AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-04-07, 14:05   Link #81
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, it's pretty fun watching this after Gintama.

Some seriously good Ko Otani in this first episode. I can't wait to see what he has in store for us once there's more action later in the story. It'll be such a treat, especially seeing as though it's been a while since the last Ko Otani score.

Also i'm finding it pretty impossible at the moment to pick my favorite male character.
Old 2010-04-07, 14:07   Link #82
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

If this series have:

Houko Kuwashima

I will watch this.
Old 2010-04-07, 14:24   Link #83
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Also i'm finding it pretty impossible at the moment to pick my favorite male character.
Pick a favorite male character? Right now, I'll settle for being able to keep them all straight. For example, I'll need a least another watching to know which one of them was injured. After 2 viewings, I still can't put a face to his name.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 14:27   Link #84
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Pick a favorite male character? Right now, I'll settle for being able to keep them all straight. For example, I'll need a least another watching to know which one of them was injured. After 2 viewings, I still can't put a face to his name.
There's about two characters names i can't remember, though apart from those i think i'm doing pretty good. Like i said, having watched Gintama, i already know most of the Shinsengumi names.

I do know that Chizuru is rather adorable though. <3
Old 2010-04-07, 15:55   Link #85
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm beginning to get them straight -- after watching the show three times: raw, Chinese sub, English sub. I'm enjoying Hijikata (duh) and Sannan (l-r):

Sannan is played by Tomita Nobuo, who was Lumiale in three different Angelique shows, and Sei in Uta~Kata, and has a career going back to 1981. I just love that voice. Hijikata is played by Miki Shinichirou:

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 16:13   Link #86
Amalia

Send a message via MSN to Amalia
As for the guy harem I get a Fushigi Yuugi vibe. At least there I knew that I should cheer for Tamahome (nyaaa)... Anyway I'm going to watch this show mostly because of the bishies...Anyway can you tell me if the anime is categorized as a shoujo? I think I read this somewhere...
It looks good though.
Old 2010-04-07, 16:22   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Look at the bright side, it's not going to be very hard to pick your favourite female character in this series

Speaking of Tobita Nobuo, for all this time, I was conviced that he was the one playing the main characters (well, most of them) in Aoi Bungaku when it was , in fact, a completely different actor (Sakai Masato). That was because the voice Sakai Masato used in No longer human sounded a lot like Tobita's "creepy" voice, that he's kind of using for Sannan in Hakuouki. I feel kinda dumb for noticing this months later...
Old 2010-04-07, 16:55   Link #88
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

CAN anyone post the ScreenShot/ScreenCapture of Chriruzu from the game . As the anime is adapted the game I want to see . If she does look like a trap in that one at least initially
Old 2010-04-07, 18:49   Link #89
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Im liking this series, but for some resason I find myself looking at the female lead and thinking "Kenshin!!". It isnt a bad thing though, I like her look alot.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-07, 19:07   Link #90
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
If this series have:

Houko Kuwashima

I will watch this.
Same thinking

And recently I found out that she basically had voiced my 5 favorite characters 0_o

And nice images Zura
Old 2010-04-08, 00:29   Link #91
klare

i watch this show because of the nice drawing, but after eps 1, it seems the style is too shoujo for me, will give eps 2 a try and decide to continue or not
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 01:09   Link #92
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

I'm totally loving the OP song.

It probably won't be until episode 3 before I can remember all the Shinsengumi's names. All I remember now are Hijikata (of course!), Saito, and Okita...gee I wonder why those 3?

Oh how I love series with hot bishies in a historical setting.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 03:37   Link #93
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
gee I wonder why those 3?
Exactly.
Old 2010-04-08, 10:15   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Im liking this series, but for some resason I find myself looking at the female lead and thinking "Kenshin!!". It isnt a bad thing though, I like her look alot.
Yeah, I definitely see that as well. Kenshin's outfit was almost identical, and he was a pretty delicate looking guy.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 10:23   Link #95
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post

It probably won't be until episode 3 before I can remember all the Shinsengumi's names. All I remember now are Hijikata (of course!), Saito, and Okita...gee I wonder why those 3?
Im still torn over Hijitake and Saito But heck Sannan-san voice is Akabane's from GetBackers <3<3 Plus he's megame

I think all of them are gonna end up in my reverse harem

Quote:
Oh how I love series with hot bishies in a historical setting.
This should be on a billboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo
Yeah, I definitely see that as well. Kenshin's outfit was almost identical, and he was a pretty delicate looking guy.
No scar though But yeah if her hair was a bit longer and more red Id see it as well.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 11:49   Link #96
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

That first episode really whet my appetite for this series. And I, too, got that "Kenshin" vibe from Chizuru (which was the name of the original heroine from Watsuki-sensei's pilot version of Rurouni Kenshin if memory serves...coincidence on top of coincidence, heh.)

Definitely looking forward to more. I hope they keep up the suspense.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 14:04   Link #97
xia

Only person I remember is Heisuke..

Thanks vandakiara for the sig!
Currently watching
On deck for 08/09: Claymore, Monster, Paradise Kiss,
xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 15:36   Link #98
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Im still torn over Hijitake and Saito But heck Sannan-san voice is Akabane's from GetBackers <3<3 Plus he's megame
I went gah-gah over Sannan as well. I didn't know about his character before, so that was a lovely surprise. Hell, I'm a puddle at ALL their feet.

Quote:
I think all of them are gonna end up in my reverse harem
All of them are already in mine... I'm just organizing them into certain *ahem* rankings.

Chizuru is really strong...to still be able to think straight in the midst of all that testosterone.

Hmm, I'm beginning to think this thread will be the sink for major fangirling outpour for me.

Okay, so as not to make fangirling-only posts ( ), I'll add that I was rather surprised that they hinted at, what I think, a semi-spoiler in the OP.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 15:51   Link #99
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJLowrider View Post
That first episode really whet my appetite for this series. And I, too, got that "Kenshin" vibe from Chizuru (which was the name of the original heroine from Watsuki-sensei's pilot version of Rurouni Kenshin if memory serves...coincidence on top of coincidence, heh.)

Definitely looking forward to more. I hope they keep up the suspense.
There's some definite pedigree in common here with both RK and Peacemaker - key animation, character design, etc - so none of this is really surprising. Sannan is interesting in that he was a big teddy bear in Peacemaker, and here he's sort of a hottie. Saitou, of course, is always a crowd-pleaser no matter how he's portrayed (and the Wolf of Mibu always manages to show up in these things).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-08, 18:06   Link #100
Fevvers
a regular van veen

Just watched the episode and oh my my the eyecandy!! and that was fairly better than what I expected it to be, this being helmed by lol!Deen and all. I'm hoping this goes more along the Saiunkoku harem route instead of that godawful angelique/la corda series with a real interesting female lead for a change. Ironically here Chizuru looks and sounds a lot like Shuurei. I hope that bodes well for the series.

On a short note, I appreciate how the guys are still suspicious of Chizuru and vice-versa. Not expecting great things form this series, but I am hoping for solid character development (and please no rushing of the romance part, if ever there will be one) at the very least.
Fevvers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edo setting, josei, otome, shinsengumi