Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2017-02-14, 14:50   Link #20241
joako210293
goomoonryong666

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
I didn´t say that we will see it in next chapter : ) I guess we will get to that part in 4-5 chapters. But it depends how much they will cut. I am really curious how much they will show actually.
mmm from my point of view it would be something like this: next chapter about hajime and yue talking each other - next chapter point of view of kaori and the rest - next hajime and yue descending the dungeon and finding the hydra - next chapter the fight with the hydra and the kiss with yue - next hajime waking up and yue being yue with him being naked

something like that until they reach the last floor
joako210293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-14, 18:30   Link #20242
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

The manga artwork continues to impress especially on how detailed & fearsome the monsters look
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It also wouldn't lose to the cuteness of the LN artwork
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2017-02-14, 19:47   Link #20243
sierra117
Harem Seeker

I think next chapter should be talking and Hajime making the sniper rifle(forgot its name) then 2 later chapters should be their journey deeper into the Abyss and meet the Hydra in the end of 2nd chapter, because of its epicness, I think the Hydra Battle should last at least 2-3 chapters
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 10:10   Link #20244
SineMora
Wait for it...

Can't wait for Kaori's "Thieving Cat" or "I think my position as the main heroine is being compromised" afterwards...

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 16:20   Link #20245
Triok123

Just a question i have been wondering a bit, while we know that hajime's harem love him, how does he feel about them??....ok i got that he loves yue because obvious reason, shia..ok because of constant approach.. kaori...more or less too....tio not so sure but since she is there all the time ok too....but while is undestanble to certain degree that the rest would fall for him (shizuku being saved...the teacher same?..the princess same?...remia becase of myuu?) i just can't picture hajime falling for them..i mean there is no reason at all. maybe the teacher because of humanity stuff...but the rest i fail to see how he just kind love them just because they confessed.
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-16, 06:50   Link #20246
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
Just a question i have been wondering a bit, while we know that hajime's harem love him, how does he feel about them??....ok i got that he loves yue because obvious reason, shia..ok because of constant approach.. kaori...more or less too....tio not so sure but since she is there all the time ok too....but while is undestanble to certain degree that the rest would fall for him (shizuku being saved...the teacher same?..the princess same?...remia becase of myuu?) i just can't picture hajime falling for them..i mean there is no reason at all. maybe the teacher because of humanity stuff...but the rest i fail to see how he just kind love them just because they confessed.
The simple answer is that yes, he does love them all. The concrete reasons for liking each girl aren't all cut and dried though. In the broadest sense, simply by staying by his side and remaining unwavering in their determination to be with him is what gradually earns them a place in his heart as time goes on. Bear in mind that with the time skip at the end of the series, even the girls who didn't get to spend much time with him over the course of the story had the opportunity to make their approach then, so there's no telling what happened. In particular, for Aiko and Liliana that seems to have been the case. Looking deeper than that, well, the text offers some hints about Hajime's feelings, though it can be subtle since he isn't particularly honest about them most of the time.

With Tio, as Yue's diary points out in volume 5, Hajime actually enjoys their S&M play, which puts a lot of their interactions throughout the series into a different perspective. He also thinks of her as reliable since she usually helps him figure out the theme of the labyrinths.

For Remia, on top of being Myuu's mother, she is one of the few girls who is able to casually approach Hajime without raising his guard, and the writing has mentioned that they seem strangely close. Her advice when he was agonizing over separating from Myuu was also pivotal for his character development.

Shizuku is someone Hajime thought well of even back in Japan, and her more innocent approach towards him is something that he finds very attractive. Coupled with their friendly relationship and her ability to grasp his weaknesses, it's no small wonder why Yue and Kaori view her as the last boss in the battle between women.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 06:34   Link #20247
Aznroyal
Minor Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
The simple answer is that yes, he does love them all. The concrete reasons for liking each girl aren't all cut and dried though. In the broadest sense, simply by staying by his side and remaining unwavering in their determination to be with him is what gradually earns them a place in his heart as time goes on. Bear in mind that with the time skip at the end of the series, even the girls who didn't get to spend much time with him over the course of the story had the opportunity to make their approach then, so there's no telling what happened. In particular, for Aiko and Liliana that seems to have been the case. Looking deeper than that, well, the text offers some hints about Hajime's feelings, though it can be subtle since he isn't particularly honest about them most of the time.

With Tio, as Yue's diary points out in volume 5, Hajime actually enjoys their S&M play, which puts a lot of their interactions throughout the series into a different perspective. He also thinks of her as reliable since she usually helps him figure out the theme of the labyrinths.

For Remia, on top of being Myuu's mother, she is one of the few girls who is able to casually approach Hajime without raising his guard, and the writing has mentioned that they seem strangely close. Her advice when he was agonizing over separating from Myuu was also pivotal for his character development.

Shizuku is someone Hajime thought well of even back in Japan, and her more innocent approach towards him is something that he finds very attractive. Coupled with their friendly relationship and her ability to grasp his weaknesses, it's no small wonder why Yue and Kaori view her as the last boss in the battle between women.
Those descriptions are on point. Although they didn't really use too much time to develop the relationship between Hajime and some of the girls, it was done well enough to at least accept the fact that they manage to ease their way in his heart. Although I'm not complaining about the girls that end up with him, I find it kind of odd how lily made it into his harem. Her regrettable princess mode when interacting with Hajime was fun to read, but that was pretty much it. Epilogue stories aside, do you think that Lily and Hajime's interactions were really enough to justify her addition?

Last edited by Aznroyal; 2017-02-17 at 08:48.
Aznroyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 23:44   Link #20248
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Ah, J novel. Hm. What are the odds? Supposedly the creator announced the tl, just waiting for the official announcement
Old 2017-02-18, 00:07   Link #20249
soularc55
7th dimensional king

J novel creator apparently.
Old 2017-02-18, 01:25   Link #20250
InfinityDragonGod

For a second I thought you were teasing us. But you were right.
J Novel Club officially licensed the series!!!!!

English Title
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest

Two parts of the first volume was translated. I'm not sure why, but I didn't expect it to licensed.
But I will be happy as long as the web novel version can still be translated.
InfinityDragonGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 01:49   Link #20251
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityDragonGod View Post
For a second I thought you were teasing us. But you were right.
J Novel Club officially licensed the series!!!!!

English Title
Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest

Two parts of the first volume was translated. I'm not sure why, but I didn't expect it to licensed.
But I will be happy as long as the web novel version can still be translated.
The founder/President of J-Novel was asked about his thoughts on aggressive DMCAs:

Quote:
Asshole implies they are doing it out of malice or spite. That's definitely not true. DMCAs are in fact, quite a pain in the butt to do and I'm sure they wouldn't do them if it weren't for pressure from within the company.
Sometimes people infringe on your rights and it requires legal measures like DMCAs to get people to stop, but what I don't like (or think are productive) are blanket DMCAs that covers tons of series at once that don't or won't have legal releases.
J-Novel Club's policy is: we ask nicely. And if you refuse, we crush you with our merciless translation quality and speed.
If you're willing to stick with terrible quality TL, I guess you're fine.
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 02:39   Link #20252
borisdrakoni

Sadly, the title being mistranslated right from the beginning doesn't really give me much hope about the project. Seeing Synergist being used for Hajime's job also makes me wonder if they're just borrowing terminology from the existing WN translations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznroyal View Post
Those descriptions are on point. Although they didn't really use too much time to develop the relationship between Hajime and some of the girls, it was done well enough to at least accept the fact that they manage to ease their way in his heart. Although I'm not complaining about the girls that end up with him, I find it kind of odd how lily made it into his harem. Her regrettable princess mode when interacting with Hajime was fun to read, but that was pretty much it. Epilogue stories aside, do you think that Lily and Hajime's interactions were really enough to justify her addition?
Personally, I've always found Lily to be an interesting case. Despite actually being the first girl from Tortus that Hajime spent some time around, their chats from prior to Hajime's transformation were only ever mentioned in passing much later in the story.

A couple of things stand out to me from their interactions. The first would be during Lily's engagement celebration. When Lily asked Hajime to save her, despite being almost certain that she would be rejected, Hajime readily agreed to help her without any hesitation. Though he justified his actions by claiming it was for Kaori's sake, this was also a rare instance where Hajime proactively decided to save someone without first being asked to do so by one of the girls, so it's worthy of note.

Another interesting point came late in the story following the events at the Maou castle when Aiko and Lily had more or less coerced Hajime into calling them by their given names without honorifics. When Kaori brought it up later, Hajime made an excuse that he was just reading the atmosphere, but she seemed to be convinced that he was not being honest. This is rather telling considering the implied significance of the act.

To be honest, I'm not really all that surprised that Lily was included in the harem. There are signs fairly early on that she would probably end up falling for Hajime(ever notice how she never really tries to rely on Kouki for anything, even though he's the "Hero"?). Even with their more comical interactions, the way Hajime tends to forget her existence or ends up ignoring her is fairly similar to how he acts with Tio at times, whereas the times where he has teased Lily or otherwise purposefully upsets her are fairly reminiscent to interactions he has with Kaori and Shizuku on occasion.
Old 2017-02-18, 03:03   Link #20253
sparhawk1610
Asura

Well, if they will release paperback I will definitely buy it. But I think that most of ppl here read LN up to vol 5 already.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 03:09   Link #20254
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Sadly, the title being mistranslated right from the beginning doesn't really give me much hope about the project. Seeing Synergist being used for Hajime's job also makes me wonder if they're just borrowing terminology from the existing WN translations.

The title translation isn't precisely literal but we wanted something that flowed at least a little bit better so that's why we omitted "class". Keeping arifureta in the title is copying the strategy from konosuba's English release which maintains the "Google" ability of the English version for fans who just call it by the standard nickname in the fandom.

As for using synergist, yes we decided to keep that term from the fan translation as it was reasonable and people seemed to like it.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 12:01   Link #20255
Aznroyal
Minor Character

Quote:

Personally, I've always found Lily to be an interesting case. Despite actually being the first girl from Tortus that Hajime spent some time around, their chats from prior to Hajime's transformation were only ever mentioned in passing much later in the story.

A couple of things stand out to me from their interactions. The first would be during Lily's engagement celebration. When Lily asked Hajime to save her, despite being almost certain that she would be rejected, Hajime readily agreed to help her without any hesitation. Though he justified his actions by claiming it was for Kaori's sake, this was also a rare instance where Hajime proactively decided to save someone without first being asked to do so by one of the girls, so it's worthy of note.

Another interesting point came late in the story following the events at the Maou castle when Aiko and Lily had more or less coerced Hajime into calling them by their given names without honorifics. When Kaori brought it up later, Hajime made an excuse that he was just reading the atmosphere, but she seemed to be convinced that he was not being honest. This is rather telling considering the implied significance of the act.

To be honest, I'm not really all that surprised that Lily was included in the harem. There are signs fairly early on that she would probably end up falling for Hajime(ever notice how she never really tries to rely on Kouki for anything, even though he's the "Hero"?). Even with their more comical interactions, the way Hajime tends to forget her existence or ends up ignoring her is fairly similar to how he acts with Tio at times, whereas the times where he has teased Lily or otherwise purposefully upsets her are fairly reminiscent to interactions he has with Kaori and Shizuku on occasion.
My understanding of what occurred during the Maou castle arc is pretty choppy so I guess I may have missed those moments, but i can see how she managed to fit in when you compare her interactions with him like Tio's. I kind of pictured her as less regrettable version of that maso elf whose name I can't remember xD. Thinking about it like that I can see how all the little pieces fit into place. Did they really have interactions before the fall though? I don't remember reading about any interactions then
Aznroyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 13:27   Link #20256
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
The title translation isn't precisely literal but we wanted something that flowed at least a little bit better so that's why we omitted "class". Keeping arifureta in the title is copying the strategy from konosuba's English release which maintains the "Google" ability of the English version for fans who just call it by the standard nickname in the fandom.

As for using synergist, yes we decided to keep that term from the fan translation as it was reasonable and people seemed to like it.
I see. For me, I usually get caught up with how the "de" particle has been interpreted in the title. Rather than seeing it as a linear progression of going from a common job to being the world's strongest, based on the context of the overall story I've always viewed it as the common job is the means by which Hajime became the world's strongest. After all, it is mainly his artifacts that allow him to overcome the toughest situations in the story, none of which would have been possible without that ordinary job of his. Haha, though I'm definitely no expert in the subtleties of the Japanese language by any stretch of the definition, so there is always the possibility that I am totally off-base.

That all aside, I do want to wish you the best of luck in your endeavors on the story. As a longtime fan of this series I would naturally like to see it succeed in every medium and market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznroyal View Post
My understanding of what occurred during the Maou castle arc is pretty choppy so I guess I may have missed those moments, but i can see how she managed to fit in when you compare her interactions with him like Tio's. I kind of pictured her as less regrettable version of that maso elf whose name I can't remember xD. Thinking about it like that I can see how all the little pieces fit into place. Did they really have interactions before the fall though? I don't remember reading about any interactions then
Yeah, it was only mentioned in a passing remark in chapter 99 of the WN when Hajime's party encountered Lily after leaving Ankaji. During the time leading up to their first run at Orcus(this was at least a couple of weeks, if I recall properly), she would sometimes visit the classmates to chat with them. As she was becoming especially close to Kaori and Shizuku, it's only natural that she had also met with Hajime on more than one occasion since Kaori tended to gravitate towards him at most opportunities. Part of what made the gag of Hajime forgetting about Lily funnier was the fact that he had easily remembered the merchant from the Yunker company immediately despite having only associated with him the one time.
Old 2017-02-18, 13:32   Link #20257
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
I see. For me, I usually get caught up with how the "de" particle has been interpreted in the title. Rather than seeing it as a linear progression of going from a common job to being the world's strongest, based on the context of the overall story I've always viewed it as the common job is the means by which Hajime became the world's strongest. After all, it is mainly his artifacts that allow him to overcome the toughest situations in the story, none of which would have been possible without that ordinary job of his. Haha, though I'm definitely no expert in the subtleties of the Japanese language by any stretch of the definition, so there is always the possibility that I am totally off-base.

That all aside, I do want to wish you the best of luck in your endeavors on the story. As a longtime fan of this series I would naturally like to see it succeed in every medium and market.
Oh yeah, a literal translation would be "The World's Strongest By Way of A Commonplace Job Class".

But anyway, it's not like every synergist ends up as strong as he is, right? So it makes sense to say he takes his commonplace class and pushes it all the way to the top, would be how I interpret our english "From Commonplace to World's Strongest" is describing not so much his job class, but his role in the world, kind of.
In any case it's just way more compact and fits on the cover more nicely.

Note: We're probably going to update a few of the name spellings we used in the first 2 parts to better match the germanic origin. Discussing with the translator now.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2017-02-18, 14:43   Link #20258
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Oh yeah, a literal translation would be "The World's Strongest By Way of A Commonplace Job Class".

But anyway, it's not like every synergist ends up as strong as he is, right? So it makes sense to say he takes his commonplace class and pushes it all the way to the top, would be how I interpret our english "From Commonplace to World's Strongest" is describing not so much his job class, but his role in the world, kind of.
In any case it's just way more compact and fits on the cover more nicely.

Note: We're probably going to update a few of the name spellings we used in the first 2 parts to better match the germanic origin. Discussing with the translator now.
I can agree with that. After all, Hajime isn't alone in that regard in the story. Kaori was also able to become the world's greatest healer because of the sheer amount of effort she put into becoming stronger, obtaining abilities and power far surpassing even her classmate Ayako who possesses the same job as her. From a typesetting perspective, I can definitely see why a compact title would be more appealing.

Incidentally, is there any chance for the short story papers that the various retailers in Japan offer along with the volume releases to be translated as well? Even though the story content doesn't really have an impact on the main plot of the novels, they are still enjoyable little segments nonetheless, so I'm sure the fan base would be quite appreciative. As it is now, they're pretty tough to come by outside of Japan.
Old 2017-02-18, 14:44   Link #20259
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
I can agree with that. After all, Hajime isn't alone in that regard in the story. Kaori was also able to become the world's greatest healer because of the sheer amount of effort she put into becoming stronger, obtaining abilities and power far surpassing even her classmate Ayako who possesses the same job as her. From a typesetting perspective, I can definitely see why a compact title would be more appealing.

Incidentally, is there any chance for the short story papers that the various retailers in Japan offer along with the volume releases to be translated as well? Even though the story content doesn't really have an impact on the main plot of the novels, they are still enjoyable little segments nonetheless, so I'm sure the fan base would be quite appreciative. As it is now, they're pretty tough to come by outside of Japan.
Yes, but those will be the bonus content for our Premium Ebooks .
A lot easier to obtain than the original exclusives now at least.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2017-02-18, 14:56   Link #20260
dimlik

Quote:
Yes, but those will be the bonus content for our Premium Ebooks .
A lot easier to obtain than the original exclusives now at least.
Will the short stories be also contained in printed version of light novel, if we hope to see one in the future? Cause membership is not very convenient for me, but a printed book with this small stories is definitely worth of it. (or when it will be too late to buy membership for those Ebooks because of printed version, how can we get those small cute stories?)
dimlik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel