Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-30, 17:38   Link #801
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
He and his girlfriend both stand to get at least five years of prison time for invasion of privacy, and I know that the guy is under at least two other possible charges of invasion since he did it before. Not even counting that, they've pretty much fucked up the rest of their lives. They'll probably be expelled from school, and it can only get worse from there... and for what?
Old 2010-09-30, 20:38   Link #802
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Rant:
It's sad...

Never would I imagine a human being, with all the potential in the world, would sink so low as to harass someone for something that isn't even any of their own business.

Probably echoing the thoughts of others, and Ricky's thoughts too, that there is no way that they should buy the "It was an accident" crap. It wouldn't have been uploaded to YouTube if it was an accident, which means someone (the "asshole" as syn put it) knew that it was on.

Reading this has actually shaken me somewhat, as I have, once again, lost a bit of trust in the people around me.

I'm more open about who I am, that's why I have no problem posting pictures of me and my boyfriend on AS.

If someone were to do that to me, I'd be pissed that my privacy got invaded...then ask him if he enjoyed the show . He obviously has some interest in men if he has the stomach to even think about watching it.

/rant
Old 2010-10-01, 01:34   Link #803
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka_Kitten View Post
Rant:
It's sad...

Never would I imagine a human being, with all the potential in the world, would sink so low as to harass someone for something that isn't even any of their own business.

Probably echoing the thoughts of others, and Ricky's thoughts too, that there is no way that they should buy the "It was an accident" crap. It wouldn't have been uploaded to YouTube if it was an accident, which means someone (the "asshole" as syn put it) knew that it was on.

Reading this has actually shaken me somewhat, as I have, once again, lost a bit of trust in the people around me.

I'm more open about who I am, that's why I have no problem posting pictures of me and my boyfriend on AS.

If someone were to do that to me, I'd be pissed that my privacy got invaded...then ask him if he enjoyed the show . He obviously has some interest in men if he has the stomach to even think about watching it.

/rant
Lol, if you posted pictures of what I think you mean (Judging from how you said enjoyed the show) On AnimeSuki, they wouldn't last too long
Old 2010-10-01, 03:46   Link #804
Haruka_Kitten
The AnimeSuki Pet kitten
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Haruka_Kitten Send a message via Yahoo to Haruka_Kitten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Emperor View Post
Lol, if you posted pictures of what I think you mean (Judging from how you said enjoyed the show) On AnimeSuki, they wouldn't last too long
Oh no, it's perfectly PG-rated (unless Homosexuality is classified as an M-rated thing). Why don't you see for yourself.

I would NEVER post stuff like that on any website in my right mind...

(and by "Enjoy the Show", I was referring to the person who would set up a webcam and tape two men having sex)
Old 2010-10-01, 21:07   Link #805
Dragonar Fan
HI-RISE BOMBEERRR!!!

Technically I'm Hetero , however I think im turning Asexual but metaphysical isnt a bad thing either

Last edited by Dragonar Fan; 2010-10-02 at 02:39.
Dragonar Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-02, 00:26   Link #806
Otaku Emperor
Love Conquers All!

Location: The Suzumiya Haruhi Section of AnimeSuki, (I placed my main Otaku HQ box there)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruka_Kitten View Post
Oh no, it's perfectly PG-rated (unless Homosexuality is classified as an M-rated thing). Why don't you see for yourself.

I would NEVER post stuff like that on any website in my right mind...

(and by "Enjoy the Show", I was referring to the person who would set up a webcam and tape two men having sex)
Right, sorry dude, Misread :3
Old 2010-10-02, 11:01   Link #807
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

That is beyond messed up...

It just shows some simple facts of life.

1. A lot of people get great satisfaction by watching others suffer. Particularly people they think deserve to suffer. But most people know where to draw the line between getting off on a fictional scenario and doing it for real. Involving other people in one's twisted fantasies/meanderings is just cruel and one of the most irresponsible things a person can do. Stealing one's privacy/secrets and then revealing it to all to permanently damage the person is essentially a mental & emotional form of rape. Taking what isn't yours and treating it like it is, with utter disdain to boot - is just unforgivable. But the majority of people in life are only in it for themselves. They don't care what consequences their actions have on other people.

2. Difference will always be a target for hate. No matter what values are championed by the majority of society, there will always be those that will hate certain types of people and put their hate into action.

3. Bullying isn't taken anywhere near seriously. Bullies rarely get reprimanded in schools, universities or the workplace. A lot of the time, the victim is the one who gets tormented by the instituion for daring to speak out. Putting up with random crap is part of life. But when people go out of their way to make a person's life hell, that's malicious and should be labelled as criminal. People deserve to be able to be safe and not have someone ruin their life. And cyber-bullying is a form that is harder to prevent and has less of the law to safeguard or find justice for victims. Some people don't have the mental strength to endure that hell.

Whatever happens to these people responsible, I'm sure the fact that any reputable educational institution will no longer accept them, coupled with the fact they will have a criminal record that will be brought up on any future employment interview and the like, will ruin their lives. And they deserve it for what they have done.

Syn, I agree with most of what you have said. But while suicide is pointless and leaves nothing but pain behind, not everyone has the mental toughness or resilience you and I do. Despair and shock are hard to quantify. They vary from person to person. Suicide is never the answer. But some people aren't able to live through certain experiences. And peer pressure/bullying can easily amplify something innocuous or irritating to something far more dire. It's a different thing analysing a dire scenario and then actually being in it. Predicting reactions in the heat of the moment is hard to do.

Just be good to your fellow human beings, people. Respect their right to live and to how they want to live as long as it falls within the law. And don't let this taint one's perspective on humanity too much. There will always be hooligans/bogans/rednecks no matter where you go. May you not be their victim.

Peace.
Old 2010-10-03, 14:29   Link #808
Suomi
Kaiba

What that guy did is pretty darn f--d up, I've studied libel and such so it definitely constitutes invasion of pricvacy on two accounts, and sexual harrassment as well. He deserves to do time.

Sexuality. People are homo, bi, and hetero-sexual. So? it shouldn't matter who you love. People are people and they love who they love, and they can't just decide "Okay. i'm going to start liking my same gender now." or 'I'm gonna like this person." And beneath it all, we're all pink and wrinkly anyway. So shut up about how "it's not right". And religiously? If God is really the all-accepting being Christians believe Him to be, what makes so many of them think that the Bible, which they believe contains His word, says that people who are homo or bi sexual are 'wrong'? eh?
Old 2010-10-04, 11:29   Link #809
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Suicide leaves a hell of a lot of human wreckage behind.

I had a pretty close friend go through a lot of really bad medical problems--the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. Some kind of neuropathy, but it made her life nearly impossible to live. She chose not to go down the nearly-impossible path and instead killed herself.

It pretty much destroyed her family. Her parents ended up divorcing. Her mother's personality did a complete 180; instead of a happy and friendly woman, she's very withdrawn and always depressed (even seven-ish years after the fact). She refuses to even talk to me because I remind her of when her daughter was still alive.

Her father, a pretty good drinker before the incident, went into full-blown alcoholic mode. Last I heard of him, he was in some sort of detox/rehab place in Tennessee trying for the umpteenth time to climb out of the bottle before it destroyed his liver.

Myself? I was stunned. She never threatened this sort of thing. She never behaved like she would have done something like this. She appeared upbeat and determined to beat whatever was causing her all this pain. When I heard that she did it, I felt two things--emptiness and a hell of a lot of anger at my own self for being such an idiot to threaten suicide for stupid shit (yeah, I was a bit emo as a teenager).

I don't have a lot of tolerance for suicides. Logically I know that some people can't handle life and decide to opt out, but at the same time I am just so enraged at how incredibly fucking selfish the decision is. It doesn't just affect you--I mean, fuck, the people in this thread are affected by the suicide of a person they've never even met. Just imagine how bad it's been for this guy's friends, family and loved ones!

So yeah. If anyone was rageing behind the scenes about my labeling the guy an idiot, now you have an explanation. Suicide is fucking stupid and if you do it you are an idiot.

Now excuse me whilst I go put on my negrep-proof raincoat.
Old 2010-10-04, 12:29   Link #810
flying ^

Another one just commited suicide
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1..._n_746989.html

that makes it 5 gays in 3 weeks.
flying ^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 12:34   Link #811
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
So yeah. If anyone was rageing behind the scenes about my labeling the guy an idiot, now you have an explanation. Suicide is fucking stupid and if you do it you are an idiot.
I get where you're coming from - a loved one ending their own life is incredibly hard for those left behind, and it can destroy them. However, suicide is usually not something a person would do for fun, or because it's convenient. When your life is truly hell - and a particularly severe case of depression can suffice for that -, you'd have to be an unbelievable selfless person to keep on living just for the sake of others.

I don't think it's all that selfish to do with my own life as I please, though I personally could never do that to my family, even if they hadn't lost someone that way already. However, I'm not suffering from a major case of depression. Depression is an illness that can seriously scew with your mind, and it can't always be treated.
Old 2010-10-04, 13:32   Link #812
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Oh yeah, depression can really mess a person up, warping perception of reality to a ridiculous degree.

Like I said, logically I can understand it... but emotionally... you get the idea.
Old 2010-10-04, 16:30   Link #813
Suomi
Kaiba

-nods- suicide is pretty much the ultimate act of selfishness. You're only thinking about yourself. Not about those around you and how devastated they will be...not about how you might be able to get help if you tried rather than ending everything...

-shakes head- People are so naive sometimes though--they're like "Oh no one will miss me, I'm all alone, etc..." but then they go and off themselves and everyone's life changes for the worse.
Old 2010-10-04, 17:01   Link #814
ChainLegacy
廉頗

But to kill oneself you must go against one of the strongest instincts, self-preservation. Simply overcoming that boundary says, to me, this person had it REALLY rough. Maybe it is selfish and undoubtedly it negatively affects people, but I don't take a harsh outlook on people who off themselves. Now, if they just killed someone else beforehand like those murder-suicides, then yeah, they're scum, but simply killing yourself isn't worthy of scorn imo, even if it has negative consequences. I think it is worthy of the utmost sympathy, since it shows instances where someone was so mentally torn they couldn't even stand to live anymore.

And to keep this on topic I've read now about another high profile suicide case of a gay college student. I wonder if right now this is becoming more prominent than usual, or if the media and gay community are just now shining a light on the topic. Or did the well publicized event of the student who was taped by his roommate inspire others to do the same?

Last edited by ChainLegacy; 2010-10-04 at 20:19. Reason: cheyanne brings up a good point
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 19:23   Link #815
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

Not to be the chat nazi, guys, but if suicide's a hot topic, can we move it to its own thread and get this back on sexuality?

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:18   Link #816
Sing4ever9

I am straight.

I don't think what sexuality I am matters. I'm a human being and that's just it.

I honestly don't know.... I know there are homosexual people who think being straight is bad and vice versa but they're few and hard to come by.

However, I do get odd reactions when I tell people I'm a virgin. :\ Just because I decide to save myself until marriage doesn't mean I'm a lesbian or anything but some people actually assume that.
Sing4ever9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 22:21   Link #817
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

If you don't wanna have sex until after you are married, that's your choice. Nobody else but you has to deal with it, so really don't let anyone tell you differently.

I would, however, caution you that it might not be the best idea in the world to marry someone you've never slept with. What would you do if they were terrible in bed?
Old 2010-10-04, 22:50   Link #818
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
If you don't wanna have sex until after you are married, that's your choice. Nobody else but you has to deal with it, so really don't let anyone tell you differently.

I would, however, caution you that it might not be the best idea in the world to marry someone you've never slept with. What would you do if they were terrible in bed?
You buy them a Kamasutra for Christmas and hope they take the hint?

Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-04, 23:38   Link #819
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Hum, you don't marry someone because he's good in bed. You marry someone because you love him.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-05, 02:33   Link #820
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

A bad sex life can strain any relationship.

But I was mostly being a smartass.