AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-03-12, 21:47   Link #4721
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
Well per @Adamschefter Moss is a 49er waiting on full report. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/76...al-source-says
This is sad news. But if Harbaugh and company believe it's best, then so be it. Can't be any worse than the Braylon Edwards experiment...unless Randy doesn't shut up.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-12, 21:51   Link #4722
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unfortunately, yeah. Don't get me wrong, I like Flacco, but Sanchez is horrible. If he's #6, then Flacco needs to knock him down a rank. Unfortunately, compared to non-Sanchez QBs, he's just not at the level that should support that kind of pay.

Damned Jets, why do they man-crush on Sanchez so bad? Oh well, odds are he'll have to reach the conference championships again or else they'll just cut him and say to hell with it, making the extension moot.
Couldn't agree more on Joe. Whatever contract he gets, I'm hoping his play next season and beyond is more in line with what we saw against the Steelers and Pats.

Rotoworld's Gregg Rosenthal sumemd up the Jets move perfectly:

Quote:
5. The most Jets move ever

The Jets couldn’t get Peyton Manning interested, so they gave Mark Sanchez a financial apology. This was the most Jets move ever: The contract was part public relations, part fluff, part cap savings, and shortsighted short-term gain for long-term pain.

The result of the deal: It will be nearly impossible to dump Sanchez before the 2013 season. That’s about it. His new contract guaranteed Sanchez more than $8 million for 2013 in addition to his 2012 money.

So the Jets decided to commit to Sanchez for two years instead of one year because Peyton Manning wouldn’t let them dump Sanchez this year. It doesn’t make sense.

If Sanchez and the Jets tank in 2012, they will have to eat that salary next year. I still think Sanchez can be a league average quarterback, but there are serious doubts whether he’ll ever develop into a top-10 player at the position. The Jets probably share those doubts. But they hav
I'm not rooting for them to fail, but I just don't see Moss in San Fran ending well. Alex Smith isn't exactly known for his rocket arm and in a run-first offense, I could easily Moss getting frustrated often.
Old 2012-03-12, 21:53   Link #4723
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
I'm not rooting for them to fail, but I just don't see Moss in San Fran ending well. Alex Smith isn't exactly known for his rocket arm and in a run-first offense, I could easily Moss getting frustrated often.
Exactly. Just seems like a waste of time on a 35 year receiver that will probably end up being a one year rental. I would have just given a first for Mike Wallace and signed him to a huge deal. And I wasn't even a fan of that plan either.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-12, 23:49   Link #4724
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Manning meeting with Philbin in the next 24 hours in Indy to talk about Miami.
Old 2012-03-13, 04:01   Link #4725
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
But with FA starts tonight at midnight, its going to be a wonderful couple of weeks (with Spring Training, March Madness, and NBA Trade Deadline, this week is going to crazy and suck if you have to work)
NFL Free Agency doesn't start until 4 pm US EST, I believe. All teams need to be under the cap by then as well.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 05:53   Link #4726
Samari
World's Greatest

Moss already starting his antics. Just kidding, but this was a funny quote from his press conference call:

Quote:
Q: In 2010, it was different than the rest of your career, production-wise. What was behind the drop in production?

Moss: "Well, I don't really want to get into that because you all would not understand if I tell you anyway. So I'm not going to talk about that.
Quote:
Q: Can Jim Harbaugh still "bring it"?

Moss: "That's funny you ask that. Yes, he can still bring it at his old age. I don't know, he's probably sitting there with an ice pack or something on his shoulder right now, but, yeah, he can still wing it."
It's going to be annoying seeing all the bay area wannabe thugs and gangsters sporting 49er Moss jerseys from now up until 5 years down the line when he isn't with the team anymore and/or it ends in a messy divorce.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-13, 14:58   Link #4727
Samari
World's Greatest

Free agency has begun and the first shocker is revealed. Brandon Marshall goes to the Bears for two third rounders going towards the Dolphins. What the hell.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-13, 15:36   Link #4728
GDB

That's... an interesting move.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 15:45   Link #4729
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Free agency has begun and the first shocker is revealed. Brandon Marshall goes to the Bears for two third rounders going towards the Dolphins. What the hell.
Spoiler:

We Super Bowl nao. So, finally, we're gonna get some real offense (hopefully).

And wow, that image is in Wikipedia?

And if the Dolphins move intends on freeing up cap space for Manning - and perhaps Wayne and/or Saturday... hmmm. Just what if Manning doesn't decide on the Dolphins. What then?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 15:51   Link #4730
Samari
World's Greatest

Garcon to Washington. About $8 million a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post

We Super Bowl nao.
LMFAO. I can already see the old Cantonese ladies smiling and saying something like that about the 49ers here in the bay area. I'll be using this phrase on internet message boards for years to come.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-13, 15:52   Link #4731
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
I hear Manning was hesitant about the Dolphins because he had some problem with Marshall. I don't know if that's the reason, but if it is, it's a big risk from Miami since there's no guarantee he'll sign.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 15:52   Link #4732
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Just what if Manning doesn't decide on the Dolphins. What then?
I believe the appropriate metaphor here involves a river of excrement and a Native American water vessel without any means of propulsion.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 18:09   Link #4733
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

Eddie Royal and Josh Morgan joining Garcon in Washington along with likely RG3, Fred Davis, Moss and Chris Cooley. Dan Snyder must have a big grin on his face right now.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 18:15   Link #4734
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drob_QB7 View Post
Eddie Royal and Josh Morgan joining Garcon in Washington along with likely RG3, Fred Davis, Moss and Chris Cooley. Dan Snyder must have a big grin on his face right now.
Haven't we seen this movie before though? Santana Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Antwan Randle El = flop.

I just can't take the Redskins seriously until they prove they aren't a complete joke every year.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-03-13, 21:14   Link #4735
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

How the hell did Chicago con Miami into that?! That's genius!!!
Old 2012-03-13, 21:32   Link #4736
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
How the hell did Chicago con Miami into that?! That's genius!!!
To give away their only play maker? I don't know. But probably, everyone else is laughing at them.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 21:34   Link #4737
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
It's going to be annoying seeing all the bay area wannabe thugs and gangsters sporting 49er Moss jerseys from now up until 5 years down the line when he isn't with the team anymore and/or it ends in a messy divorce.
If you didn't chill with Mr. PoPo I might say that statement is pretty --rhymes with bassist ...Hmmm, although Popo does "work for you"...It's not like he's your friend, so...hmmm...

I know it's gonna suck for urban heads to wear the jersey of another prominent urban head eh? Don't want thugs ruining the property value of the state-of-the-art Candlestick park...

Moving on, Brandon Marshall for 2 3rd rounders??!?! Why didn't they just trade that mofo for a brand new Kia? Jesus Skywalker...

Colston signed back with the Saints, a bountiful^^ snag on our partt, but if he signed before Garcon and didn't get atleast 8-milli, then damn bruh...Only in Washington that a guy who's worth 5 gets 8...

I hear we're close to signing Carl Nicks aswell...Maybe since the NFL is so focused on not letting Moms Against Drunk Driving and PTA chairheads know the truth about NFL football, we can do some mid-90's 49ners contract cheating and sign Nicks and Brees too...

Shaping up to be a good week...

Edit: 10 o'clock news just said Nicks is on a plane to Tampa Bay as we speak..His fata$$ ain't going to Tampa late night for a Premium Cigar, hmmm maybe a Victory Cigar, since I doubt the Bucs and that Santa sack of money will let him leave..Ok $hitty week begins T_T...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2012-03-13 at 22:37. Reason: Fata$$es on late-night redeyes
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 22:34   Link #4738
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
If you didn't chill with Mr. PoPo I might say that statement is pretty --rhymes with bassist ...Hmmm, although Popo does "work for you"...It's not like he's your friend, so...hmmm...

I know it's gonna suck for urban heads to wear the jersey of another prominent urban head eh? Don't want thugs ruining the property value of the state-of-the-art Candlestick park...

Moving on, Brandon Marshall for 2 3rd rounders??!?! Why didn't they just trade that mofo for a brand new Kia? Jesus Skywalker...

Colston signed back with the Saints, a bountiful^^ snag on our partt, but if he signed before Garcon and didn't get atleast 8-milli, then damn bruh...Only in Washington that a guy who's worth 5 gets 8...

I hear we're close to signing Carl Nicks aswell...Maybe since the NFL is so focused on not letting Moms Against Drunk Driving and PTA chairheads know the truth about NFL football, we can do some mid-90's 49ners contract cheating and sign Nicks and Brees too...

Shaping up to be a good week...
Take off the sun glasses and get the F off your turtle. Believe it or not there is actually insight beyond the little island your spend most of your time on.

Oh and Carl Nicks isn't close to signing with New Orleans. He had an offer and he said he'd go home and think about it with his family. Highly doubt he signs as the Saints barely have any salary cap room left to begin with. Nicks is going to get his big money elsewhere. He's probably gonna be a BUC.

Don't forget the keys to the Slave 1 when you head out to work tomorrow. Say hi to Mr. Fett at the office for me.

Dang, Drew Brees still hasn't signed yet. Don't worry. Chase Daniel just resigned LMFAO. Shaping up to be a good week? There really isn't really anywhere to go, but up after what has happened these past couple of weeks. Don't worry though, you still have the draft picks to be taken away from you and the suspensions when Goodell takes a shit on your franchise.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2012-03-13 at 22:44.
Old 2012-03-13, 22:42   Link #4739
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Reggie Wayne resigns with the Colts? Guess Luck still has someone to throw to. So what on earth are Miami thinking? If they can't get Manning, this free agency has been their third strike.
Old 2012-03-13, 22:47   Link #4740
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

@Samari -Drew is gonna sign...Like you and Bobbity are the only people who believe otherwise...But yeah looks like fata$$ is gonna get his pockets fat elsewhere...I hope he gets a fatman's heatstroke in that Tampa Sun if he becomes a traitorous bastard...

And get some Chase Daniel practice tape..he's like Drew Brees Jr. I'm not bull$hiting, just ask New England's videoguy...

Tags
american football, sports