AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2024-01-12, 20:42   Link #521
GDB

That's a shame about Echo, but not really surprising with how all their Disney+ stuff has been for... a long while now. In fact, it feels like the shows have gotten less and less impactful, which is saying a lot since other than Wanda and Loki, they've all been rather... not important.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 08:28   Link #522
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
That's a shame about Echo, but not really surprising with how all their Disney+ stuff has been for... a long while now. In fact, it feels like the shows have gotten less and less impactful, which is saying a lot since other than Wanda and Loki, they've all been rather... not important.
Yeah, WandaVision and Loki are the two stand out shows.

I think the problem with Echo is the false advertising. They put Daredevil in the trailers, but he's only there for two minutes in the entire show. Fisk did get some screentime, but they didn't end up doing much with him in the end. Him caring about someone isn't new, we had Vanessa in the Netflix shows. His behavior also felt widely inconsistent. I know the man has serious anger issues, but some of his actions here just didn't make much sense.

The other issue is the TV-MA rating. It set certain expectations, and after watching the show I have zero clue how it earned that rating. There's barely any blood in it and zero cursing.
Old 2024-01-13, 09:16   Link #523
GDB

If they refuse to push overarching stories along, then they really need to do more Moon Knight stuff. Completely detach it from everything, even if it's technically still part of it, and don't even pretend to do cameos and such. Focus 100% on being the best it can be without cheap gimmicks.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-01-13, 19:37   Link #524
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If they refuse to push overarching stories along, then they really need to do more Moon Knight stuff. Completely detach it from everything, even if it's technically still part of it, and don't even pretend to do cameos and such. Focus 100% on being the best it can be without cheap gimmicks.
They should just go back to the way it was before: movies for big superheroes, and series for street level superheroes. Daredevil, Punisher and Jessica Jones were really great. I heard Agents of Shield was good too but I never really watched it.

Tags
marvel cinematic universe