Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-02-12, 11:27   Link #281
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Maybe she just wanted to see Sasuke herself before making stupid decisions. The government can say anything, but if you hear something really bad about a person that close to you, I guess any of you wanted to see it with the own eyes before making wrong decisions.
Old 2010-02-12, 12:33   Link #282
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Commando View Post
Orochimaru didn't manipulate Sasuke into leaving, in fact he stated all he would have to do is wait and Sasuke would come to him.
Yes, Orochimaru giving him the Cursed Seal and the Sound Four tieing him up, beating the crap out of him, and telling him to come with them for power had nothing to do with it.

Also, everyone says Madara is manipulating Sasuke because he's using him to achieve his own goals. But isn't Sasuke doing quite the same? Isn't Sasuke also using Madara to achieve HIS goals? Like someone else said, Sasuke even attacked Madara once.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 13:09   Link #283
antjluc

sasuke himself didnt attack madara it was itachi's eye that attacked madara
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 13:53   Link #284
Hiking_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjluc View Post
sasuke himself didnt attack madara it was itachi's eye that attacked madara
There were two other times when Sasuke attacked Madara. One was during the fight with Deidara and the other was a Chidori, I think, when Madara stood in the way of Sasuke traveling to Konoha. But both of these attacks passed through Madara, so Sasuke doesn't know how to hurt him yet. I guess Torune is the only one who's done real damage. But it's not clear that it was actually Torune's attack that caused Madara to lose his arm.
Hiking_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 17:03   Link #285
Suika-Esper
Sage Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Now I really just don't get where Kishi is going with this. Obviously she is either truly offering to join sasuke ( i find that unlikely) or she is trying to trick him so that she can try and apprehend, cripple, or kill him. I find none of these to be very interesting to be honest. I really just can't believe this is the best kishi could do. It's his story of course but....*shrugs* I'm just annoyed more than captivated by the plot right now.
This sums up my thoughts on this. If there were deeper possibilities that could come out of this turn, it would be alright, but there really aren't many options to go with here. The main thing I don't like though, is the idea of negating all of Sakura's character development and turning her back into a foolish little girl with a crush if he made her really join Sasuke.

I think she was pretty transparent when she was saying "I'll leave Konoha!" and "I'll follow you!" too. She obviously said that on the spot. I don't see how Sasuke would even be tricked by it.

With how cold and machine-like he's become, he has no reason to take her on as an ally anyway. He sees his team mates as mere tools. The only way I can see him using her is if he had her pretend to capture him to bring him to Konoha and get close enough to kill the elders by bypassing Konoha's defenses. Without rest though, it's still a foolish move.
Suika-Esper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-12, 20:03   Link #286
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Interesting chapter. I thought Karin was a goner! Obviously Sakura is going to heal her and once she joins Sasuke there will no doubt be some tension between Karin and Sakura.

Sakura did seem to regress as a character but I think this might actually be an interesting twist. It's unclear what her agenda is. It will be interesting to see her interact with Sasuke after all this time.
Old 2010-02-12, 20:58   Link #287
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Y'know, it's kind of funny. People didn't seem to have much of problem accepting that Itachi was basically a good guy doing what he thought was right even though he slaughtered his whole clan and joined the worst group of criminals ever known. But Sakura douses her teammates with some sleeping gas and she's committed unforgivable crime.
I disagree mostly...
Itachi was caught in a no win situation... if he did nothing their would be a civil war, and possibly and outright war... based on what he was delaing with he chose the lesser of two evils, and chose the village over the clan... its hard to blame him when you consider what would have happened if he didn't slaughter his clan

Now join ataksuki... That was semi-bad and dumb... i think the reason he joined was to keep an eye on madara and make sure he did not go after kohona... Madara broke that promise once Itachi was dead

Though i do think his whole "i will use hatred to make sasuke stronger" was such an incredibly idiotic plan that was prone to so much failure that i have become convinced that his good guy reveal was pure retcon, and that kishi decided to change itahci's story in part 2... which is also when i think he first invented danzou's character and decided karin was in the chunin exams

Sakura in contrast... unless he joining sasuke is genuine, then what she is doing is not bad; but it IS incredibly stupid... how the bloodly hell can she still love him after everything that has happened? it really makes no sense at all, even by love's loose standards? and what the hell makes her think she even stands a chance of killing sasuke?

And if she wants to join sasuke that is both bad and stupid... Itachi was placed in a bad situation with no good choices and tried to make the best of it, but sakura has other options that are painfully obvious but is making the worst possible decisions
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 00:33   Link #288
Ryuujin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
The interesting thing is that Sakura showed potential at the beginning of the time skip. There was a small show of her abilities during the bell test, then her superior healing abilities she learned from Tsunude was showcased as she save Kankuro, then there was the character developement during the Sasori fight. She showed that she placed the team above her feelings as she was about to attack Sasuke after their failed meeting at Orochimaru's place. .
You forgot the part where she got knocked the hell out and nearly killed by a powerup scene (from someone on HER side, at that!), which may well be a shonen first..

Don't approach a goat from the front, a horse from the back, or a fool from any side.
"I prefer to beat my opponents the old-fashioned way: brutally!"~Dinobot
Ryuujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 00:57   Link #289
antjluc

i think the way to beat madara is using a jutsu invovling chakra absorbtion because shino and torune found a way to make contact with him thru his chakra because full contact doesnt seem to work
antjluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 05:43   Link #290
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

This Sasuke/Sakura thing feels like the prequel to the bond with Pain and Konan. Konan was not as awesome of fighter that I would love to see, but in the end, the level of evil between Pain and Konan had a huge gap. I don't find the idea of Sakura "tricking" Sasuke logical, because for her to be as smart (book smart) as the story makes her to be, she should be able to tell if Sasuke is worn out enough to take on here and now; versus some 10 chapter spy plot.

Nice to see that Karin had ties to Sasuke during the Chunin exam though; unexpected!
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 08:25   Link #291
Rahan

Come on guys, Sakura can't be angsting about making Naruto suffer and leave him for Sasuke ... Especially when she knows how much she and and Naruto suffer from Sasuke's absence. She would totally break Naruto down.
It's obviously a ploy.

Anyway, I don't think her role will go father than just triggering the reunion. She was already the one who triggered the first reunion. (by harassing Sasori until he gave in and told her about his spy)
Kishi didn't promise much for Sakura, he only said he would try to write her firmer / more heroinish, not that he had big plans for her. The one he has plans for is Kakashi.

Beside, when Kiba said Sakura shouldn't underestimate Naruto, Kishi already hinted Sakura's plan would fail. Not because of Sasuke (there would have been more emphasis about Sasuke's strength instead of one line by Sai that was ignored by the others), but because of Naruto.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 10:28   Link #292
Salt
the cynic

Ahh... The plot thickens.

At least I hope it does.

I have misgivings with the previous chapters where I felt Kish just on a dime turn Sasuke bad.
He is an interesting character, I hope he has a cool ending.

What can I say, if Blizzard can give Arthas and Illidan somewhat cool endings despite of the "messy" and kind of PoS writing in WoW.
I will be damn if Kish a manga writer with no commitments like gameplay to worry about can't.
Old 2010-02-13, 10:50   Link #293
raeryne

Case 1) Sasuke doesn't accept her offer.
possibilities: a)fight breaks out (I'm not sure who'll be the people involved - Sakura,Naruto,Kakashi,Sasuke)
b)a long talk about friendship and village loyalty and bonds (possibly by Naruto, a little chance by Kakashi, if they get there on time)
c)Karin gets revived or killed on the spot or just left there while Sasuke makes his get away...

Case 2) Sasuke accepts the offer
possiblities: a)he'll make her heal Karin
b)he'll use her as substitute for Karin minus the tracking abilities
c)Sakura heals his eyes/makes him go totally blind by some medical jutsu or medicine she formulated

There's still the argument about Sakura's motives...if it turns out that she's sincere in joining him...I might lose it, I don't even know what 'it' is but I definitely will! I thought she grew up and although, I'm a SasuSaku fan, it's just not right, I guess... if it's just a ploy...well,I'd like to see what she has up in her sleeve, and it's gotta be something cool...or just something that won't epicly fail!

On one hand, I want him to accept...so they can be together for their (possible) last moments...but it heavily implies that Sasuke is ready to make use of people close to him to achieve his stupid goals...(since he never really showed he liked her in anyway, it would be naive to assume he suddenly wanted to be by her side...so using her is the only reason he would let her join)

On the other hand, I don't think he will...he doesn't want to be bothered/burdened by his former acquaintances, especially his former friends...she won't have much use to him, except that a medic nin is badly needed right now...and it may also imply he's not so evil as to use his friends and lead them to the same path of destruction he walked...there's hope for him, then...OR he just won't take her because Kakashi and Naruto caught up already...as worn out as he is, I doubt he'd like another fight with two ninja of their caliber....
raeryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 11:02   Link #294
raeryne

Somehow...I think that there's a difference in time here...I mean, Sakura is smart...she may have known that there's a big chance she won't be able to take on Sai, Kiba and Lee all by herself... so I'm thinking, MAYBE, just maybe she's made a clone already to run parallel to the direction they're taking...she asked Kiba the exact direction so she can send it there beforehand...she was ready to take them out and succeeded so she can get to the bridge herself...

with this thought, I think that maybe, the scene on the bridge happened at the same time as, if not earlier than, the forest scene with the rookies...which means that Sai's warning to Kakashi was also rather late... and that Naruto sensing Kakashi's chakra's direction is off by a few minutes, too...giving the bridge scene ample time for something good to happen (well, there's gotta be a reason for that scene to happen in the first place)...which leads us to the possibility that Kakashi and Naruto might arrive on the scene with everybody else gone (or Karin's body could be there)... I also don't think Sasuke'll kill Sakura...tempting, but no...Sasuke rejecting her has a high possibility, though...
Old 2010-02-13, 11:12   Link #295
janipani

I'm sure Sasuke at least tries to scare her a bit. But Sakura using shadow clone, I don't remember her using it before. And if she had used it I think it would had been shown.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
janipani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 12:09   Link #296
naruske

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
I'm sure Sasuke at least tries to scare her a bit. But Sakura using shadow clone, I don't remember her using it before. And if she had used it I think it would had been shown.
she used it when she fought ino in the chunin exams.
naruske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 12:11   Link #297
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Ahh... The plot thickens.
Don't you mean, coagulate? .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I will be damn if Kish a manga writer with no commitments like gameplay to worry about can't.
Kishimoto has a plant...that died, and a (I suspect) crazed twin brother...those are some serious commitments....
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-13, 13:01   Link #298
raeryne

she never uses a clone, except for that one time...but one clone is all she needed to pull that one off...besides, maybe Kishimoto-san purposely didn't want us to see the 'cloning' part? for a twist/surprise, I guess...anyway, it was just a big MAYBE and the chances of it happening are slim to none...
Old 2010-02-13, 13:35   Link #299
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by naruske View Post
she used it when she fought ino in the chunin exams.
Quote:
Originally Posted by raeryne View Post
she never uses a clone, except for that one time...but one clone is all she needed to pull that one off...besides, maybe Kishimoto-san purposely didn't want us to see the 'cloning' part? for a twist/surprise, I guess...anyway, it was just a big MAYBE and the chances of it happening are slim to none...
Sakura never used shadow clones, and i doubt ordinary clones will work against Sasuke and his sharingan
Old 2010-02-13, 15:59   Link #300
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Sakura never used shadow clones, and i doubt ordinary clones will work against Sasuke and his sharingan
I dont know if he can even use hiss one sharingan in his state. I bet hes totally blind in one of his eyes as well.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion