AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star OVA Rating
Perfect 10 71 44.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 22.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 32 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 8.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-23, 08:34   Link #61
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Loved the cuteness in the Cherry segment. Especially from Pat and Yuu-chan. Hyori was hilarious too.

Sad, only one Macross Frontier reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
She transforms into a maid, then shrine maiden, then Rin, then Miku. That's it. So only one Tsundere character out of 4.
For the maid character, I remember the one in He is My Master (will have to double-check the maid uniforms). She was tsundere right? Now for the heck of it, could anyone think of a shrine maiden character that's tsundere?
Old 2008-10-23, 08:43   Link #62
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utau View Post
Cherry is probably attracted to her

after all, she was carrying a freshly baked cookies.
I don't want to know the connection between her cookies and what Cherry was smelling!
Old 2008-10-23, 12:23   Link #63
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

We're talking about a species of creature that greet each other by sniffing butts (which actually conveys a lot of information about health, what they've eaten, and their personal unique scent --- like a doggie business card exchange :P).
Old 2008-10-23, 12:53   Link #64
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
She was tsundere right? Now for the heck of it, could anyone think of a shrine maiden character that's tsundere?
Kagami. I was thining of Yatsushiro Nanaka from M;Y but i think she's more of a Yandere than tsun (never did finish that anime) >__>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I don't want to know the connection between her cookies and what Cherry was smelling!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Have you ever *had* a dog or been around them? That's what they do - regardless of the sex of the target. Dogs are about the smell, a vast amount of their brain power processes what comes into their large nasal passages.
like what Vexx said, it's all about the smell. Even thought i find that kinda harsh to say about dogs .
Old 2008-10-23, 13:52   Link #65
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
My dog does that - at both ends - for new people. She also has crappy bladder control and displays this when she's happy to see someone she hasn't seen in a while.

Compared to her, Cherry is quite the diplomat.
Old 2008-10-24, 16:10   Link #66
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I'm 100% sure Cherry is a girl. Episode 20, Yutaka calls the dog by "She." However, the mystery to why she doesn't like Hiyori is still uncertain.
Old 2008-10-25, 00:02   Link #67
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
I'm 100% sure Cherry is a girl. Episode 20, Yutaka calls the dog by "She." However, the mystery to why she doesn't like Hiyori is still uncertain.
Spoiler for possible manga explanation:

Anyway, this OVA was somehow weaker than the series. I didn't get too much laughs out of it. The only arc which I really enjoyed was the MMORPG arc. Then again, it took me a while to get the AFK joke in the tenchou segment.
Old 2008-10-28, 22:06   Link #68
Dr_Himekatsu
Superintendent Professor

GAH- I just watched the OVA :O!

LOL @ this one
Spoiler:
Old 2008-10-29, 20:58   Link #69
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Slightly jabbing into another topic: If KyoAni really wants to make money, I suppose they can release one OVA every half year, making apt parodies from every two anime seasons. I'm sure they won't run short of money if they do that.

Then again, I would rather see Haruhi S2 first.
Old 2008-11-03, 10:58   Link #70
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
We would all like to see Haruhi S2 someday...

Would a bi-annual OVA really set them back so far on HS2? They seem to have been taking their time with it all along as it is....
Old 2008-11-03, 17:13   Link #71
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
We would all like to see Haruhi S2 someday...

Would a bi-annual OVA really set them back so far on HS2? They seem to have been taking their time with it all along as it is....
They're doing Clannad: After Story, which <personalopinion> is a terrible series to do a sequel for because it simply puts more "absolutely nothing happens" over "nothing happens"</personalopinion>. After that they'll probably do HS2.
Old 2008-11-06, 14:51   Link #72
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
They're doing Clannad: After Story, which <personalopinion> is a terrible series to do a sequel for because it simply puts more "absolutely nothing happens" over "nothing happens"</personalopinion>. After that they'll probably do HS2.
I kind of get the impression the studio is "on the beach" mentally this season -- though I'm sure putting out Afterstory is as challenging as other series.

IF they're working on the script for HS2 - I can see them wanting to take a long time to get it right. Of course, I'm assuming there's a team squirreled away actually doing that. :P
Old 2008-11-06, 17:55   Link #73
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I kind of get the impression the studio is "on the beach" mentally this season -- though I'm sure putting out Afterstory is as challenging as other series.

IF they're working on the script for HS2 - I can see them wanting to take a long time to get it right. Of course, I'm assuming there's a team squirreled away actually doing that. :P
And then we get word about the Munto anime revival (via ANN)...

Old 2008-11-09, 20:56   Link #74
Tsuomasu

It was enjoyable. Especially the MMO part, which was refreshing but maybe somewhat hard to follow at first but I didn't really laugh until at the end of the next arc.

Spoiler for Kagami:

I had kind of hoped that this OVA would have continued the "story" somehow, but oh well, it worked like this too.
Old 2008-12-15, 13:32   Link #75
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
Since i am uploading the PSP Ready version of this episode to PSP crazy, i though i'd post some pictures i posted there, over here too.

(Note: They will be in Spoiler Tags to not take up room.)
(All pictures i took through VLC using Fraps. Pictures are 720x400)

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-15, 14:32   Link #76
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterJ633 View Post
Spoiler:
Not having played an MMO before, I had to have a friend tell me how to attack something, much less realizing how to talk.
Old 2008-12-16, 12:31   Link #77
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I was surprised that Shiraishi also plays Online games...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-12-16, 17:06   Link #78
MasterJ633

Send a message via AIM to MasterJ633
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycrop View Post
"she's afkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk"
I forgot to post this picture also:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-01-11, 14:10   Link #79
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!

i think best thing about this OVA was that whole online thing LOL. especially at the end.. SHE'S AFKKKKKKKKKK!!
Old 2009-01-24, 18:35   Link #80
naruhina43

Thumbs down What the ****?

I didn't get much of what was happening. I mean, what the heck was that pet shop scene. The weird frogs, the little pop up writing, the dude who was like a zombie, said his name was zero, then appeared as a magician, and the girl appeared as different forms of frogs. Then it stopped randomly. And would it have been too much trouble to actually make sense. It was like a really bad crack-fic, made by a half-drunken lemur. The only thing I liked was the part where Konata freak Tsukasa out with stick, and when Tsukasa nailed herself in the face with the net. (Tsukasa's my favorite character, next to Misao.) So I give it an average,
Closed Thread