AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-23, 18:41   Link #61
_Riku_

Hm, I was recently informed that all the eps after the Kyoto arc were fillers and that the mainstory was never completed, does anyone know wich volume and chapter I should start with (after the kyoto arc).
_Riku_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-23, 19:22   Link #62
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Riku_
Hm, I was recently informed that all the eps after the Kyoto arc were fillers and that the mainstory was never completed, does anyone know wich volume and chapter I should start with (after the kyoto arc).
Hmmm, I believe it's volume....19 that picks up where the Kyoto arc leaves off, and thus is where the un-animated story starts? It was either volume 18 or 19.
Old 2006-08-01, 07:31   Link #63
Piny

Question about Kenshin

Hi all, ive seen Rhyokin Kenshin or however u spell it , today my friend sent me a AMV link leading into youtube.com with kenshin being the video the music was playing by, and it was obviously Kenshin but it was more "new" if u wanta call it that.

the one i saw was quite old as Kenshin itself is old. Can anyone tell me if they "redid" the episodes with a revised and improved format of the old Kenshin? Btw i didnt acutally finish all of kenshin i just watched passed the sushio episodes, is it that leader on in the series the grahpics were redone? thx for replies and if u dont understand wat im exactly saying just post i no its a lil confusing with my descriptions.
Piny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 07:46   Link #64
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

It's possible that the amv was about the OVAs and the Movie. They have better animation than the TV series.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...nime.php?id=73
Click on the related anime links.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-01, 17:33   Link #65
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For those interested, "Yahiko no Sakabuto" is in the current issue of Shonen Jump...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 17:49   Link #66
gencbiba

Someone must send me a spoiler or something about "Samurai X: Reflection OAV."

"Kaoru goes to the harbor every day to see if Kenshin has returned. After a while, she starts looking back at her life with Kenshin and all the things that have happened." This is a description I got from AnimeNewsNetwork.com and I just want a spoiler... It sounds really sad plus the fact that she is waiting by the harbor for Kenshin? I was just hoping someone could clarify that because it is confusing me.

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-04, 10:05   Link #67
toniblab

i seen it all twice plus movies!!the ending could had been better.
toniblab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-06, 05:06   Link #68
Electroguy
An Undisclosed Liability

Kenshin was pretty awesome but after the Shishio (sp?? Its been a few years since Ive seen it) Storyline it went downhill.

Glad they used a controversial ending to the series instead of another happily ever after.

The Ova's were really good as well.

I'd give it 8/10 for an overall score.
Old 2008-05-15, 17:48   Link #69
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I have a question.... i already finished the Kyota arc and now im at episode 67.... and till now they seemed like really bad made filler episodes.
Is there a new arc or i'll be watching fillers till episode 95?

And i would like a spoiler about the ending: Is it a happy ending between Kenshin and Kaoru or a sad one?
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 19:07   Link #70
GreatTeacherKen

Yup, it's filler all the way to the end.

As for the ending, it depends. The manga does have a happy ending (though I should point out that the manga has another arc after the Kyoto one, the Seishounen does cover it albeit in a very streamlined form), but the Seishounen OVA that concludes the anime adaptation doesn't. So choose which one you like better I guess.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 19:15   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

The manga had a great arc after the Kyoto arc, too - it's a shame it was never animated. C'est la vie...
Old 2008-05-15, 19:27   Link #72
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatTeacherKen View Post
Yup, it's filler all the way to the end.

As for the ending, it depends. The manga does have a happy ending (though I should point out that the manga has another arc after the Kyoto one, the Seishounen does cover it albeit in a very streamlined form), but the Seishounen OVA that concludes the anime adaptation doesn't. So choose which one you like better I guess.
and what about the ending of the tv series (episode 95)? Im only interested in how Kenshin and Kaoru ended... since the rest of the episodes are filler i would prefer someone tell me about those two =D
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-01, 09:48   Link #73
retardsrox

In the manga ending they live happily after... go read 'Haru ni Sakura' to find out the true ending
retardsrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-29, 15:32   Link #74
nonexistinghero

I have a question on the Directors cut of Tsuiokuhen, Kenshin's first fight against a member of the Shinsengumi has been fleshed out quite a bit, which fight was that and when?
nonexistinghero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 11:33   Link #75
christine_cute
A total anime freak^^

are you all guys kidding me??
This is supposed to be the best anime ever!!
christine_cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 19:08   Link #76
Bradical
Godly Wolves manager

The anime in my opinion was good didnt like the ova ending tho prefer the manga one lol
Bradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 12:48   Link #77
Celebrianna

I would love to see a remake of this series that is faithful to the manga. I love the manga. But I heard that after the OVA, the author was quite peeved about their handling of his story so the chances of a remake after that was zero.
Celebrianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 11:12   Link #78
ditn

Best series ever and one of the first anime i watched and enjoyed alot
The Rurouni Kenshin Reminiscence ova is also very good
The last ova was just so they could keep the fans shut of doing the last arc in the manga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrianna View Post
I would love to see a remake of this series that is faithful to the manga. I love the manga. But I heard that after the OVA, the author was quite peeved about their handling of his story so the chances of a remake after that was zero.
The author of kenshin was pissed about how they handled the end
he said to everyone that it was fake and never the way he wanted it to end ^^
And that the manga end was the true end.
ditn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-04, 11:15   Link #79
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Since the OVA was produced by different people than the series, I hardly see why that would prevent Watsuki from allowing the Jinchu arc to finally be animated. I'd love to see it - the manga end is a thousand times better than either the OVAs or the anime-original filler end - but after this long I doubt it will ever happen.
Old 2010-01-04, 11:17   Link #80
Coruja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebrianna View Post
Yeah, I'd like a RK remake. I love the old anime/OVAs but I wanted something that would follow the manga in a faithful way. If the old anime series followed the manga from the beginning to the end it would have been perfect: great character design, good animation, awesome soundtrack, etc.
Coruja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, historical, shounen