5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.82%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.64%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-09-20, 06:05   Link #81
zato_1one

90% in Bakemonogatari is talking. How can the studio animate it without using talking heads? Based on my feeling alone, Shaft has done very good job so far. I normally get bored easily with heavy dialogues series. Even if the dialogues are great. It's still not easy to make it interesting all the time. Shaft really try their best animating this. Changing camera angle, zooming, panning, switching scene, coloring, timing, using metaphor or funny pictures and also all of those black/red screens (BGM also helps a lot). Not everyone likes it but at least it can keep me interesting and enjoying. I didn't watch many series from Shaft. But this series can't come this far if it isn't handled by Shaft. IMO
Old 2009-09-20, 09:52   Link #82
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
I played games like Metal Gear and heavy dialogue doesn't bother me after playing through each game in that series and listen to each and every cut scene.

When I first watched this series, I never actually realized it had so much dialogue because I was, and still am, so immersed.
Old 2009-09-20, 09:56   Link #83
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
the visuals give me headaches at times. I very much enjoy the dialogue between the characters, and that's what keeps me watching. However if it weren't for that, with the visuals killing my eyes(I have to watch subs), I wouldn't have survived the first two episodes.

I hated Soul-taker as a reference. Guess I'm more traditional and not into 'modern art'.
Old 2009-09-20, 13:10   Link #84
Hatori~
B. rabbit

Send a message via AIM to Hatori~
This arc is being played different then the rest not sure how but it gives an "off" feeling to it
but was still interesting to watch since we get a glimps at what other things were going on last years Golden Week. We get to see more interaction time for the characters that we normally don't see alone with Araragi like Shinobu and Nadeko and we ended up with a 2-3 week vacation away from Senjougahara. The animation improved too in this episode anyone notice a lack in written text sceens? the art designs and at some points the backround motions were pretty sweet to see. Interested to see the next ep!
Hatori~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 13:32   Link #85
guanin
Jiii~

Wow, thanks Monir, that cleared up a lot. Did you learn Japanese just by watching anime? Lol.

And omimon, too.

Subs will come out later this day, ne?
Old 2009-09-20, 14:56   Link #86
aulzon

Finished watching the subs for episode 11.

Well the animation is back to normal (well Bakemonogatari normal), no mishaps like episode 10 so that's nice.

Araragi is rather happy coming out of school. Looks like he has plans with Senjougahara so we will finally see her return.

Nadeko came off a lot more charming than she did in her arc. Why didn't we see more of her personality like that?

The main parts with Hanekawa were pretty sad. A lot of the foreshadowing from previous episodes (like hitting a child, and her headaches) come back in this episode and I can't help but feel sorry for her.

Anyways I enjoyed it and next episode is probably my most anticipated episode so far (if what novel readers and people who know the schedule are correct).

aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 16:02   Link #87
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Poor, poor, poor Hanekawa. Maybe it hit the harder because I've known a girl working at a shelter for kids. You have no idea how true Hanekawa's dialogue regarding her foster parents sounded.

Great episode though, it's interesting to see Araragi's relationship with the class rep. He's really regarding her as a friend, I'd say she's the one person he's relying on, besides Hoshino. It's going to be interesting...
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 16:03   Link #88
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Good episode! Nadeko is incredibly moe. And the bloomers and school swimsuit, lmao. I was hoping Hitagi would walk around the bend but it was Hanekawa.

Where is Hitagi!?

I also, after seeing the flashback, demand a prequel even more!
Old 2009-09-20, 16:16   Link #89
senarious

Great episode...
Well I always like Hanekawa. But her posessed form is really beautiful XD.
Anyway I am still wishing that ep 12 will be last ep of tsubasa cat and Shaft will stream Koyomi Vamp. Well one can dream, right.
senarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:14   Link #90
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person

I just noticed that Hanekawa is always in her school uniform & how Koyomi's cow lick shapes itself like a question mark when he doesn't understand something. x)
EGFontanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:16   Link #91
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGFontanilla View Post
I just noticed that Hanekawa is always in her school uniform & how Koyomi's cow lick shapes itself like a question mark when he doesn't understand something. x)
1. She doesn't go home at all.

2. It is possible that they are the only clothes she has.

This one was good.

Nice introduction/prologue to the main climatic sequence.

Next week should be intense.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:27   Link #92
guanin
Jiii~

Dang, after watching it with subs this time(although not HD), I'm feeling more moe, or should I say tore, for Nadeko and Hanekawa. Why can't real life girls be that pretty? Lol.

Anyways about what Monir said earlier, I also think that Hanekawa also has the hots for Araragi, (the Sawari-Neko did said something about her master(or mistress) and that Araragi has one year to deal with "it"(but the Neko was stopped with what its saying because of Shinobu), but ever since Araragi went out with Senjougahara, Hanekawa's sole escape route out of her stressful life, for her, has been taken away, and the stress has been piling up again. This maybe is the reason why the Neko will manifest itself again.

BTW, what's up with Nadeko goin loco when Hanekawa showed up? Could it be that she thought her Onii-chan was dating Hanekawa? She doesn't know about Tsundere-chan right?

And why was Hanekawa walking around with Araragi with only her undies and no footwear on?
Old 2009-09-20, 17:45   Link #93
Zetsubo
著述遮断

Quote:
Originally Posted by guanin View Post
Dang, after watching it with subs this time(although not HD), I'm feeling more moe, or should I say tore, for Nadeko and Hanekawa. Why can't real life girls be that pretty? Lol.

Anyways about what Monir said earlier, I also think that Hanekawa also has the hots for Araragi, (the Sawari-Neko did said something about her master(or mistress) and that Araragi has one year to deal with "it"(but the Neko was stopped with what its saying because of Shinobu), but ever since Araragi went out with Senjougahara, Hanekawa's sole escape route out of her stressful life, for her, has been taken away, and the stress has been piling up again. This maybe is the reason why the Neko will manifest itself again.

BTW, what's up with Nadeko goin loco when Hanekawa showed up? Could it be that she thought her Onii-chan was dating Hanekawa? She doesn't know about Tsundere-chan right?

And why was Hanekawa walking around with Araragi with only her undies and no footwear on?
1. I just think Hanekawa wants a good friend and confidant. Araragi hasn't been there for her recently. He's always running off to Hitagi's house I suppose. In the past I get the impression that he would stay back at school with Hanekawa.

2. I have seen abused/disturbed/stressed out girls leave their homes naked just to meet a friend to talk with and cry to. Stress does things cruel to you, especially abusive family stress.
Zetsubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:49   Link #94
aulzon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubo View Post
1. I just think Hanekawa wants a good friend and confidant. Araragi hasn't been there for her recently. He's always running off to Hitagi's house I suppose. In the past I get the impression that he would stay back at school with Hanekawa.

2. I have seen abused/disturbed/stressed out girls leave their homes naked just to meet a friend to talk with and cry to. Stress does things cruel to you, especially abusive family stress.
From what I understand (from what ickem and other novel readers say) there is also a stress from regret. She probably regrets not catching Araragi before Senjougahara. I think there is real love though but I don't know how much of it is caused by her wanting to be loved (because of her family issues) or real romantic interest in Araragi. I probably think Araragi making plans with Senjougahara is the straw that broke the camel's back.
aulzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:54   Link #95
Miss Meow

i hope he doesnt change his mind, and leaves senjougahara for that cat girl ><
Miss Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 17:59   Link #96
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person

Hahah, Nekomimi.
Old 2009-09-20, 18:02   Link #97
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senarious View Post
Great episode...
Well I always like Hanekawa. But her posessed form is really beautiful XD.
Anyway I am still wishing that ep 12 will be last ep of tsubasa cat and Shaft will stream Koyomi Vamp. Well one can dream, right.
There's no way this will be the case because the next episode covers only a single chapter in Tsubasa Cat.

「ほら、私が、私の家で、二人きりで、昼となく夜となく、散々面倒見てあげたじゃない」
「………………」
 何故わざわざそんな言い方をする……。
 父親のいるところで、父親不在のときに家で二人きりになった話題など……。
ickem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-20, 18:08   Link #98
EGFontanilla
Charming General Person

If this was a normal anime, Hanekawa would be breaking out with pimples, not turning into Nekomimi. But, I digress. x)
Old 2009-09-20, 18:22   Link #99
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well the time jumping did throw me off a little until I got a handle on what they were doing. Interesting that following one of Araragi's less successful attempts to help someone he may be getting involved again with an oddity that wasn't completely solved the previous time. Just wonder if he's any more prepared this time. Well I guess after getting swung around by his intestines he'll be less intimated when facing an energy draining cat.

I'm just wondering when we're actually going to see Senjougahara again. Probably sooner or later but she really has fallen out of things lately.
Old 2009-09-20, 18:24   Link #100
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Yea, Senjougahara needs another appearance.

Loved the episode, didn't get the references, loved the re-cap about Tsubasa Cat, can't wait for 12.

Last edited by Miyuki-ism; 2009-09-20 at 20:28.
Miyuki-ism is offline   Reply With Quote