AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-14, 15:26   Link #141
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This was one time I was absolutely pulling for Spe to get stomped into the ground. She absolutely deserved to lose that race. Is it fine to focus on Suzuka? Sure. She's a friend and someone she idolizes. But the moment she let her entire world revolve around Suzuka she didn't have any business being out there in that race. Not only disrespectful to her competitors, but absolutely killed her chance to win. Honestly having her finish 3rd or worse would have hit that point home harder, but shows how far above her general competition Special Week is.

She absolutely needed this. The whole episode she was getting a bit too much. There is worrying about someone and smothering them. Suzuka has things to work through and it's not easy to do that with Special Week fussing over her at every point along the way. Things needed to transition from this caretaker role she took on.

I think it was fine for Grass to be a bit pissed. She respects Special Week and considers her a friend on some level. But it didn't feel going into that race or during the race that the feeling was mutual. This isn't yandere, this is just being disrespected and underestimated.

Now at least Special Week and probably even Suzuka can move ahead. For months and months Special Week has effectively lost focus. Her main goal isn't to run with Suzuka again or be her caretaker. It's to be better than Suzuka and fulfill her dream. Caring about Suzuka doesn't have to compromise that main goal, but Special Week was getting to that point. Now she can get her head on straight and get back to racing with purpose.

It's a longer road for Suzuka. We've seen how long it took Grass to get back to this point. So Suzuka isn't going to regain her past speed or hopefully surpass that speed overnight.
Old 2018-05-14, 16:01   Link #142
Kazu-kun

Grass' "please notice me, senpai" attitude was more than a bit yandere, imo. She didn't just want Spe to think about the race. She wanted her to think about her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
It's to be better than Suzuka and fulfill her dream.
Being better than Suzuka isn't the goal either. For instance, El Condor never lost a race in Japan (except the one time she lost to Suzuka). Spe already lost multiple times. She'll never be better than El Condor, let alone Suzuka. Nah, being the "best horse girl" has to mean something else. There's a reason the trainer asked Special Week what does it mean to be the best horse girl back in episode 1, remember? I don't think this show is about Special Week becoming the ultimate racer. I think Spe has to find out what "being the best horse girl" means to her. For Suzuka, it was about making people dream. What does it mean for Special Week?

That been said, Special Week still has to win the Triple Crown. I guess that's what the next few episodes are gonna focus on.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-05-14 at 22:16.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 07:42   Link #143
Vaans
NEET

I feel bad and a bit disappointed with Spe-chan. She put too much time for Suzuka and not for improving herself. I'm glad that Suzuka is now fine, so Spe can now focus on herself more. She needs to make a big comeback. I am rather irritated that she lost to Seiun Sky again in the last episode.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-15, 10:36   Link #144
ScrewySquirrel

The real Special Week only won 10 of his 17 races, so this feels right
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 15:39   Link #145
AntonKutovoi

OK, I didn't expect Lady Oscar (Lady Horsecar?) to appear.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 16:18   Link #146
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a good episode. Some pushing and work needed to get both Suzuka and Special Week into their games again. No shock that Suzuka would be hit by a bit of a mental wall. Can't imagine getting hit by that kind of injury and then starting to run again without some fear. Props to the trainer for the effort he put in. He knew that at this rate both of them wouldn't be able to truly race again. Rather than someone to help her up, Suzuka needed someone she wanted to speed past.

Now things can continue to move forward for them. And hey good effort by El. I didn't think she was going to win that race at the end since the best was keeping her ability in mind. But I did like how close she came to winning against the best out there. Her growth has been insane.
Old 2018-05-20, 16:29   Link #147
Kazu-kun

I don't think El has grown per se. I think the best in Europe just isn't that much better. Suzuka is the gold standard in the Uma Musume world imo. Specially when she was at her best. The announcer in the Tennoh Shou said she had never seen a horsegirl that fast.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-05-20 at 16:46.
Old 2018-05-20, 16:42   Link #148
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 9 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-20, 17:46   Link #149
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

she's learning. sugoi/10

https://streamable.com/gg152
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 06:44   Link #150
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Amazing episode. Suzuka and Spe-chan's confidence are back. Suzuka also seems to be more sociable now. Surprised at them all going into the water by accident. XD

Too bad El-c han lost. But at least the anime is not biased.. they showed that horse girls from other countries are also fast.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 14:02   Link #151
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I really liked the ending bit with El. Being able to see that vulnerable side of her like we've seen in Suzuka and Spe was really touching.

It also reinforces exactly how much she values Spe as a friend and a rival, imo.
Old 2018-05-21, 15:56   Link #152
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Hearing El-chan cry on the phone made me feel legitimately sad.

Speaking of phones, the telephones in the beginning of the episode made me laugh. They're so ridiculous, but so cute. Makes you wonder if they have human ears under their hair. :O

Old 2018-05-21, 16:52   Link #153
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Hearing El-chan cry on the phone made me feel legitimately sad.

Speaking of phones, the telephones in the beginning of the episode made me laugh. They're so ridiculous, but so cute. Makes you wonder if they have human ears under their hair. :O
They do not, that's the main point and the reson why they use such phones.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-21, 17:10   Link #154
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I mean...they could have regular ears, but they might not be functioning. like having extra flesh left over from evolution!
Old 2018-05-21, 17:29   Link #155
Kazu-kun

They could, but it doesn't look to be the case. And that's a good thing. 4 ears just doesn't it for me. lol

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-05-21 at 20:32.
Old 2018-05-21, 19:46   Link #156
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Here's the race.

Old 2018-05-21, 20:25   Link #157
Mistyclear

Great episode!! Finally Suzuka and Spe are back up and running again...after the splendid face plant that is.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-22, 06:02   Link #158
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I don't think El has grown per se. I think the best in Europe just isn't that much better. Suzuka is the gold standard in the Uma Musume world imo. Specially when she was at her best. The announcer in the Tennoh Shou said she had never seen a horsegirl that fast.
If we are going to use the Suzuka vs. El Condor match as a way to compare horse girl speeds. El vs Broye = the gap is small.. Suzuaka vs El = the gap is really big in the Tennoshou race. I think Suzuka would have a good chance against Broye if they raced.. assuming she would not get tired.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 17:38   Link #159
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 10 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-27, 20:44   Link #160
Mistyclear

^I believe the explanation they gave for why she in 7th was exactly because she trained to hard, without taking a break—she overextended/wore herself out before the race in other words. To much training and not enough rest will backfire on you if you’re not careful. That’s why they sent her home and forbid her from running.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, anthropormorphism, horsegirl