Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-11-15, 08:22   Link #221
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

Order of the Inuyasha movies.

I checked out animenfo and saw there's at least 4 different movies (though some apparently go by different titles, are the same movie..)

However I couldn't work out the exact order of them. I'd like to watch them in order, if at all possible.. Also if anyone knows, the rough time in the series I should watch them in? like movie 1 after episode 30, or whatever it works out to be.

So does anyone know the exact order of the story as far as the movies and series go?

I *think* it's like this:

1) Inuyasha - Kagami no Naka no Mugenjou / AKA "Dream Castle Inside the Mirror" / AKA "The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass"

2) Inuyasha - Toki o koeru omoi / AKA "Love which transcends time"

3) Inuyasha - Tenka Hado no Ken / AKA ??

4) Inuyasha - Guren no Houraijima / AKA ??

But that's only from what I can work out, the multiple titles on the first two are somewhat confusing, and I have no idea where in relation to the series the movies take place. So if someone could put them in to some sort of timeline, it'd be much appreciated. ^_^:
Asai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 08:39   Link #222
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asai
I checked out animenfo and saw there's at least 4 different movies (though some apparently go by different titles, are the same movie..)

However I couldn't work out the exact order of them. I'd like to watch them in order, if at all possible.. Also if anyone knows, the rough time in the series I should watch them in? like movie 1 after episode 30, or whatever it works out to be.

So does anyone know the exact order of the story as far as the movies and series go?

I *think* it's like this:

1) Inuyasha - Kagami no Naka no Mugenjou / AKA "Dream Castle Inside the Mirror" / AKA "The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass"

2) Inuyasha - Toki o koeru omoi / AKA "Love which transcends time"

3) Inuyasha - Tenka Hado no Ken / AKA ??

4) Inuyasha - Guren no Houraijima / AKA ??

But that's only from what I can work out, the multiple titles on the first two are somewhat confusing, and I have no idea where in relation to the series the movies take place. So if someone could put them in to some sort of timeline, it'd be much appreciated. ^_^:
The order of the movies is

1. Love which transcends time : it's not really related to the anime and can be watched at any time, I'd say watch the first 35 episodes before watching the movie just so you know who some side chars are

2. Castle beyond the looking glass : Another unrelated movie, watch it after Kagura and Kanna have been introduced, somewhere around episode 42, but better to watch it after ep 54 since I think IY uses "something" that gets introduced in that ep.

3. Tenka Hado no Ken : watch it... llate in the series, losta side characters in it, sry can't really give an ep nr

4. Guren no Houraijima : Has this been released allrdy? I thought it's suppose to air in december in Japan?
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-15, 18:08   Link #223
Superchop
Lord Sesshoumaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
4. Guren no Houraijima : Has this been released allrdy? I thought it's suppose to air in december in Japan?
Lol, nope...not released yet

your right though...it'll be released mid-december i believe
Superchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-23, 21:21   Link #224
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchop
Lol, i would say it...but it'll take away from actually seeing what happens...

If you want, read the manga...i forget which chapter it was but it happenned fairly recently

As for the shards...I guess it's easier to find Kagome/InuYasha then it is Kouga...so he might as well go after the ones that are closer to him
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Yeah I do

The one thing I don't understand is why Naraku keeps going after Kagome's shard , why doesn't he try to get those two from Kouga????

So 7th, you like Kagura like me... THEN NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO , YOU BETTER OFF DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!YES, REALLY!!! *cussing with a lot of bad words*

and what happen?? Why does Kikyou still alive???
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-24, 12:44   Link #225
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz
and what happen?? Why does Kikyou still alive???
Well
Spoiler:
Old 2004-11-26, 19:32   Link #226
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Send a message via Yahoo to zrdb
Thumbs down

To make a long story short-I was very disappointed with the so called "ending" of this long lived series. Inu Yasha and Kagome and all are still chasing Naraku and his merry band of assholes down the highway. This is supposed to be an ending?!?! Nothing gets resolved, everthing is left openended. At least Rumiko Takahashi's earlier series (Maison Ikkoku comes to mind) had definite endings!!
zrdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-26, 20:27   Link #227
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb
To make a long story short-I was very disappointed with the so called "ending" of this long lived series. Inu Yasha and Kagome and all are still chasing Naraku and his merry band of assholes down the highway. This is supposed to be an ending?!?! Nothing gets resolved, everthing is left openended. At least Rumiko Takahashi's earlier series (Maison Ikkoku comes to mind) had definite endings!!
It isn't a real ending because the manga is still ongoing. The reason why the producers ended the anime is because it had caught up to the manga. You can be 100% sure that there will be more Inu Yasha, be it OVA's or movies or even more episodes.
Old 2004-11-27, 01:29   Link #228
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

How can you be 100% sure? Nothing has been said.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 02:55   Link #229
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
How can you be 100% sure? Nothing has been said.
It's an assumption based on what happened with Urusei Yatsura. When the television series caught up to the manga, they ended the TV series and released the rest of the story in the forms of OVAs and movies.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 03:25   Link #230
DrWho2002
Fushigi Mystery!! @_@

What happened before may not necessarily happen again. I say best not to keep hopes up. When something is said, then one can start to look forward to it. That's how I view things.
DrWho2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-27, 07:02   Link #231
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWho2002
What happened before may not necessarily happen again. I say best not to keep hopes up. When something is said, then one can start to look forward to it. That's how I view things.
True, but Inu Yasha is pretty popular as far as I know, so I'd find it rather surprising if there weren't new episodes. But for now I'll just rewatch those 170 episodes and 4 movies, that should keep me busy for a while

Anyway, we still have the manga, it's not the greatest manga ever (the art isn't all that ...) but it is entertaining me
Old 2004-11-27, 07:07   Link #232
AnimeFangirl

Inuyasha manga, eh? Yeah, it's entertaining...when it's not dragging on and meandering through unnecessary sidequest after sidequest after sidequest after sidequest... I've been following this series since early 99 and I've lost track of the number of times I've thought the story was going somewhere only to have it detour for the 1000th time. And yet I keep reading...*sigh* I think I'm going to be a little sad when it finally ends.
Old 2004-11-27, 20:56   Link #233
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Question

I agree with some others, don't get your hopes up. This might actually be the end of Inu Yasha. I know how the final UY ova was based on the final episode of the manga, but don't always belive lightning will strike the same spot twice. And then again, maybe it will.
Old 2004-12-02, 11:03   Link #234
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Inuyasha being aired on Singapore TV.

12 Kingdoms being shown as well but i prefer Inuyasha more. All i can was that i was surprised to hear V6`s "Change the World" as its OP.

Found the story quite pleasant. Made me stay up late to watch.

Is it worth to get the DVD version? Planning to order on my next pay day along with other titles.
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-02, 12:25   Link #235
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheal
12 Kingdoms being shown as well but i prefer Inuyasha more. All i can was that i was surprised to hear V6`s "Change the World" as its OP.

Found the story quite pleasant. Made me stay up late to watch.

Is it worth to get the DVD version? Planning to order on my next pay day along with other titles.
There is a season 1 box which holds episodes 1 - 27 , It's not too expensive if you see what you get for it. I think I bought it for 70-75 euro. It hardly has any extra's though in case you fancy those.

The regular Inu Yasha DVD's can get rather costly as they only hold 3 episodes a disc ...
Old 2004-12-02, 18:21   Link #236
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Talking

Personnely I preferred Junni Kokki. I think it had a much more interesting storyline than Inu Yasha. I think that Inu Yasha is ok, but nothing special. I liked Rumiko Takahashi's earlier works much better, especially Maison Ikkoku.
Old 2004-12-05, 15:58   Link #237
JenSama
/ BlindKill

Send a message via MSN to JenSama
Wow.. the InuYasha DVD's were really expensive.. I paid $15-40 when I bought them.. I have all the shows except for the very first ones.. I'm just waiting for the forth movie now.. Well, I guess we all are..
JenSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-05, 23:36   Link #238
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Fourth Inu Yasha movie? What 4th movie, all there are is 3, according to what I just read read it'll supposedly be released this month (December).
Old 2004-12-06, 06:03   Link #239
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrdb
Fourth Inu Yasha movie? What 4th movie, all there are is 3, according to what I just read read it'll supposedly be released this month (December).
Lol, you are answering your own question in the same sentence

Some info about the 4th Inu Yasha movie

Official Title :Inu Yasha - Guren no Houraijima
release date : 23 december 2004

check this fansite for a small preview http://www.ytv.co.jp/inuyasha_movie04/index_set.html
Old 2004-12-07, 01:21   Link #240
zrdb
I'm Under Arrest!!

Question

I didn't really answer my own question, I just remembered something whilst I was inputing my comment.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen