AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-12-24, 02:02   Link #381
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 02:50   Link #382
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
This'd better get a continuation, and soon. We can't end with such a painfully obvious cliffhanger.

On a different note, I'm glad that Hanabusa dude isn't any taller. A thin man who grabs control of people's weaknesses and convinces them to kill. Imagine for a second that he was just a little taller, maybe with a fancy black suit...
There's a much better version of this guy.

Spoiler:
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 08:38   Link #383
K11chi

So the last episode was about their first case. Too bad the cases are bottom of the barrel in this show.
K11chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 09:14   Link #384
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post

Spoiler:
I think you may have missed my point. I was saying that if just a little taller, he would look creepily similar to another fictitious character that has become very well known and is similarly infamous for driving people to murder and/or suicide.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 09:38   Link #385
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 12:
So TROYCA ends this series with a flashback, huh? On the other hand, glad that both Shoutarou and Sakurako-san reunited.

Still, I wanted more of this as Hanabusa-san is on the loose. Maybe in the future (if Blu-ray sales are good), we'll have another season of this series!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 22:45   Link #386
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post

Spoiler:

I see I wasn't the only one who thought of Johan in comparison with Hanabusa, at least based on what little we've seen on him. Another one that comes to mind is Shogo Makishima from Psycho-Pass.

Still, it remains to be seen if Hanabusa lives up to other examples of the trope or just seems like a low-rent version- we haven't really seen enough of him to say much at this point...
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-24, 23:00   Link #387
zztop

Has anyone here read the source novels? Do they mention who or what Hanabusa's motives are?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 00:13   Link #388
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
@Sakurako's fiancé

- IIRC, he's been mentioned in the source novels. How involved he is what I don't know since my Japanese is not that good.

@novel

- Someone's translating it at reddit. It's slow though.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-25, 13:38   Link #389
mergele

Last episode wasn't what I expected, but probably better than forcing a big showdown after so rather little buildup. Overall a pretty enjoiable series. Although it didn't really deliver much in terms of mystery it was advertised as.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-26, 08:33   Link #390
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Once I accepted that this was a character drama more than a series of mysteries, I enjoyed it much more.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-29, 16:04   Link #391
Draco Spirit

The shows central them was death and the cause/effects of it... rather than being a true mystery show IMHO. Once you start looking at it from that angle, it really works well.

Giving it a solid B+. It's episodes pacing was a bit off at time and I suspect a two part structure is it's natural home, through solid art, characters and a deep exploration of death give it plenty of pluses.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-07, 04:00   Link #392
jdennis007

Solid show, want a second season of it.
Old 2017-09-14, 18:20   Link #393
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Was able to get a listen to the show's OST. Finally, the OP/ED TV version songs in it...

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-14, 09:35   Link #394
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

As I said before, the cases didn't click on me during the case of the grandmother's painting. However, as I marathoned more of the cases, two things made sense: the tagline of the series and Shoutarou's occasionally-spoken catchphrase, both involving the loss of a loved one. This turned the series into something unlike a lot of the mystery shows I had watched—it's not only about a duo investigating about bones, it's about how they allowed people to move on from the deaths of people they cherished. It added a personal touch to detective mystery, something that other shows try to avoid (sometimes for professionalism's sake).

I was a bit troubled that not enough time was spent on the cases involving Hanabusa the Sphenoider. It was definitely something personal to Sakurako-san, after "inheriting" the cold case somehow and finding that several previous cases were all part of the Sphenoider's elaborate plan to obtain sphenoid bones from people. Instead, the show focused on "relationships after loss", as both Shoutarou and Sakurako-san dealt with losing someone important in their lives. Perhaps the Sphenoider would be the antagonist in the entire story, a grim reminder of Sakurako-san's "abyss", and no amount of airtime is enough to illustrate their encounters.

Overall, despite the slip at the start (no offense to the grandmother who died that way) and the unfortunate lack of space to depict the Sphenoider's threat to Shoutarou and Sakurako-san, I think it's a pretty decent show. At least it's not as bad as Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes.

ENTRY #362 GET.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, thriller