AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2008-05-03, 20:58   Link #1
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Villainous Loli Characters In Anime (Has it ever happened?)

I don't think so to be honest. Every series I've seen where there has been a battle between the supposed good side and the supposed evil side, if there's a loli character involved they've either been on the hero's side, or have switched sides to be on the hero's side, or have just plain never really been evil regardless and were fulfilling some naive ideal or just playing or whatever.

Really though, has anybody ever seen a series where a loli character has been portrayed as wholly evil (with both the intent and the act of being so) and beyond redemption like the children of the damned or something?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 21:06   Link #2
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Yes, Fate Testarossa from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. She is the perfect example of what you're looking for. Although she wasn't beyond redemption.

Also, Gretel from Otogi Jushi... Sortof.
Old 2008-05-03, 21:10   Link #3
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Yes, Fate Testarossa from Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha. She is the perfect example of what you're looking for.
Yes, correct. This is exactly what you're looking for, but only in the first season.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 21:34   Link #4
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Wrong, people. Read the OP post. Fate Testarossa is precisely not what he's looking for.

First thing to spring to mind was Rifa from Idolm@ster: Xenoglossia. (Although, in all honesty, my instinctive answer to this question is "who cares?")
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 21:46   Link #5
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Even from the start Fate wasn't evil. She was collecting the jewel seeds because she wanted to please her mother. Doing that was impossible, but Fate was still trying to be accepted, even as her mother abused her.
Old 2008-05-03, 21:51   Link #6
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

That's what we get after knowing her story. I did read the OP. I will argue that Fate never switched to the "hero's side," fighting against Nanoha until the very end. I'm starting to think that it's you guys who didn't read the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I don't think so to be honest. Every series I've seen where there has been a battle between the supposed good side and the supposed evil side, if there's a loli character involved they've either been on the hero's side, or have switched sides to be on the hero's side, or have just plain never really been evil regardless and were fulfilling some naive ideal or just playing or whatever.
Fate is exactly that. She's never switched sides, and she's never really been evil and just fulfilling her mother's wishes, but she was portrayed to be evil throughout the first season, and that's what matters.
Old 2008-05-03, 22:01   Link #7
Lanner Falcon
Lord of the Crimson Realm

Aizen Twins

The Aizen Twins from Shakugan no Shana. They may have loved each other, but they were villains till the end.

Well, one was a shota, but the other still counts…
Old 2008-05-03, 22:26   Link #8
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Priscilla from Claymore fits part of the description, but her mind seemed to have regressed back to that of a child. Still, I think she might be what you're looking for.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 22:57   Link #9
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
That's what we get after knowing her story. I did read the OP. I will argue that Fate never switched to the "hero's side," fighting against Nanoha until the very end. I'm starting to think that it's you guys who didn't read the OP.
Muda muda muda muda mudaa!
Deep breaths, KholdSecks.
Here's the quote for reference:
Quote:
And here:
Quote:
Fate is exactly that. She's never switched sides, and she's never really been evil and just fulfilling her mother's wishes, but she was portrayed to be evil throughout the first season, and that's what matters.
You're supporting that she wasn't ever on the hero's side, and she didn't really switch sides, because she was never really evil, but Kaoishin-sama said:
Quote:
or have just plain never really been evil regardless and were fulfilling some naive ideal or just playing or whatever.
That's exactly what Fate was, though.
That she was portrayed to be evil doesn't really matter, since it means she wasn't actually evil at all, and by the end of the series, the viewers' empathy/sympathy/atrophy would let them realise it.

Lots of fun with italics in that post. All right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanner Falcon View Post
The Aizen Twins from Shakugan no Shana. They may have loved each other, but they were villains till the end.

Well, one was a shota, but the other still counts…
There we go.
It was even Yukari Tamura, so even more loli points there.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 22:59   Link #10
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
Wrong, people. Read the OP post. Fate Testarossa is precisely not what he's looking for.

First thing to spring to mind was Rifa from Idolm@ster: Xenoglossia. (Although, in all honesty, my instinctive answer to this question is "who cares?")
Well you are actually right as I think Fate was one of those side changers. As for who cares, people who find it curious that they seem to be the one character "class" (shall we say) that is never really evil and always seems to have some manipulation story behind them at worst. I think the trope was called Tyke Bomb. Although Riffa comes close perhaps to being a truly evil loli character in never really progressing beyond sociopathic tendencies towards axe murdering. Though again that came across in the end as one of those stories of a child that was never taught the rules of right and wrong judging by the fact that she seemed to think it was all a game her "mother" cooked up.

And obviously you care too as you deigned to answer.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:02   Link #11
X207
Gamyūsa

wat about Illyasviel von Einzbern from FSN? she did play the evil role until her hero was defeated then was a live-in vistor in shirou's house.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 23:04   Link #12
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

I don't know what qtip just did, except quoted me and said that I'm right while saying I'm wrong.

Well it's up to each person to say if Fate is changes side or not.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:15   Link #13
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
wat about Illyasviel von Einzbern from FSN? she did play the evil role until her hero was defeated then was a live-in vistor in shirou's house.
That's an example of side-changing though.
Quote:
I don't know what qtip just did, except quoted me and said that I'm right while saying I'm wrong.

Well it's up to each person to say if Fate is changes side or not.
I said that you said about Fate was right (even though I personally think Fate was a side-changer to some extent) but that because you were right, Fate wasn't an evil loli because it contradicted what the terms of being an evil loli.

And I don't think it's possible to have an evil loli with no strings attached.
Children always have that childlike innocence, so unless it was an older mind/soul/whatever in a younger body via immortality, magic, etc., it wouldn't be possible.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:17   Link #14
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Qtip, if you're really bored, you can try to animate snow for me~.

EDIT: Wait, I think I won this thread. Machi from Nagasarete Airantou fits.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:19   Link #15
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Qtip, if you're really bored, you can try to animate snow for me~.
Snow falling down on a Nagisa lying down as opposed to falling down on a screen with an overhead view?
Yes, I stalk.
I can try, depending on how many frames I'm allowed.

And what am I talking about?
Mariko/Number 35 from Elfen Lied was pretty evil.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:23   Link #16
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

You can have as many frames as it takes so that Nagisa doesn't look like a monochromatic lump of coal. Since the background is mostly gray, we can get by with less colors. Transforming the snow layers so that it makes a falling down to center effect is hard though.

Oh, and since I have nothing else to say, I second Mariko, even though...well she never switched sides, but she...is weird.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:28   Link #17
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
You can have as many frames as it takes so that Nagisa doesn't look like a monochromatic lump of coal. Since the background is mostly gray, we can get by with less colors. Transforming the snow layers so that it makes a falling down to center effect is hard though.
It's hard not to make Nagisa not look like a lump of coal.

Ha!

And yes, I can try.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:31   Link #18
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
It's hard not to make Nagisa not look like a lump of coal.

Ha!

And yes, I can try.
Okay, I'll e-mail you someday after I marathon CCS again. Didn't I just do that like a month ago?

And to be on topic, Sakura is not what the OP is looking for.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:48   Link #19
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Ahem, guys, that is what PM's are for.

And if Mariko is the character from Elfen Lied, didn't she end up going all daddy's little girl once the scientist showed up to take her away and then they were going to live happily ever after until.....well. I don't know, that's yet another example of lacking the knowledge between right and wrong more (lacking the mens reas) than truly evil tendencies and seeing things as a game. She had the opportunity to off the doctor though, but didn't because he was her father, so that I think shows a capacity towards compassion and love. The twin from Shana may actually qualify though, I never thought of that.
Old 2008-05-03, 23:55   Link #20
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Well, one can say that Mariko was evil because she wanted to be accepted by her father, so she was evil until the very end. The fact that she's going to live happily ever after doesn't mean she switched sides.

Tags
loli