AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-26, 06:43   Link #321
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
[mod edit: removed flamebait]
I'm pretty sure I can deny that. How is she ugly exactly? Why does it matter either way? Why is she obnoxious? She was really cute when she defended Soya in episode 8. And if you have a problem with messages of love/forgiveness and that's the obnoxious part for you, shouldn't you have a problem with, dunno, the whole freakin' anime?

I really don't see the logic. I'm not saying you can't dislike Nozo, just that you should accept that it's just some weird quirky subjective thing you have going on because she just pushes some specific button for you and almost no one else shares the same intense dislike. It's not even comparable with Rose Tico where it could be argued that some of her actions (especially saving Finn at the end) actively messed up with the themes of the movie. Here if anything Nozo represents the themes to a T.

We should also consider that the anime is, well, short. We weren't shown exactly how her relationship with Soya builds up in every single moment they spent together. That she loves Soya (as a friend or more) is a given, pretty much from episode 1. We can accept that as part of her characterisation and move on, I think.

As for Soya not developing his powers, again: plot economy. This was an incredible epic compressed in 12 episodes. There was no time to go "oh and now Soya ALSO has psychic photon armour". No need for him to use it anyway if Sensei's more powerful. After all the rest of Nebula fights with similar means, as does Shiraishi. The Earthlings fought with what they were used with, and Soya fought with what HE was used with. Probably any difference in power is offset by the fact that of course it works better if you're familiar with the controls. I'm perfectly okay with arguing logical contradictions in stories that lay down their own world building and then retcon it later, but this is not what happened here. There's just too many unknown factors and things unsaid to have reason to call any of this a plot hole.

My other fanfiction can be found here.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2018-09-26 at 15:04.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 07:32   Link #322
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm just wondering why he's been going on stating the same thing over and over for like three pages. Not everyone agrees. He should get over it.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 07:40   Link #323
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Nozo was fine. Stop rating anime based on how much you want to fuck a waifu. Move on from this topic before I'm more than grumpy at stupid shit people say.
Old 2018-09-26, 07:51   Link #324
RDNexus

Given that a Manga version is going along, there may be stuff cut-off from the Anime that may end up there. Sure hope it does, for completion's sake.

@Solace: Thanks for your words, I also agree that a story should be seen for what it is (setting, plot, cast) rather than for what one might want it to be.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-26, 08:44   Link #325
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'm just wondering why he's been going on stating the same thing over and over for like three pages. Not everyone agrees. He should get over it.
I'm just wondering why anyone in their right mind is encouraging an obvious troll by taking his bait.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-27, 08:30   Link #326
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

After pondering for a bit, I wouldn't place this near Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, but compared to a lot of anime in the last decade, this is definitely above average. You can see the effects of being compressed into one season, but I don't think it needed a full two either. A few more episodes would have smoothed things out more. But, I loved the positive messaging and it was great to see a solid mecha show, a rare thing in a genre that used to be so dominant.

Hopefully this is not the last of his anime works, but even if it is, at least it's a good one.
Old 2018-09-27, 12:36   Link #327
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It packed a great pace but apart from that I can't really point to any specific element of the story that I could consider better than good. That's not a bad thing though: apart from the "love thy neighbour" preaching, I can't say there was anything I thought was done wrong either. It was a pretty solid 7/10 in my book. Nothing majorly groundbreaking but still a very solid piece of entertainment.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 21:08   Link #328
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
After pondering for a bit, I wouldn't place this near Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer, but compared to a lot of anime in the last decade, this is definitely above average. You can see the effects of being compressed into one season, but I don't think it needed a full two either. A few more episodes would have smoothed things out more. But, I loved the positive messaging and it was great to see a solid mecha show, a rare thing in a genre that used to be so dominant.

Hopefully this is not the last of his anime works, but even if it is, at least it's a good one.
lol i forgot about that reference from the first couple of episodes....hope they make that an anime next! that is my favourite manga
Old 2018-10-02, 20:59   Link #329
Applehell

Just finished this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That was really, really good (loved the scene with Ginko and Soya respectively thanking and forgiving the dragon), but the lack of epilogue hurts. I'm very disappointed there wasn't any. One may argue everything after the timeskip was the epilogue, but I wanted more.

Still a really strong show overall, one of the best this season. The finale didn't change my mind about this being Mizukami's weakest main work, if anything, it cemented it. Still happy I got to enjoy a brand new story by him. Here's hoping this is just the beginning and we'll get more Mizukami anime, adaptations or originals!
Yep, this where I am. Planet With was easily one of most enjoyable shows for me during the summer even then. Which speaks well of Mizukami imo.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-07, 23:06   Link #330
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I thought I posted, but I must have closed the window before I actually did. Too lazy to retype everything, but last episode catapulted this beyond High Score Girl as my favourite Anime of the Cour. And considering HSG is pretty much the typical osananajimi romance show, that is really something to say.

And Nozo was fine. It's her who gives Souya the will to fight again with "I'm on the side of the people I want to befriend", and her powering up to Telepath lvl 8 out of 20 wasn't really that much of a stretch. Besides, they need someone to find Souya and co after their arrival at Sirius, and her being 'telepathically linked' to Souya (established the episode before last) allowed the story to have Souya return to Sirius and still be able to return to his new home. And for once the LI isn't some super beautiful and/or moe character that has obvious 'main heroine' elements to her (it's actually Ginko who has that element and I'm glad they kept her as an oneesan), so you get no complaints at all from me about Nozo. For a plain jane, her loyalty and trust towards Souya was actually endearing, and I wouldn't have her any other way.

And personally? I think they could have actually trimmed a bit more fat. This was hard digesting as a 12 episode anime (I had to marathon it in parts: Paladin then Nebula then Time Skip), and would have worked wonders as a 2 hour anime movie. They could have even skipped the time skip and have the dragon wake immediately after the dog vs cat fight, and I don't think it would have changed much. For this, I still didn't enjoy it as much as B (I'm still WOW from B's villain), but it definitely is solidly my 2nd favourite of the year, though it may be unseated by some of the newer anime this season. We will see, but it's still a GREAT show nonetheless.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote