AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Old 2017-09-11, 11:27   Link #1
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn

Boy pursuing a relationship with a sweet but troubled girl

I'm looking for some series where the hero is pursuing a slow relationship, starting with and possibly only aiming for friendship, with a girl who's rather troubled. Best examples are One Week Friends and Erased. In both cases, the girl is not wild or mean or anything, but she is very standoffish, unwilling to let anyone in, dark in her apparent personality, and suffering from some serious trauma that makes her unwilling to trust others. Doesn't matter whether we're talking about something romantic like One Week Friends or Kotoura-San, or something more focused on action or mystery. It also doesn't matter whether we're talking about a person whose troubles are realistic, like the physical abuse suffered by Kayo in Erased, or supernatural like Kotoura's problems related to her mind-reading ability. The core remains the same: a girl who is alone and hurt and pushes others away (and is perhaps rejected in return) and a guy who doesn't give up.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 16:28   Link #2
RichardFromMarple

The type O of anime requests Nadia: The Secret Of Blue Water fits quite well.
RichardFromMarple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-11, 18:47   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Elfen Lied, kind of.
Old 2017-09-12, 07:39   Link #4
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Elfen Lied, kind of.
Note that I mentioned the girls in my examples not being wild or mean. I'm fine with a brief defensive lashing out from time to time, but seriously no Lucy's please. Watching that through once was enough. Though Mayu kind of fits.
Old 2017-09-12, 19:57   Link #5
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I'm pretty sure I've recommended House of the Sun (aka Taiyou no Ie) to you before.

Is that the kind of story you want?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 10:30   Link #6
BWTraveller
Azure Dragon reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
I'm pretty sure I've recommended House of the Sun (aka Taiyou no Ie) to you before.

Is that the kind of story you want?
Loved that series. Somewhat like that, though I'd prefer something in which the boy and girl are peers. And where there was more of the boy reaching out and less of the girl reaching for him at the start. Again, think of Erased and Kayo's relationship to Satoru or the relationship between the MCs of One Week Friends.
Old 2017-09-13, 19:21   Link #7
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Hmm... how about Angel Densetsu?

That sounds a lot like the relationship between Kitano and Ikuno. Though it never becomes a romance between them.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-20, 23:08   Link #8
cyberdemon

I'm not sure how you feel about harems but Date a Live is built on the premise.

Clannad might fit. Main girl is sweet and shy. She has been held back because of an illness and has trouble fitting in because the friends she used to know have already graduated. Heck it could also work well as a gender inversed version as well.

Ai Yori Aoshi also is a good gender reversed one where the guy is kind yet troubled and the girl is the one pursuing him at the start.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2017-09-20 at 23:26.
cyberdemon is online now   Reply With Quote