AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-16, 19:48   Link #61
Guest2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
its seems a little far fetched.

I don`t know if it was me projecting some idea or maybe my own desire as a reader to see some change in the status quo of the characters and i let some stupid idea slip out.

But i do hope we can see some change in the siblings status in the next few volumes.
I mean yeah the under dog thing was cool in the first year of high school but it seems redundant now that everyone knows his not some c-rank average magician no matter what the ranking system says or what he says
I mean the whole first high probably knows about his skills as a magician by know as well as his engineering , and that's not restricted to first high alone .
Let's ignore the fact that he can use gram demolition which is a skill very very few magicians are able to do, and i mean powerful magicians, many students witnessed him using gram dispersion to erase entire spells and not some weak ass spells the a rank type ones, even through the spell itself has no visual representation in real word i guess many students understand that's not some magic your average magician that he claims he is would posses.
Jummonji as the acting head of the house, most likely knows his from the yotsuba, erika knows for sure, mayumi is 95% convinced she from yotsuba and the rest of his friends already knows his from the 10MC.Not to mention his friends knowing about his regrowth ability and as well that his part of a very secretly part of the military that probably doesn't just take any magician in their ranks considering what powerful magicians are already in the unit.
But since that taboo of asking another magician about his magic no one stepped to flat out ask him anything.
I would love to see some change in the next volumes, not anything major like revealing his a SC magician but at least related to his magic and his ties to the yotsuba.
It getting rather boring to keep reading that he tries to hide his skills, and no one is buying it but they go along with it because they don`t want to press the matter because they are his friends and don`t wanna ruin a friendship.
this kind of change will also help cement some relationships in their lives while putting strain on others like their relations with the saeguesa if the clan confrontation starts to heat,with mayumi but with the twins as well that just began to change their opinion about him and izumi's admiration for miyuki.
How will izumi's image of miyuki will change in the aftermath of the heated conflict and truth that the person she admires is now the enemy.
But this just my wishful thinking.
If i have to read through the next volumes that will stick to same underdog formula i`ll be disappointed but i`ll still read them .
I am not sure what you mean by the same underdog formula. Since volume 2 began, there has been very little, if any, underdog component. While Tatsuya often tries to use his lack of magic ability as an excuse to escape job requests, nobody buys it and throughout the series his sempais use him as they please because they know how dependable he is. Masaki and Ichijou wee treating him as a rival even before they saw him battle. Even his step mother and aunt count on him to solve their problems. Its a fact he cannot use powerful magic except for a select few spells, but he is constantly treated as super talented by the other novel characters. I feel like you're personally wrongly marking him as an underdog/ since in the novel I feel its made clear he'sbeen treated as one of the strongest from since the beginning.

Since volume 1 from the exam scores and the Hanzo duel he's been treated as 1 of the strongest as well as smartest. Sayaka and Kirihara even went into long monologues about how strong he is. But its still a fact that he lacks the talent to use the majority of magics that blooms consider to be basic. What difference would it make if his background and magics were made public?

- His magician rank would increase and he would be treated as a powerful magician?
--Doubt it. He can only barely use most magics, so his rank wouldn't increase unless the system changed. And the school body, Yotsuba and JSDF already treat him as a powerful magician for those magics and skills he does excel at. The school even went through a bunch of trouble to set up a new curriculum just to change his weed status. Its the JSDF that ordered him not to use his strongest skills in public as he's their secret weapon. The Yotsuba only ordered him to keep a low profile and prevent others from discovering Miyuki's background for safety reasons.

-He gains the respect of his peers and no one would look down on him?
--He already has the respect of his teachers, colleagues, workmates and most of his peers. Knowing he's Yotsuba might put the fear in them of being openly disrespectful, but those that still look down on him even after having seen his skills and might will continue to do so, because he definitely still lacks talent with most magics.

-He can openly use his magic in duels and mock battles to show his true magic strength?
--In a contest of destroying inanimate targets yes, but not in a duel or mock battle. Tatsuya's only strong offensive magic is quite lethal. Its illegal to use in any friendly matches. The same applies to Ichijou's favourite strong magic skill. The only difference being able to openly use his magic means Tatsuya can more easily dodge or counter much more of whats thrown at him. He will still always struggle to actually land the finishing magical blow to defeat most talented magic opponents in mock battles. This is simply because his offensive magic, besides decomposition, are all ridiculously weak. Its why he must take advantage of wave amplification and chi techniques.

Last edited by Guest2; 2014-04-16 at 19:58.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-16, 20:14   Link #62
IceHism

Honestly, regardless of the way Tatsuya was treated in the past by his family, There really is no benefit to Tatsuya, Miyuki, the JSDF, or the Yotsuba to reveal he is a strategic magician or that he is from the Yotsuba clan. I feel like revealing it right now is simply forcing the issue for no reason and is highly illogical which completely goes against what the military and the Yotsuba basically stand for. I'm surprised some people even want a "down with the yotsuba" at this current moment as they're probably the most neutral power right now compared to GAA, USNA, and the Saegusa + Kudou. We got bigger fish to take care of and we still don't know what the Yotsuba's ulterior goal is so they should not be anywhere close to the top of the priority list.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 02:01   Link #63
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Honestly, regardless of the way Tatsuya was treated in the past by his family, There really is no benefit to Tatsuya, Miyuki, the JSDF, or the Yotsuba to reveal he is a strategic magician or that he is from the Yotsuba clan. I feel like revealing it right now is simply forcing the issue for no reason and is highly illogical which completely goes against what the military and the Yotsuba basically stand for. I'm surprised some people even want a "down with the yotsuba" at this current moment as they're probably the most neutral power right now compared to GAA, USNA, and the Saegusa + Kudou. We got bigger fish to take care of and we still don't know what the Yotsuba's ulterior goal is so they should not be anywhere close to the top of the priority list.
Yeah but that will be interesting.

They reveal Tatsuya as the Strategic Class magician to the world.

After that other countries will attack him, I wanna see him kill everyone as if he stepped on a cockroach.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 02:15   Link #64
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
^ if they reveal that tatsuya is a strategic magician would that make/cause miyuki and his close friend in trouble because if they can't take down/kill/kidnap they will resort on that method?
Old 2014-04-17, 02:20   Link #65
pampz21
ShipCore

That would just mean that Tatsuya will wage war for the sake of his freedom. Its been stated in vol. 4

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-17, 06:38   Link #66
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest2 View Post
I am not sure what you mean by the same underdog formula. Since volume 2 began, there has been very little, if any, underdog component. While Tatsuya often tries to use his lack of magic ability as an excuse to escape job requests, nobody buys it and throughout the series his sempais use him as they please because they know how dependable he is. Masaki and Ichijou wee treating him as a rival even before they saw him battle. Even his step mother and aunt count on him to solve their problems. Its a fact he cannot use powerful magic except for a select few spells, but he is constantly treated as super talented by the other novel characters. I feel like you're personally wrongly marking him as an underdog/ since in the novel I feel its made clear he'sbeen treated as one of the strongest from since the beginning.

Since volume 1 from the exam scores and the Hanzo duel he's been treated as 1 of the strongest as well as smartest. Sayaka and Kirihara even went into long monologues about how strong he is. But its still a fact that he lacks the talent to use the majority of magics that blooms consider to be basic. What difference would it make if his background and magics were made public?

- His magician rank would increase and he would be treated as a powerful magician?
--Doubt it. He can only barely use most magics, so his rank wouldn't increase unless the system changed. And the school body, Yotsuba and JSDF already treat him as a powerful magician for those magics and skills he does excel at. The school even went through a bunch of trouble to set up a new curriculum just to change his weed status. Its the JSDF that ordered him not to use his strongest skills in public as he's their secret weapon. The Yotsuba only ordered him to keep a low profile and prevent others from discovering Miyuki's background for safety reasons.

-He gains the respect of his peers and no one would look down on him?
--He already has the respect of his teachers, colleagues, workmates and most of his peers. Knowing he's Yotsuba might put the fear in them of being openly disrespectful, but those that still look down on him even after having seen his skills and might will continue to do so, because he definitely still lacks talent with most magics.

-He can openly use his magic in duels and mock battles to show his true magic strength?
--In a contest of destroying inanimate targets yes, but not in a duel or mock battle. Tatsuya's only strong offensive magic is quite lethal. Its illegal to use in any friendly matches. The same applies to Ichijou's favourite strong magic skill. The only difference being able to openly use his magic means Tatsuya can more easily dodge or counter much more of whats thrown at him. He will still always struggle to actually land the finishing magical blow to defeat most talented magic opponents in mock battles. This is simply because his offensive magic, besides decomposition, are all ridiculously weak. Its why he must take advantage of wave amplification and chi techniques.
first, yes his magician rank in the current system will not change, but the way the people view him will change, that what means by getting recognized.And since when yotsuba treat him as a powerful magician? besides maya the butler and couple of other, the clan is unaware of his power that's why his treated as a lowly guardian.What i meant bu changing his underdog status is not in front of his friends, hell all of them knows his from the 10MC and erika,jummonji,mayumi from the yotsuba, also they know his part of the military, and they also know he can use some powerful magic even if he says otherwise. do you really belive that First High or the other Magic Highs still belives his some no name, c-rank magician?
I said change his underdog status inside the yotsuba.You do understand that beeing a clan member doesn`t mean his name will change from shiba to yotsuba, or it will be publicly announced right?
If he were to be recognized as an yotsuba not as a guardian will open whole new possibilities for the story as well as for character development.

Second, mist dispersal is not a lethal spell. It has various effect based on what tatsuya wants to decompose, it varies from small injuries that can cripple an opponent to completely disintegrating the opponent. He can also use that to decompose weapons/cads like he did on the Stardust soldiers.
So using decomposition in a mock battle is not out of the question because its lethal.He can just decompose the opponent Cad rendering him useless, as well as he can use decomposition as aoe spell to protect himself from spells, as well as using it as counter magic(see gram dispesion), as well as using it to destroy other magician defenses, applications are to many to state them here.
And the fact is he did use decomposition in a mock battle against tomitsuka so your argument he cant use it cause it lethal is weak.
You want to compare strength just think of this , in icicle destruction one activation from his trident and the ice pillars will be gone before the opponent has a chance to cast as spell.Or start with a gram dispersion then trident. either way same effect.
Trident= three spells in same activation sequence, a.k.a he can cast three spells at the same time where the opponent needs three separate activation to achieve same effect.An the spells are, Zi decomposition, Data fortification decomposition and last is Mist dispersal. Seems like the perfect triple counter to a normal magician, probably that's why he did that in the first place

As battles go offcourse he struggles against powerful magicians but so does everyone else, you think miyuki being as powerful as she is will just clap her hand and bag the opponent is down? be serious man.
And its the same situation for the opponent, you think just because he's a powerful magician can easily lend a hit on him? We saw in his mock battle with tomitsuka how frustrated tomitsuka was because he was unable to land a hit let alone a decisive one.An tomitsuka was ranked as a powerful magician and a course 1 student.
Besides lina, who resorted to a strategic spell no one else managed to actually land a hit on him that he didn't want to. And lina managed that because the nature of HMB, as the plasma moved at speeds of light was impossible to dodge it in a close range combat.
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 00:36   Link #67
Guest2

Quote:
first, yes his magician rank in the current system will not change, but the way the people view him will change, that what means by getting recognized.
If you recheck my previous post I already pointed out that the only people who might still look down on him are those who do so because of his lack of talent with most magic, and this fact wouldn't change if his secrets are revealed, so I doubt their minds will change. Nearly everyone recognises all of his superlative skills already since the end of v4, without knowing any of the hardcore secrets. I am not sure what more recognition he could actually get.

Quote:
And since when yotsuba treat him as a powerful magician? besides maya the butler and couple of other, the clan is unaware of his power that's why his treated as a lowly guardian.
So you want more recognition from the Yotsuba? His own mother and aunt turned him into a guardian, despite knowing all his abilities. It wasn't a choice made by the rest of the clan. They all know he's a powerful fighter because he was made a guardian at just 6 and passed all the brutal tests those servants go through. The reason he's a lowly guardian was explained by his mother in v8. That reason won't change if they all suddenly learned of his strongest magics. Especially since the people who actually made that decision already knew everything.

Quote:
Second, mist dispersal is not a lethal spell. It has various effect based on what tatsuya wants to decompose, it varies from small injuries that can cripple an opponent to completely disintegrating the opponent. He can also use that to decompose weapons/cads like he did on the Stardust soldiers.
So using decomposition in a mock battle is not out of the question because its lethal.He can just decompose the opponent Cad rendering him useless, as well as he can use decomposition as aoe spell to protect himself from spells, as well as using it as counter magic(see gram dispesion), as well as using it to destroy other magician defenses, applications are to many to state them here.
And the fact is he did use decomposition in a mock battle against tomitsuka so your argument he cant use it cause it lethal is weak.
You want to compare strength just think of this , in icicle destruction one activation from his trident and the ice pillars will be gone before the opponent has a chance to cast as spell.Or start with a gram dispersion then trident. either way same effect.
Fist of all, the novel states his offensive decomposition spells are against the rules in v3c5 due to their destructive capability, except for use against inanimate targets, which I mentioned in my previous post. If his Mist Dispersal actually worked against Tomitsuka and the judge understood what he used, Tatsuya would have automatically lost by disqualification. If you reread the rules of duels, any level of use, like you just mentioned, of his offensive decomposition on the human body leads to an infraction of 'Abilities that cause direct harm to the physical body are forbidden.'.

Secondly, even if Tatsuya only used it on a person's CAD or even if he used just a tiny bit on their body below the limit of the rules, the match still goes on. Since physical attacks are allowed in matches between those of the same gender. The magicians may even still be able to use some magics without a CAD, especially the defensive ones. You don't need to point out how useful his magic would be, he could use it indirectly on the surrounding environment as well to instantly create pits and obstacles as well. My point is that the novel states if he uses it directly it would disqualify him, and if he uses it indirectly he would still have the same problem as before of having to use ambushes, tricks and tactics combined with martial arts or his other weaker magics to try and give the final blow.

Quote:
As battles go offcourse he struggles against powerful magicians but so does everyone else, you think miyuki being as powerful as she is will just clap her hand and bag the opponent is down? be serious man.
And its the same situation for the opponent, you think just because he's a powerful magician can easily lend a hit on him? We saw in his mock battle with tomitsuka how frustrated tomitsuka was because he was unable to land a hit let alone a decisive one.An tomitsuka was ranked as a powerful magician and a course 1 student....
I'm not sure you understood the point I was making. I was pointing out when in combat, Tatsuya has no problems landing hits and avoiding or countering attacks and having access to freely use his secret magics would make this even easier, but the same main problem would occur even if he had such freedom. Since magic attacks that cause direct physical damage are forbidden, he must use regular magic or other methods to finish off his opponent. Tatsuya's magic alone(everything aside from his birth magics) cannot directly cause enough physical effect to actually incapacitate most magicians with even average talent. By itself its really that weak.

Quote:
I said change his underdog status inside the yotsuba.You do understand that beeing a clan member doesn`t mean his name will change from shiba to yotsuba, or it will be publicly announced right?
If he were to be recognized as an yotsuba not as a guardian will open whole new possibilities for the story as well as for character development.
This is what I was trying understand and is why I asked what you meant. I apologise, your last post wasn't really clear to me about it only being his status inside the Yotsuba. I personally don't see any reason for his status to change, since the actual reason why he's a guardian still hasn't changed. And since the world outside the Yotsuba recognises all his talents, so much so that they've even had to change the main school system and foreign countries are trying to assassinate him, I personally believe his status among the Yotsuba has only been a minor story plot and changing it would be more harmful to him than beneficial. But I do agree it would introduce new story possibilities and chances for character developments.
Guest2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 04:29   Link #68
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
If you recheck my previous post I already pointed out that the only people who might still look down on him are those who do so because of his lack of talent with most magic, and this fact wouldn't change if his secrets are revealed, so I doubt their minds will change. Nearly everyone recognises all of his superlative skills already since the end of v4, without knowing any of the hardcore secrets. I am not sure what more recognition he could actually get.
I agree that's true, but would be interesting to see how people that already know his strong will view him after knowing his hardcore abilities.

Quote:
So you want more recognition from the Yotsuba? His own mother and aunt turned him into a guardian, despite knowing all his abilities. It wasn't a choice made by the rest of the clan. They all know he's a powerful fighter because he was made a guardian at just 6 and passed all the brutal tests those servants go through. The reason he's a lowly guardian was explained by his mother in v8. That reason won't change if they all suddenly learned of his strongest magics. Especially since the people who actually made that decision already knew everything.
Not entirely correct, yes he was made a guardian at age of 6 but that decision was mostly for him to be able to stay in the clan. If from clan perspective he wasn't a magician so he had no place in the clan the guardian position was the only option for him to stick around.
And also at age of 6, he didn't manifested decomposition and regrowth or strategic level magics, that happened when he was 13 in okinawa.

Quote:
Fist of all, the novel states his offensive decomposition spells are against the rules in v3c5 due to their destructive capability, except for use against inanimate targets, which I mentioned in my previous post. If his Mist Dispersal actually worked against Tomitsuka and the judge understood what he used, Tatsuya would have automatically lost by disqualification. If you reread the rules of duels, any level of use, like you just mentioned, of his offensive decomposition on the human body leads to an infraction of 'Abilities that cause direct harm to the physical body are forbidden.'.
I didn't said his offensive decomposition was allowed in duels, off course they where not ,other wise he would`ve owned every single magician in 9SC using the trident.
I just pointed out that Mist dispersal was not a lethal spell. When i think lethal i mean the spell will always kill the target which in MD case is not true. But MD is still forbidden because the minimum of effects will still be body harm if used on a human.

Quote:
Secondly, even if Tatsuya only used it on a person's CAD or even if he used just a tiny bit on their body below the limit of the rules, the match still goes on. Since physical attacks are allowed in matches between those of the same gender. The magicians may even still be able to use some magics without a CAD, especially the defensive ones. You don't need to point out how useful his magic would be, he could use it indirectly on the surrounding environment as well to instantly create pits and obstacles as well. My point is that the novel states if he uses it directly it would disqualify him, and if he uses it indirectly he would still have the same problem as before of having to use ambushes, tricks and tactics combined with martial arts or his other weaker magics to try and give the final blow.
Well yes its true that magician still can use magics without cads, but that takes preparation in advance not to mention some slow as cast speed so if you lose the CAD in a duel you are totally screwed. Well the ZI and DF would not pose any problem to tatsuya since he can just decompose them without any problems.Gram dispersion anyone? and that is allowed decomposition magic since its not targeting the body.
In his case he can fight without a cad, flash cast technique, but the rest of the students don`t even know such a technique even existed much less use it.

Quote:
I'm not sure you understood the point I was making. I was pointing out when in combat, Tatsuya has no problems landing hits and avoiding or countering attacks and having access to freely use his secret magics would make this even easier, but the same main problem would occur even if he had such freedom. Since magic attacks that cause direct physical damage are forbidden, he must use regular magic or other methods to finish off his opponent. Tatsuya's magic alone(everything aside from his birth magics) cannot directly cause enough physical effect to actually incapacitate most magicians with even average talent. By itself its really that weak.
I understood your point, but you are talking about mock battles i was talking real battles.
His magic may not be as powerful as other magicians but can incapacitate magicians, Far strike "Magic penetration bullet" send tomitsuka flying and knocked him out, same as for that resonance pseudo-cast jamming he used on hattori and the sound spell he used on masaki, or the oscilation magic that took out the stardust soldier, i say his magic is pretty effective when put to good use.
Those may not be a-rank spells but that doesn`t mean they are not very effective.
We tend to confuse the talent of a mage(magic power by current system) with his actual combat ability.
To put it in gamers terms magic power is more like "Damage on paper" and combat ability is how well they can apply that damage.Just because u can use an a-rank spell if the opponent can dodge it its virtually useless.
We also tent to forget that besides decomposition magic that can target the human body directly and some other obscure magic like that, the rest of the magic does not, which means mobility is a very high factor when it comes to combat, as well as tactics and strategy.
As for battle with tomitsuka, the hard part was not that his spells were weak, the hard part was how to deal with that psion armor he had.
And his magic was not weak, its stated that during battle the highly powerful magics involved in the battle from both sides. I think the words were along the line of a martial brawl between two highly powerful and skilled magicians.
Besides the mock battles we seen so far do not show the strength of magician, look at takuma vs saeguesa twins battle u can`t call that a battle they were staying in same position all the time and launching magic at each other. U can't really call that a battle that was a joke. The closest to a real battle that we seen in mock battles was the tomitsuka vs tatsuya duel. That's why everyone that saw that battle including, takuma, the twins etc where so stunned, because not only the powerful magic involved but also the combat ability of those two. Thats why takuma and kasumi, despite both of them being a-rank mages, stated that the strength of both tomitsuka and tatsuya was far far far beyond their level even if they were just 1 year older then them.

Quote:
This is what I was trying understand and is why I asked what you meant. I apologise, your last post wasn't really clear to me about it only being his status inside the Yotsuba. I personally don't see any reason for his status to change, since the actual reason why he's a guardian still hasn't changed. And since the world outside the Yotsuba recognises all his talents, so much so that they've even had to change the main school system and foreign countries are trying to assassinate him, I personally believe his status among the Yotsuba has only been a minor story plot and changing it would be more harmful to him than beneficial. But I do agree it would introduce new story possibilities and chances for character developments.
i agree it was a minor story plot so far, but with the yotsuba taking more of a center role in the upcoming volumes that will not be a minor story plot for so long.
Also the magic engineering course its not just because of tatsuya to change his status in school, they could've put him in course 1 if they wanted that(mikihiko was put in course 1 and compared to tatsuya his now where in the near).
The change also came because of the 9sc last summer, when the lack of engineering stuff lead to boys team losing big time both in official and new comer division. They only managed to win because of tatsuya involvement as an magic engineer proving that talent alone can`t win battles. You could say the school used him to make that course without encountering any opposition from the school board that thought the role of the magic high was to train magicians not engineers.
Old 2014-04-18, 05:10   Link #69
pampz21
ShipCore

Future speculation:
Tatsuya will join Rozen magecraft so they can help build a better world for magicians. Then few years later Tatsuya will marry to the Rozen.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-04-18 at 05:21.
Old 2014-04-18, 05:29   Link #70
niffum

Quote:
Not entirely correct, yes he was made a guardian at age of 6 but that decision was mostly for him to be able to stay in the clan. If from clan perspective he wasn't a magician so he had no place in the clan the guardian position was the only option for him to stick around.
And also at age of 6, he didn't manifested decomposition and regrowth or strategic level magics, that happened when he was 13 in okinawa.

This is kind of a nitpick, but nowhere is it stated that Tatsuya was made a Guardian at a young age as a way to keep him within the clan. That's just what Miyuki assumes in volume 8 since she can't imagine that so young a child would be competent enough to protect someone and, presumably, because she wants to believe the best of her family. As for never manifesting Regrowth and Decomposition before Okinawa, I seriously doubt it. Miya stated that he was born with those abilities and is in no way surprised when he decomposes those underwater missiles, indicating that she already knew of those abilities. Besides, I'd imagine that having Regrowth was one of the reasons he managed to survive his training. Turning matter into energy and healing other people might have been a first, but even then I'm not sure since again, Miya seems remarkably unsurprised by those abilities of Tatsuya's. (Of course, she could have just been putting on her best poker face.)

Quote:
Also the magic engineering course its not just because of tatsuya to change his status in school, they could've put him in course 1 if they wanted that(mikihiko was put in course 1 and compared to tatsuya his now where in the near).
The change also came because of the 9sc last summer, when the lack of engineering stuff lead to boys team losing big time both in official and new comer division. They only managed to win because of tatsuya involvement as an magic engineer proving that talent alone can`t win battles. You could say the school used him to make that course without encountering any opposition from the school board that thought the role of the magic high was to train magicians not engineers.
Tatsuya's practical skills in any type of magic that he can actually use in public are poor. Really poor. Unless the school changes the way it evaluates magic ability, he will never be a course 1 student because his combined theory/practical score will always be below the cut-off point for course 1. Mikihiko on the other hand is a talented practitioner of Ancient Magic with excellent theoretical knowledge, so now that he has overcome the psychological block that held once held him back, it's really not surprising that he made it into course 1. Sure, of the two Tatsuya is the guy who can demolish pretty much anyone in a fight, but the school doesn't grade combat ability.
niffum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 05:34   Link #71
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Future speculation:
Tatsuya will join Rozen magecraft so they can help build a better world for magicians. Then few years later Tatsuya will marry to the Rozen.
not happening, for once he is an yotsuba and yotsuba have the FLT company that servers his purposes as taurus silver. He can do whatever research he wants there without no one interfering, not maya, not his father, no one.
Why would he change to rosen? The FLT saves his purpose very fine. You know his invention benefit the yotsuba as well, maya will not let him go to rozen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by niffum View Post
This is kind of a nitpick, but nowhere is it stated that Tatsuya was made a Guardian at a young age as a way to keep him within the clan. That's just what Miyuki assumes in volume 8 since she can't imagine that so young a child would be competent enough to protect someone and, presumably, because she wants to believe the best of her family. As for never manifesting Regrowth and Decomposition before Okinawa, I seriously doubt it. Miya stated that he was born with those abilities and is in no way surprised when he decomposes those underwater missiles, indicating that she already knew of those abilities. Besides, I'd imagine that having Regrowth was one of the reasons he managed to survive his training. Turning matter into energy and healing other people might have been a first, but even then I'm not sure since again, Miya seems remarkably unsurprised by those abilities of Tatsuya's. (Of course, she could have just been putting on her best poker face.)

Tatsuya's practical skills in any type of magic that he can actually use in public are poor. Really poor. Unless the school changes the way it evaluates magic ability, he will never be a course 1 student because his combined theory/practical score will always be below the cut-off point for course 1. Mikihiko on the other hand is a talented practitioner of Ancient Magic with excellent theoretical knowledge, so now that he has overcome the psychological block that held once held him back, it's really not surprising that he made it into course 1. Sure, of the two Tatsuya is the guy who can demolish pretty much anyone in a fight, but the school doesn't grade combat ability.
at first part, i didn't say the reason why he become a guardian was that, was just saying what miyuki deduced from the whole affair. And yes the first time he used regrowth, at least on another person was when he saved miyuki. Miya maybe knew about his abilities but i doubt anyone else knew maybe except for maya.

As for the second part, what possible motive could the school have to create a whole new curriculum just for tatsuya. From a magic stand point he was still a course 2 student, his intelligence has nothing to do with magic and since this was a magic high school and magic was the most important thing i don't see the reasoning of creating a whole new curriculum just for 1 student.

And as a school that doesn't grade combat ability they sure use that combat ability to gain recognition as the best magic high school, kinda ironic if you as me.

Last edited by SoboSobo; 2014-04-18 at 05:47.
Old 2014-04-18, 05:43   Link #72
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
not happening, for once he is an yotsuba and yotsuba have the FLT company that servers his purposes as taurus silver. He can do whatever research he wants there without no one interfering, not maya, not his father, no one.
Why would he change to rosen? The FLT saves his purpose very fine. You know his invention benefit the yotsuba as well, maya will not let him go to rozen.
Are you sure about that? Heres a hint why does Miyuki hate her and Sayuri.

Tatsuya's goal and dream are I think the same as Einst.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-18, 05:56   Link #73
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:

the goals might be the same, but remember he is still a yotsuba and they thrive on secrecy, going over to the rosen will increase the chances of his ties to yotsuba, the military and god forbid that he is a SC to be uncovered.

At the FLT he is just the son of the ceo and no one asks any questions.

But an genius high school student popping up from no where with skills that rival taurus silver himself will raise a lot of questions, and a company as big and powerful as rosen there's no way they wont look deep in his background and make some connections.
So he wont take the risk!!!
Old 2014-04-18, 06:01   Link #74
niffum

Quote:

Because Sayuri was her father's lover throughout his entire marriage to Miya, because Tatsurou waited no time at all after Miya's death before marrying Sayuri, and because Miyuki loved her mother but kind of despises her father? And even though Miyuki also dislikes Sayuri because she - Sayuri - doesn't give Tatsuya the recognition he deserves, that has pretty much no impact on Tatsuya's Silver Taurus work. Besides, as long as Tatsuya enjoys working with his team at FLT, what does Miyuki's dislike of Sayuri have to do with anything?
Old 2014-04-18, 06:43   Link #75
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Because Sayuri was her father's lover throughout his entire marriage to Miya, because Tatsurou waited no time at all after Miya's death before marrying Sayuri, and because Miyuki loved her mother but kind of despises her father? And even though Miyuki also dislikes Sayuri because she - Sayuri - doesn't give Tatsuya the recognition he deserves, that has pretty much no impact on Tatsuya's Silver Taurus work. Besides, as long as Tatsuya enjoys working with his team at FLT, what does Miyuki's dislike of Sayuri have to do with anything?
Its not just miyuki hate against her father and sayuri, Tatsuya also despises him and her. But that doesn`t affect his work as taurus silver, he doesn`t give a crap about his father and sayuri because so far they haven`t had any effect on his work.
And miyuki dislikes anyone who treats tatsuya bad no matter who she/he is.Remember she almost snapped at maya when maya barely mentioned to replace tatsuya with minami.
Old 2014-04-18, 07:12   Link #76
niffum

Quote:
Its not just miyuki hate against her father and sayuri, Tatsuya also despises him and her. But that doesn`t affect his work as taurus silver, he doesn`t give a crap about his father and sayuri because so far they haven`t had any effect on his work.
And miyuki dislikes anyone who treats tatsuya bad no matter who she/he is.Remember she almost snapped at maya when maya barely mentioned to replace tatsuya with minami.
Yeah, I agree. Mostly I just don't understand why pampz brought up Miyuki's dislike of Sayuri in this context. How is it relevant to Tatsuya's work as Taurus Silver?
Old 2014-04-18, 07:21   Link #77
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
the goals might be the same, but remember he is still a yotsuba and they thrive on secrecy, going over to the rosen will increase the chances of his ties to yotsuba, the military and god forbid that he is a SC to be uncovered.

At the FLT he is just the son of the ceo and no one asks any questions.

But an genius high school student popping up from no where with skills that rival taurus silver himself will raise a lot of questions, and a company as big and powerful as rosen there's no way they wont look deep in his background and make some connections.
So he wont take the risk!!!
Being a guardian to the Yotsuba is the more reason to leave. Then why do you think the Rosen manipulated the information regarding the experiment that was held in first at vol. 12? More or less Einst probably already has an idea who he is and choose to conceal his identity to the public. It bothered Tatsuya too; but gave him a praise for what he done. More or less Tatsuya's opinion about Einst is good. Tatsuya already risk his identity to first high and the world as the director of the fusion reactor; if not for Einst doing some dirty work, there would probably alot of people curious with his identity already.

Quote:
You got half of it right. Miyuki knows they are abusing Tatsuya and the reason the want to get Tatsuya back in FLT is to put a leash on him and to take all Tatsuya's glory for themselves.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-04-18, 07:35   Link #78
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Being a guardian to the Yotsuba is the more reason to leave. Then why do you think the Rosen manipulated the information regarding the experiment that was held in first at vol. 12? More or less Einst probably already has an idea who he is and choose to conceal his identity to the public. It bothered Tatsuya too; but gave him a praise for what he done. More or less Tatsuya's opinion about Einst is good. Tatsuya already risk his identity to first high and the world as the director of the fusion reactor; if not for Einst doing some dirty work, there would probably alot of people curious with his identity already.
A cooperation between the two is possible, but not as far as going to work for rosen.Maybe einst knows about him being taurus silver thats why he kept his identity a secret or maybe he diverted attention from him in order for rosen to get to him first and not the maximillian devices company or whatever is called because they are the competition.

Quote:
You got half of it right. Miyuki knows they are abusing Tatsuya and the reason the want to get Tatsuya back in FLT is to put a leash on him and to take all Tatsuya's glory for themselves.
What glory man? The patents for the cads, the loop casting system, fly magic and everything else is under the name taurus silver which is tatsuya.
If this ever gets public he will get the glory not the FLT.
FLT keeps him around because his work brings money, the more successful the company becomes the more influence the company gains in the country and thats exactly what the yotsuba wants.
Hence why maya lets tatsuya so whatever research he wants at FLT. Tatsuya uses FLT for its resources to help his studies and Flt uses his creation to make money and gain influence. I say is a win win for both parties.
Old 2014-04-18, 07:39   Link #79
Echizen777

Quote:
Tatsuya hates nobody, he has not reached that emotional development yet.

Quote:
Can we really say they are abusing Tatsuya? He is the boss in his FLT unit and the only reason he keeps his identity hidden is because he is too young. He doesn't even need their support to live.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 07:39   Link #80
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
And a lost on their parent because they can't get that fame from tatsuya