Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-07, 12:37   Link #101
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom
so we still dont have an official word by the admins about weather or not this series will be allowed? could an admin please clearify?
It's not licensed but it is an MFI Production.

Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works

A complete list of Media Factory Inc. anime series can be found here. And as you can see Strawberry Panic is included so we will not be listing it on AnimeSuki nor may anyone state that fansub groups such as Doremi or Serin Fansubs [SRM] have released any eisodes.

Any further posts about fansub groups or fansubs of Strawberry Panic will be deleted. You are allowed to discuss the anime but please remember to limit the discussion to the anime story only.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 18:08   Link #102
NeoSam

A friend just PMed me about this; that the original novel of Strawberry Panic! (a short story novel) which got serialized in Dengeki G's Magazine was never collected in a tankoubon >.< so I looked around just to be sure about this, and it seems that he's right (or at least I hope he's right or I'll be pretty angry :P ), the original short story novel was never collected in a tankoubon.

Sorry about this, I got that info from some site >.< which also linked to that cover (the image thats quoted in this post).

The cover that I posted in the first post, is not the tankoubon of the original novel (it was never published in a tankoubon).

Here it is (I have no idea what this is supposed to be):

Quote:
The info of the first post of this thread has been updated.

And as I mentioned before; the original novel has ended, and now there is a new novel based on it (published under the seinen label Dengeki Bunko), and also a manga based on it thats serialized in the same magazine as the original novel (Dengeki G's Magazine).
Old 2006-04-07, 23:06   Link #103
Fishbait

I watched it...and I got say

I LOVE IT LOL

I LOVE THIS SHOW 500%

It's everything I had hoped it would be

I LOVE IT
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 02:28   Link #104
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

I described my first impression here. Welcome.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 13:28   Link #105
daemoness
Slave to cuteness

I liked it! I agree that the character design is kind of bland. I'm glad to see I'm not the only girl watching this.

The ending credits were really odd... it looked like a really low budget music video. And the close up of those fake nails was gross.
daemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 13:56   Link #106
Fishbait

Yes the outro was....rather bad
Old 2006-04-08, 14:10   Link #107
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishbait
Yes the outro was....rather bad
It more was for fans of Nakahara Mai and Shimizu Ai.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 15:05   Link #108
Seiryuu

That was Mai and Ai? Had a feeling. Despite the character roles, didn't expect the seiyuu to have a near-kiss scene of their own!
Once again Nakahara Mai is voicing an emotional redhead with great romance potential despite the fact that she doesn't know which way's up most of the time. I don't know why, but it seems like almost every character voiced by her(except Maika from Magikano and Hazuki from Mouse) has hair some shade of red. And, like HiME, she's having to fend off the claims of ownership by Shimizu Ai's char.
I remember hearing some time ago that Puni Puni Poemi was created to prove that Excel Saga wasn't really insane. I get the feeling that this one was made to prove that Maria-sama ga Miteru wasn't really yuri. Not that that's a bad thing.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 18:43   Link #109
Durante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I remember hearing some time ago that Puni Puni Poemi was created to prove that Excel Saga wasn't really insane. I get the feeling that this one was made to prove that Maria-sama ga Miteru wasn't really yuri.
That's exactly the feeling I had after watching the first ep, and very well put. It was so blatantly yurilicious at times that the ending clip actually seemed somewhat fitting. Mentar, while I usually agree with most of what you say (and wouldn't suggest judging an anime by its first ep), I'd be very surprised if this show develops into more than a yuri fan(service)fest - but, like many others, I don't think that's a bad thing, mind you

Regarding the overall increased yuri-level in recent seasons I'd guess that the causes are similar to those that caused the previous moe-boom. Studios notice the increased (fandom-related) spending power of otakus compared to the rest of the world and act accordingly. Currently, we seem to like yuri...
Durante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 18:58   Link #110
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durante
Regarding the overall increased yuri-level in recent seasons I'd guess that the causes are similar to those that caused the previous moe-boom. Studios notice the increased (fandom-related) spending power of otakus compared to the rest of the world and act accordingly. Currently, we seem to like yuri...
Yeah agreed.

People shouldn't be surprised to see more shounen yuri manga/novels and seinen yuri manga/novels getting animated in this year or the following years.

Ahh how I wish to see the seinen yuri manga HEN getting a proper anime adaptation >.<
Old 2006-04-08, 21:39   Link #111
BiZz
God ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam
Yeah agreed.

People shouldn't be surprised to see more shounen yuri manga/novels and seinen yuri manga/novels getting animated in this year or the following years.

Ahh how I wish to see the seinen yuri manga HEN getting a proper anime adaptation >.<
Agree too !

I wish to see a yuri anime with a good scenario like The Twelve Kingdoms and the romance between the girls is well developed too. Yes I dream a lot xD

Well SIMOUN is not far of my dream ( a scenario like Last Exil maybe... wait and see )
BiZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 22:08   Link #112
Cyz
"Show it to me"

not very good on the ending part. they should've put anime scenes instead of real ppl.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-08, 23:46   Link #113
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I loved the ED. Ai-Mai ftw.

Catch their Strawberry Panic radio show here (links to shows week by week in the lower half of the page). Even if you can't understand what they're saying, just hearing that million-mile-an-hour soprano banter is amazing.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 01:01   Link #114
ashko
violagirl

Why are people saying that this is like kannamiko? True, I only saw the series once or twice but...the only thing I know is the shoujo-ai. Does it have anything to do with the uber-popular girl going for the not-so-popular one?

The ED was very different for me, I had only seen animated ones before. I wasn't too fond of it until I found out who the girls were, I'm a bit new at all this so I didn't recognize them or their voices.
ashko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 01:38   Link #115
Tiberium Wolf

I just saw ep 1 and seems like another "Maria-sama ga Miteru" type!
Old 2006-04-09, 02:09   Link #116
Fishbait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
By that you mean?

The settings are similar, but I dont think the overall message / goal are quite the same
Old 2006-04-09, 02:47   Link #117
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
It is a cliche - a young girl comes to a new school and meets an upperclassman in some unusual situation. She's amazed by this person (doesn't matter - a girl or a boy). Then she finds out that this person is very popular at school. Often she/he is a member of the Student Council. The relationship between our girl and her not-always-romantical crush are very difficult, but in the end they get together/become best friends/something good happens. Of course there are some exceptions, but not too many of them.

Oniisama E, Maria-sama ga Miteru, My-Otome (just change upperclassman to a teacher), even Utena suits to this scheme here and there. I believe there are many other titles.
Kleo Scanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 03:35   Link #118
DrewGSR

yea i agree it just screams Maria-sama but then again i did enjoy watching the series so ill keep watching lol
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 04:21   Link #119
Simon
気持ち悪い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf
And that's the problem, IMO. I want to like this show, but so far it seems forced and derivative. I described it on another forum as being like spotting your favourite wine in the store, underneath a sign screaming "now in cans with double the alcohol for your binge-drinking pleasure!".

I don't mind a bit of trash in my anime diet, but I'm left hoping this series will get past the clichés and find its own style. At least it shows enough potential to justify watching more...

EDIT: Btw, there are nine DVDs listed for this series so I guess it really is going to be 26 episodes.

Last edited by Simon; 2006-04-09 at 05:35.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-09, 08:24   Link #120
DannoHung
Watch the Skies

Man, I can't WAIT to see the kind of crackheaded melodramatic plot they've cooked up for this... unless they're going to take the comedy route... maybe it'll be like Azumanga Shoujo-ai.

That would be unexpected, and has the potential for hilariosity, especially considering the art style.
DannoHung is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romance, seinen, yuri