AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-19, 23:31   Link #1001
Arnyer
Ferratus

Well, I guess this reaffirms why the manga is called "Suzuka".

The mangaka certainly seems enthusiastic about the character, but he hasn't convinced me yet why I should be.
Old 2006-09-20, 00:39   Link #1002
cynicalicious
I like pie.

Booooo lame time skip. (Hooray, beer!)

Sorry, but the time skip feels like a cop-out on the author's part. Not like I'm going to stop reading it over this, but still...
Old 2006-09-20, 00:50   Link #1003
Freeter
beyond

It'll be even worse when you go back and read the chapters in succession.

120: "I'm the new captain now!"

121: "That was fun, now I'm gonna retire"
Old 2006-09-20, 01:12   Link #1004
DeathRaptor
Der Wille zur Macht

Well I'm a bit dissapointed, but at the same time I'm eager to see what's in the future for them. I still have great hopes.
Old 2006-09-20, 02:49   Link #1005
TwilightHack
~ Madoka = Win ~

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet... but in my opinion, it was needed.

A whole year of trying to split the manga between the two main-characters would have been taxing. Plus, this opens up a lot more options and raises some questions.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-20, 03:18   Link #1006
tritoch

ROFL

timeskip on the no asahina year sheesh. Whatever happened to Honoka and Yamato? Last time I check they were like the next best thing.. sheesh

Gah.. Miki.. I <3 Miki.
Old 2006-09-20, 13:51   Link #1007
jimex289

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-20, 16:05   Link #1008
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
After all the events in the manga iv started wondering about the anime. Does anyone think they will try to continue it from where they left off, or leave it be. i know some people dont want to see season 2 but if it followed the manga i wouldnt mind.

what say you?
Old 2006-09-20, 16:32   Link #1009
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Then we (hopefully) discover Suzuka to be some drunk and depressed biatzch coming back like a puppy to Yamato ... YEAH RIGHT.

BOO.
Old 2006-09-20, 17:09   Link #1010
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter
It'll be even worse when you go back and read the chapters in succession.

120: "I'm the new captain now!"

121: "That was fun, now I'm gonna retire"
LOL!

Well, I'm hoping that yamato doesn't go back with suzuka, anything but that, and it seems that after a year yamato is cool and all, now all nervous around honoka aww

But I think suzuka also going to be having a personality change.. so i wouldn't know if she is strict one or not...
Old 2006-09-20, 17:12   Link #1011
retracnosna

I really hope she's dating that guy (arima?) who went with her to the states

just as the final nail in the coffin for her likeable-ness as a character
Old 2006-09-20, 17:12   Link #1012
Mentar
Banned

To quote the last page of 121, "How will Yamato react?"

Indeed. Fills me with dread. If wonderboy relapses into the old "Asahinaaaa!!" routine despite all which happened, I'll ask a japanese TL friend of mine to prepare a protest note with alot of expletives. Everyone over here would be invited to sign it.

I'll try my best to stay open-minded, and who knows - maybe a Suzuka-Yamato resolution can be sold to me somehow. But the mangaka will have to do ALOT to make this work for me. ALOT. And it will include dramatic changes to Suzuka.
Old 2006-09-20, 17:27   Link #1013
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
To quote the last page of 121, "How will Yamato react?"

Indeed. Fills me with dread. If wonderboy relapses into the old "Asahinaaaa!!" routine despite all which happened, I'll ask a japanese TL friend of mine to prepare a protest note with alot of expletives. Everyone over here would be invited to sign it.
Can I triple-sign it?
Old 2006-09-20, 17:36   Link #1014
philip72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
I'll try my best to stay open-minded, and who knows - maybe a Suzuka-Yamato resolution can be sold to me somehow.
An incredibly dere-dere, uncharacteristically contrite and overly affectionate Suzuka would sell me.

Other than that I'm looking forward to a Yui, Yamato, Miki sandwich and announcing my own personal engagement to Honoka (I'll figure out the mechanics of marrying a fictional character later).
Old 2006-09-20, 18:23   Link #1015
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

1 year huh, what a waste. We could've seen fun events like Miho starting high school and joining the club. Maybe we'll get a special chronicling one or more events during the time-slip. Suzuka: The Lost Year

Well I'm not sure what to think really. I hope this beach event occurs without Asahina. Right now I'm seeing three possibilities: Yamato/Suzuka in the end, and Yamato/no one Suzuka/someone, Yamato/no one Suzuka/no one.) At this point I can't see anyone else with Yamato because of this one year skip, well, besides Honoka, but right now that's so faint.
Old 2006-09-20, 18:52   Link #1016
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

I think the mangaka wants to put drama once again, but man such a waste, he/she(forgot his/her gender already) should just have continued it to see more development between honoka, and even miki.
Old 2006-09-20, 21:10   Link #1017
Arnyer
Ferratus

Suzuka would be a pretty cool manga if it weren't for Suzuka.

Seriously though, isn't it kind of sad/funny that it seems that many of the people on the board were greatly anticipating how the manga would be once it was rid of Suzuka for a year?

Spoiler for ch. 121:

@Sinestra: I wouldn't mind a second season of the anime if they bumped up the budget. Suzuka made a good anime, but the art/animation quality was distracting.

In other news, does this mean Yui is now gone for good?
Old 2006-09-20, 21:16   Link #1018
Tamaki

I can't wait for chapter 122....... XD

Now my hopes are down. Since the time skip started I think Suzuka is drawing to an end T_T.
Old 2006-09-20, 21:49   Link #1019
ihavelonghair

Quote:
Suzuka would be a pretty cool manga if it weren't for Suzuka.
cmon ... do you honestly think that ?
the manga is still going on, who knows what might happen in the next few chapters. is it predictable ? maybe , but that ruins the fun out of it. at least wait till the manga is finished before you decide all the bad parts about it. im not trying to be some stuck up suzuka fan but just give it a chance. after all, the ending is the best part.
Old 2006-09-20, 22:13   Link #1020
markphilly@yahoo.com

Lets all hope the story continues into College. Then it can drag on for a long time. Where is Yui!!!!!!
Closed Thread