AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-04-16, 10:07   Link #13701
X207
Gamyūsa

to tell the truth i dont mind Koko that much, its slightly annoying to drop the A but its nothing compared to other changes. changing anti-thesis to anti-schoolers and outcast ayashi to monstrels are the worst examples. im glad they got rid of abominable snow girl, snow fairies is still pretty bad but its easier on the eyes to read.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 10:14   Link #13702
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
to tell the truth i dont mind Koko that much, its slightly annoying to drop the A but its nothing compared to other changes. changing anti-thesis to anti-schoolers and outcast ayashi to monstrels are the worst examples. im glad they got rid of abominable snow girl, snow fairies is still pretty bad but its easier on the eyes to read.
I didn't mind Monstrels that much but I think simple "Outcasts" would have sufficed. And they made it Anti-schoolers!? What the hell!? Snow fairy is better but its still not accurate. I wish there was a way to tell Viz how much they suck, but there isn't, lol.

EDIT: It would seem, even with the poor translation and half assed editing, R+V II is selling well: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ist-april-4-10

Last edited by DragoZERO; 2010-04-16 at 10:35.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 10:48   Link #13703
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I didn't mind Monstrels that much but I think simple "Outcasts" would have sufficed. And they made it Anti-schoolers!? What the hell!? Snow fairy is better but its still not accurate. I wish there was a way to tell Viz how much they suck, but there isn't, lol.

EDIT: It would seem, even with the poor translation and half assed editing, R+V II is selling well: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ist-april-4-10
now that you mention it, i'd have settled for outcasts had it been that way. VIZ doesn't have a postcard feedback system? if so it would be useful. im not that surprsed the manga is doing so well with viz, the series may not on par with the biggest series but its still a very good series by itelf. it wouldn't have stopped me from buying the 11 volumes published if i knew before hand the annoying name alterations. i just ignore the bad names and use the better names. they gave inner moka green hair on the se2 v1 manga, it looks nice even if they didnt go for silver.

Last edited by X207; 2010-04-16 at 10:58.
Old 2010-04-16, 10:52   Link #13704
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Mizore is a prime example and because of what monster she is, her name was ruined when brought to NA. They essentially changed what kind of monster she is since she is different from the abominable snowman. They changed her name to match the mythos of NA and that was wrong, so very wrong.
Yeah, it should have been the abominable snow-WOMAN! I mean, where the hell were their eyes staring... j/k :P
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 10:54   Link #13705
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
now that you mention it, i'd have settled for outcasts had it been that way. VIZ doesn't have a postcard feedback system? if so it would be useful.
They say they have one...but it's just a survey to gather information about their readers.
Old 2010-04-16, 11:01   Link #13706
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
They say they have one...but it's just a survey to gather information about their readers.
thanks, looks like they didnt bother to continue with the surveys too much after publishing the volumes . they did change it to snow fairies but i dont know if its going to impact their judgement for future names. too bad they couldn't use snow girl/woman for Mizore's race.
Old 2010-04-16, 11:23   Link #13707
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Anyone else thinks that R+V will continue to be a #1 seller?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:49   Link #13708
yongshun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It is already is the #1 best seller from april 4th to the 10th. This series has almost everything going for it, romance, drama, comedy, action, and decent artwork.

Head or Gut?
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 11:56   Link #13709
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
It definitely will. And with my luck, they'll make a box set after I bought all of the individual volumes.

It still boggles me why the anime was botched up so, it would have been much more popular in Japan and overseas.
Old 2010-04-16, 12:35   Link #13710
microgamer
Inventor of Tapping

I'm excited that Volume 1 of Season II is out. I've been wanting to buy R+V manga, but the first season didn't have consistently good art, and I didn't want to just buy randomly from the middle.

It looks like the translation is a little bit better this time around too. I agree that taking out the 'a' from Kokoa is wrong (don't they pronounce it 'ko- ko- a' in the anime?), but I can deal. The drawing of boxes instead of redrawing kinda irks me too, but I'll probably start buying Season II manga once they come out.
microgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 12:41   Link #13711
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgamer View Post
I'm excited that Volume 1 of Season II is out. I've been wanting to buy R+V manga, but the first season didn't have consistently good art, and I didn't want to just buy randomly from the middle.

It looks like the translation is a little bit better this time around too. I agree that taking out the 'a' from Kokoa is wrong (don't they pronounce it 'ko- ko- a' in the anime?), but I can deal. The drawing of boxes instead of redrawing kinda irks me too, but I'll probably start buying Season II manga once they come out.
yea the art in the beginning was just mediocre but got better as it went along, but it's to be expected Ikeda was just starting out in the beginning, it's only natural that he'd get better as time went on.

But anyway, it's good news that R+V continues to be a top seller! Don't animation companies realize how popular R+V really is? All these sells should give incentive to start a series more faithful to the manga source.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 12:45   Link #13712
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by microgamer View Post
What? You expect the guy to be an expert right off the bat? You can't say something like that.

I think how the manga is drawn in the beginning is perfect since it matches the tone of the series. As it got more serious, the characters became more refined and all. It worked out great.
Old 2010-04-16, 13:10   Link #13713
Xagzan

Quote:
It definitely will. And with my luck, they'll make a box set after I bought all of the individual volumes.

It still boggles me why the anime was botched up so, it would have been much more popular in Japan and overseas.
I'm still waiting for a "Revamped" anime.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 13:48   Link #13714
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Wait another 5 or 10 years, it's bound to be recycled by then. Though I kinda wish they pushed it more like how Key did to Kanon, one series in 2003, and then the remake 3 years later.
Old 2010-04-16, 13:54   Link #13715
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I wish I could trademark that.
Old 2010-04-16, 14:19   Link #13716
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrrDraxin View Post
Wait another 5 or 10 years, it's bound to be recycled by then. Though I kinda wish they pushed it more like how Key did to Kanon, one series in 2003, and then the remake 3 years later.
That would be sweet. Not like there isn't a market for vampire stuff right now off the back of Twilight, let alone a reasonably high popularity anyway.
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 15:12   Link #13717
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

I'm thinking about picking up the Viz R+V volumes soon but what are these boxes that you guys are talking about? I've looked through some of the volumes at a Barnes and Noble and I didn't notice any huge glaring boxes over anything. Can someone provide a scan showing these boxes?

I also find the altering of some of the names really stupid - abominable snow girl, monstrels, Anti-schoolers, Koko...WTF? Snow fairy is kinda acceptable.
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 15:36   Link #13718
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
I'm thinking about picking up the Viz R+V volumes soon but what are these boxes that you guys are talking about? I've looked through some of the volumes at a Barnes and Noble and I didn't notice any huge glaring boxes over anything. Can someone provide a scan showing these boxes?
It's when text outside a bubble is written on top of something, like a scenery.
Old 2010-04-16, 15:52   Link #13719
FriedRice84
Beef Fried Rice

Ah, ok, thanks!

I can see how that would be annoying. Sucks that they just can't redraw it
FriedRice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-16, 16:01   Link #13720
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedRice84 View Post
The boxes that are being spoken of are the ones that cover the text that isn't contained in a pre-defined box or bubble in the original japanese raw. A good example would be this and the previous page. With this scanlation, no boxes were put there in those panels to cover the original text, in the localized versions, boxes were put over those instead with the text put over that. In other words, the redrawing was very minimal for VIZ's version as well, kinda like a speedlation you get with some groups that want to put a new chapter of any given manga out the next day after the raw became available. Lots of cutting corners going on.

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire