Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-29, 18:17   Link #1
hi no ken Jebus

[Manga] Chapter 221 Discussion

"Let Eat the World's End"
Spoiler:

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2006-03-31 at 09:10.
Old 2006-03-29, 18:21   Link #2
yuchan

Sounds like a waste of a chapter. From the sounds of it, the stuff happening in this chap coulda taken half a chapter. As always, thanks hi no ken Jebus!
Old 2006-03-30, 11:27   Link #3
PigLig

well.. atleast the inner world is over now, time to see what ichigo gain.
Old 2006-03-30, 17:08   Link #4
RX79GMCustom
Grumpy Bear

it seems ichigo doesnt even 'eat' his hollow like hirako was talking about. it seems the same as when they first met and wtf is kenpachi doing in ichigo's sub-concious
Old 2006-03-30, 17:12   Link #5
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX79GMCustom
it seems ichigo doesnt even 'eat' his hollow like hirako was talking about. it seems the same as when they first met and wtf is kenpachi doing in ichigo's sub-concious
because kenpachi is one scary mo-fo, so Ichigo thinks of him as the ultimate badass! No I don't know, but Kenpachi is great.
Old 2006-03-30, 18:06   Link #6
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
i think the correct word is consume? obviously you don't devour it literally.
Old 2006-03-30, 18:22   Link #7
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by propa03
because kenpachi is one scary mo-fo, so Ichigo thinks of him as the ultimate badass! No I don't know, but Kenpachi is great.
I believe for myself that you actually nailed it right.

When they first met during the Soul Society arc, Ichigo could not believe all the bloodlust drive he felt from Zaraki and was ape-shit frightened more to the fact that Zaraki's such killer more for fighting than just showing off power.

So, it wasn't from the fight rather from feeling his reiatsu, that Zaraki made an eternal impression on Ichigo's subconscious. Could have been an inner trauma?
Old 2006-03-30, 19:50   Link #8
Kona
Banned

Frankly, i dont think it is kenpachi. Zangetsu made it up for him to raise his confidence because kenpachi is afraid of nothing and he showes a good example of a fighter. Hichigo could eat ichigo for breakfast anyday. Letting him off the kitchen for now.
Old 2006-03-30, 23:07   Link #9
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona
Frankly, i dont think it is kenpachi. Zangetsu made it up for him to raise his confidence because kenpachi is afraid of nothing and he showes a good example of a fighter. Hichigo could eat ichigo for breakfast anyday. Letting him off the kitchen for now.

i think kenpaachi appeared because his just the closest example fo the fighter that is needed.
Old 2006-03-31, 09:08   Link #10
hi no ken Jebus

I'm just glad this whole ordeal is over and we can proceed to learning more about the vaizards
Old 2006-03-31, 15:21   Link #11
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RX79GMCustom
i was thinking the same thing but in an Evangelion way where unit 01 ate that angel that was disgusting

for somepart im glad that didnt happen but i am glad that this innerworld is over, i thought they would lengthen it out so that every other vaizard would get an introduction fight.. but yippie it didnt happen

now we can see what happened to Ichi-ni
Old 2006-03-31, 16:38   Link #12
M4rauder

Maybe that's Zangetsu posing as Kenpachi to help Ichigo...? I'm still wondering where he went, and I'm glad he's not a part of Hichigo. Dunno though, I haven't seen a translation for this week yet.
Old 2006-03-31, 17:30   Link #13
Dionysus
Ichigo VS Hitsugaya plz

Ichigo is the Ultimate Underdog, Always seems to pull it off sooner or later.

Even again'st the "Self-Proclaimed Zangetsu Hollow" Ichigo just likes to listen to a little abuse before he teaches his opponent a lesson ;] After learning one himself.

Therefore bettering his Abilitys, He's sucha Smart guy. even though it may seem like it.

He learns from every experience in Zaraki's Case he learned Two things from a Guy who doesn't know very little about his Zanpaktou
Old 2006-03-31, 20:28   Link #14
Wervy
Cutely Pervy

This kinda feels like a cop out to me :/ Regular Ichi sure didnt seem like he could take hollow Ichi, and now it seems he beat the hollow for no real reason besides the fact that he is the main character. This arc is starting to turn me off the manga, at least the anime filler is taking a shot at some things we were wondering about.
Old 2006-03-31, 22:45   Link #15
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus
Pardon my "slowness", but I do not get what is going on in this image.

Now... Is Ichigo gonna get a new kido for his bankai, or is getsuga tensho the only kido Zangetsu can use? I guess we will have to wait and see...
Old 2006-04-01, 00:32   Link #16
Biswa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpObscura
Pardon my "slowness", but I do not get what is going on in this image.

Now... Is Ichigo gonna get a new kido for his bankai, or is getsuga tensho the only kido Zangetsu can use? I guess we will have to wait and see...
First its Hollow Ichigo being surprised at the sudden change and also It's basically Ichigo's mind trying to motivate itself. He's repeating "Instinct" in his own mind (i think). Naturally, his repeating of the word "instinct" brings about the epitome of instinct into his mind, Kenpachi, who continues further motivation.

I'm sure he'll also get some new crazy technique in his bankai. One thing that is forshadowed is the White Zangetsu, but i don't know how it will be used. Kidou would be a cool thing, but i don't see the point of him using it. I would think he should do just stronger moves and much better fighting style, which also explain the effect of the last three chapters with emphasis on instinct and the sword. Skill in hand-to-hand combat, experience in battle, and a better sense when fighting (so using his brains a bit) may be something that's achieved?

Also i don't see why people are so anxious (well i understand it) but i think these chapters have been *essential.* These chapters have been interesting to me and gives reasons for Ichigo's improvement... this is the training for Ichigo i've been waiting for since his loss to Uroquilla. It has also revealed a lot about his inner hollow and vizoreds. This chapter is DEFINITELY not a waste.
Old 2006-04-01, 00:37   Link #17
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

This mirrors the fight Ichigo had with Kenpachi. Back then, Zangetsu encourages Ichigo to trust him and draw power from him. Zangetsu probably doesn't have any malice towards Ichigo, but for a hybrid like Ichigo, the side-effect of drawing too much power from Zangetsu means Wichigo gets a chance to take over.

Now the "Kenpachi" within Ichigo's sub-conscience is encouraging Ichigo to embrace his "desire for battle", i.e. to stop being over-reliant on the Soul Cutter and trust his own shinigami power.

Seems like Ichigo has found the balance between his Soul Cutter and his own abilities.
Old 2006-04-01, 07:13   Link #18
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
All in all, a decent chapter. Altho I wish Ichigo would have smacked the shit out of Hichigo a bit more..
Old 2006-04-01, 11:04   Link #19
Dionysus
Ichigo VS Hitsugaya plz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wervy
This kinda feels like a cop out to me :/ Regular Ichi sure didnt seem like he could take hollow Ichi, and now it seems he beat the hollow for no real reason besides the fact that he is the main character. This arc is starting to turn me off the manga, at least the anime filler is taking a shot at some things we were wondering about.
Ichigo was also told to Examine his opponent for a weakness before attacking

Lest his example toward Kenpachi, Taking a page out of the book he had opened during the battle with Kenpachi.

The fearlessness he shown towards him was the only way to defeat him

He used that same tactic to overcome Hichigo, Also when battling Zangetsu for Bankai he devoloped the ability to examine rather than swing swing swing until he gets it right

Hichigo was basically reminding Ichigo of the Lesson he onced forgotten.
Old 2006-04-01, 18:22   Link #20
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
I think it'd be very nice if whenever he brought out the hollow mask, his bankai outfit and blade went from black to white. not saying it'll happen, but it would be cool.

The Vaizards aren't really accepted by anyone. Urahara and Isshin know what is going on with Ichigo, but what about all of the spiritually aware who don't? Inoue, Sado, Karin, all the Shinigami around, Tatsuki, how will they react to basically seeing Ichigo turn into a monster? I don't know if he'll try to hide it or not, but what will their reactions be? Or will the Vaizard themselves set down rules for usage of the mask?
Closed Thread