AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 18:39   Link #1221
Nosauz

Why is this under tragedy tag? I really don't see any true tragedy forming unless a tragedy may ensue with shicika's sister joining the sword hunt in some twisted family feud, other than that for the most part the animation and the storytelling seems to be pointing toward a much more lighthearted series than tragic in nature.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 20:43   Link #1222
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Why is this under tragedy tag? I really don't see any true tragedy forming unless a tragedy may ensue with shicika's sister joining the sword hunt in some twisted family feud, other than that for the most part the animation and the storytelling seems to be pointing toward a much more lighthearted series than tragic in nature.
I've managed to avoid being spoiled.. but I understand there's some emotional roller coasters ahead around the climax. So hang onto your seat...
Old 2010-05-25, 21:54   Link #1223
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Read the above post. All I can say is shit is going to get heavy. If you want another hint then research on Nisio's writing style, people know what I mean.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 23:00   Link #1224
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Any link with "chest", or is it just a coincidence?
Probably. Maybe. But most likely not. *coughcoughmazui*
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 00:24   Link #1225
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
congrats to the first sword owner that survived Shichika's killing, in the end we still not able to see his face...
Gratz to the ninja as well for being the first staying alive a whole episode.
Old 2010-05-26, 00:35   Link #1226
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Though not like he got through the episode without damage. Though it was self-inflicted . Man those ninjas have a tough time when this is really their best episode in surviving.
Old 2010-05-26, 02:59   Link #1227
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I've managed to avoid being spoiled.. but I understand there's some emotional roller coasters ahead around the climax. So hang onto your seat...
Isn't this technically supposed to be six episodes? thus climaxing at the half way point. Unfortunately my japanese is shoddy and i don't feel like ciphering through a light novel at snails pace to get into yet. I mean I hope there is tragedy but at least from the current tone of what's been shown it's very somewhat happy go lucky? I mean and if bakemonogatari is any indication of nisio's mellowing I just don't see tragedy in the stars and if tragedy does come hopefully it won't be whiplashing or atleast won't be very abrupt.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 03:37   Link #1228
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
& with that, the running joke that a Maniwa dies in each episode has ended , though like FlareKnight did say it's not like he left the episode without any damage.

It's about time a Maniwa has appeared and didn't turn out to being your typical enemy like the rest. I'm looking forward to seeing Houou deliver eventually when he get's his time to shine.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:59   Link #1229
Nilie

Seriously, people.

It's been what, five months since their journey began and you here loyal fans STILL haven't gotten to writing fics about it? SHAME ON YEE!

I made this comm http://community.livejournal.com/katanagatarific/ yesterday, so please get busy and typing or scratching ink on paper.

This fandom has such great potential and the characters are just sooo tempting us to write them torturously.

And if anyone here has any clue how one creates a new category on Fanfiction.net, please get busy. It's only twelve episodes, let's not waste anymore time!

Now, ABOUT THE EPISODE itself:

Well, being the fan of the main pairing that I am, of course, I was happy to see some sort of relevant development in this slow, slow, -slowly and dirtily- developed relationship. (Evil masterful story tellers are evil masterful storytellers) However, if I don't get enough mushiness and cute moments before the end to satisfy the shipper within me, I think might tragicly cry.

That aside, the animation just keeps making me so happy, it is beautiful, gorgeous, truly the most satisfying aspect of this series for me, along with the character design. This show is rich and powerful despite its best efforts to pass off as lame in modesty. :P

Now, I wonder, will the next opening be different? Not that I have a problem with this one, but since we've been spoiled with a new ED each episode, perhaps since we're halfway through the episodes now, we'll get a new one? Possibly?
Old 2010-05-26, 05:26   Link #1230
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilie View Post
Seriously, people.

It's been what, five months since their journey began and you here loyal fans STILL haven't gotten to writing fics about it? SHAME ON YEE!

I made this comm http://community.livejournal.com/katanagatarific/ yesterday, so please get busy and typing or scratching ink on paper.

This fandom has such great potential and the characters are just sooo tempting us to write them torturously.

And if anyone here has any clue how one creates a new category on Fanfiction.net, please get busy. It's only twelve episodes, let's not waste anymore time!

Now, ABOUT THE EPISODE itself:

Well, being the fan of the main pairing that I am, of course, I was happy to see some sort of relevant development in this slow, slow, -slowly and dirtily- developed relationship. (Evil masterful story tellers are evil masterful storytellers) However, if I don't get enough mushiness and cute moments before the end to satisfy the shipper within me, I think might tragicly cry.

That aside, the animation just keeps making me so happy, it is beautiful, gorgeous, truly the most satisfying aspect of this series for me, along with the character design. This show is rich and powerful despite its best efforts to pass off as lame in modesty. :P

Now, I wonder, will the next opening be different? Not that I have a problem with this one, but since we've been spoiled with a new ED each episode, perhaps since we're halfway through the episodes now, we'll get a new one? Possibly?
To be fair, Bake has been here for almost a year now and the fanfictions still haven't shown up yet.

BTW this series is very hard to write fanfictions for, especially if you are trying to write something that takes place after the original storyline.

I guess you could per-se write the 4th battle and give your take on what happened.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 06:52   Link #1231
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
BTW this series is very hard to write fanfictions for, especially if you are trying to write something that takes place after the original storyline.
Then again, there is ton of space between episodes.

Quote:
Not a chance. OP will be kept consistent except for possible minor changes as certain events occur, but that's about it. And frankly, that's for the better. While EDs change, OP helps to keep the continuity between episodes. That's, after all, what a theme song should do. When familiar tune starts to play, you already know that things are about to get real. We'd probably hear something from Lantis (Music publisher) by now if there was another OP in the making, anyway.

Update (as of July): and I was completely wrong on the account of "no OP2".

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2010-07-01 at 15:34.
Old 2010-05-26, 06:58   Link #1232
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Seriously, people.

Not all of us write fanfics you know.

Also brilliant news here, official soundtrack will be released on June 23rd. Taku Iwasaki sure has been delivering with this score, and his works always work wonders stand alone, so i have no worries there. Preodered~
Old 2010-05-26, 07:08   Link #1233
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Also brilliant news here, official soundtrack
Cheerio! *punch* I kinda posted that already, 4 pages ago I think.
Wish there would be a tracklist available, seeing as how that's only the first volume, it would be interesting to at least guess what they would include.
Old 2010-05-26, 07:22   Link #1234
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Cheerio! *punch* I kinda posted that already, 4 pages ago I think.
Wish there would be a tracklist available, seeing as how that's only the first volume, it would be interesting to at least guess what they would include.
I remember it being mentioned, though wasn't 100% sure or not. My apologizes.

& yeah a track list would be nice. Nothing on the official site yeah, though will keep checking. Speaking of the site, i am loving the official image cards for each episode. Especially the one for this months episode.
Old 2010-05-26, 13:02   Link #1235
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Seriously, people.

Because.. frankly, most fan fiction sucks?? It might be different with a simpler less twisty story teller like Nishio to work from.... but the wordplay and dialog is a tall peak for most fanfic writers.
Old 2010-05-26, 15:29   Link #1236
Nilie

Quote:
Then again, there is ton of space between episodes.
My point exactly. What better way to waste time than waiting while being fandom productive.

Quote:
Not a chance.
D: !

Quote:
We'd probably hear something from Lantis (Music publisher) by now if there was another OP in the making, anyway.
T^T
Maybe they wanna surprise us? I can always hope for another troll-smack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
To be fair, Bake has been here for almost a year now and the fanfictions still haven't shown up yet.
Oh! Lookie, that is true. There is ONE ficcie.
I didn't think to look there and publish, though. Maybe others didn't either?

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I guess you could per-se write the 4th battle and give your take on what happened.
Oh! That would be absolutely wonderful. I am curious about it, just as much as anyone else I am sure.

And yes, the difficulty and complexity of this storyline does make it a challenge. But I'm the AU-pro and my brain is exploding, there is just almost no way to put this in an alternative universe. But I still want to try.

Besides, that doesn't lessen the potential for one-shot in between or prologues or epilogues! We need to stop finding excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Not all of us write fanfics you know.

Also brilliant news here, official soundtrack will be released ~
WEEEH! Finally! The 1st soundtrack!

Oh and I just mean to liven up a fandom that really has no reason to be so dead, honestly. Of course, I was addressing mainly the fanfiction authors, or other artists who like to contribute. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Because.. frankly, most fan fiction sucks?? It might be different with a simpler less twisty story teller like Nishio to work from.... but the wordplay and dialog is a tall peak for most fanfic writers.
Troo fax, and yet...

I really would be happy to see fellow fans try. Understatement, I would probably bake a party cake!

Last edited by Nilie; 2010-05-26 at 15:41.
Nilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 23:49   Link #1237
karinvampire
Ka Ra Ku Ri

Quote:

Yes it has tragedy just stay on a little longer lol.
karinvampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 23:54   Link #1238
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

The tragedy is:

Spoiler for GOD WHY:

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 03:58   Link #1239
Nilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
The tragedy is:

Spoiler for GOD WHY:

Yeah, that's almost not even a spoiler, but at least tell me that happens in style, please?
Spoiler for Like maybe...:
Old 2010-05-27, 04:56   Link #1240
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

THAT is not a tragedy at all! That's bloody awesome!
Although for Togame that might be quite a tragedy.
And yes, it'll happen with style.

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy