AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 36.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 16.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-09, 17:03   Link #201
typhonsentra

Minori doesn't strike me as the kind of character who would obsess over things like that. Not to mention that going too far with making her emo would kill her position as the series's go-to for genki comedic relief.
Old 2008-12-09, 18:27   Link #202
SkoolRumble4Ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I dont know we have seen that angle so many times i kind of want them to avoid that trap. I mean Toradora has been about people learning and accepting their own feelings. So far everything has been right on with the progression of the story and character development. If possible i want Toradora to avoid obvious drama like that. Its a good way to drum up drama in a series between the main characters but its been seen so many times.
Yeah your right it doesn't match the theme of this series. Here's hoping for a Minorin and Ryuji moment
Old 2008-12-09, 19:45   Link #203
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkoolRumble4Ya View Post
Wouldn't it be crazy if Ryuji does get with Minorin in the end but as he's going out her he starts to notice he love being with Taiga more and realize he have feelings for Taiga.
In other words, it becomes Kimikiss Pure Rouge. Somehow I'm not sure it would work. Taiga = Mao? Somewhat mindblogging! And Minori=Yuumi, Ryuuji=Kouichi.... actually the hair colour is right for all three, oddly enough. No blue haired girl in Kimikiss, but we could just about round it off with Ami=Eriko, Kitamura=Kai. Hmmm, maybe it's just crazy enough to work.... Mao's meltdown mode is not unlike Taiga at her most vulnerable after all.

I can actually imagine the classic denouement scene from Kimikiss retold:
Spoiler for indirect kimikiss spoiler:
(In fact we already know that Ryuuji is sufficiently oblivious to girl's feelings that he could play Kouichi's thick-headed role pretty well.)

Close this thread, Open the nexT

Last edited by Samatarou; 2008-12-11 at 15:50. Reason: purple prose is indirect spoiler
Old 2008-12-10, 04:10   Link #204
Oxtail

This episode shows once again that Ami is the best character in the series. Not only is she the most perceptive, she's also the most honest with her feelings. It's ironic since she's the one with the false facade. But while everyone else is in denial or just too dense to understand their own feelings she's not afraid to throw it out there.

And she was completely right when she said he would never "hit" Minori(like he was doing when he was slapping Ami's forearm for lying to him) because they're not equals. He would never do that to Taiga, either. Ami is the only one he treats as an equal and the only one he actually feels comfortable being himself around. Minori is someone he worships and Taiga is an injured bad-tempered puppy he takes care of.
Old 2008-12-10, 07:04   Link #205
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Minori doesn't strike me as the kind of character who would obsess over things like that. Not to mention that going too far with making her emo would kill her position as the series's go-to for genki comedic relief.
But that raises a question. Minori's mask of being a weird-genki girl isn't really explained. It's clearly there...but isn't really mentioned. It's like, while she is philosphical about love and friendship, she never really quite asks about herself. It's a bit odd because that's the reason Ryuuji falls for her...is it possible she doesn't want to show Ryuuji her true nature?

Unlike Ami or Taiga who have shown their true nature to Ryuuji and he has been able to cope with it. With Ami he's a bit more honest considering how he treats her like a regular friend. They tease each other and get equally punished but there's still a lot of respect there. Taiga brings out his nurturing side though since he can't help not helping Taiga with food, shelter and cleanliness.

So what Minori could bring out in Ryuuji is something we really don't know. Will we ever know?
Old 2008-12-10, 07:04   Link #206
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baka Ronin View Post
many of them are starting to get an inkling of their true feelings, except for Ryuuji. I think he is confusing his desire to nurture with romantic feelings when it comes to minori and it will be very sad if minori actually starts to love him romantically only to find out that he picks ami or taiga.
That would be a big blow to Minorin's heart. I don't see her really going after Ryuuji, obviously it would be Ryuuji going after her. Minorin is just the the type of person that is not ready for any romantic connection with anyone yet, after all she still does not believe it herself, unless she truly see it. There is a possibility, the reason she is like that is maybe her upbringing, as she stated before both her parents work, and in her eye, they didnt really have time for her and possibly each other.
Old 2008-12-10, 07:44   Link #207
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I have a feeling we're all gonna be a bit surprised with Minorin, yet.

And I'm not saying this as a veteran novel-reader, as I can't read japanese and I don't really like being spoiled about something of this nature (hence, I'm following Baka-Tsuki's translations, which are mostly up to where the anime is, right now).

Just a gut feeling, I guess.

Old 2008-12-10, 08:41   Link #208
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
I have a feeling we're all gonna be a bit surprised with Minorin, yet.

And I'm not saying this as a veteran novel-reader, as I can't read japanese and I don't really like being spoiled about something of this nature (hence, I'm following Baka-Tsuki's translations, which are mostly up to where the anime is, right now).

Just a gut feeling, I guess.
He he he, I wouldnt be surprise by next episode, instead of Ami being a splinter on Taiga, Minorin would be Taiga's problem. It seems on this episode she really got close to Ryuuji, now how would Taiga diffuse that... he he he.

OH!!!

That would be funny if Taiga becomes a dere towards Ryuuji suddenly, and Ryuuji just didnt know what to do.
Old 2008-12-10, 12:06   Link #209
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
I doubt Taiga will change her behavior towards Ryuuji any time soon. At least not until she figures out her own feelings for him.
Old 2008-12-11, 02:07   Link #210
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samatarou View Post
In other words, it becomes Kimikiss Pure Rouge. Somehow I'm not sure it would work. Taiga = Mao? Somewhat mindblogging! And Minori=Yuumi, Ryuuji=Kouichi.... actually the hair colour is right for all three, oddly enough. No blue haired girl in Kimikiss, but we could just about round it off with Ami=Eriko, Kitamura=Kai. Hmmm, maybe it's just crazy enough to work.... Mao's meltdown mode is not unlike Taiga at her most vulnerable after all.

Spoiler for Kimikiss:
Should you put the Kimikiss part into spoiler? Since it's spoiler after all

Not like it's going to harm anyone in this case, but i will be really mad if someone put up spoilers of what will happen in Higurashi Kai here(watching it even when it finished for ages)
Old 2008-12-11, 02:21   Link #211
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah... that's the hairy part about spoilers -- "compare and contrast" is a basic tool of literary analysis; but we'd like to avoid giving away plot points of even fairly old series unnecessarily.

conundrum.
Old 2008-12-11, 12:57   Link #212
Beo
where's the snow?

Yep - I got whacked for doing it. Without thinking, I compared to a series that was out 3 years ago. So from now on all comparisons to other series I will just put a spoiler tag around it.
Old 2008-12-12, 01:48   Link #213
wistfulloner

Ami is a particularly deep character; although shes the little wayward bitch, shes brutally blunt, and is never in conflict with herself. I have never been a fan of her, but shes showing more and more wisdom by the moment, especially in Ep10

Spoiler for Ami:
Old 2008-12-12, 16:04   Link #214
Baka Ronin

Send a message via ICQ to Baka Ronin Send a message via AIM to Baka Ronin Send a message via MSN to Baka Ronin Send a message via Yahoo to Baka Ronin
Well, she is certainly more smart about these things than the average person her age, but that by no means makes her wise.
Old 2008-12-13, 02:20   Link #215
wistfulloner

She's no Confucius, but I'm saying that she is definitely more aware of the situation than any of her classmates.
Old 2012-03-29, 13:37   Link #216
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

I just saw this episode (necromancy on this thread).

As someone who usually loves tsundere characters, I tend to like Ami far more than Taiga. I have a feeling she's going to be the tragic heroine in this series...
Old 2012-04-03, 00:22   Link #217
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll just say it gets complicated .. but its a pretty good story all the way.
Old 2012-04-08, 12:48   Link #218
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRanger View Post
I just saw this episode (necromancy on this thread).

As someone who usually loves tsundere characters, I tend to like Ami far more than Taiga. I have a feeling she's going to be the tragic heroine in this series...
Fair enough, Ami/Baka-chi is one of the best characters in the show and my second favourite after Taiga xD To be fair my rank among Toradora characters is merely for show as i love practically all the cast and the most enjojable aspects of Ami and all characters to me is the chemistry they have between themselves(i love Ami's chemistry with Taiga, they're like bickering sisters yet Taiga eventually wamrs up to her and Ami shows her inner heart of gold by secretly supporting the little tiger xD!).

If you're still on Ep 10 just wait and see, you'll see more Ami-chan goodness xD!

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-04-11, 13:14   Link #219
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Fair enough, Ami/Baka-chi is one of the best characters in the show and my second favourite after Taiga xD To be fair my rank among Toradora characters is merely for show as i love practically all the cast and the most enjojable aspects of Ami and all characters to me is the chemistry they have between themselves(i love Ami's chemistry with Taiga, they're like bickering sisters yet Taiga eventually wamrs up to her and Ami shows her inner heart of gold by secretly supporting the little tiger xD!).

If you're still on Ep 10 just wait and see, you'll see more Ami-chan goodness xD!
Haha I actually posted that post a while ago, I finished the series a while back haha. Ami still my fave. <3. Always like the badass/sexy characters.
Old 2012-04-13, 13:47   Link #220
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Actually i usually tend to dislike "Alpha Bitch" characters but Ami is just so hammy and entertaining to watch, plus she's also a true bro and an ended up showing very endearing traits xD

I hope more characters like her(mean yet secretly good girls) appear more often in anime xD

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Closed Thread