AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-06-02, 10:21   Link #41
Sides

More background story to the last story on andriasang
Some magazine scans over on gonintendo. Not entirely sure but the models do look kind of stylised.

Last edited by Sides; 2010-06-02 at 12:06.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 10:51   Link #42
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Damn the game is looking so awesome!

I just noticed that the main characters clothing / armor changes with the screen shots shown so far, does this mean armor actually effects the appearance?! If so that'll be awesome.

Last edited by ElvenPath; 2010-07-19 at 16:23. Reason: Added thumbnail.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-03, 11:02   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i seriously adore the concept art that's shown on the link provided by Sides, plus those screenshots in that magazine scan. This game doesn't look like it won't be any sort of a let down at the rate it's going.
Old 2010-07-08, 07:45   Link #44
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Trailer out :

2 things came out to my mind , *Hide Block* - *Attack* (ME2) and Assassin's creed

Anyway , looking great for a WII .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 09:42   Link #45
Sides

I'm surprised about the little things in this game, party members talking during battles and the fact that you can bump into NPC, and they get knocked about, like the Bitter Sweet Symphony Music video by the Verve ^^.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 09:42   Link #46
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post

I just noticed that the main characters clothing / armor changes with the screen shots shown so far, does this mean armor actually effects the appearance?! If so that'll be awesome.
Did I read it wrong or something....? I read the Heroine name as : Canaan(?) and the Hero name as Erza...

I dunno, it's just a bit weird for me.

The game looks cool though... I wonder if somehow I can borrow a Wii from my friend just to play this game..

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 17:58   Link #47
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Wow, trailer looks really sexy, really anticipating this title more and more.
Old 2010-07-08, 18:27   Link #48
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Oh my wow, I was going to come in and state how skeptical I am about Sakaguchi. Since his last two games were disappointments in my opinion (except Lost Odyssey's story was actually pretty good, but the gameplay really turned me off).

I'm wow-ed. The battle system seems really dynamic, I loved how he backed up and rolled over the rubbles. It seems like the animation is contact sensitive, which is really rare for a Japanese RPG game. Proves that they spent some time to make it more interactive and visceral. Damnit...seems like I have to take off the ban-seal from my Wii.
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 22:49   Link #49
ChainLegacy
廉頗

The Last Story eh? Almost like Sakaguchi wants to rework Final Fantasy once more given that name. The trailer looks awesome.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-18, 08:09   Link #50
ZephyrLeanne
On a sabbatical

I lurk, and I crash in.

Quote:

Guess what? Kanan is OFFICIALLY the HOTTEST female on a console game this season - seeing as how FF Versus 13 won't likely make it before end 2010 - and besides, Stella's been trumped by Kanan now.

On the other hand, Aya Brea's safe this year: 3rd B'day's on the PSP.

Back on topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i seriously adore the concept art that's shown on the link provided by Sides, plus those screenshots in that magazine scan. This game doesn't look like it won't be any sort of a let down at the rate it's going.
Gooch screwed up with Blue Dragon and ALMOST bombed Lost Odessey - It's high time he made a winner. Looking at the scans, I think he's finally got it.

Returning to the roots of FF (FF3 is a prime example - especially the DS version) is something sorely missed - the value of humanity in a jRPG cannot be overstated. Since FF13 missed that, I seriously think L/S is likely to stand in contrast and succeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
Did I read it wrong or something....? I read the Heroine name as : Canaan(?) and the Hero name as Erza...

I dunno, it's just a bit weird for me.
It's Kanan and Elza, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Oh my wow, I was going to come in and state how skeptical I am about Sakaguchi. Since his last two games were disappointments in my opinion (except Lost Odyssey's story was actually pretty good, but the gameplay really turned me off).
IMO, both were failures. Then again, IMO, so were Last Remnant, Nier and FF13. I'm a tough nut to crack.

Quote:
I'm wow-ed. The battle system seems really dynamic, I loved how he backed up and rolled over the rubbles. It seems like the animation is contact sensitive, which is really rare for a Japanese RPG game. Proves that they spent some time to make it more interactive and visceral.
Something I sorely missed. Looks like a battle's brewing between SQEX and Mistwalker as it seens that FF Versus is also out to achieve these things. Which explains the constant delays for Versus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
The Last Story eh? Almost like Sakaguchi wants to rework Final Fantasy once more given that name. The trailer looks awesome.
High time he did - SQEX lost the plot in FF12 and 13. If Agito, which seems to be likely be sooner than Versus at the rate the two are going, Gooch would be well placed to revive the jRPG.

ZephyrLeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 15:01   Link #51
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
I'm really looking forward to this game! Hope the Wii controls go well without getting too tedious.
My fingers get all itchy seeing the scans . The trailer looks really promising, too, so I hope it won't be a let down in the end.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 15:41   Link #52
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I'm expecting floads of Hentai *cough*

anyway, I'm always happy to see a third party developer put forth effort like this. I'm seriously counting the days for this game >.<
Old 2010-07-19, 15:50   Link #53
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Damn I told myself many times to get a Wii and now I'm already bankrupt. Must find someone who has a Wii covered in dust and borrow from him.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 16:23   Link #54
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Damn I told myself many times to get a Wii and now I'm already bankrupt. Must find someone who has a Wii covered in dust and borrow from him.
not me, I use mine daily. Too many games to beat and catch up on. And more games coming down horizon like Metroid: Other M and Arc Rise Fantasia
Old 2010-07-19, 16:42   Link #55
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
not me, I use mine daily. Too many games to beat and catch up on. And more games coming down horizon like Metroid: Other M and Arc Rise Fantasia
I have to admit my Wii is pretty dusty since I got my PS3; even so I still have a lot to play on it - not even counting the new releases.
Reminds me that I should get that zebra skin for it - will look awesome.

But I guess when "The Last Story" hits our store's it will get my full attention once again. Pretty happy there is a title on it to look forward to (and not from Nintendo, too!).
Still need to get the Mario's, though D: It's a sin I don't have them already.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-19, 17:24   Link #56
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Must find someone who has a Wii covered in dust and borrow from him.
Your lucky day.

Mine's covered in dust, but it won't be when this comes out. ;D

Quote:
I'm expecting floads of Hentai *cough*
I'd prefer a clean doujinshi(? or was it Doujin?) over hentai, actually. More then just *insert here* going on.

The visuals and graphics look great, but... we have no idea if this will be a Tales of Symphonia level or Magna Carta level (ToS had an epic storyline. Magna carta has been... sort of flat, so far anyways.)
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 11:14   Link #57
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Tales of Symphonia, epic? For the first 10 hours, yes. After that it gets flatter and flatter. So much lost potential.
Old 2010-07-21, 14:22   Link #58
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Tales of Symphonia, epic? For the first 10 hours, yes. After that it gets flatter and flatter. So much lost potential.
You speak lies, ToS is one of the greatest RPGs. Arguably the best Tales game made.
Old 2010-07-21, 15:20   Link #59
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
You speak lies, ToS is one of the greatest RPGs. Arguably the best Tales game made.
Your nostalgia is showing.

Symphonia is only good if it was your first Tales game. It can't hold a candle of Vesperia or Abyss.

As for The Last Story, I'm really looking forward to this. Combat looks beyond fun.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 19:56   Link #60
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
The girl in blue looks ALOT like Garnet, not that that's a bad thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
I'm surprised about the little things in this game, party members talking during battles and the fact that you can bump into NPC, and they get knocked about, like the Bitter Sweet Symphony Music video by the Verve ^^.
You could bump into npcs in The Crystal Bearers. If this game's npcs inhabit the world like in that game, that'd be pretty epic.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mistwalker, nintendo, rpg, wii