AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-07, 13:39   Link #41
RDNexus

I guess Meiling will also be out of this new series, since she was an Anime-original character.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 13:46   Link #42
CptChaos

Woah the nostalgia was more than real. Everything looked fantastic and had the exact feeling of the first season. It was great to see and hear everyone again. Especially Tange Sakura sounded as cute as ever.
CptChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 13:57   Link #43
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Man, has it been 20 years? IMO they should have let the new VAs voice the characters, as a lot of them grew up with CCS. I would have loved to see a new take on these characters. I mean, they didn't have the same cast with Tsubasa, so I thought they would go with someone new as well this time, so I'm a wee bit disappointed to be honest.

And yeah, now I remember... I'm more familiar with the manga than the previous anime, but Eriol just reminded me why I thought this wasn't family friendly. Well technically he is a thousand year-old shota, but still seeing him and that teacher still makes me go squick.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 14:00   Link #44
HandofFate

Felt sad seeing all the cards go blank.
And with gale, looks like a totally new card.

Like with all we seen in the series, the cards actually have souls and stuff. And Sakura made friends with all of them. So now all those friends are gone?
Old 2018-01-07, 14:47   Link #45
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
And yeah, now I remember... I'm more familiar with the manga than the previous anime, but Eriol just reminded me why I thought this wasn't family friendly. Well technically he is a thousand year-old shota, but still seeing him and that teacher still makes me go squick.
The non-magical schoolgirl with the teacher was a lot worse. What the hell is wrong with everyone involved?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 15:05   Link #46
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The non-magical schoolgirl with the teacher was a lot worse. What the hell is wrong with everyone involved?
lol sakura was one of the reasons animes made me lost my "innocence", pretty fast , seeying sakura brothers all "gay" toward "yukito" and sakura being all aiaiaiai yukito and even shouran being shota gay toward him and also tomoyo all "yuri" toward sakura and finally and not last the creep pedo teacher and sakura "elementary classmate" was what started to make me go "something i really wrong here" and not see animes/cartoons more in the same "innocent/pure" way i was seeying before .

At same time sakur was a "so beautifull serie it was a "so wrong one" in a way which if sakura first season was started nowadays i could have saw the "SJW" start a war against that serie and wishing it to burn in hell and japan be blowed way with all they "dirty minds" , thanks good a lot of fun and good series where not victim of the "today ignorance" and crazyness.
Old 2018-01-07, 16:25   Link #47
SeaDoor

Wow! This was like getting the old band back together again for a reunion tour. I think I watched the whole episode with a smile on my face. Hopefully we'll make it through the series without anyone losing an eye. Oh right, everything is going to be alright.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 18:10   Link #48
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Interesting how they set this up. It's not a 1:1 anime adaptation, but it's still based on the anime more than the manga (in the manga, she finds Syaoran getting on a bus and exchanges bears through the bus window, while the anime has her catch him right before boarding the plane and receive the bear without confessing; in this anime she traded bears at the plane terminal). Actually, the movies themselves might be canon even: we don't see her confess to Syaoran at the plane station, and that was the big thing in the movie: she'd received the bear but hadn't firmly confessed her feelings.

And yeah, I'm hoping Meilin shows up at some point. Since this's fairly established a stronger connection to the anime side, I'm betting we still have a good chance of seeing her.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 18:12   Link #49
RDNexus

It'd be nice if the whole Anime Continuity were taken into consideration. That 2nd Movie was memorable to me.
Old 2018-01-07, 18:31   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Meiling may get mentioned (but it's already a bad sign she wasn't in this episode since it updated us on pretty much every character close to Sakura), but I don't think she'll show up. With Sakura and Syaoran having confessed to each other and her giving up on Syaoran (IIRC), I feel she wouldn't add much to the series. She's useless when it comes to magical stuff too.
Old 2018-01-07, 18:52   Link #51
RDNexus

She didn't even appear on the Opening, so it may be garanteed she's out.
Old 2018-01-07, 20:41   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 20:48   Link #53
BWTraveller
Born to ship

One thing I've tried to figure out is whether Sakura's at the oldest or youngest end of the class. I know her birthday is on April 1st, but I've seen at least one story where a person was born that day and became the youngest person in class. Just how does Japan split it, is it a set date invariable across all years or does it change year to year according to the first day of actual school?
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-07, 23:46   Link #54
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Yay, we got to see Yue briefly in the first ep. I used to remember him looking older and stern, but here he looks very young? Maybe it's just me getting older and seeing this from a different age point of view?

Anyway, despite 20-years later, I actually found the first ep was as fun to watch now as it was with the first season. And the blossoming romance between Sakura and Syaoran is so cute (...although I really have to ignore their age while watching this).

Funny that the prequel followed the manga ending but the flashback in this ep1 showed the anime-original ending. That's confusing.

Aw, am I the only one to feel sad that the old card spirits are gone? They're not simply getting upgraded, but it looks like they're getting completely replaced. That's sad. Who's the ungrateful nit that did this to them?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 00:22   Link #55
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Someone counted all the cards sprawled out on Yue's table and it counted 53. This means that Madhouse recognizes the movies. Sadly, we still have no confirmation that Meiling would join the cast.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 03:15   Link #56
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

See everyone I told my friend that you can't have a Cardcaptor anime without at least three "Uweeh!" in a single episode! Then again she's also the one who used to say so many years ago that her father and brother were DILFs and BILFs respectively, so... yeah.

Looks like it's back to a card a week format again. Not that I'm complaining mind you, but I do hope there's a more compelling reason for all the cards getting "erased".

And that ED is adorable AF, and I'm all out of Metformin.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 03:26   Link #57
RDNexus

HAHA!!! So the Movies are (apparently) canon!!! BANZAI!!!
Old 2018-01-08, 05:28   Link #58
The 48th Ronin

Watching this made me think if we already reached the peak of the "Throwback Era".
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 08:48   Link #59
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 48th Ronin View Post
Watching this made me think if we already reached the peak of the "Throwback Era".
well, theres the 2 yamato remakes in this decade, and 3 revisits to Go Nagai this year. New Lupin and Sailor Moon a few years back

We just need a Macross and Uresei Yatsura remake
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-08, 11:35   Link #60
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post
well, theres the 2 yamato remakes in this decade, and 3 revisits to Go Nagai this year. New Lupin and Sailor Moon a few years back

We just need a Macross and Uresei Yatsura remake
Would holy grail for a new Slayers or Dirty Pair