AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-26, 18:43   Link #1801
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Who are these guys, Wilkow and Klein, anyway?
Old 2012-10-26, 18:48   Link #1802
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Who are these guys, Wilkow and Klein, anyway?
See my post just above you.
Old 2012-10-26, 18:52   Link #1803
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

In other words, Clare Lopez and Ed Klein can be officially labelled as "Grade A zero-credibility specimens".

edit: I only wish people who have history of bad credibility could just shut up for a while, on both sides for all purposes.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2012-10-26 at 18:55. Reason: for more appropriatenedness
Old 2012-10-26, 18:54   Link #1804
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Oh hai Lost Cause. Which binder did you crawl out from?

Old 2012-10-26, 18:57   Link #1805
flying ^

EVERY day the Main lame Stream media ignores the Bengazi attacks emails & that 0bama lied about what he knew & when he knew (for Political purposes)

AND now there's Proof CBS news helped him 'cover-up' for Obama - helping him sell the "YouTube Video" Muslim protest theory...with selective editing.

http://youtu.be/8mHMnx1-aAs
Old 2012-10-26, 19:14   Link #1806
Lost Cause

Then perhaps this?:

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...-attack-sources-say/
Old 2012-10-26, 19:27   Link #1807
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Romney delivers 'real change' speech in Iowa

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2...ite&ocid=msnhp

Quote:
Promising to deliver "real change" to meet the nation's "big problems," Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney summarized his closing pitch to voters in a major speech Friday in Iowa.

The former Massachusetts governor, just 11 days out from Election Day, cast the choice facing voters as between "big change" (represented by Romney) and the status quo, as represented by President Barack Obama.

"This is an election of consequence. Our campaign is about big things, because we happen to believe that America faces big challenges. We recognize this is a year with a big choice, and the American people want to see big changes. And together we can bring that kind of change, real change to our country," Romney said.

"Four years ago, candidate Obama spoke to the scale of the times," Romney continued. "Today, he shrinks from it, trying instead to distract our attention from the biggest issues to the smallest -- from characters on Sesame Street and silly word games to misdirected personal attacks he knows are false."

"The president's campaign falls far short of the magnitude of these times. And the presidency of the last four years has fallen far short of the promises of his last campaign," Romney said. "Four years ago, America voted for a post-partisan president, but they have seen the most partisan of political of presidents, and a Washington in gridlock because of it."

"We’re going to will meet with Democrat and Republican leaders in Washington regularly, we’re going to look for common ground and shared principles, we’ll put the interests of the American people above the interests of the politicians,” Romney said.

The Obama campaign characteristically disputed Romney's speech.

"Romney has started promising ‘big change,’ but the only change Romney’s offering is to take us back to the same failed policies that crashed our economy in the first place," Obama campaign spokesperson Lis Smith said in a statement responding to Friday's speech. "That’s not the change we need, and with every ‘major speech,’ Mitt Romney just reminds voters that’s all he’s got to offer.”
Electoral College at "present":
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...5098&#49575098
Old 2012-10-26, 19:36   Link #1808
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

I think any preparation the Clintons are doing is less about Hillary 2016 but Chelsea 2024.

i am willing to put money down on Chelsea running for governor once Cuomo leaves office.
Old 2012-10-26, 19:36   Link #1809
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post

Errrr, there was a problem with the link.
Quote:
Page Not Found

The page you are looking for has either moved or is no longer available, but you may be interested in the content below.
And as for Romney's closing speech: I look at his staff, I look at the people he's surrounded himself with. I listen to his grasp of the topic (or lack thereof).

Basically, I don't think repeating 2000-2008 is a "good idea". Basically, I'm choosing to be either hit with a Vespa or a train -- and Romney's team is a trainwreck. The GOP people whom I actually think *are* intelligent and do have a grasp - party icons. They are scampering away as fast as they can while the hyper-right excoriates these people as "RINOs".

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-10-26 at 20:16.
Old 2012-10-26, 19:55   Link #1810
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Errrr, there was a problem with the link.
And as for Romney's closing speech: I look at his staff, I look at the people he's surrounded himself with. I listen to his grasp of the topic (or lack thereof).

Basically, I don't think repeating 2000-2008 is a "good idea". Basically, I'm choosing to be either hit with a Vespa or a train -- and Romney's team is a trainwreck. The GOP people whom I actually think *are* intelligent and do have a grasp - party icons. They are scampering away as fast as they can while the hyper-right excoriates their own party icons as "RINOs".
Really? I just linked it and it not only showed the Lybia thing, but several other headlines...including the one about the former SEAL who was killed over there.
Old 2012-10-26, 20:03   Link #1811
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Really? I just linked it and it not only showed the Lybia thing, but several other headlines...including the one about the former SEAL who was killed over there.
I'm going to speculate the server its on is being hammered (or maybe the server for my region or something). I'll try it again later
Old 2012-10-26, 20:06   Link #1812
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
On balance --- reeks of desperation and almost tin-foil hat level sources. Klein has spent much of his career stalking Ms. Clinton.
Although a Clinton run for 2015 would be nice IMO. :P

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2012-10-26, 20:12   Link #1813
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The trouble with some of the swing states is that in terms of population, there are relatively small, yet become end game factors in these elections. Most of the larger states are taken already, sometimes by deep seated notions within those states. They are generally considered unimportant in the election cycle. This includes New York, Texas, and California. Florida and Pennsylvania along with Virginia have managed to make themselves swig states, particularly Florida. But these seem to come down to Iowa and this year maybe Colorado and its 9 electoral votes.

California, with the largest state population in the country and basically 10% of the electoral votes is unimportant. It doesn't swing both ways (despite what they say down around the Castro). The question would be why is it so heavily Democratic that it is generally considered not worth one's time to vote Republican (or anything else for that matter) in a Presidental race. Even though we can have Republican Governers and several countries are Republican lead in the Assembly. Both Senators are Democrats. 19 of the 53 Caliornia seats in the House are Republican. However every seat in Congress from California (except for Boxer who was reelected in 2010) is up for election. So 54 seats are in the air. This will also be the first election using our redrawn "nonpartisan" voting districts from Prop 14 and using a Nonpartisan blanket primary
Old 2012-10-26, 20:14   Link #1814
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Its really scary (in terms of potential fraud from either party) when entire states can be flipped with the right miscounts in two or three key counties.
Old 2012-10-26, 20:38   Link #1815
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Quote:
Its really scary (in terms of potential fraud from either party) when entire states can be flipped with the right miscounts in two or three key counties.
Which is why I'd rather have electoral college votes handed out proportionally by state. Or do this whole National Popular Vote Interstate Compact thing.

The whole defense of keeping the current Electoral College system as a winner take all by state because "focusing nationwide would increase costs rather than focus on 13 'swing states'" is a very short sighted view for our Representative democracy. Seriously, people put the issue of costs higher than proper representation of voter will?

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2012-10-26, 20:45   Link #1816
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The system (as I recall) was so that the larger populated states couldn't dictate to the smaller states. In the 13 colonies days, you have a few states with most of the country's population that could eaisly out vote the smaller states. Thus the Senate seats were equal. However the Electoral College seems to have made it so that if the smaller states are indecisive, they can become the focus of not only the election night, but also the primary stop of the Presidential campaigns over the year. I don't know how much money that generates in those states, but it must be something.
Old 2012-10-26, 20:53   Link #1817
Kyuu
=^^=

So, how many are aware of the Sensata plant being closed in Freeport, IL -- due to Bain Capital?
Old 2012-10-26, 21:02   Link #1818
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Can you copy and paste the content? I'm having the same problem as Vexx as shown in the following:

Old 2012-10-26, 21:02   Link #1819
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
So, how many are aware of the Sensata plant being closed in Freeport, IL -- due to Bain Capital?
Yes, the employees there are pointing out the actual behavior of Bain - jobs being moved to China with some prospect of minor gains (at least for the executives making the decisions) with the resulting impact to the community.
Old 2012-10-26, 21:11   Link #1820
Dr. Casey

Obama: Mr. Romney, what do you think of penguins?
Romney: I think they're rather cute, Mr. President.
Obama: Do you think I'm cute, Mr. Romney?
Romney: ... I sure do, Mr. President.
Obama:

And that's how penguins turned two bitter enemies into the best of friends.
Closed Thread