AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-30, 10:10   Link #2161
desrtsku
Nympholept

Hmm, I see ... for those who are interested, there's a very comprehensive mahjong walkthrough on youtube. You won't become a pro after watching them, but you'll at least understand all the basic notions and how the different yaku works : which is all you need to understand what's going on during a mahjong match. And what's more, the guy doing that small tutorial is not only good at making jokes but also a fan of Saki which makes it even more entertaining to watch.

Also is there anyone kind enough to post the videos here, if it's allowed/possible? because I don't know how to do that yet. ^^"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
This is since I don't even bother paying attention to their discards as I have no hope of determining from that how close my opponents are to winning and/or what tiles they need.
Don't worry about that, it's already high level mahjong. There's a long way to go before being able to do that.
Old 2012-12-30, 11:43   Link #2162
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

To post videos you only need to grab the v (as in video) code from the url, then suround it in [youtube] tags. Simply quote this post and look at it as an example (assuming you're not using the WYSIWYG editor).

Old 2012-12-30, 12:05   Link #2163
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
To post videos you only need to grab the v (as in video) code from the url, then suround it in [youtube] tags. Simply quote this post and look at it as an example (assuming you're not using the WYSIWYG editor).
I see now, thank you very much
Old 2012-12-30, 19:52   Link #2164
Kyuu
=^^=

Yea, I'm glad that dude made a walk-through. That leaves: my group not necessarily needing to make one.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-04, 17:06   Link #2165
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
New PV (no new footage to my recollection, it's the same promotional video for #13)

Confirms episode 14 will be between 24-30 minutes long in contrast to the listed times from Kinokuniya (48 minutes) and Amazon (60 minutes), though that does not count out bonus features on the BD.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 06:26   Link #2166
thenightsshadow

I don't think I saw an airdate on that promo, right?

And it's slightly different than the Episode 13 promo, it shows Arata and Ako doing their thing like the Episode 13 ED. Also showed Galaxy Awai with her aura this time too.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 06:47   Link #2167
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
I don't think I saw an airdate on that promo, right?
It was there.

If I remember correctly, it'll be on January 29, 2013.
Old 2013-01-10, 05:47   Link #2168
Sol Falling

Achiga-hen confirmed for 16 episodes!

Great news. It was the only sensible conclusion, given the manga's present chapter count. These episodes are going to be awesome.

Last edited by Sol Falling; 2013-01-10 at 07:00.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 06:07   Link #2169
teja208
Critical fanboy

And so the executives finally give in. Wish they could've done it earlier. Does the article stated anything regarding the reason behind the sudden change?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 07:00   Link #2170
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
And so the executives finally give in. Wish they could've done it earlier. Does the article stated anything regarding the reason behind the sudden change?
Hmm, the text is kind of small (aside from that yellow highlighted area to the left, anyway), and my Japanese is hardly fluent, so I couldn't say myself right now. However, the article itself is in fact an interview with the director, Manabu Ono, so I presume someone more fluent could make out the explanation.
Old 2013-01-10, 07:38   Link #2171
Qilin
Romanticist

Oh nice. Another episode is very much welcome, especially seeing how the captain match is currently heating up. Fans will be glad.
Old 2013-01-10, 08:22   Link #2172
Peanutbutter

Actually, the pacing can be slowed down, to build up the hype and tension for the next player. The extra matches should be fit into another full season.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 08:29   Link #2173
Snuffle
likes cute things

So this was originally meant to run to episode 15 correct? One more episode is a must considering the length of the following chapters. Just imagine the outcry if they tried to cram all that in 2 more episodes.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 14:41   Link #2174
King-Slayer

So glad they are doing this. The captains and vice captains matches are going to be awesome.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-10, 16:15   Link #2175
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
So glad they are doing this. The captains and vice captains matches are going to be awesome.
My feelings are mixed in which... the shoulda, coulda, woulda thing is kicking in.

Imagine how this series would have turned out if they planned like... a standard 26-episode run from the get-go, instead of this practice of "adding on" episodes. I mean: I can't complain too much 'cause we get more.

But still...
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 11:45   Link #2176
EroKing

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-12-03 at 04:05.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:20   Link #2177
King-Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
ooh i actually like everyone of those
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-20, 23:33   Link #2178
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Imagine how this series would have turned out if they planned like... a standard 26-episode run from the get-go, instead of this practice of "adding on" episodes. I mean: I can't complain too much 'cause we get more.
I think it's a question of both funding as well as the production committee being cautious (it's been close to three years since Saki after all, and the interest might not be there anymore). The studio team itself (being made up from what was left of Gonzo's original Saki) is obviously enthusiastic about the project, but this means zilch if the committee stonewalls on funding.
Old 2013-01-21, 00:00   Link #2179
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
My feelings are mixed in which... the shoulda, coulda, woulda thing is kicking in.

But still...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I think it's a question of both funding as well as the production committee being cautious (it's been close to three years since Saki after all, and the interest might not be there anymore). The studio team itself (being made up from what was left of Gonzo's original Saki) is obviously enthusiastic about the project, but this means zilch if the committee stonewalls on funding.
An additional factor which could be pretty relevant is the scriptwriting load on Ritz. As far as the current evidence shows, I think it would be safe to assume that all of the additional "filler"/anime-only material in the first season was written by Ritz herself. Given this is the case, an extension into a full 2-cour anime for Achiga would have required at least 8 episodes worth of material. Given that Ritz will have already produced something like 1600 pages worth of scripts (over ~1.5 years) for the current manga run of Achiga, on top of her own work for the main Saki manga, I don't know that requesting that much extra material would have been feasible.
Old 2013-01-22, 21:12   Link #2180
Midonin
Last Engage

Now that it's been released on CD, I'll say it once again.

"TSU・BA・SA" is an awesome song.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri