AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: Railgun Manga - Dream Ranker Arc Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 28.57%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 14.29%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-09-27, 06:24   Link #61
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
I may be the only person in the Railgun thread who hopes for this.
After reading about this chapter. I'm hoping for dream Touma to appear in this arc.
Old 2014-09-27, 10:13   Link #62
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPG_Fanatic View Post
After reading about this chapter. I'm hoping for dream Touma to appear in this arc.
I wonder how THAT would look like.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 11:00   Link #63
LevelSeven

Quote:
I wonder how THAT would look like.
touma in a string bikini coming to mikoto who finds herself on a beach with friends, he goes through his hair and behind him is the sun, he is about to talk but the moment he opens his mouth mikoto only hears RING!! RING!! RING!!
her ringer is ringing she need to go to school

or she is lucky and gains H-scenes without end and the H-mangakas will jump to the sky
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 11:05   Link #64
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I saw the word Indian Poker in the raws. Turns out that we may not actually be dealing with a Hindu mage, but instead a large scale game of Blind Man's Bluff where dreams are probably at stake.

Oh, cursed am I for having a vivid imagination. Thanks, LevelSeven.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 11:54   Link #65
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

@LevelSeven: bleach my mind!!!
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 12:47   Link #66
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
@LevelSeven: bleach my mind!!!
You asked for it, you know. Also, did I say that I want Lucid Dreaming?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 12:55   Link #67
Hiromin
A.K.A ElpIDa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I saw the word Indian Poker in the raws. Turns out that we may not actually be dealing with a Hindu mage, but instead a large scale game of Blind Man's Bluff where dreams are probably at stake.
And I was hoping we see some magic again in Railgun!
But, I also think this makes more sense in a way. Because why would a Hindu mage spread the cards he uses to cast his spells all-over AC? He would be exposing himself xD So I think this is another Kihara-plan where they use those cards to make people who use them "gamble" with their dreams at stake. And meanwhile they control the flow of the gambling within the dreams and thus control the brainwaves of the gamblers and use them to achieve some goal (?)
Old 2014-09-27, 13:12   Link #68
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I hope the magic side is involved in this arc.
Old 2014-09-27, 13:14   Link #69
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpIDa View Post
And I was hoping we see some magic again in Railgun!
But, I also think this makes more sense in a way. Because why would a Hindu mage spread the cards he uses to cast his spells all-over AC? He would be exposing himself xD So I think this is another Kihara-plan where they use those cards to make people who use them "gamble" with their dreams at stake. And meanwhile they control the flow of the gambling within the dreams and thus control the brainwaves of the gamblers and use them to achieve some goal (?)
Everything is tied to Level upper which will gain its ending in the Manga too

PS:
@ acertainstark
*pointing to dnivs post*

@magnus
You are welcome, PM me if you want more
Old 2014-09-27, 14:48   Link #70
LazyHunter

I always enjoy Misaki and Mikoto's interactions so the spoilers sound nice. I like the idea of the Railgun manga actually having a plot related to the magic side since it reinforces the fact it's happening in the same universe as the Index novels and Touma can't be the only one who has to deal with magicians making trouble in AC. Still too early to judge but this chapter sounds like a good start for an arc.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-27, 14:50   Link #71
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hence 'Dream Ranker'...

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-09-30 at 05:51.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 01:35   Link #72
Chosen_Hero

If he does appear I want Saten, Uiharu and Kuroko to be in rhe dream helping Mikoto then all of a sudden dream Touma appears in his biribiri vision look and falcon punches something out of existence, talks with the girls while giving Saten ammo to troll, giving Uiharu weird fantasies and enraging Kuroko to new levels than all of a sudden he dissapears to go help somewhere.

All of that could be done in one chapter.
Old 2014-09-28, 01:42   Link #73
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Touma can still appear, though. This arc ended on September 20, while the (n)Ice Boats Arc happened on the 25th.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-28, 03:08   Link #74
Hiromin
A.K.A ElpIDa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
Everything is tied to Level upper which will gain its ending in the Manga too
Yeah you're right. Until now all Railgun arcs were related to the Level Upper accident in one way or another. So it might be the case for this arc too.
Old 2014-09-28, 04:53   Link #75
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

You've got it all backwards. Everything is tied to the Sisters Arc. Level Upper was based on the Misaka Network.
Old 2014-09-28, 05:02   Link #76
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
You've got it all backwards. Everything is tied to the Sisters Arc. Level Upper was based on the Misaka Network.
And this would give us "sisters are the damsel in distress" again

I really hope we will not have them again, two big arcs as damsels is enough, they are even used in accels manga (and if i can guess, they will be used in other arcs of "kagaku accel" too )...

Btw, is it possible that someone wants to do the same stuff as the "fake magicians plan" in NT7? Copying esper brains and giving it to himself and this tied with Level upper but with the difference that the espers would die instead of falling into a coma

Or is this to dark for railgun
Old 2014-09-28, 05:11   Link #77
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

I think we've safely passed that phase. Well... technically Accelerator manga is still in the middle of it. Once that finishes we will definitely be past that phase.

But I'm fairly certain that this arc has nothing to do with the Sisters. Kihara Gensei was basically Railgun's version of ...Fiamma? If we include the anime as well, he's basically responsible for everything bad that happened. And he was defeated in the Daihaseisai Arc.

Its all new territory and plot threads from here on out. Though its the same for the Index LNs and Accelerator Manga as well.
Old 2014-09-28, 05:50   Link #78
LevelSeven

Quote:
I think we've safely passed that phase. Well... technically Accelerator manga is still in the middle of it. Once that finishes we will definitely be past that phase.
you mean where kihara gensei is responsible for the stuff that happens
but we are far away from this, he isnt dead and he didnt change his way because kiharas are awesome, he will mostlikely show up as many times as kamachi wants it

Quote:
But I'm fairly certain that this arc has nothing to do with the Sisters.
i hope it but daihaseisai also didnt look like that
they can always troll us

Quote:
Kihara Gensei was basically Railgun's version of ...Fiamma? If we include the anime as well, he's basically responsible for everything bad that happened.
it wasnt him, it was aleister, mostlikely, he was like terra in the lvl6-shift-accel he was like the science guardians in lvl6-shift-mikoto he only was like fiamma in the stuff tied with kiyama harumi

Quote:
And he was defeated in the Daihaseisai Arc.
but he didnt change his ways and he wasnt killed (because misaki wouldnt kill someone -_- (at least not in the railgun manga))

Quote:
Its all new territory and plot threads from here on out.
i think they will use a different kihara, or gensei, or it will be someone unrealted like harumi
in the end i will only accept railgun having a magic side plot if they really have one

Quote:
Though its the same for the Index LNs and Accelerator Manga as well.
accel manga will mostlikely only work with sisters... it is unlikely that he will do anything while it has no connection with the sisters
the current arc also only began because the sisters are in its core again
Old 2014-09-28, 06:13   Link #79
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
it wasnt him, it was aleister, mostlikely, he was like terra in the lvl6-shift-accel he was like the science guardians in lvl6-shift-mikoto he only was like fiamma in the stuff tied with kiyama harumi
As far as Railgun is concerned, Gensei was the big wig. Of course you and I know both know that its actually Aleister.
Old 2014-09-28, 07:01   Link #80
LevelSeven

Quote:
As far as Railgun is concerned, Gensei was the big wig. Of course you and I know both know that its actually Aleister.
yeah, for railgun this is true