AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-24, 04:23   Link #161
RDNexus

Of course they didn't, it's way too obvious.
But it doesn't mean we, western audience, can't complain about what we've seen of this sad excuse of an adaptation.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 05:32   Link #162
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
You can complain, but at the end of the day they don’t care; they don’t make anime for us. They make it for their intentions, which in this case was not to make a good anime but to draw the attention of their Japanese viewers to the LN.
Old 2018-09-24, 22:02   Link #163
Magewolf

But all this anime succeed in doing was make the story look awful. So it is a failure even as an advertisement. If you want to move books among the cookie-cutter mass of LN's then you really need to show how you are different.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-24, 22:06   Link #164
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
But all this anime succeed in doing was make the story look awful. So it is a failure even as an advertisement. If you want to move books among the cookie-cutter mass of LN's then you really need to show how you are different.
And how many times do we hear people say this about an LN adaptation? All the time.
Since they haven’t refined their technique much, it either means they really don’t care enough period, or it’s still doing well enough to grab some extra LN sales.

You guys realize I’m not making excuses for this anime or trying to say it’s good, right? You’re preaching to the choir here. I’m just explaining that you’re all expecting a lake of water from a pond.
Old 2018-09-25, 01:12   Link #165
RDNexus

We know they don't care, it already goes from long ago.
We also know they hardly listen to our complaints, if they even listen at all.
But if we wanna complain, vent our frustrations, we can and do so, simple as that.
You're the one acting as if we can't express our thoughts about it simply because it seems to be useless in some grand scheme of things. Nobody cares about that.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-25, 06:40   Link #166
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

I never said you can’t complain; I just pointed out how pointless it is to do so.
Old 2018-09-26, 14:38   Link #167
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'd say it's a matter of profit. Whatever the business model, if the buying patterns remain the same then "good enough" will provide a better return on investment with certain books, and the publishers will only invest so much. I'm certain the animators themselves want to make a great piece, not some long-winded advertisement, since book sales won't earn them any money. But they work with what they're given, and if they feel that the material they're adapting, the number of episodes, the funding and resources, etc. won't be enough to produce something great, they'll start aiming for OK enough to get them some profit. If the publishers aren't convinced more resources will produce much more sales, "good enough" is the cap. Just like if publishers aren't convinced that continuing the adaptation will bring even more profit to them, they're not likely to spend the money necessary for a second season.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem