AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-02, 10:50   Link #161
Cheesemon
Inactive Member

Eh, I guess I'll use spoiler tags on this comment, but honestly, it was kinda annoying clicking on the spoiler button of nearly every single post on this thread. I'm assuming people who don't want to be spoiled wouldn't click on this thread in the first place. ^^

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-02, 12:26   Link #162
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

It's ok. I may have my emotions punched by the episode but I didn't cry or become overly distraught (according to some posts here, their posters did). Different people react differently to different events and in different presentations. We are all here to watch the anime and enjoy. And if you enjoyed the episode, then the anime was all right for you then
Old 2004-04-03, 02:47   Link #163
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
hughes was one of the main reasons i got into the series initially so it was very aggrivating when he died in ep 25
Old 2004-04-03, 03:23   Link #164
Kouji
StrykerX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon
Eh, I guess I'll use spoiler tags on this comment, but honestly, it was kinda annoying clicking on the spoiler button of nearly every single post on this thread. I'm assuming people who don't want to be spoiled wouldn't click on this thread in the first place. ^^

Spoiler:
Well, wouldn't you feel sad at all if a similar thing happened to you?
Old 2004-04-03, 04:17   Link #165
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemon

Spoiler:
Actually I find the spoiler tag to be an incredible feature and can spare us some un-necessary flame wars....

Now onto my post... I was hard-hit by the episode even though I saw it coming--like I said a couple of pages back. Due to the lack of discussion on the fansub release day and my need to immediate commiseration, I turned to the (Japanese) Official FMA MBS Broadcast forum and found some interesting post and reactions

Many indicated that it was the first time they cried over an anime episode, or that their reactions were so strong that it was the first time they posted in an anime topic. Most indicated that towels and tissues are a must

One thing that I was most amazed at the restraint of the people who posted on that forum, is that not once--I'm not joking, not once--was the name
Spoiler for the cause of the dramatic event:

mentioned in anyway, just that there was a "death."

I'm looking forward to 26... hopefully there will be more closure on this.
Old 2004-04-03, 07:14   Link #166
baka
Apathy

Send a message via AIM to baka
It may be troublesome to use but i find it far better than places with spoilers covered with a darker color when browsing through threads of shows/anime i've not seen it angers me severly when i glance upon spoilers i was not aware of yet .
Old 2004-04-03, 09:38   Link #167
neoko

i'd give this show a 200000000000 x 2000 billion rating if hughes comes back later as a homuculus, i mean it's a brilliant idea, it would explain why he was killed off so fast...there has to be some sorta connection with him from now to the end of the series - your not telling me that that's the permanent end of him? such a powerful character willl make his appearance again - in another form...and we'll all be shocked and start crying with joy...i'm sure of it...like someone the military (roy, ed, al etc...) get into deepshit and like somehow he comes back and saves them but he doesn't reveal his l33t face until later...i mean - how awesome would that be...

either that.

or.

i'm in denial.
Old 2004-04-03, 11:55   Link #168
Kouji
StrykerX

Well, that'd be impossible unless if Edward could bring him back. Like what he wants for his mom.
Old 2004-04-03, 12:39   Link #169
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Elysia is actually a super alchemist she and Glacier goes
"lets revive Hughes"
and Elysia loses her body and Glacier loses 1 arm and 1 leg
damn where do i get all this good stuff from?
Old 2004-04-04, 03:05   Link #170
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

That was a very powerful and moving episode. My feelings for FMA have been mixed so far (some episodes I thought were ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! whereas others were somewhat Bleh~), but recently it's been moving towards Godlike. This episode has sealed its GODLIKE status in my books, and as long as it doesn't have a seriously stupid ending I will remember it as one of the best animes I've seen. Also it's had some great music for the OP/EDs...another huge plus in creating a memorable experience for anime fans.

When an anime can deal with issues of life and death in a mature matter like that, it makes me happy. I've seen so many series where it wasn't done right at all and left me with a sour taste in my mouth.

Seriously, after the episode was over it felt like I had just watched a movie, and it left me with a feeling of respect for Hughes.

R.I.P.
Old 2004-04-04, 06:23   Link #171
neoko

couldn't agree with you more Gold_Rogers, if fma doesn't end like kenshin tv does...rushed and shit, which ruined the whole of the series for me, then it will be my no.1 standing anime...truly, it's heading towards godlike and soon there will be threads 50 pages long with people saying i can't wait ne longer for next ep, the series has undergone a phase transition...it's time to get down to business :P

i have a feeling, we haven't seen the last of hughes...i'm sure...
Old 2004-04-04, 07:55   Link #172
Joe Dalton

Oh good lord they better not bring him back.
Maybe you guys would be more comfortable with shows like DBZ where the dead peole keep comming back and death has no meaning.
But FMA doesnt seem like tthe kind of show that would pull bullshit like that.
This was a great way 2 end the first season and I am soooooooo looking forward 2 26.
Old 2004-04-07, 01:27   Link #173
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
One thing that I was most amazed at the restraint of the people who posted on that forum, is that not once--I'm not joking, not once--was the name
Spoiler for the cause of the dramatic event:

mentioned in anyway, just that there was a "death."
Seriously. I even warned people (the spoilers and the whiners who are mad because it was spoiled) in the 3rd post, but did anyone listen?
Old 2004-04-07, 12:45   Link #174
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

wow....ppl crying and getting attached to the death of an anime character.....man not me....i just watched it like any normal ep...hmm is there something wrong with me?? nah....
Old 2004-04-07, 14:01   Link #175
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
This death did not affect me near as much as the Peacemaker Kurogane Death.

Spoiler for Peace Maker Kurogane Death:

But I agree that I'll miss the ongoing thing

Spoiler for The Death of FMA :
Old 2004-04-09, 01:00   Link #176
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Bobofet, ure lucky not to get affected... for me I just got over an anime character death somewhere else... and now this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm upset all over again.... I come back to watching FMA and I get this?????
This was supposed to cheer me up after watching the other anime..... I'm depressed... I was depressed over the other one for a week... although this is not as bad but I'm still sad... the writer of this anime is good... he knows how to REALLY tug at the heart strings

Spoiler:
Old 2004-04-12, 17:28   Link #177
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
This death did not affect me near as much as the Peacemaker Kurogane Death.
Something actually began to happen in that show?
ehum *on topic*
barely reacted to this episode exept for Elysia
"Why are they burying papa? he got work to do"
Old 2004-05-23, 06:30   Link #178
weyoun6
Romanji is evil

Send a message via ICQ to weyoun6
Does anyone agree with me that Episode 25 was the last really good FMA episode, and that it's kind of gone down hill since then?
Old 2004-05-23, 09:29   Link #179
Gravi-T
Rockin' Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by weyoun6
Does anyone agree with me that Episode 25 was the last really good FMA episode, and that it's kind of gone down hill since then?
I disagree!
The episodes with the poor kid (you know his name and I don't want to spoil for some guys) are really good! They are really exciting! Also I think I saw the killer of the little girl (you know who she was) somewhere (you know who I mean).
Closed Thread