one they planned on. So, unless you hear the date change sooner or later than Dec 10th, that's the last confirmed date of release I've gotten.
Old 2004-10-17, 00:01   Link #52
wao
OK.

Hmm, it's been acquired by ADV before airing. Good for you American guys...
Old 2004-10-17, 01:23   Link #53
Sakuya
*Artist

*dies* Stupid ADV! Now I can't see it until much MUCH later. Why does it have to be ADV anyway? I wouldn't mind if it was Geneon.
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 01:33   Link #54
Kensuke

I feared this, but its not a big purprice that it was lisenced before airing. Oh well, I just buy the DVD when it comes out, I quess it takes over a year...
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-17, 08:12   Link #55
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, try more like 2. This isn't one that's going to hit DVD in the states anytime soon. ADV is so backlogged right now with their big rush to licence spree that it will be at least two years on most titles (except the ones they rush to market) from the time the item was licenced.

Way to go ADV. You just screwed 90% of the american population for the next 2 years. Gauds, I hate ADV. But oh well. I honestly don't care cause I'm going to buy my DVD as an R2 and snag the subs from someone on the net as I refuse to buy from ADV for many, many reasons I don't care to recount.
Old 2004-10-23, 01:35   Link #56
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Seems like ADV doesn't have the license at all.
darkchibi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 04:56   Link #57
aceleader

Also note the producer's goal for a state side release in the statement. Seems like a far cry from the 2 years of americans getting screwed over
aceleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 08:28   Link #58
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh hot damn! That's great news!! It's not that I don't want to see it licenced, I do, just not by ADV. hehe. But it's also good news that I get to watch it in fansub before then since ADV doesn't have the licence. hehehe. Oh goody, goody.

And before you go ragging on me about being happy that it's not licenced, yes I plan to buy the dvd like all my other anime.
Old 2004-10-23, 13:21   Link #59
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Oh hot damn! That's great news!! It's not that I don't want to see it licenced, I do, just not by ADV. hehe. But it's also good news that I get to watch it in fansub before then since ADV doesn't have the licence. hehehe. Oh goody, goody.

And before you go ragging on me about being happy that it's not licenced, yes I plan to buy the dvd like all my other anime.
Tell me why there is a need for a fansub if the goal of the Japanese company is to bring it stateside?
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-23, 17:56   Link #60
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalas
Tell me why there is a need for a fansub if the goal of the Japanese company is to bring it stateside?
I agree with you 1000%. I hope the Japanese company gets a deal settled, although there will still be fansubs.

I saw multiple groups fansub Ghost In the Shell: Innocence even after the US release had been announced.

Anime movies being released theatrically are still a rarity so any that do get the deal I wish fansub goups wouldn't hurt their box office numbers by releasing a fansub.

Someone may say "I'll still see it in the theater, buy the dvd, etc..." well good for them, but for every person THAT DOES DO THAT. There's 2 or 3 who will just watch the fansub and skip seeing it in the theater.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote