AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2012-07-12, 09:49   Link #41
marvelB

^Oh yeah, I had meant to post the gifs from that trailer yesterday, but I guess I was a little caught up in other stuff....

Anyway, Z looks badass. However, admittedly I'm not too happy about the reveal about him being a former admiral..... mainly because this is going to open up a whole new can of worms on the whole "Can Luffy beat an admiral/emperor" debate.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 11:33   Link #42
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

We can't really take non canon movies seriously, Luffy took out Shiki and his island with a Giganto Thor Axe.

Shiki was a rival to Gold Roger and he was taken out by Luffy who didn't even know Haki.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-12, 13:01   Link #43
marvelB

^While your words are sound, you can't really underestimate the tenacity of said debaters......
Old 2012-07-12, 22:52   Link #44
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
We can't really take non canon movies seriously, Luffy took out Shiki and his island with a Giganto Thor Axe.

Shiki was a rival to Gold Roger and he was taken out by Luffy who didn't even know Haki.
well neevr was it said Shiki was a undefeated rival like Whitebeard was
Old 2012-07-13, 00:53   Link #45
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
well neevr was it said Shiki was a undefeated rival like Whitebeard was
Anyone who can have a decent fight with Roger (Even if they lost) should be far above Luffy's pre skip level.
Old 2012-07-13, 00:55   Link #46
orangejuicetang

Maybe rotting away in jail for x years before sitting on his ass to research stuff for his plan for another 12 years weakened him?

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:45   Link #47
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Maybe rotting away in jail for x years before sitting on his ass to research stuff for his plan for another 12 years weakened him?
Ever since Roger's death, Rayleigh retired from piracy, and thus he has been inactive for the past 24 years. Despite that inactivity and rustiness, he's still able to fight on par with an admiral. So even accounting for Shiki weakening over the years, he shouldn't have lost so much of his strength to the point where pre-time-skip Luffy could beat him. There's absolutely no plausible explanation for Shiki's loss besides PIS (Plot Induced Stupidity).

And on that note, with Z being a former admiral, there's no doubt he's going to suffer the same BS fate just so the hero Luffy could win.
Old 2012-07-13, 22:07   Link #48
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Former Admiral Z
Admiral Z becoming a pirate is hard to figure. I can see X Drake (Former Rear Admiral) reason for defecting but and Admiral is hard to see. X Drake was barely scratching the surface of the inner workings of the WG and the higher ups. Former Admiral Z has had his whole life serving the Marines. All of sudden he turns pirate at the rank of Admiral. There has to be a really good reason. I can think of only one reason, he has always had a questionable character from the beginning. But then again X Drake does not seem like a shady character and yet he went pirate. Also Z kinda looks like he is from Garp and Sengoku's timeline.

Will Luffy defeat Z?
The story does not have to be a defeat for former Admiral Z. This could be a replacement for the loss of Akoiji. Z looks like he would fit right in with Akainu's crowd. Second with Akoiji in the movie who is to say Luffy will not get help taking down Z. Akoiji quite the marines but he did not turn Pirate. He may still be enforcing the justice he has always believed in when he was under Fleet Admiral Sengoku leadership. In defense for Luffy, I have yet to see and Oda put the Straw hats to the test. Was Strong world considered cannon or part of the one piece manga Oda did over look the production and put a chapter in the manga?

Spoiler for The character of Z, Bins, and Ain in color:

Last edited by grey_1960; 2012-07-13 at 23:11.
grey_1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 23:46   Link #49
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Will Luffy defeat Z?
The story does not have to be a defeat for former Admiral Z. This could be a replacement for the loss of Akoiji. Z looks like he would fit right in with Akainu's crowd. Second with Akoiji in the movie who is to say Luffy will not get help taking down Z. Akoiji quite the marines but he did not turn Pirate. He may still be enforcing the justice he has always believed in when he was under Fleet Admiral Sengoku leadership. In defense for Luffy, I have yet to see and Oda put the Straw hats to the test. Was Strong world considered cannon or part of the one piece manga Oda did over look the production and put a chapter in the manga?
This is a One Piece movie we're talking about; the bad guy HAS to lose. But I've also thought of the possibility of Aokiji lending Luffy a hand somehow to defeat Z. And Z's loss won't look as bad as Shiki's since this is post-time-skip Luffy he has to contend with (who's vastly superior to himself from 2 years ago).

The general consensus is that Shiki himself is canon, but the events from the movie Strong World are not canon (they don't fit in properly with the timeline of the manga storyline). This film about Z will probably fall in the same boat.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:18   Link #50
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
While your words are sound, you can't really underestimate the tenacity of said debaters......

See what I mean, people?
Old 2012-07-16, 16:12   Link #51
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

So how come this hasn't been posted yet, if I'm posting then you guys must be slacking off, tut tut

And for character designs.
Robin always looks stunning in the movies and this is no let down either!
Chopper's always cute, Zoro's always boss, Sanji's always pimp and Usopp always comes out from left field with a winner

edit: better quality vid
Old 2012-07-17, 10:12   Link #52
marvelB

^Yeah, my bad for not posting that earlier. It's just that I'm not as active during these chapterless weeks, y'see....

BTW, I find it interesting that those character cards shown at the end of the trailer shows "Aokiji" spelled in English rather than "Kazan". Pretty much goes back to what I said earlier about how people would be more familiar with his admiral codename than his real name.....
Old 2012-07-17, 12:03   Link #53
Blackbeard D. Kuma

^ You mean "Kuzan", right ?

Although now that Akainu has been promoted, I think he's now going to be known as Fleet Admiral Sakazuki, much like how Sengoku was still addressed by his real name (Sengoku) when he was Fleet Admiral.
Old 2012-07-17, 12:50   Link #54
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
^ You mean "Kuzan", right ?

Sure 'nuff!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Although now that Akainu has been promoted, I think he's now going to be known as Fleet Admiral Sakazuki, much like how Sengoku was still addressed by his real name (Sengoku) when he was Fleet Admiral.

To be fair, we never actually had any indication that Sengoku was referred to by his "Buddha" nickname when he was an admiral, just like we never saw Garp called "The Fist" during his whole VA career. Still, while I suppose that his fellow marines will call Akainu by his real name, the world at large will still identify him as that ferocious red hound......

But going back on topic: I wonder if Z's henchmen Bins and Ain are also former marines? If so, Oda may as well go all the way and make them former rear/vice admirals since Z himself is an admiral turned pirate. Besides, we haven't seen many woman marines who are above the rank of captain, so it would actually be kinda cool if Ain turned out to be a former VA (and hopefully, she won't rely on fanservice being her only weapon..... ).
Old 2012-07-17, 13:41   Link #55
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Still, while I suppose that his fellow marines will call Akainu by his real name, the world at large will still identify him as that ferocious red hound......
This will most likely be the case right here. After all, Jimbei still addressed the new Fleet Admiral as Akainu.

Quote:
But going back on topic: I wonder if Z's henchmen Bins and Ain are also former marines? If so, Oda may as well go all the way and make them former rear/vice admirals since Z himself is an admiral turned pirate. Besides, we haven't seen many woman marines who are above the rank of captain, so it would actually be kinda cool if Ain turned out to be a former VA (and hopefully, she won't rely on fanservice being her only weapon..... ).
Honestly, I'm expecting Bins and Ain to be nothing short of rear/vice admiral caliber. Seeing as how Z is a former admiral, his subordinates should prove to be more than powerful enough to give the SHs trouble. It should be interesting to see their fighting styles.

Also, is it true that Z is a cyborg much like Franky? I've been reading comments on this, but has this been confirmed?

Another tidbit of info that I came across regarding this film is: "Said to be comparable to the Ancient Weapons, the Marines' trump card 'The Dyna Stone' has suddenly been stolen!". Apparently Z is responsible for the theft of the marines' most valued treasure. Thoughts?
Old 2012-07-25, 16:49   Link #56
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Eh...imagine the admiral that replaces Sakazuki taking up the name Akainu and then going online only to find a bunch of fan hate for Akainu "Everyone hates me for things I did not do!"
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 09:23   Link #57
marvelB

Aohige posted some Film Z info over at AP, courtesy of T (the guy who's been providing OP chapter spoilers for a few years now):

Quote:
post-time skip Kizaru in the movie
Z subordinates
Ein - Modo Modo fruit user (Return-return fruit) reverses ages of people he touch. Works on non-humans too. voiced by Ryouko Shinohara
Bins/Beans - Mosa Mosa frui user (details unknown). voiced by Teruaki Kagawa

So post-skip Kizaru actually made it to this movie!? I am freaking STOKED. And Ein's power sounds an awful lot like Jewelry Bonney's (though I guess she can ONLY make people young instead of making them young AND old). Wonder what's up with Bins' power, as well. I suppose some pics with this new info will be popping up soon.....
Old 2012-08-01, 11:06   Link #58
Rainbowman

^Modo Modo and Mosa Mosa, huh? Can't wait to get the full details.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 15:21   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Very exciting news. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if Akainu were to be in this movie as well.
Old 2012-08-01, 15:40   Link #60
marvelB

Man, I just can't wait to see post-skip Kizaru. I hope Oda brings back that awesome fedora of his from Jinbei's flashback.