AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-28, 11:01   Link #1
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Tamako Market

At the end of this week's Chuunibyou episode, a CM aired that confirmed KyoAni's next project is Tamako Market and it will begin airing in January.

Supervisor is Naoko Yamada, Series composer is Reiko Yoshida, and the Character Designer is Yukiko Horiguchi.

This is an original work to my knowledge. Official site. Official Twitter

"Rice cakes, freshly pounded."

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2012-11-28 at 11:21.
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 11:05   Link #2
rulfo

I knew Yamada was up to something. This kinda explains why Ishidate is missing as well.

So I take it this is an original show?
Old 2012-11-28, 11:08   Link #3
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
I knew Yamada was up to something. This kinda explains why Ishidate is missing as well.

So I take it this is an original show?
Yes. Only they and the rest of the "Usagiyama Shopping District" are on the copyright.

Old 2012-11-28, 11:19   Link #4
Warm Mist

K-On! team again, that's really neat.

Waiting for more info, and holy shit did they surprise me with airing a show in Winter. A Kyoani show every season is finally a reality?
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 11:23   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Based on the fact that the stations listed for the broadcast are the very same that are currently airing Chuunibyou, I'm wondering if Pony Canyon (et al.) bought a two-cour slot and if this show will just take over starting in January. Of course, it could move to a different slot on all the same stations too, but it still makes me think that the same producers are probably involved to some degree. We'll see...
Old 2012-11-28, 11:25   Link #6
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Yes. Only they and the rest of the "Usagiyama Shopping District" are on the copyright.
After asking some people, it seems that he isn't listed. Nevertheless KA's are never listed since they're not the major staff members.

In any case this will probably be the same line up as K-ON ep 1. Ishidate's probably gonna do some work for the intro(not the Opening).
Old 2012-11-28, 11:30   Link #7
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Based on the fact that the stations listed for the broadcast are the very same that are currently airing Chuunibyou, I'm wondering if Pony Canyon (et al.) bought a two-cour slot and if this show will just take over starting in January. Of course, it could move to a different slot on all the same stations too, but it still makes me think that the same producers are probably involved to some degree. We'll see...
You're probably right, because they announced this series via a commercial at the end of today's Chuu2 episode which just aired.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 11:31   Link #8
comidule

Facebook page of tomako market already created !

Kyoto Animation for the win !

Nice Character design by the way. We can feel the crossing between K-on and Hyouka.
comidule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 11:32   Link #9
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
After asking some people, it seems that he isn't listed. Nevertheless KA's are never listed since they're not the major staff members.

In any case this will probably be the same line up as K-ON ep 1. Ishidate's probably gonna do some work for the intro(not the Opening).
My reply was for your question if it was original. I apologize for not stating it properly.

Mantanweb's article confirms it is a completely original story.

Old 2012-11-28, 11:33   Link #10
Warm Mist

Quote:

I think he meant that the show is 100% original, since there is no original creator credited.

Seems like the announcement is making a fuss. Already 1000 followers on twitter ~30 minutes after the CM aired.

So, the show is more or less one month away? I don't know how they're gonna market this, they'll have to go full force. I for one am hereby awaiting episode 1 for the glorious YamadaxHoriguchi comeback.
Old 2012-11-28, 11:33   Link #11
Midonin
Last Engage

If this does end up being a second wind of K-ON! (or even something like a Tamayura), that would be great.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 11:41   Link #12
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
.... and such was the birth of the Kyoani slot (let me dream for a moment, five more minutes )
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 11:50   Link #13
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Why? Just why?! I hoped KyoAni returned to better staff with Chuu2Byo but they are making another "moeshit for milking" now (((
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 11:55   Link #14
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Why? Just why?! I hoped KyoAni returned to better staff with Chuu2Byo but they are making another "moeshit for milking" now (((
They have different staff who can work on various sorts of shows to please different sorts of fans. They'd be fools not to make another show that tried to appeal to the K-On fanbase (or with the K-On staff) based on how crazily successful it was. And besides, to dismiss the show's story just based on the staff is rather presumptuous. (Heaven forfend the studio not become whatever you want it be for whatever reason...)

In any case, per the article linked earlier, it looks like this original story will also could be published under Kyoto Animation's own label, so supports my theory that both this and Chuunibyou are being produced by the same group.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-11-28 at 12:05. Reason: corrected
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 12:00   Link #15
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
it make money. deal with it.

anyway i hope there is something interesting in the show than you standard "cute girl doing cute thing". like God in Haruhi and delusional action in Chuni.

if not i probably just observe it from afar

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 12:01   Link #16
rulfo

It's being published as one of their LNs?

I thought this would be an original.
Old 2012-11-28, 12:03   Link #17
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
it make money. deal with it.

anyway i hope there is something interesting in the show than you standard "cute girl doing cute thing". like God in Haruhi and delusional action in Chuni.

if not i probably just observe it from afar
I just hope for the same. Or at least for romance show(but the chances are almost zero). I hated Hyouka and K-On S2 so I just hope they won't make smth similar now. They could make money from better stuff.
Nachtwandler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 12:04   Link #18
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:

I've not seen anything that states that it will be published as one of their LNs.

Old 2012-11-28, 12:04   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:

I guess they haven't announced that they're publishing it as a book yet. The Press Release just mentions that Kyoto Animation has launched their own novel label and that this is an original story. (I think they might release a book, but we'll see.)
Old 2012-11-28, 12:13   Link #20
Warm Mist

Quote:
I just hope for the same. Or at least for romance show(but the chances are almost zero). I hated Hyouka and K-On S2 so I just hope they won't make smth similar now. They could make money from better stuff.

Nah, au contraire, they need to make this an Aria.

We don't know much yet, but I hope at least for the setting to be interesting if we're going full iyashikei again. Yamada likes fantasy, and time's due for Kyoani to break out of highschool. The title gives me hope for something interesting, at least, as I don't see a "market" related anime functioning set in current Japan.

Tags
comedy, seinen