AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-01-25, 15:45   Link #21
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
there is also Team Galaxy
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 15:49   Link #22
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^Actually, Totally Spies is still being aired in France (a sixth or seventh (I forget) season is coming out later this year). In fact, the series just released a origin film last Summer (to some accalim)...

Personally, I have always preffered the series in French...mostly because I never understood what anyone was saying, but the acting was still good enough that I never had to actually understand what was being said.

edit: RedShocktrooper partially beat me to the punch...
I believe totally spies does still air on fox kids in general. I might been wrong since I have not watched fox kids for a while now

Last edited by john_kun; 2010-01-26 at 12:41.
john_kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 15:55   Link #23
james0246

^LOL, I am not French (not even French-Canadian )...though that doesn't excuse your weird attitude towards France...I simply preferred the French cast, even if I do not understand anything they say, to the American cast (not that I ever watched either version enough to know the ins and outs of the various actors).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 17:27   Link #24
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

a lot of animators espically in our generation i think are influenced by eastern animes. Akira, Ninja Scroll, Gundam, Miyazaki to name a few.

i read an interview from the guys that did Avatar: Last airbender and they were talking about their influences.
Old 2010-01-26, 06:24   Link #25
roriconfan
Banned

Japan copied America (1960), then America copied Japan (1990). Let's what will happen the next time Japan copies America again (2020?).
Old 2010-01-26, 09:39   Link #26
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Imitation is the best form of flattery, isn't it?

As for the topic, I have been through a handful of anime-esque shows. I've watched WITCH, Totally Spies and Avatar: the Last Airbender too.

I have noticed how the French are totally into animation among European countries. I wonder what got them to start the boom of European cartoons...
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 10:50   Link #27
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by john_kun View Post
so you are french. well in that case I meant no offense to you personally.

I just don't like the arrogance of that language mostly. I believe totally spies does still air on fox kids in general. I might been wrong since I have not watched fox kids for a while now
actually fox kids for the most part has been axed to give affliates more time to broadcast what ever they want. This was due to cable tv channels such as Cartoonnetwork or Nickalodeon or disney.

Back to animation, for the most part, "american" kids shows still tend to use the terrible animation found in johnny bravo, ed, edd, and eddy, I mean just look at phineas and ferb, the animation is cheap and the only reason why I even watch any of this stuff is because of my little brother. Out of curiosity is courage, ed edd and eddy still airing new episodes are they just strictly on syndication on CN?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 11:58   Link #28
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

How about the The Powerpuff Girls? That takes a lot from anime, and was a pretty comical show too. There was even a Japanese adaptation called Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z.
Old 2010-01-26, 12:13   Link #29
roriconfan
Banned

There is another called Magic Kingdoms or something like that. A very simplified Digimon variant. It sucks.
Old 2010-01-26, 12:48   Link #30
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
How about the The Powerpuff Girls? That takes a lot from anime, and was a pretty comical show too. There was even a Japanese adaptation called Demashita! Powerpuff Girls Z.
Haha yeah i remember power puff girls. It is still today one of the best shows cartoon network had to offer. 90's power puffs where so brilliant it so sad they had to ruin it with those knew very pointless seasons that really failed in all ways including to get those morals I loved in the originals.

And yeah I saw some eps of that PG Z stuff. it was ok show but never as good as the original.

anyways so they almost axed fox kids? but what about jetix? did it not replace fox kids in a way?
Old 2010-01-26, 13:58   Link #31
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The early '90s was a small transient Golden Age of hilarious witty American cartoons. And I can say that because I've been around much longer than that
Old 2010-01-26, 14:40   Link #32
john_kun
Banned

well i grew up in the 90's practically but still I can sort out good cartoons from bad
Old 2010-01-26, 20:49   Link #33
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

i think it's because people now and parents espically see everything as a learning oppertunity. everything has to have a message and not just be a cartoon.
Old 2010-01-26, 21:02   Link #34
Nosauz

some of the best writing has to be from pinky and the brain and the show they spun off from... the animaniacs. Just some of the funniest skits ever done.
Old 2010-01-26, 21:06   Link #35
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Animanics was made of Complete Win.

Anyway, let us not forget the likes of Ben 10, Avatar and the Big O.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 21:12   Link #36
john_kun
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayote View Post
i think it's because people now and parents espically see everything as a learning opportunity. everything has to have a message and not just be a cartoon.
well I don't mind that at all. I enjoyed the power puffs grown up morals in children cartoons. morals and truth about the cold hearted life we live in.
Old 2010-01-26, 21:16   Link #37
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The early '90s was a small transient Golden Age of hilarious witty American cartoons. And I can say that because I've been around much longer than that
Thank you for somewhat validating an opinion I was not sure I held due to personal bias or actual accuracy.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 21:58   Link #38
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Thank you for somewhat validating an opinion I was not sure I held due to personal bias or actual accuracy.
well shows like animaniacs, pinky and the brain, reboot, duckman, futurama, the simpsons, where all aimed at an older demographic that also tried to get the interest of adult tastes.

For life of me why do you people not like Venture Brothers? It seriously has to be some of the best writing, not to mention the satire, just think Blackula's and samuel L jackson.. damn near genius.
Old 2010-01-26, 22:28   Link #39
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Animanics was made of Complete Win.

Anyway, let us not forget the likes of Ben 10, Avatar and the Big O.
I loved the Good Idea & Bad Idea, those were great.

And Ben 10 is surprisingly good. I enjoy it when I happen to catch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
For life of me why do you people not like Venture Brothers? It seriously has to be some of the best writing, not to mention the satire, just think Blackula's and samuel L jackson.. damn near genius.
I love that show. Oh my god is it hilarious. Brock is the man. http://video.adultswim.com/the-ventu...ng-samson.html